Sign in to follow this  
Hentaigod69

One of the main reasons why this game is terrible in it's current form.

Hentaigod69

Has anybody ever come across the connection lost bug? If you have then you most likely know what I am about to say. The connection lost bug is, in my opinion, one of the main annoyances that make this game complete dog poo. The servers are so dirty and broken that you lose the game before you ever enter the match. The worst part about this bug is that THIS BUG IS COMMON AND VERY FREQUENT! It doesn't just happen to you once or twice, IT KEEPS ON HAPPENING. The game is fun but in no way is it a good game. As I am typing this, I am trying so desperately to hang on to the very valuable loot that I brought into the raid. Somebody must take the time to look into getting this bug fixed. Also, my internet is very fast and connects very well.

• Thanks 1

Hentaigod69

Update: I had to give up. I just had to face the fact that my equipment is gone. I had over 400,000 worth of gear. 

blake213

Im having this same issue for the first time today. What the duck is going on? I am loading into raids with over 100k roubles worth of ammo alone so when this happens I am easily losing 500k roubles. It is always something with this game sadly. The devs are cheap as #$%@ I guess.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Hentaigod69

Update 2: I need to be more clear for people who may not have come across this issue/bug. You may be thinking that you can just rejoin the game that you lost connection to. The problem with rejoining the game is that after a few seconds of being in the game, you get kicked out again. This happens over and over again and you are forced to come to the fact that you are going to lose everything you joined with.

Bundybear

Yes I'm getting this atm and hope it's just for this raid and not a bug that makes me restart my character. I have work hard to lvl up my base and character. If I have to restart that will be the end until next wipe (if I even come back to this mess they call a game)

magoobly

Just got this game and it's literally an unplayable pile of dogshit. Disconnect within 2 minutes of start every time. Waste of 50 dollars i guess XD

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Bundybear
39 minutes ago, magoobly said:

Just got this game and it's literally an unplayable pile of dogshit. Disconnect within 2 minutes of start every time. Waste of 50 dollars i guess XD

I am trying to warn people on social media. They can't keep up with the influx of new players after paying top streamers to promote the game and yet they are having a sale to get more people into the game they can not play.

• Upvote 1

Mycelium

Most of the community is really upset about the influx on whiners joining a beta based on streamer's high end rigs performing well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Neo-Rio

The game has promise, but honestly.... if I have to wait over 5 minutes to even get into a match, only to be spawn killed within even less time - the game is a hot mess. There's just too much waiting around.

Let's just say that casual gamers need not apply. The game needs a proper tutorial that walks you through it's mechanics because you end up losing heaps of gear until you figure out you don't need to play with your main character.

TheKillerSmalls

I have only ever disconnected once and was able to immediately rejoin. Matchmaking is easily under 2 minutes every round. The only issue I have is ping. Sometimes and rarely I might add, the ping in a match jumps up into the 600s. Nope fanboys, not my connection as you can tell by the fact I've only ever disconnected once. When ping is this high the game is unplayable. This and the fact that hacks are absolutely EVERYWHERE for this game. I mean doodz I've never seen as many readily available cheats for public use in ANY other game. These guys arent even discreet. Just remember fellas, ESP and aimbot are a thing and I havent seen any play from the devs or mods that say they give any bothers.

masman00001

this happened to me like 3 times this week every 10 seconds after rejoining it just kicks you out ya i lost like 3mil atleast already another shitty bug is the game kept crashing for me and 2 of my buddies on interchange no error or anything just legit game crashed tried loading up again crashed again for all 3 of us lol games gotten way better but still a beta so you have to take it with a grain of salt 

NotSoNew

the real problem is BSG fails to ever fix anything in the game its been 3 years and we still have lag and huge netcode problems, The sound is still broken and even the scopes are broken.

But yay we got a new map for people to hatchet on or camp with thermals which does not push for good pvp so another win for bsg. I honestly see this game heading down the same road that dayz went just forever in beta and the main problems never fixed

• Upvote 1

ContinuitySR
11 hours ago, Hentaigod69 said:

Update 2: I need to be more clear for people who may not have come across this issue/bug. You may be thinking that you can just rejoin the game that you lost connection to. The problem with rejoining the game is that after a few seconds of being in the game, you get kicked out again. This happens over and over again and you are forced to come to the fact that you are going to lose everything you joined with.

Strange, i have had this happen and have eventually given up and clicked the disconnect after about 10 mins of trying, thinking oh well that's all gone. Then i logged out and back in and all my stuff was back in my stash.

I wonder if there are a couple of failure states.

With regards to server issues, I wonder if the issue is always with the game servers or sometimes with the upstream connections.

• Like 1

Hentaigod69

Next time this bug happens, I'm gonna try logging in and out and see if my stuff is in my stash. You would expect the servers on a multiplayer focused game to be good and uphold itself with a lot of players but no the servers are so bad it makes me cringe. Even the fact that a lot of times it can take over 5-10 minutes to connect to a server.

snakeoil

I'm going to suggest something that worked for me, heard it from a few people doing some research. I've had this issue in spades, plus stuttering, and connectivity issues client side.

Supposedly, every patch if you just completely uninstall Tarkov, then do a fresh install, everything just works smoothly. Dunno why, but so far its worked for me.

Muckilein

The Problem with disconnects is maybe your ISP internet service provider. The Providers with KAbel Internet over the TV Box makes great problems in germany because of shared IPs. Anticheat cant handle this und the Servers seems also have probblems with that. 

There ist 1 IP but 3 Players are connectet with this IP then there will be a great problem with a stable connection to the game.

Sorry for my bad englisch.

Hentaigod69
2 hours ago, Muckilein said:

The Problem with disconnects is maybe your ISP internet service provider. The Providers with KAbel Internet over the TV Box makes great problems in germany because of shared IPs. Anticheat cant handle this und the Servers seems also have probblems with that. 

There ist 1 IP but 3 Players are connectet with this IP then there will be a great problem with a stable connection to the game.

Sorry for my bad englisch.

I already said that my internet is amazing. If my internet was bad then why do all of my other games run without being disconnected all of the time? 

2 hours ago, snakeoil said:

I'm going to suggest something that worked for me, heard it from a few people doing some research. I've had this issue in spades, plus stuttering, and connectivity issues client side.

Supposedly, every patch if you just completely uninstall Tarkov, then do a fresh install, everything just works smoothly. Dunno why, but so far its worked for me.

Interesting. Do you know when the last patch was?

traumacode

These servers have been absolute poo lately.  I thought I was just unlucky the few times I get an hour to hop on and play...but it's consistently been disconnect after disconnect or not even able to log into the game.  With all the money this game has raked in since the new year, you'd think servers would be top priority by now.

snakeoil
2 hours ago, Hentaigod69 said:

I already said that my internet is amazing. If my internet was bad then why do all of my other games run without being disconnected all of the time? 

Interesting. Do you know when the last patch was?

The last major patch & wipe (0.12) was on October 10th, 2019.
The last minor patch was February 19th, so last Wednesday.

Now, I'm not sure if you should do a fresh install every major patch, like 0.12, or every minor, as well as major patch. But either way, if you cant solve your problems, I'd definitely try doing a fresh install. I hadn't reinstalled the game since a year and a half ago, only updated. Was having tons of issues, but I recently re-installed after the last minor patch, and I was surprised to see how smooth the game ran.
When I uninstalled, I made sure the EFTlive folder was gone, and I did a quick registry clean of all missing tarkov registry entries (don't recommend this if you're not comfortable with messing with your registry).
Let me know what you end up doing, I really hope this helps you like it helped me.

Edited by snakeoil

dankatron

Everyone recommending reinstall and/or bug fixes are mistaken.

This problem exists solely on BSG's (lack) of sufficient server capacity.

Sit back, wait for them to use some of these cash flow to actually increase capacity, or observe as this beautiful ponzi collapses.

Welcome to Tarkov

Tr1ppLeSek
20 hours ago, Hentaigod69 said:

Yup, i have had this happen in multiple games the past week.  Its extremely frustrating when you have over 500K in gear and items.  But hey, they might give us another million roubles for our over 1 million in losses from disconnects. 😑

shiroturtle

Unfortunately I got disconnected as well :/ In my experience of this, I no longer have gear fear

Hentaigod69
57 minutes ago, shiroturtle said:

Unfortunately I got disconnected as well :/ In my experience of this, I no longer have gear fear

Well at least you got something good out of this experience. I got rid of my gear fear by just going broke as duck lol. I mean I die a lot anyways so why not just die with all of my good stuff. I also sold almost all of my stuff.

Hentaigod69
19 hours ago, Neo-Rio said:

The game has promise, but honestly.... if I have to wait over 5 minutes to even get into a match, only to be spawn killed within even less time - the game is a hot mess. There's just too much waiting around.

Let's just say that casual gamers need not apply. The game needs a proper tutorial that walks you through it's mechanics because you end up losing heaps of gear until you figure out you don't need to play with your main character.

This game has the same appeal that keeps me going as Dayz has. This game has a good economic and loot system that makes you want to get more out of the game. Even though I die and lose everything every time I play, I still come back for more. I want to get geared back up again. Unfortunately this game fails hard right now mainly in terms of connectivity problems.

1 hour ago, Tr1ppLeSek said:

Yup, i have had this happen in multiple games the past week.  Its extremely frustrating when you have over 500K in gear and items.  But hey, they might give us another million roubles for our over 1 million in losses from disconnects. 😑

It would be nice if they compensated us after the next wipe.

Hentaigod69

Main Update 3: People who are trying to uninstall and reinstall their games and launchers, don't bother. This doesn't work and you will have just waited precious time that you could have used doing a shitty hatchet run on reserve. Especially today the servers are really bad and the game just stopped working all together earlier.

2 hours ago, dankatron said:

Everyone recommending reinstall and/or bug fixes are mistaken.

This problem exists solely on BSG's (lack) of sufficient server capacity.

Sit back, wait for them to use some of these cash flow to actually increase capacity, or observe as this beautiful ponzi collapses.

Welcome to Tarkov

Edited by Hentaigod69