Jump to content
pearomaniac

Stop new forum members instantly opening new topics.

Recommended Posts

pearomaniac

For the love of God, please stop new forum members creating new topics without them fulfilling some requirements first (reply on 10 topics, be a member for a day, get good karma on comments etc.).

 

The forum is getting overfilled with topics from our respected new members and they are ALL same topics with few variables and it is becoming painful to watch it and to even scroll past it because its, like, there.

I am talking about topics like "i bought the game but cannot play it", "i haven't got verification email", "fix your game", "i got banned and i haven't cheated a day in my life" etc. etc. etc. dozens and dozens of posts like this and most of those post should not even be on the forum as they(players) can inquire about most of those problems to the supports service, please admins, make it stop, at least slow it down.

 

Thank you. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pricey_234

I totally agree with you. It is really frustrating as I keep answering to the same questions over and over again, when all they literally have to do is use the search and they will find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
painzilla

man you guys are really lost aren't you? How would you guys feel, when you paid 200U$D for nothing?

People have serious issues with the game and paid a lot of money...

They are frustrated and write an E-Mail to the support, where no one gets help because there are so many support tickets and they can not keep up...

And then of course they write something in the forum, since they literelly have no other options, what are you guys wondering about?

For example: Did you guys ever use the search function? How is that going to help when after the purchase of the game it says in the launcher "Purchase" again?

Or you need a simple E-Mail change, forwarded every proof multiple times to the support and they don't reply for months...

Let me know how the search option will help me with these issues.

Thank you

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koliess

The problem now lies with the person who solved it, not the person who raised it

If the topics resolves the issue, or a search resolves the issue, then it won't happen

Actually, the reality is cruel and many new forum members  haven't found any solution to the problem, even the topics, search and support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
notprae

Forum mods just need to do a better job at cleaning up all the poo and moving topics where they belong tbh. The forum is not that busy compared to Discord or Reddit. It shouldn't be that hard to move topics to their appropriate sections.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
8 hours ago, saemo93 said:

They are frustrated and write an E-Mail to the support, where no one gets help because there are so many support tickets and they can not keep up...

 

You send an email to the support and that is it, you wait, they will see it eventually, none kind of topics on the forum will make it be resolved quicker. Period.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swats73

All new forum accounts are restricted at first.

All tickets will be answered ASAP and support team is working flat out to resolve the current delays. 

Swats73 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldirty

The forum should be a place to get help. New players most likely need help.

Your annoyance is unjustified and extremely selfish.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
painzilla
vor 2 Stunden schrieb swats73:

All new forum accounts are restricted at first.

All tickets will be answered ASAP and support team is working flat out to resolve the current delays. 

Swats73 

Can you help me out with my request? Next week it will be 2 months old, maybe it was overlooked...

REQUESTID#2547326#

Much appreciated :)

It's funny actually, for some reason I respect the moderators here a lot, and I hate that I have to be so persistent, but after all I paid 70€UR (Left behind Edition, not on this Account) and it makes me sad that I have to watch other people that play the game all day long and I can't :(

And all that just because of an old Mail that I don't have access to anymore...

Edited by saemo93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
3 hours ago, swats73 said:

All new forum accounts are restricted at first.

All tickets will be answered ASAP and support team is working flat out to resolve the current delays. 

Swats73 

Could you tell us what kind of restrictions are applied? I kinda remember i could not post straight away when i joined forum, just cant remember how long.

1 hour ago, saemo93 said:

Can you help me out with my request? Next week it will be 2 months old, maybe it was overlooked...

REQUESTID#2547326#

Much appreciated :)

It's funny actually, for some reason I respect the moderators here a lot, and I hate that I have to be so persistent, but after all I paid 70€UR (Left behind Edition, not on this Account) and it makes me sad that I have to watch other people that play the game all day long and I can't :(

And all that just because of an old Mail that I don't have access to anymore...

@oldirtycome on now, help the man. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
Natalino
21 hours ago, pearomaniac said:

For the love of God, please stop new forum members creating new topics without them fulfilling some requirements first (reply on 10 topics, be a member for a day, get good karma on comments etc.).

 

The forum is getting overfilled with topics from our respected new members and they are ALL same topics with few variables and it is becoming painful to watch it and to even scroll past it because its, like, there.

I am talking about topics like "i bought the game but cannot play it", "i haven't got verification email", "fix your game", "i got banned and i haven't cheated a day in my life" etc. etc. etc. dozens and dozens of posts like this and most of those post should not even be on the forum as they(players) can inquire about most of those problems to the supports service, please admins, make it stop, at least slow it down.

 

Thank you. 

There are already restrictions in place and mostly no restrictions under the beta forums as paying customer. We actively lock threads and even give out warnings for these things for those who repeatedly do it. It is also within our forum rules. Regardless, what you see is only a fraction of what was not cleaned up. You do not see all the ones that are already handled. 

 

That said, we are actively looking for new moderators so, you are welcome to apply to help with this or even reporting threads for moderators to review them. All this is really due to the influx of new players and growth of EFT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
6 minutes ago, Natalino said:

 All this is really due to the influx of new players and growth of EFT. 

I am totally aware of the reasons for this and i am also aware that most of us see only fractions of those post, hence for some longer lasting restrictions may make mods life easier. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalino
Just now, pearomaniac said:

I am totally aware of the reasons for this and i am also aware that most of us see only fractions of those post, hence for some longer lasting restrictions may make mods life easier. :)

Not really. It just means that they will bump old threads we just have to go and lock for other reasons (bumping old threads and not using search function). And more resections only restricts the legit posters who we value their opinion, feedback and their need for help. If that makes sense. And what you are saying is valid and makes sense but not the proper solution from what we know from the inside. 

 

P.S: Not dismissing you. I will keep what you said in mind for sure. We are also working on expanding our moderation team and restructuring things for better management of the forums. Our Discord is currently top notch. We just have to clean up a little more over here too.  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
14 minutes ago, Natalino said:

There are already restrictions in place and mostly no restrictions under the beta forums as paying customer. We actively lock threads and even give out warnings for these things for those who repeatedly do it. It is also within our forum rules. Regardless, what you see is only a fraction of what was not cleaned up. You do not see all the ones that are already handled. 

 

That said, we are actively looking for new moderators so, you are welcome to apply to help with this or even reporting threads for moderators to review them. All this is really due to the influx of new players and growth of EFT. 

OK, i must say that i really appreciate when someone of the devs/mods/managers uses his time and really communicate to the players personally, means a lot.  Cheers.

 

Btw you said i could report threads to be reviewed? I am not sure how to do that because i dont see an option to report a topic/thread. Only thing i used is "report post" option inside of the topic, is that the same thing or there is an option to report the topic/thread itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalino
5 minutes ago, pearomaniac said:

Btw you said i could report threads to be reviewed? I am not sure how to do that because i dont see an option to report a topic/thread. Only thing i used is "report post" option inside of the topic, is that the same thing or there is an option to report the topic/thread itself?

image.png

Hover over a post and the button "report post" shows up just like my screenshot above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
1 minute ago, Natalino said:

image.png

Hover over a post and the button "report post" shows up just like my screenshot above. 

Ok mate, thats what i thought. Thanks a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sabreside
12 hours ago, pearomaniac said:

You send an email to the support and that is it, you wait, they will see it eventually, none kind of topics on the forum will make it be resolved quicker. Period.

Not everyone knows what they are getting into they bought this game. Most games you pay 60,100,200 dollars for the support team contacts you within 24 hours. NOT this game, and most people dont know that until they come to the forums and see that while reading other things. To be honest, most people's first time to a forum is because there is some kind of problem, not because they are reaching out to the community to say hi.  Sad as that is, that is true of most of us. So with that being said, Hi.  Now can you help me with this thing. My ping is over 200 on us servers where it shows my ping is in the teens. :) 

 

Also why am I waiting 12 minutes for reserve OMG image.png.5ac6b990e583f06ad0cd4be9b8130843.png

 

Edited by Sabreside
add a picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niewiarygodny
19 hours ago, Koliess said:

The problem now lies with the person who solved it, not the person who raised it

Really? 
So tell me why ppl keep opening topics about well known issues/things, which were mentioned 120948190248 times?
Even if thread was closed by mod, where he explained everything?

I will answer that for you. 
Its' cause of ppl who opens topics without searching answer first.
scav vs scav?
Not getting "upgrade"?
Coop with progress?
"i didn't kill him, why"?
189724891724 topic about "Game not being realistic"
18724589127984 topic about "Problem with servers" 
and more. In each topic same answers, nothing new. 

9 minutes ago, Sabreside said:

Not everyone knows what they are getting into they bought this game

And thats their problem, their mistake. Before i bought EFT (almost 3 years ago) i did check Twitch streams, forum, yt videos etc.
i found out as much i could, including old interviews to have a view how EFT gonna looks like in future, after that i knew what i am gonna expect.

11 minutes ago, Sabreside said:

To be honest, most people's first time to a forum is because there is some kind of problem

Okey, sure, it's good thing to do, almost...
If they would use SEARCH option which can answer for almsot every question, instead creating 1000th topic about same probem/issue/question/idea/whatever else :P

Also don't change topic, it's against rules, but you are waiting 12 min cause they have problems with servers most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoxMisanthrope

We're not all bad. Just saying.
I don't plan on making a new thread until I've exhausted every last resource I have on finding an answer.
Besides, these forums are cramped enough.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
symbiote
8 hours ago, Sabreside said:

Not everyone knows what they are getting into they bought this game. Most games you pay 60,100,200 dollars for the support team contacts you within 24 hours. NOT this game, and most people dont know that until they come to the forums and see that while reading other things. To be honest, most people's first time to a forum is because there is some kind of problem, not because they are reaching out to the community to say hi.  Sad as that is, that is true of most of us. So with that being said, Hi.  Now can you help me with this thing. My ping is over 200 on us servers where it shows my ping is in the teens. :) 

Also why am I waiting 12 minutes for reserve OMG

 

  So? How it is every ones problem or BSG problem if one does not know what he is doing (buying a product without reading or familiarizing with it)?

Your example about support response can't be an argument. Each company is different, and you shouldn't expect that everyone would have same amount of employees, business models, game size/complexity/stage is different and so on. BSG is a small company, and it just can't handle hundreds of thousands of request in 24 hours. And specially when angry kids are just spamming support with arbitrary descriptions or same tickets...

Have a problem? Try searching forum, can't find it? Report it to BSG, and that's it. Wait.

And this topic is not about people who have a problem and asking in a forum, but about those who overflows it with subjective reality, angry and sexually frustrated feelings like mentioned above. These things lead nowhere.

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions, there is no need to blame everyone and curse the game. Learn to read TOS, inspect what are you buying. And expect bugs in BETA stage of game.

peace out.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
painzilla
vor einer Stunde schrieb symbiote:

1. Nobody cares about anyone money and what one does with it.

2. Nobody cares about your feelings. And why do you assume that your feelings (crying) is important for all of us to read, about hacks (with no proofs, just lame stories), "can't run", "game is broken rant" etc. now use your head instead of feelings and tell us how any of us can help with that? Or anything here is for discussion?

3. Support can't answer all the questions, they are overflown, it takes time to investigate. Try it before saying.

4. Forum is not meant for crying, it is for discussion. (lookup definition)

5. No it won't help you. Because you are disrespectful, lazy to read.

It is so pathetic and disgusting there are so many things to talk about and the forum is overflown with little rats crying over something like it is too hard, make it easier; everything in this game is broken; help support does not reply me in 3 days, i ll post 10 more tickets than...and so on and on.

 

1. Okay, pay me 200 U$D then, you'll get nothing from me, let's see if you would like that :)

2. I don't have issues within the game, my issue is that I want the access to my account back, and that requires a simple E-Mail change...

3. it takes more then 2 months?

4. I am not crying, others are

5. So if I use the search option in the forum, I can change my E-Mail address myself? Let me know where I can find that topic

I call tell that you have no issues with the game at all and just like to write stupid stuff, why do you not play the game instead of posting here?

I wish I had easy problems like: Hacker killed me, I want my gear back, or Support didn't answer in 3 days, but some people in the forum have more serious issues, and you put them all into one pot...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
symbiote
8 minutes ago, saemo93 said:

1. Okay, pay me 200 U$D then, you'll get nothing from me, let's see if you would like that :)

2. I don't have issues within the game, my issue is that I want the access to my account back, and that requires a simple E-Mail change...

3. it takes more then 2 months?

4. I am not crying, others are

5. So if I use the search option in the forum, I can change my E-Mail address myself? Let me know where I can find that topic

I call tell that you have no issues with the game at all and just like to write stupid stuff, why do you not play the game instead of posting here?

I wish I had easy problems like: Hacker killed me, I want my gear back, or Support didn't answer in 3 days, but some people in the forum have more serious issues, and you put them all into one pot...

Are you delusional? What is wrong with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sabreside
1 hour ago, symbiote said:

  So? How it is every ones problem or BSG problem if one does not know what he is doing (buying a product without reading or familiarizing with it)?

Your example about support response can't be an argument. Each company is different, and you shouldn't expect that everyone would have same amount of employees, business models, game size/complexity/stage is different and so on. BSG is a small company, and it just can't handle hundreds of thousands of request in 24 hours. And specially when angry kids are just spamming support with arbitrary descriptions or same tickets...

Have a problem? Try searching forum, can't find it? Report it to BSG, and that's it. Wait.

And this topic is not about people who have a problem and asking in a forum, but about those who overflows it with subjective reality, angry and sexually frustrated feelings like mentioned above. These things lead nowhere.

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions, there is no need to blame everyone and curse the game. Learn to read TOS, inspect what are you buying. And expect bugs in BETA stage of game.

peace out.

Clearly you know nothing about business or have never owned your own business. Customer service is often times more important than the product itself. Its what stands out between competitors in everything. People pay me more money to do what others do a lot cheaper. However because my customer service is better than everyone else, people are willing to pay more, people are willing to even accept mistakes that can be made. This same mentality  includes gaming as well.  A game can grow or die because of customer services. If a new player is probing a game to play for their clan/guild/corp ect ect and have and issue that is not resolved they might not buy into it, they might pass it by.  As far as everyone's problem, I don't follow or you simple read too deeply into what I said.  If my employee does not respond to a customer within 24 hours they can get written up or even let go.  Grow up and take responsibility for your actions? Asking for help in a forum is a responsible thing to do before putting them on blast on Facebook, redit, ect ect.  As far as expecting beta stage of a game again it comes down to levels of acceptance. Do we accept bugs? Yes. Do we accept crashes? Yes.  However we expect a response if we pay for a product and cant use it. Period.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
symbiote
9 minutes ago, Sabreside said:

Clearly you know nothing about business or have never owned your own business. Customer service is often times more important than the product itself. Its what stands out between competitors in everything. People pay me more money to do what others do a lot cheaper. However because my customer service is better than everyone else, people are willing to pay more, people are willing to even accept mistakes that can be made. This same mentality  includes gaming as well.  A game can grow or die because of customer services. If a new player is probing a game to play for their clan/guild/corp ect ect and have and issue that is not resolved they might not buy into it, they might pass it by.  As far as everyone's problem, I don't follow or you simple read too deeply into what I said.  If my employee does not respond to a customer within 24 hours they can get written up or even let go.  Grow up and take responsibility for your actions? Asking for help in a forum is a responsible thing to do before putting them on blast on Facebook, redit, ect ect.  As far as expecting beta stage of a game again it comes down to levels of acceptance. Do we accept bugs? Yes. Do we accept crashes? Yes.  However we expect a response if we pay for a product and cant use it. Period.

TL;DR; Another one crybaby? Did you read the topic? Do you understand what is a capability? Clearly you suck at your "business". Do the simple 8th grade math. This is not a topic about your understanding of business. 

" Grow up and take responsibility for your actions" - the thing you write is not what it was meant by this, clearly you suck at math and reading.

And this game will not die, because of a bad support rate :). Sure some pople experience real technical problems with game, and they are denied of that help because of a likes like you who waste every ones times with rubbish.

And before replying, go first read what about this topic is, then contemplate for 24 hours and reply.

Edited by symbiote
  • Cold 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2