Sign in to follow this  
jacobie

Why are there so many underage players?

jacobie

I havn't being playing for very long. But i have noticed a large percentage of alpha players are very young even though it says over 17 to buy the game and more to the point over 18 to sign the NDA. Does this not mean that a very large portion of alpha testers are technically in breach of the NDA. I have no issue with it, it just seems odd from a legal perspective.

Cosantoir

As a matter of interest how can you tell how old they are?

jacobie

When they have high pitched voices usually associated with someone in their pre-teens. As most people call them in the gaming world, "Squeakers". Although there are are very rare exceptions most peoples voices start to break at around 12, and I have never met an 18+ year old who sounds like this, this goes in hand with the way they talk from a maturity standpoint. But as i said there are rare exceptions but to assume that all of these people playing are 18 year old's with squeaker voices is a bit far fetched. Obviously there are others that sound like they are 30 when they are 15. 

You can never tell and exact age but through VON you can generally assume if someone is a child or an adult.

glumnut
16 hours ago, jacobie said:

I havn't being playing for very long. But i have noticed a large percentage of alpha players are very young even though it says over 17 to buy the game and more to the point over 18 to sign the NDA. Does this not mean that a very large portion of alpha testers are technically in breach of the NDA. I have no issue with it, it just seems odd from a legal perspective.

most parents today don´t give a poo what their kids are playing these days , thats why we have so many squeakers in games like this but it is def a immersion killer imo,  most of the time they are the child they are but there are a few mature one´s doe but its rare

Cosantoir
13 minutes ago, jacobie said:

When they have high pitched voices usually associated with someone in their pre-teens. As most people call them in the gaming world, "Squeakers". Although there are are very rare exceptions most peoples voices start to break at around 12, and I have never met an 18+ year old who sounds like this, this goes in hand with the way they talk from a maturity standpoint. But as i said there are rare exceptions but to assume that all of these people playing are 18 year old's with squeaker voices is a bit far fetched. Obviously there are others that sound like they are 30 when they are 15. 

You can never tell and exact age but through VON you can generally assume if someone is a child or an adult.

Playing since August maybe I've met 1 kid. Have you tried the main community discord channels?

Emn

thats why you have many gampelays at YT done by kids without permission :)

Food

Age is just a number.

-Food , 99 years old

Edited by Food
  • Upvote 1

LoudHawk

From a gameplay perspective? It is bound to happen. All games have untold numbers of children running around.

From an NDA perspective? It causes a few problems. Not sure how the law is in Russia, but in the EU and US it is almost impossible to enforce a contract signed by a minor. This means that they can ban the person, sure. Though if something extreme was leaked or done to break the NDA, it would not really be possible to pursue legal action.

This is why a lot of companies require a form of ID along with the acceptance of an NDA. In order to prove you are not a minor when signing the contract.

SocialnyStrezmy
41 minutes ago, Food said:

Age is just a number.

-Food , 99 years old

Samson.PNG

• Thanks 1

LegendaryDragon

You do know you don't need be 17 to buy the game, you can buy it at the age of 7... the thing it is a recommended age for the game, which restricts shops like "Gamestop" to sell to underage kids due to the fact their guardian need approve of the permission.. :) 

Edited by LegendaryDragon

PeePole

because why be a kid and go outside to play with your friends now a days?

Rocketman1874
On 1/13/2017 at 5:45 PM, PeePole said:

because why be a kid and go outside to play with your friends now a days?

Bold of you to assume kids have friends

TuNE_ThE_SouND
On 1/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, jacobie said:

its mostly up to the parents to decide what a child can and cant play. honestly the ESRB gets overridden by parents a lot anyway. and its not a bad thing mind you.