Sign in to follow this  
Flazzle

I can't play solo because I get jumpscared and die

Flazzle

https://youtu.be/-87Mgtrn38k

What happens here is very common for me. I jumped because I got shot at, I accidently bumped the right mouse button and scoped in, and when I tried to run forward my fingers were on the wrong keys so I just leaned to the side and killed myself because of it.

EVERY. ducking. TIME. Every single time this happen when I play solo. It's just impossible for me seemingly, no matter what I do i'm so ducking terrified of jumpscares i'm on the edge of my seat the entire time, and when i'm shot at I stand still leaning like a ducking retard because I can't press the buttons I want to. Seriously is there any way to get over this?

thekryptkeeper

I feel the jumpscares.

I feel them more when my whole house goes to bed and i'm soloing interchange at 2 AM.

Flazzle
Just now, thekryptkeeper said:

I feel the jumpscares.

I feel them more when my whole house goes to bed and i'm soloing interchange at 2 AM.

In real life I don't mind because if you get jump scared you don't lose function of your body. But all it takes here is for your hands to move a tiny bit and now all of a sudden you're pressing the wrong buttons and die because of it.

Grimm285
59 minutes ago, Flazzle said:

https://youtu.be/-87Mgtrn38k

What happens here is very common for me. I jumped because I got shot at, I accidently bumped the right mouse button and scoped in, and when I tried to run forward my fingers were on the wrong keys so I just leaned to the side and killed myself because of it.

EVERY. ducking. TIME. Every single time this happen when I play solo. It's just impossible for me seemingly, no matter what I do i'm so ducking terrified of jumpscares i'm on the edge of my seat the entire time, and when i'm shot at I stand still leaning like a ducking retard because I can't press the buttons I want to. Seriously is there any way to get over this?

im assuming you are new to tactical shooters and i will tell you, no not really.  It even happens to people that play all the time or sometimes you will do it to people some of my funniest deaths have been me not expecting someone and im sure they could visibly see my character freak out looking every direction before dying.  The best way to not move like that when taking shots is be aware of your surroundings, there you got shot in the back but if you knew people were fighting there be prepared people could be anywhere around you or farther in the map above you.  If you are solo you should play slow so you are the person getting the jump on them, dont rush gun fights and try to come from angles that people would expect less.  Team play is really fun in this game but i feel i play my best when i am solo.  And remember camping is a sound strategy in this game especially while solo (except exit camping those guys all deserve a bullet)

• Hot 1

Rekonsile
3 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

im assuming you are new to tactical shooters and i will tell you, no not really.  It even happens to people that play all the time or sometimes you will do it to people some of my funniest deaths have been me not expecting someone and im sure they could visibly see my character freak out looking every direction before dying.  The best way to not move like that when taking shots is be aware of your surroundings, there you got shot in the back but if you knew people were fighting there be prepared people could be anywhere around you or farther in the map above you.  If you are solo you should play slow so you are the person getting the jump on them, dont rush gun fights and try to come from angles that people would expect less.  Team play is really fun in this game but i feel i play my best when i am solo.  And remember camping is a sound strategy in this game especially while solo (except exit camping those guys all deserve a bullet)

i agree solo is much more fun and its easier for me atleast to control my enemys movement with out worrying about my teammates and if im going to kill them due ot lack of communication. Team play can be fun as well but you reall yhave to play with people alot for it to work.

• Upvote 1

Flazzle
1 hour ago, Grimm285 said:

Definitely not new to tactical shooters, played over 3000 hours in Arma and Squad. Never had this happen before though, it's just tarkov. Then again, those aren't solo games. I only play them with a team, and when I play with a team in tarkov it doesn't happen either. Seems to be that when i'm solo there isn't any noise at all and i'm super focused. 

Dogpunter

I feel this, my wife has thrown many objects at me.

gamefinger

I feel your pain fellow player..^^

Don't give up yet, most of the times i get caught in that kind of situation.. It's my own fault.

do not rush, do not run. Plan your route and get to know terrain and places.

LoginTaken

I get jumpy watching others play.

I have had panic attacks playing games like this.

Hell thought I was having a stroke in several instances.

Just gotta be in the right frame of mind to play a game like this.

Personally the stress comes from doing these poo quest that cost a ridiculous amount of money to attempt.

I have literally stopped playing in the last week. Gotta start a 12 hour shift soon. I will not have time, nor the mental energies for a game so underdeveloped and stressful.

A game is not enjoyable when you resort to cussing, yelling and shaking.

A person can accept thing outside their control, but when its outside the realm in which they function, its damaging.

^ Crashes, DC, Hackers etc.

Gana wait till the next wipe/major update.

TUALMASOK

I don't think the jumpscares go away, ever. I've been getting them since 1984.

Darksys0815

Thats Tarkov. I have this on the most raids...yesterday: scav run on shoreline late evening. getting dark. Spawn at road to customs...steps right from me, see a scav? player?...own a sawed-off mosin. shoot him > he goes down> get his ak. run to the hidden stashes...run to gas station, sitting in a bush to check the situation. suddenly i hear rustle behind me. panic > i was scared as duck. how could somebody get behind me without i hear him? see nothing, but hear him...shoot the bush and hear a yell. switch to full auto and kill the bush :D pmc player inside. loot him fast, run away. forgot to pick up the backpack. run back...going to pier, loot a old book, gold chain, much cash and more cool stuff...kill scav at lighthouse and exit...i need to smoke after that. this was a 17 minutes run with good loot and 3 kills. pure adrenalin because the bush guy...shaking hands included....awsome. the only thing i was thinking the whole time after this kill...there is always one more. but i was lucky and there was nobody. 

After exit i see he own a saiga shotgun, silenced with sniper scope ps01? including slugs. no idea what he would do with this thing on this map...he was level 36. and yes it was a pmc, no scav player.

Edited by Darksys0815