Sign in to follow this  
CrizzlyBear122

"You are here" on maps please

CrizzlyBear122

Not knowing where I am at all times makes the game super unenjoyable, really it's the only thing keeping me from playing. I've done 3 raids and every time I die to the time limit because I have no ducking clue where I am. I get you're supposed to learn the maps but there are like 10 and all of them seem to be pretty big and you need to learn them like the back of your hand so you can get to specific exfil spots, it's just super super unfriendly to new players and it really just makes me want to just uninstall the game and forget I bought it. Even after like 100 raids I doubt I'll be able to do a whole raid without being lost, I have played over 200 hours of Rainbow Six Siege and there are still a handful of maps I get lost in, I'm just not good at remembering maps (If I can't remember the layout of like a 3 story building that really isn't that big how am I supposed to remember like a 5 mile stretch of road and some big like industrial district? I feel like you have to be autistic to make your way around in this game it's insane). All this game needs is just like usable maps and I would definitely enjoy it, devs if you're reading this please add this feature. You don't even need to show key spawns or exfil spots all I want is to know where the hell I am. I know I can look up maps online that show me the names of everything and where to extract but when everything is just like a pile of rubble and a few cars I can never figure out where I am and even if I can I get lost again after a few minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Shuiy

How do you get lost in rainbow six siege? Those maps are as small as CoD maps.

You're not going to get minimap type maps. a GPS will be the closest thing if that even gets added which would already be completely unnecessary.

Edited by Shuiy

Xarc

@CrizzlyBear122 When you are "deployed" on an unknown area with just a map no one will tell you where you are. You just have to figure it out where you are by inspecting the surroundings and looking at that map. They will add compass as far as I know in the future.

The game (because it's a game) gives you the opportunity to repeat it (in offline mode) until you are aware of the map layout.

• Hot 1

Grimm285

They are adding a compass so you can give bearings on call outs, eventually 

Thormato

200k people are autistic because a person on the forum cant remember maps, Amazing

Shuiy
4 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

They are adding a compass so you can give bearings on call outs, eventually 

I honestly don't think that a compass is going to help this guy out kekw

CrizzlyBear122
2 minutes ago, Shuiy said:

I honestly don't think that a compass is going to help this guy out kekw

If I need to go East and there's something showing me which way East is yeah I think that would help literally anybody

CreamyCowboy

Doesnt take long to learn the maps. Once you figure out where you spawned, it's easy. Play offline, run around the maps for awhile. Use another monitor or your phone to have the map pulled up. Eventually you won't even need the map.

The maps arent even that big. Now if it were the size of like DayZ, then yeah. But the maps feel a lot smaller when you actually learn it.

Edited by CreamyCowboy

Rekonsile
1 hour ago, CrizzlyBear122 said:

Not knowing where I am at all times makes the game super unenjoyable, really it's the only thing keeping me from playing. I've done 3 raids and every time I die to the time limit because I have no ducking clue where I am. I get you're supposed to learn the maps but there are like 10 and all of them seem to be pretty big and you need to learn them like the back of your hand so you can get to specific exfil spots, it's just super super unfriendly to new players and it really just makes me want to just uninstall the game and forget I bought it. Even after like 100 raids I doubt I'll be able to do a whole raid without being lost, I have played over 200 hours of Rainbow Six Siege and there are still a handful of maps I get lost in, I'm just not good at remembering maps (If I can't remember the layout of like a 3 story building that really isn't that big how am I supposed to remember like a 5 mile stretch of road and some big like industrial district? I feel like you have to be autistic to make your way around in this game it's insane). All this game needs is just like usable maps and I would definitely enjoy it, devs if you're reading this please add this feature. You don't even need to show key spawns or exfil spots all I want is to know where the hell I am. I know I can look up maps online that show me the names of everything and where to extract but when everything is just like a pile of rubble and a few cars I can never figure out where I am and even if I can I get lost again after a few minutes.

here are the maps with all extracts and all info you need to be amazing at tarkov.... https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Map_of_Tarkov this is like a guide for even the veteran players since it is always updating with every patch. i suggest you take time to look over all the interesting and cool info so you wont have to come on the forums to cry about dumb stuff any more. Cheers

Zybane

I wonder if this guy realizes there wasn't GPS points on maps to use for the entirety of human history less the last 15 years...

Somehow people survived without Google Maps. 

xili84

Why dont you just look at the wiki map and run around in offline mode? thats how I learned landmarks and know north from south and west from east in a matter of a second when I spawn.

Is the game brutal for beginners that dont check wiki maps ... yes absolutely. but if you really want to stay immersed, then there are ingame maps you can buy from the traders to get an idea of landmarks.

CrizzlyBear122
12 hours ago, Zybane said:

I wonder if this guy realizes there wasn't GPS points on maps to use for the entirety of human history less the last 15 years...

Somehow people survived without Google Maps. 

Are you aware this is a video game like??

zieft
5 hours ago, CrizzlyBear122 said:

Are you aware this is a video game like?

Are you aware that this is a HAEDCORE video game like?

ContinuitySR

it takes time to learn, if your not enjoying it, choose one map and play if offline or online with a pistol until you get your bearings.

I sometimes still get turned around on interchange...