Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCoconut

Matchmaking New Players and Vets together...

SpaceCoconut

Will this be changed in the future?

I'm not very good at these types games and I appreciate the difficulty that this one has. But I find myself being killed off by Gold names more than anything with little chance to fight back due to my lack of skill. These quick deaths also mean I don't necessarily get a chance to practice in order to get better.

Will something be done in the future about newer players like myself finding themselves in a lobby with players with significantly higher skill and experience in the game that essentially robs players like myself the enjoyment of playing and learning the game?

I enjoy the game, but when I spend the majority of my money on budget gear and try to make cash through scav runs only to be taken out easily raid after raid by more geared, more experienced, and higher skilled players it significantly takes away any enjoyment I might have found.

I understand that I should be dying more often than making it through a raid, my concern is the number of times I die to a more experienced player rather than a player of equal skill and experience.

Grimm285
1 hour ago, SpaceCoconut said:

no.  they have specifically said there will be no separation between player levels, nor squads vs solos  other then the exception of the "Arena mode" whenever they get around to doing it that is.

side note: gold names are just people with EOD edition, they could be the same level as you or lower even.

my suggestion - group up.  find others on the forums or make your friends buy the game.  Squads have a much higher survival rate plus you can always be throwing away friends gear to come back in returns.  If you dont want to group, play slower and stealthy.  Focus on doing quests above all else as they shower you in items, exp, and money 

NigelSmith
2 hours ago, SpaceCoconut said:

I'm not very good at these types games and I appreciate the difficulty that this one has. But I find myself being killed off by Gold names more than anything with little chance to fight back due to my lack of skill. These quick deaths also mean I don't necessarily get a chance to practice in order to get better.

Will something be done in the future about newer players like myself finding themselves in a lobby with players with significantly higher skill and experience in the game that essentially robs players like myself the enjoyment of playing and learning the game?

I enjoy the game, but when I spend the majority of my money on budget gear and try to make cash through scav runs only to be taken out easily raid after raid by more geared, more experienced, and higher skilled players it significantly takes away any enjoyment I might have found.

I understand that I should be dying more often than making it through a raid, my concern is the number of times I die to a more experienced player rather than a player of equal skill and experience.

Keep trying dude, we all started somewhere. 

Just imagine how good it will feel when you drop that sweaty geared guy for the first time and steal all his stuff. All part of the learning process!

• Upvote 1

FutaIrl

Run mosins and Hunters naked so they can make more threads here how armor is useless after being killed

• Like 1

Wintics

The Level from players is not the Problem.... you go to the wrong places 😉

Stay in the map Outbacks and fram little Buildings, Cars or camping places. There you  found player with your Level. Yesterday i farm as Level 3 Noob a careless Level 36 player with 9mm MP5. Level doesnt protect for 9 MM luck shot in the head :P

If you go to huge Buldings/Shop Center you can leave instant :P the high level player farm there the expensive Stuff :D which you doesnt need as beginner.....

regards

Wintics

• Like 1

Vodor

Even though they said they won’t do it, how would they match people?

Its entirely possible for 1 good player geared to buggery to join a couple of new players in a squad. How would it decide the matching then?

And for the record, gold names are just those who paid more, and levels mean nothing because anyone can level with time invested.

sirchibbi

I would like to see a map made for level 1 - 10 to give people a chance to warm-up to the game. 

My suggestion is play a map in offline mode with PVE turned on. You will get to fight SCAVs and if you don't bring armor with you it'll kinda force you to play safe and learn areas angles. The scavs aren't the best but they can still kill you. Also learning the map in this game is a super power. 

notprae
8 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

no.  they have specifically said there will be no separation between player levels, nor squads vs solos  other then the exception of the "Arena mode" whenever they get around to doing it that is.

side note: gold names are just people with EOD edition, they could be the same level as you or lower even.

my suggestion - group up.  find others on the forums or make your friends buy the game.  Squads have a much higher survival rate plus you can always be throwing away friends gear to come back in returns.  If you dont want to group, play slower and stealthy.  Focus on doing quests above all else as they shower you in items, exp, and money 

Can confirm. I'm a new player, level 7, with a gold name because I purchased EOD to support the devs simply because this is the most addicted I've been to a game in at least a decade. I'm trash, don't let it fool you.

McHibbins

Everybody can die every second,  no matter what level,  equipment even skills he has. 

That is what makes Tarkov so special and addicting. 

The higher u fly,  the harder u crash. You have to learn through pain...........phrase in the german army. 

Matchmaking in levelrange will soften the thrill and fear .

ZenaRose

Nah, it’s too difficult to balance the game, create a ranking system, do solo/squad mode...

It's easier to say WE HAVE HARDCORE and do nothing with complains

vincentek9

I think that is what makes this game fun and really gets your heart pumping.  You have no idea who is your friend or foe.  You don't know if that is a high level player or a newb.  You don't know if they are alone or if they are part of a group.  It really makes you calculate whether to initiate a gun fight or if you just let them pass. 

As other players have said,  learning hot zones and cold zones is the way for a fresh player to succeed.  High loot areas and boss areas tend to have the most geared players.  Players with a gold crown do not mean they are high level, it just means they purchased a higher version of the game compared to the base version (I have a crown because I purchased EOD, but it doesn't mean that I am good).  here are a few things that might help you out.

- avoid hot zones.  You will most likely lose. Reserve map has LOTS of stuff everywhere.  I've looted paracord and fuel cans in places that nobody cared to search since that location only has 2 boxes to loot.

- fill your secure container first.  if you die, at least you get out with some stuff.  Knowing what items have flea market value will determine what is replaced in the secure container.  If you are not level 5 yet and have not unlocked flea market, then just stuff anything in the secure container and sell it to traders. Look up what traders to sell to first as each trader can offer different prices for the same item. i believe the order is therapist > skier > mechanic > ragman > prapor > fence.  I left peacekeeper out because he will only buy/sell in dollars rather than roubles.

- be the first one at certain spots.  Knowing where you spawn and your closest loot spot that provides a vantage point is key.  I've taken down a geared player with a pistol because i had great cover and high ground while he was pinned at some stairs.

- waiting for the clock to run down sometimes works.  with 8 minutes left in the Reserve map, I've walked out to the open helicopter area and looted 8 dead bodies.  Then made my way to sewer manhole and found a few more bodies on the way.  keep track of hydration and energy as you can die when those run to 0.  Geared players usually do not take sewer manhole because you can't exfil if you have a backpack.

Blaat112
6 hours ago, Vodor said:

and levels mean nothing because anyone can level with time invested.

While I do agree mostly here, this game is alot about map knowledge and knowledge of weapons/ammo etc. 

That and the fact that higher level players tend to have better skills(endurance/strength/*) and better equipment 

So I would also disagree with that.

caldrin

its hard enough getting a match to start at the moment with silly long wait time can you imagine if they were trying to match levels as well.. 

Dont get me wrong it it would be good certainly for the first 10 levels for people to get into the game but yeah i cant see it happening. 

IBMess
18 hours ago, SpaceCoconut said:

Best thing you can do is record your raids and learn from your deaths. If you're dying, 90% of the time its for a good reason. You learn different angles people can hold, areas players will typically be, or things you should have noticed but missed. Once you build that memory bank of failures, you'll start to avoid those relatively easy pitfalls and even be able to use them against other players. Its just a learning curve. Also to the point of this post: New players SHOULD be put against more experienced players. If all you do is fight players of similar skill, you'll never learn from the more experienced ones on how they positioned/moved/baited you.

Sunzero

dont change it !!! it is good as it is !