Sign in to follow this  
GGSven

Extract campers (ambushers?) with half a minute left

GGSven

Today for the 3th time in 1 week i've had the pleasure of meeting extract campers with half a minute left. Why is this a thing and whats the point? My last game on interchange as a scav I just met 2 people ambushing (camping) from a distance behind cover. They could have easily made the extract had they moved for it. Since I saw them I chose to wait and let them extract first cuz I couldnt take on 2 people with my gear and I was sure they would extract, cuz thats the point right? You extract at the end? They however chose to stay and hold angles aiming at the extract and not moving at all. They clearly did not seem to care at all about extracting. I even saw another body laying on the ground who clearly also tried to extract, but was not given the pleasure of extracting with his hard earned loot. After half a minute went by and I had no time left I just chose to run towards the extract cuz what else can I do? Its over otherwise either way when the timer runs out. Then I died with them running at me, and while I died I could even hear them running at me instead of the extract with the timer hitting 15 seconds. Why is this a thing? Is my timer just super bugged and there is more time left? 

Also incase people ask and say just extract faster. Thats not always an option with some of the most insane scav timers you get. I started the game with 10 min left in the middle of interchange and just ran towards the exit. I got a labs keycard so I thought, well at least I get something for my time if I move towards the exit now. 

Edited by GGSven

notprae

Sometimes people are just bored and get a kick out of making other people miserable. Griefers like this exist in almost every multiplayer game.

KhemBlack
vor 11 Minuten schrieb GGSven:

Is my timer just super bugged and there is more time left?

even if the timer is on zero there is some time left to extract. it is not like, timer is on zero and the screen goes black.

MrSmellybeard

I'm not 100% sure everybody has the same extract timers. I've had this happen to me too and not get my stuff back on insurance.

Having said that, I have boxed people deliberately out of the exit in the past. This is because I was playing with a buddy and we lost a firefight. He got his stuff looted but I kept the guy out of the exit long enough to make sure that his stuff came back on insurance.

It seemed like the safest play :)

1 minute ago, KhemBlack said:

even if the timer is on zero there is some time left to extract. it is not like, timer is on zero and the screen goes black.

Actually this is what happens. My brother died on a scav run because he didn't get into the exit in time... by like 1 second.

KhemBlack
vor 2 Minuten schrieb MrSmellybeard:

Actually this is what happens. My brother died on a scav run because he didn't get into the exit in time... by like 1 second.

hmm i had this situation two times. timer was on zero, i would say 20 seconds before the exit, and i was still able to exit.

Xisted

blame it on the devs for putting scavs in games with not enough time to loot.  the only option is to camp and killl some one that did have time to loot

vincentek9

I don't camp exfils at all or anything, but here are my estimations as to why people may camp exfils;

1. XP.  getting kills = XP (only relavant to PMC I think as kills when you play scav doesnt transfer xp to your PMC, but i may be wrong). what better way for a low life to get XP than you camp a spot where there is 99% chance of getting a potential kill.

2. Insurance for their friend.  Friend dies and gets looted.  The campers try to make sure anybody who looted does not get away with the friend's gear.

3. To troll players.  Scavs MUST exfil to get ANY loot.  PMC has the insurance option.  maybe the 2 guys were PMC who were fully insured.  They'll stay the entire map time to camp exfils.  when timer runs super low, maybe they dump all of their gear on the ground so that insurance goes into effect and they know they'll get it back later.  This sounds a bit dumb as it can get expensive to constantly insure and then wait for hours/days to get your stuff back, but if they have tons of money then they don't care.  there is also added cost of maintaining your energy/hydration because i've died from dehydration on Shoreline trying to run the clock down for an attempt of the exfil being a bit safer.

why a scav player would camp the entire time.... I cant think of a reason.

MrSmellybeard

I will say this... I was exiting on factory with my buddy's gear earlier today and there were two low level PMCs who had set up shop in the exfil. I did a quick peek and saw them, so I knew what was up. Fortunately, I had picked up 4 grenades from other PMCs I had killed earlier, so I just chucked 'em all in there. When I peeked again, there were two bodies right there for me :D

Of course, they didn't really have anything... which means they waited 19 minutes to get blown up. Dedication?

Caspertoo

Guy named Thankyounext just exit camp killed me on interchange, me and a few buddies were leaving via emercom and he got all three of us.  I truly hope he has to endure some minimum wage job for the rest of his life.  

LoginTaken
On 2/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, notprae said:

Sometimes people are just bored and get a kick out of making other people miserable. Griefers like this exist in almost every multiplayer game.

There is a special hell for griefers.

Its a empty space with a very fancy well designed game system with every game installed, with the best internet.

Stuck in a infinite loading animation.

No matter how often they restart, reset, uninstall, reinstall, patch, update or wait.

It will forever load.

Just a endless loading symbol.

Never ending silence.

Never ending misery.

• Upvote 1