BreakoutMatt

Paid for play every 20 minutes?

BreakoutMatt

Hi I just bought the game this weekend and am out of gear and out of money.  I am an FPS player moving from console and finding the transition tricky to say the least.  As the way the game is right now, it seems like the only way to play the game is wait 20 minutes to run a SCAV run.  My PMC is constantly 1/2 life with zero weapons since I can't afford meds or weapons/armor so have 0% chance of making it out.  Did I really buy a game that I can only play 1 match every 20 minutes until I 'Get Good?'  I didn't know that's what I signed up for.

fdykn

Thats the game principle, if you want to get thourgh the start you have to stick with Scav runs and use what you get. If you cant make it to the exit its not the games fault. You have to question your playstyle.

Or git gud.

Rimeice

I think you have choosen the wrong game to ge tinto PC shooter games… this one is hardcore high reward with hight chances of losing all… this is all about… surviving, play slow, learn the game play, maps, etc, don’t waste money.

But I understand you, I bought the game a week ago, and I struggle playing PMC… but the reason is, you are at the start of a raid, where everyone is looking for loot, so unless you hide for a moment you will pvp a lot!... now with SCAV, you are like 10-15 minutes later of in a raid, so many players have already left from exits or died… so it is a more safe option…

When Im  broke I play SCAV, and If I survive  I waste those 20 minutes, checking prices with dealers and flea market to maximize my profrit from all the stuff I got from the SCAV and I build up my money in that way…

Now I have 2 sets of the best gear and 2 of my favorite weapon set fullt moded and 1 million of cash… but I am a little afraid to use it an lose it, so mean while I am only playing SCAV J…

all in a week

gamefinger

This game takes time to learn and master. Play more scav, learn the ropes and the exits on 1 map (i started on custums).

When you get further with your character you will be able to upgrade your hideout. Benefits like shorter countdown on your scav! 

But the main thing here is to learn by making mistakes.

Edited by gamefinger

Devineus

MmmmmMMmmm feel the TROLL... Get GUuuuuuuuud Nooooooooooooob? right? Right?? ya... if only everyone who is saying Get good noob would just suddenly drop dead from a stroke. World would be that much better off.

Funuvagun
On 2/25/2020 at 8:48 PM, BreakoutMatt said:

Did I really buy a game that I can only play 1 match every 20 minutes until I 'Get Good?'

If this is your first go at PC games then you really picked a tough one. 😱

A few suggestions:

1) Once you get a weapon, play the offline mode so you can get to know the maps and practice killing scavs.

2) Use your PMC like a really sneaky scav. Without gear your chances are really low, BUT you can still listen for fights and then sneak in to scavenge what you can get. Go online and look for maps that show where there are hidden stashes (Interchange is good for these).

3) Play other games. I don't mean that like "you don't belong here" but just that there will be times you are tired of sneaking and being a scav. I have always loved Planetside 2. It's free to play (and not pay-to-win), it has great depth, it is more complicated than basic arena shooters, and you get a lot of experience with PC control schemes.

4) There is the Sherpa program where you can request a guide.

5) And at the very worst, after 21 days, you can reset your character profile and it is like you just started from the beginning.

sYs

EFT is not a good game to transition to pc to. :) 

Hey but welcome to PC MASTER RACE

Edited by sYs

Punisher_1
On 2/25/2020 at 8:48 PM, BreakoutMatt said:

Hi I just bought the game this weekend and am out of gear and out of money.  I am an FPS player moving from console and finding the transition tricky to say the least.  As the way the game is right now, it seems like the only way to play the game is wait 20 minutes to run a SCAV run.  My PMC is constantly 1/2 life with zero weapons since I can't afford meds or weapons/armor so have 0% chance of making it out.  Did I really buy a game that I can only play 1 match every 20 minutes until I 'Get Good?'  I didn't know that's what I signed up for.

I Feel for ya but thats not normal. Scav runs are a zero loss thing except for time. 

Maybe wact some streamers or how to play vids on you tube and replicate the runs to a point. Sometimes as a scav you can wait until the last 8 minutes on Reserve and clean up dead scav or player loots. You will need to be patient and get a close extract point.  

chas2092

Look up a loot run for customs. Hit the stashes, maybe take a pistol and be careful as duck. Put what you can in your case and repeat. That’s how I made most of my money starting out. I switched from console too. It’s awkward especially in eft