boyboy711

Armor feeling useless now

boyboy711

to me armor seems to be feeling useless since everyone can get their hands on the right ammo now is there plans on changing the  amount of ammo that spawn or something because walking around with class 5 and 6 armor and still getting 1 shot in the thorax is really stupid. i bought that armor to do one job and that is to prevent me from dying if i would had died to being shot in the head i would be fine with because it wasn't protected. but walking and then out of nowhere one gunshot to the chest and am died is not okay and the armor i use are always at max durability and around 52 to 47 armor points. whats the point of taking armor if the only reason now is to protect you from scavs 

• Sad 2

Sir_Mossy

Weird how there's people complaining armor is OP and people complaining armor is useless. 

You're not getting one-shotted by high tier AP ammo, since there is no ammo that isn't high caliber that can one-shot you in the chest, especially if it's AP. A level 1 can buy a mosin that can one-shot you to the chest through level 5 and potentially level 6 armor, so it's nothing crazy.

Also, the game is in testing phase. Balancing isn't much of a concern right now as the purpose is to test and make sure stuff performs in a way that is functional and not OP. Quantity-based balancing won't come for quite some time.

Edited by Sir_Mossy

boyboy711

i see what you mean. but dang am tired of armor not working i seen it saved me from a full drum mag and sometimes its one shot to the chest and am died. it really does help aganst scavs but pmc they shred me in one shot 

Edited by boyboy711

boyboy711

also i know certain rounds can go thru high tier armor with the mosin but its more of the m61 and m80 ammo because the people i die have a semi auto gun and i would have class 5 and  6 armor and still get one shot and i know this because my death screen would say thorax

Grimm285

simple rule that has not changed in the two years i have played this game: 
Good ammo Always beats good armor

sackmycack

If its a high caliber ap round sometimes its just luck because when 7n37 was added I was testing it in the mosin and sometimes I would 1 shot somebody to the chest if they were wearing bad armor or the best in the game and other times it would take 3 shots. But theoretically this round shouldn't be able to one hit to the thorax either way because of how low its flesh dmg is.

Dreth

half the players in this game have like 10mil+ and are running around with modded guns with meta ammo.

Of course armor wont do poo.

Spectro887
4 hours ago, Dreth said:

half the players in this game have like 10mil+ and are running around with modded guns with meta ammo.

Of course armor wont do poo.

No, now people go around naked with a mosin and big ammo then oneshot you even if you are dressed full armor class 6. if the noobs can buy everything at the flea market from level 5 exactly what is the purpose of raising traders with quests ? before people complained because they could not get good bullets to kill those who are full geared, now they complain because everyone can take everything they want from the flea making it completely useless to go up with traders ....

boyboy711

i do get that certain rounds have better pen and stuff am just saying that everyone uses them because there is alot of the rounds on the flea market and it is easy to get and its really annoying

Bundybear

Just 1 tapped a poor guy that had 100% Team Wendy EXFIL Ballistic Helmet in the head with AK-74M ( Igolnik ammo ) from 25m away. Go loot him and helmet is 100% Armor and Helmets only work is you are lucky.

skyflashde
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Spectro887:

No, now people go around naked with a mosin and big ammo then oneshot you even if you are dressed full armor class 6. if the noobs can buy everything at the flea market from level 5 exactly what is the purpose of raising traders with quests

Yeah,  how is it even possible that in this PvP game the damn noobs even have a chance of killing me? They are just there to die to my amusement.

Wait until we get real realism in this game, and ANY bullet (even pistols) that goes straight into your AC 6 armor will dazzle you between 5-30 seconds and cause massive concussion and pain, so you cant even shoot back. Because.. thats what its like in real life.

Armor is WAY too OP in this game and will have to be brought down to a more realistic simulation of real world.

Hey, here is it from someone that actually got shot ;)

"Originally Answered: How does it feel to be shot with a bulletproof vest on?

Like a ducking truck got shrunk by any man down to the size of duck that's tiny and was pushed into your chest by the hulk God as in God in hulk mode its sucks and your still gonna bleed cause unless your wearing a super expensive vest."

----------------------------------------------

a friend who was LEO and was shot with a 44 Magnum at close range and while his vest did stop the bullet it didn’t keep him from having bone cracked and bruising - at the time it also incapacitated him for a short time due to the shock to his system.

---------------------------------------------

From personal experience ( 30-06, at about 100 metres), wearing a plate that was designed to stop it, massive chest bruising, 3 broken ribs and a cracked sternum .

Edited by skyflashde

Spectro887
12 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Yeah,  how is it even possible that in this PvP game the damn noobs even have a chance of killing me? They are just there to die to my amusement.

Wait until we get real realism in this game, and ANY bullet (even pistols) that goes straight into your AC 6 armor will dazzle you between 5-30 seconds and cause massive concussion and pain, so you cant even shoot back. Because.. thats what its like in real life.

Armor is WAY too OP in this game and will have to be brought down to a more realistic simulation of real world.

Look, I totally agree with this, it was for me I would make people die with a maximum of 3 shots regardless of the bullet used ... but then people would complain because people like to masturbate on realism brought to the extreme .... but now as now the game is marked like this, so if I use an armor liv 6 and a helmet liv 6 it is a bit frustrating to be killed with a single bullet at the thorax or top of the head, maybe with poo ammo as well.

Edited by Spectro887

skyflashde
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Spectro887:

Look, I totally agree with this, it was for me I would make people die with a maximum of 3 shots regardless of the bullet used ... but then people would complain because people like to masturbate on realism brought to the extreme .... but now as now the game is marked like this, so if I use an armor liv 6 and a helmet liv 6 it is a bit frustrating to be killed with a single bullet at the thorax or top of the head, maybe with poo ammo as well.

The problem is, how do you know the bullet did not go through your throat? Or came from the side and went through your arm into your body? Or you got shot through the hip and it hit your spine?

Thorax can pretty much mean ANYTHING and head could be a protected part or a not protected part.

Armor and helmets just arent that good in reality, there are so many holes where a bullet can still instantly kill you.

CoreHit

My experience is that i had such problems on EU Server on other Armor works fine even if he has high tier ammo.

maybe its dsync or what ever that bypass armor.

ofc high tier ammo goes easy trough high tier armor.

skyflashde

I really want this to happen in the game:

Guy that was shot with 7.62x51 (so probably best armor there is):

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(I do not know what it feels like to get shot with a pistol. My experiences were with a 7.62x39/7.62x51 only)

It feels like someone hit you in the chest with a baseball bat. Knockes the wind clean out of you and your vision begins to blur or go completely out. In the case of the 7.62x51 three of my ribs were also broken. All in all, not a pleasant experience, but I’m not dead so that’s a plus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectro887
7 minutes ago, CoreHit said:

My experience is that i had such problems on EU Server on other Armor works fine even if he has high tier ammo.

maybe its dsync or what ever that bypass armor.

ofc high tier ammo goes easy trough high tier armor.

So this was not just my feeling? I often play on US server because the team I play with all of them are on usa and I noticed that the EU servers are full of desync and people who lagging very badly ... while more or less everything on the USA servers is almost normal...mmmmm.

Edited by Spectro887

CoreHit
vor 1 Minute schrieb Spectro887:

So this was not just my feeling? I often play on US server because the team I play with all of them are on usa and I noticed that the EU servers are full of desync and people who lagging very badly ... while more or less everything on the USA servers is almost normal...mmmmm.

i dont have visible dsync on eu servers but its weird i get magicly one tap in thorax or top of head with no armor dmg.

its not true that you can shoot on exposed body parts if your armor protects it! as example i shoot from the side on exposed thorax the dmg has to be absorbed or lowered by armor. there are enough videos where the system get explained.(as exapmle pestily)

skyflashde
Gerade eben schrieb CoreHit:

i dont have visible dsync on eu servers but its weird i get magicly one tap in thorax or top of head with no armor dmg.

its not true that you can shoot on exposed body parts if your armor protects it! as example i shoot from the side on exposed thorax the dmg has to be absorbed or lowered by armor. there are enough videos where the system get explained.(as exapmle pestily)

We were talking about how it should be. Not what it is now.

Spectro887
9 minutes ago, CoreHit said:

i get magicly one tap in thorax or top of head with no armor dmg.

And the same thing happens to me in the same way .... I'm starting to ask, could it be armor bug returned or simply that it has never been fixed? from now end of each raid I will make sure to re-equip my armor and I will try to see what happens.

Edited by Spectro887

notprae

I think part of the issue with armor is that weapons are just way too accurate in this game especially at range. I don't know anybody that can stand up while supporting a long rifle and accurately hit faces from 100+ meters. Especially not these random military contractors. Maybe green berets or navy seals and even then I doubt it. They almost always need to be mounted or laying down.

I think weapons need to sway a little bit more when standing, and even holding breath should still sway a bit or not last anywhere near as long. Otherwise it seems like the only armor that matters is a face shield.

vincentek9

Good cover is the best armor that I've ever had. Armor has only saved me from low end ammo and pistol runners.

caldrin

it got to a point yesterday where I was just getting one shot all the time I just stopped taking any armour as yeah its basically useless haha... Actually ended up doing better without it anyway haha

moses06

There's definitely a balancing issue with the armor/ammo/fleamarket. Right now it's objectively true that armor is mostly useless, it's one of the reasons you see so many hatchet/pistol only players. Why spend money on armor that ultimately will only save you from newbies and scavs....sometimes?

Armor needs to be better than the ammo. If you provide ammo rounds in the game that can easily go through even the best armor, there's nowhere left to go to balance your game. If you provide very strong armor that even the best ammo has difficulty going through, you can now fine tune the armor so that 6, or 9 or whatever other number of rounds you wish is now required. You can't fine tune 2 or less, you have nowhere to go. And there are many ammo rounds in the game that require 2 or less shots against even the best armor.

Awareness, aim, stealth etc all kind of go out the window if your intended target can 180 and one tap you if they're using the proper ammo. There's a large variety of different armors and ammo being used in each raid, but in the end the player with the best ammo will almost always win. So basically, especially with the flea market, it's a pay to win (in game currency at least) game. The whole experience is cheapened because of this issue.

Strong armor will help with so many things, you'll have more time to react to and survive against bush/extraction campers and just campers in general. For solo players you'll have a greater chance of getting away from a team, it will also cause solo players to think twice about firing at a team because now they have to put more rounds into each player. This is a good thing and makes things more realistic. People often say "this game isn't COD", but with the right ammo it basically is. You can take on an entire team if your ammo is good enough and theirs isn't.

Making better ammo harder to come by won't solve anything because there's always those players who have thousands of hours in the game and therefore will have plenty of the good ammo. This will only punish the average player, making it even more difficult to compete against the high hour players. The only solution is better armor that everyone can have access to in a reasonable amount of time.

Stealth, the infinite number of places to camp in a raid, the fact that people have to go to set extraction points and set quest spots, that people can play as teams and go against solo's......all of these things are already enough of an advantage. Having ammo that can one or two shot even the most geared players shouldn't be part of that advantage, it's unnecessary and throws balance out the window.

edit: One other thing I wanted to add is better armor will more often than not reward the more skilled player, or at least the player who displayed more skill during the gunfight. If player A is using less than the best ammo, and player B is using the best ammo available, player A can land several well placed shots and die immediately if player B is spraying like  a mad man and finally gets one or two of the shots to land. Skill wasn't rewarded here, ammo type was. That scenario unfolds many times a day in this game. Spray and pray players with the best ammo are being rewarded for something they shouldn't be. If armor is buffed, now you have to land accurate shots more often, you can't just get lucky by a fluke 1-2 rounds finally hitting the target. The player who aimed better consistently will be rewarded, as they should.

Edited by moses06

Xisted

0 point in having armor. 

Yeavo
On 2/25/2020 at 4:14 AM, boyboy711 said:

to me armor seems to be feeling useless since everyone can get their hands on the right ammo now is there plans on changing the  amount of ammo that spawn or something because walking around with class 5 and 6 armor and still getting 1 shot in the thorax is really stupid. i bought that armor to do one job and that is to prevent me from dying

This is what happnes when you promote Thicc boii -meta. Everybody and their grandmom will be there buying high pen. ammo form the flea like its black friday. The game comes to its natural balance. Then people will stop using high class armors and thus everybody and their grandmoms are going to switch to cheaper and less penetrative ammo and then class 5 or 6 armors will become useful again.