TheWay

Current backend server status (issues) and what we do about it

TheWay

Dear Escapers!

We believe many of you encounter backend issues lately (login issues, disconnects, error 200, 1000, 500 etc.). And many of you just saying - "just buy more servers".

Right now backend server infrastructure consists around 150 servers and this number is rising constantly.

Unfortunately you can't solve some critical bugs or infrastructure problems only with server number increase.

Many issues popping up only with high load testing - which is going on right now.

As it was said before - player numbers are rising fast, load is rising and the chances of critical malfunctions are also rising.

So, that's what we are doing right now 24/7 - we receive a failure - patch it, receive new - patch it and so on. We are refining the system.

So, just to summarize:

• yes, we know about every issue with servers (we are monitoring situation 24/7)
  • we are actively working on modifying current backend infrastructure LIVE (it also could lead to game failures unfortunately)
  • it's not caused by DDOS or any other attack (although it happens on top of everything sometimes too)
  • it's not caused by hardware problems right now (although it happens on top of everything too)
  • Stabilizing backend is the most prioritized task and it looks like full scale investigation within the backend/client system
  • Adding new game servers is also prioritized task (added x2 servers already from the start of this year)

We are deeply sorry about this issues and doing everything we can to make everything stable ASAP!

TRANSLATIONS:

• German translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our Community Representative for Germany @Hummz21
  • Turkish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Turkish Emissary @SolidMemo
  • Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @Alexandre_5
  • Hungarian translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Hungarian Emissary @Settenke
  • CZ/SK translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our CZ/SK Emissary @Snork_Svk
  • Japanese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Japanese Emissary and Moderator @giraffy
  • Arabic translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Arabic Emissary @d3voo
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 14
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 4

ClaymoreTTV

Thanks for keeping us in the loop BSG, you've done amazing recently regarding communicating with your community! Only very few of us have even a small idea about servers, programming and how difficult it is, so keep up the good work!

However, promoting your game via deals, Twitch Drops, etc isn't going to make your jobs any easier. You're a business and you make business decisions, but if it's harming the stability of your game to the point that there have been server issues for almost 2 months now then maybe it's a good idea to just hold back on promotional events until you guys are at least confident that your soft and hardware can at least recover faster from high loads of players. 

Looking forward to updates!

Edited by ClaymoreTTV
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 6

dodger0000

I wish everyone was in the software business and then everyone would know that this is completely normal and your approach is 100% correct and there would be no complaints.

Oh and it's BETA! Better to solve issues now than after launch.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Sweaty_G

Your ticket response is 10 days. Right? You say the population is rising, meaning more problems arise also meaning more support tickets arise. Now. How are you supposed to catch up or going to catch up in a month time, when you got the same amount of staff, yet 5 times the amount of support tickets to reply to. Your support system is worse than Twitch. I had to wait for 8 months to get a reply from twitch. Maybe instead of changing the size of the Blackjack 50 backpack, you hire some proper technical support so your tickets won't build up 10 days in advance? #justSayin.

• Upvote 1

ibaiape

This message is greatly appreciated! I hope you guys are able to move forward with a level head through all the gaslighting going on in the community right now.

However, I'd say it'd make sense not to try and bring even more players while this is getting out of hand. I guess it's the belief of so many businesses that if you aren't expanding you are dying, but remember that you can very easily die from success.

I'll take the chance (might get a response, who knows!) to ask for your thoughts on stopping the servers altogether while the biggest issues are happening, as I believe people having bad experiences during these times tends to be actually worse than not being able to play (and that's if you're even able to get into raids). I'm guessing this was an option discarded in favor of enabling players to keep playing as much as possible, but it personally sounds like a bad choice (me not being in your shoes is probably the biggest cultrip on this).

Hopefully you guys are able to get some sleep and aren't killing yourselves too much (seriously doubt these weeks aren't the most stressfull more than one of you have lived). Continue developing this awesome game!

• Like 1

50CalSal

Ever since the game got popular its been going down the drain. Hackers all over labs, servers dont work because all these kids are trying to play non-stop. I miss the days of 5000-10,000 players. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

srleraja2003
11 minutes ago, ClaymoreTTV said:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop BSG, you've done amazing recently regarding communicating with your community! Only very few of us have even a small idea about servers, programming and how difficult it is, so keep up the good work!

However, promoting your game via deals, Twitch Drops, etc isn't going to make your jobs any easier. You're a business and you make business decisions, but if it's harming the stability of your game to the point that there have been server issues for almost 2 months now then maybe it's a good idea to just hold back on promotional events until you guys are at least confident that your soft and hardware can at least recover faster from high loads of players. 

Looking forward to updates!

I agree with this one...As much as its good for community to get involved and make money and bring new people in it then again harms the game stability as you`ve said.Well said Claymore!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mucmecanic

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to everything EFT means, but I just encountered something that might be related to this post. I finished a run and while selling stuff on FleaMarket, out of the total of 3.584.980 roubles that I had, I'm now left with 584.980 and all this while I was selling junk from my inventory. The money was gone after the interaction with the Therapist. I know it's not a lot, but I just started and I grinded for those roubles. I raised a ticket instantly with Battlestate G, but I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this bug/glitch?

Also, I really love how dedicated the devs are and I want to say a massive thank you for all your hard work BattleState Games!!!!

Thank you

madd72x

add more australian servers 

• Like 3

niceguygage

Thanks for the update BSG!

prorock32

Hi! I have problem with login Error 230 (Can't even log in to the game). Support sad what it is caused by my internet provider. My provider said what BSG is blocking their IP adresses because of "брут" (someone in my town trying to hack accounts). So what should I do? I can't switch Provider (Internet is paid for 8 months) and can't give up on Tarkov (Bought EoD, 3 years in game). Please answer me

scr1.png

scr2.png

scr3.png

Edited by prorock32

Xanagear

Any chance you can let us know when there will be an update pushed a few hours before? I've been streaming during the server maintenance and if I had known I would have decided to stream something else.

cikez

Thank you for your transparency and updates to the community! Much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

ESEF

I understand you need to test game under high load, but I feel violated by not able to play 2 games in a row without restart for more than three weeks now. Its really hard to be happy for game I paid 150€ and wont be able to even play it :(

KikiG4mer

i think that players would be much less frustrated with these problems if you keep us up to date with whats happening and what you are doing to fix it in details (like you just did) instead of the "we know there is problems and we are working on fixing them" post as it is very vague and gives no information what so ever.

anyways keep it up and good luck ❤️ 

Resolt

At least they are admitting that their backend is a garbage fire.

If they are in fact encountering AND fixing fatal errors in the backend architecture/implementation on-the-fly 24/7, then I can't imagine how anything was engineered "properly" on that part, because it's been utterly fucked ever since i started playing - a full flipping month ago.

I realize that this stuff isn't easy, but these are not unsolved problems - this has all been done before,

Hire some experienced engineers for once, because who ever built the current backend did NOT know what they were doing.

BARRICADE

Keep up the good work people!.

Server downtime lets me eat and get some air so i don't become one with my chair and desk lolol.

• Upvote 1

NickGurr

Thank you for at least some communication on this issue. I'll just have to quit until the hype of this game dies down and the kiddies go back to playing apex or fortnite after they realize the game is too hard. I play in Dallas, TX and get disconnected out of a raid every 2 raids. Don't wanna risk my gear getting lost just because of a dc.

Gillerd

I do understand that this is a beta and there is going to be problems, but paying for a game and not being able to play it because of dc from server is very frustrating. Do a scav run to warm up then get on PMC with good gear to dc and loss it is annoying. Sure maybe the insurance will get it back maybe it will not who knows just have to wait a day or two to see. Love the game its amazing hopefully at least the server problem could be fixed quickly so everyone could at least enjoy what they paid for. Would be nice to have an ETA on the fix if at all possible.  

NuckZ

Thank you for keeping us in loop ! We don't want you to solve everything right now, we just want to know what's going on 😃 Most of us know why we payed the game and what we might have in returns : Bugs, lags and so on but it's ok as long as you give us information about what's happening !

Keep going folks ! Thank you for your game and big up to everyone ! You're doing an amazing job ! Love you all

FaX1Ty

Should never have been a discount on game and get more players while all these problem becouse 1: its overloaded already. 2: new player enter and see all this failuere whit delete the game fast and not paly anymore becouse of the first impression!

BlazeModz

Thank you for all your, and your teams continued hard work. I ask of you to please ignore all of the ignorant children whining in the replies to the official BSG Tweets. They don't represent the actual players that love and appreciate you guys, and they would whine like that on Any developers twitter. They do it because they know they won't get a reply from you, and even if they get replies from other players who disagree with them, they usually never say anything back. They just want an echo chamber where they can rant and whine without consequences. 

Keep up the great work guys. ❤️

KimiFelipe

Thank you for your hard work. Don't forget your health care!👍

Falrne

And what is BSG going to do about error 403 forbidden? I just got a friend the game and he hasn't been able to play at all. Now he's got a single file called lock.

We've both filed tickets, and it's been over 10 days with zero response. 

jere2019

Thank you very much for showing your face, but in South America there is only one server, here the x2 was not seen. I can't devote much time to the game because of work issues and the time I have to play I spend in the lobby. Please add servers in this area soon. Again, thank you very much for having the courage to always show your face, it would have to be normal but many developers disappear before the problems.