Sign in to follow this  
Enragedllama

Server Connection

Enragedllama

Its been a long time since ive played Tarkov.. Decided I would give it a try with a friend again and see how its doing. We got 2 games in before we were running into 60min queues to get into matches so we gave up for a while. Came back even worse issues and not even able to deal with traders for a hour or two so we shrugged and said we'll come back too it after work. Loaded ourselves up with kit from head to two looking to make a splash on Interchange. Load in after a 3 minute queue which was fine. Walked about 10 feet towards the loading bay area and dropped from server. Attempted to reconnect 4 times, Made it another 5 or 10 feet before getting dropped again and always loaded back in at the first DC location.

Decided to take a few minutes and read up on the forums between reconnect attempts and found a thread with multiple people stating that reconnecting then hitting back will throw you back into intro screen after a while with your kit. So i followed those instructions and was met with a loading screen for roughly 25 minutes. Having decided that 25 minutes of loading was more than twice the amount of time it took me to even download and install the game, it likely needs a reboot.

So i gave'r a good ol' reboot and now all of my stuff is missing.

Really what i have left is questions: Is there any recourse for getting my kit back? Is this a common issue? If so, how often/when does it happen? Is there any possible way to revort prior to the losses without forcing an account wipe and starting fresh again? I know im not far in the game but i also dont want to keep refreshing when i lose kit or it sorta takes the point of the game away.

I really don't see a reason for continuing to play with the game in its current state, or maybe i just happened to try and play the game at the worst possible time when its having its issues... Either way, really not a good impression to be left on myself or my friends with these issues. The game is nearing 3 years of beta. To compare that timeline with other things. Its twice the length of time it takes the average newborn baby to learn to walk. Or the same amount of time to get an accelerated degree in whatever 4 year bachelors degree they want. Longer than the entire war of 1812 and nearly a full year longer than World War 1.

Enragedllama

Well, i gave the game another shot today. I did two pistol only runs. Died both times but im learning so i imagine thats fine. Decided to throw on a vest, helm, MPX and some spare mags in a tac vest. Instantly lost connection to server again and lost everything.

Enragedllama

Yet another update: So after my 4th reconnect. I spawned in surrounded by some geared, some naked PMC bodies. Not able to interact with anything. So at this point im just going to assume that there is some hack spawning us all into 1 spot and DCing us from the server to gather loot? Thus far i have yet to be able to even play the game with a vest on or a primary weapon.

Enragedllama

Well i attempted to edit a previous post with this but it stated i could no longer edit it. So new post it is i guess.

February 11, 2018

So for just over 2 years, this game has been mostly unplayable for me, maybe im just unlucky? I understand the game is in beta still, for longer than it takes a child to go from conception to preschool.. But not even being able to really test anything due to disconnects, nor is it throwing the ability to report the issue other than complaining on a forum seems a bit silly. I now see they put up a thread about an hour ago addressing people complaining about them needing more servers but what it doesnt address is a timespan for basic issues to be resolved or even how they go about resolving issues like this that you cant even report properly. With a 10-day turn-around on actual support tickets on first response which rarely every solves the problem, then you are looking at a 15-20 day issue resolve, assuming anything can actually be fixed directly through support.

TLDR; I love the game concept, but ill just have to wait for a different dev team to execute it better.