ssgsmith51

Possible Future Female Characters?

ssgsmith51

Hey All!!!

So I know this is not like, a major issue or request....I am definitely a minority here, but has there been discussion on eventually female PMCs making their way into the game?

Now I know there are probably not many of us female tarkov players out there....but it would be cool to have some sort of representation ingame. Some difficulties would definitely be models like vests and backpacks and stuff like that, but hear me out...

I served 9 years in the US Army as a combat medic(yes I am also a female...) and I used all the same gear, body armor, vests, as the guys. Did it fit weird? Kinda....but I am not going on patrol with a Victoria's secret pushup bra and lingerie set.....sports bras do a good job compressing the things biology gifted us, so ingame the models dont need to be "we endowed"(lord knows most of us are not) but having a character that looks kinda like me would be great. 

I want to get this out of the way, I LOVE this game. The fun in everything from combat to realism to even playing dress up(yes this is the military version of barbie) are all done well. This game is obviously done with care and the lore is heavily involved which is amazing. I loved the Tarkov book and the universe....but there ARE female PMCs in the world. We do exist, and we kick some serious ass. Sure there are probably not alot of us playing tarkov, but maybe more will show up if we are represented? I cant speak for Russian military, but women make up a decent chunk of combat arms now in the US and in other countries. So I can see if the lore might not fully support it but just consider it in the future? Maybe even just link it so that your profile needs to be checked as male or female for the PMC to show up ingame. 

Again I am not fully sure if this has been addressed already but I wanted to bring up the discussion. I have played since alpha days where a kiver and paca were the meta and there were only like 5 firearms. Keep up amazing work dev team and if anyone has any input on this topic feel free to add!!!

Good Hunting!

-Ericapa

Spectro887

Edited by Spectro887

ssgsmith51

Yes, but my question is not about women IN GENERAL, in the game. My question is about PMCs being allowed to be female. I am glad they dont take a stance against female characters. 

sYs
46 minutes ago, ssgsmith51 said:

Yes, but my question is not about women IN GENERAL, in the game. My question is about PMCs being allowed to be female. I am glad they dont take a stance against female characters. 

Nikita kinda did once say there are NOT gonna be female playable pmcs. 

and i kinda understand why  - cause they would have to rework all the gear for smaller frames. [backpacks, rigs etc..] or make one beefy woman!

and they would be bald - as there is no hair in eft.. just a texture on head that looks like a short cut. 

So hence - to implement women in EFT as playable characters that can be geared equipped and unequipped would require to rework all pmcs models and all gear models + slight animation changes which would be A LOT of work on top of already pilled up work.

Maybe someday in future - as DLC

Edited by sYs

symbiote

It was discussed previously, this is not new topic.

As right now there are no plans or even talks to implement such in the nearest future.

And also having different sex in game would not make game closer to vision or would have anything of value, there are a lot of more important things. But who knows, maybe in some DLC you could see that.

symbiote
4 minutes ago, sYs said:

Nikita kinda did once say there are NOT gonna be female playable pmcs. 

and i kinda understand why  - cause they would have to rework all the gear for smaller frames. [backpacks, rigs etc..] or make one beefy woman!

and they would be bald - as there is no hair in eft.. just a texture on head that looks like a short cut. 

So hence - to implement women in EFT as playable characters that can be geared equiped and unequiped would require to rework all pmcs models and all gear models + slight animation changes. 

Yes and also he mentioned, that it is not a place for a woman in Tarkov :D, but who knows things changes. Also, statistically women who serve are very small number in military, and most of them are not on special operation units, or contractors, there are only few women who serve in such type of military units.

reemr

As far as I know BSG have previously stated that they will not be adding female PMCs to the game. I dont think it's a question of them being "allowed" or not. It's probably more due to the fact that it would involve a lot of work re-doing tons of clothing, armor etc to suit the female 3D model, recording voice lines and so on.

• Upvote 1

RACWAR

Not every gender and race has to be represented in every game out there. Can we just leave one game as is for once? And not bent over backwards to make sure that everything under the sun is being appropriately represented and nobody being offended because god forbid?

As for IRL, women have no place in any sort of combat role whatsoever IMO, period.

• Cold 1

Thormato
12 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

BSG has stated technical reasons for not adding playable female characters in the game.

I also think there are immersion issues here. While there are females serving in armed forces and in the private sector (some of the best private corporate security personnel I've worked with were female), in combat roles they are clearly a minority and allowing players to choose their gender usually ends with almost half or even more than half of the player avatars being Tarkov versions black widows from the Marvel universe running around killing the realistic feel they are going for.

Its just like any online game. You allow incels and soyboys to create their own fap material the next thing you know your "realistic" shooter is full of 12yo lolicon girls running around with assaultrifles and full combat gear.

PS. If you start giving in from your artistic vision then everybody is going to start making demands of you. So what's next cat ears and wolf tails for those who identify as animal spirits?

I dont know if i should laugh or cry, because of how true this is

Edited by Thormato

Rimeice

I dont like the word “representation” it kinda adds some politics to the game wich I strongly wich to not even get into the dev’s mind ever…

Nevertheless… I would like to see female characters too to add some extra depth to the game… but I understand how much work load will add to the current and future development of the game, so its better as it is right now… you cant change your PMC anyway, since your gun is your main character and you cant even see yourself anyway

• Upvote 1

ssgsmith51
12 hours ago, RACWAR said:

Not every gender and race has to be represented in every game out there. Can we just leave one game as is for once? And not bent over backwards to make sure that everything under the sun is being appropriately represented and nobody being offended because god forbid?

As for IRL, women have no place in any sort of combat role whatsoever IMO, period.

Guess I am gonna take my XX chromosomes and my Combat Medical Badge and Arcom with V and just go in the corner and cry for not being deemed important enough in your opinion to serve in combat ;) jk jk, while I am a female that served in multiple combat engagements in the US Army with 1st AD, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect you for voicing your opinion. Agree to disagree my friend!!! 

All joking aside thank you everyone for your feedback. I would never want them to sacrifice good gameplay for aesthetics. I agree that the vision of the game takes precedence and I respect BSG for sticking to their vision. I think the suggestion of maybe a DLC in the future would be cool though.

And to reduce confusion I am not sitting here claiming equal opportunity or anything. Not that kind of female feminist....I mean I shoot guns for fun..... I was just trying to spark intellectual discussion about it. Also yeah....wth is with guys playing as female characters for their own fantasies....I swear I will never understand some men.....

So then if it WERE possible and it wouldnt take away dedicated time from improving the game would you consider being ok adding female characters ingame? Hell even if they made beefy women like the one poster mentioned. At my peak physical status during deployment(all you do is workout if not on mission lol) me and my fellow lady soldkers were kinda beefy. I think we scared away some air force men ;) but wearing full kit with a medical rig and aid bag as well as combat load of ammo(6 mags on vest 1 in rifle) you get beefy pretty quick ;). Otherwise I would agree maybe a dlc in future?!?!

• Like 1

ssgsmith51
12 hours ago, Yeavo said:

BSG has stated technical reasons for not adding playable female characters in the game.

I also think there are immersion issues here. While there are females serving in armed forces and in the private sector (some of the best private corporate security personnel I've worked with were female), in combat roles they are clearly a minority and allowing players to choose their gender usually ends with almost half or even more than half of the player avatars being Tarkov versions black widows from the Marvel universe running around killing the realistic feel they are going for.

Its just like any online game. You allow incels and soyboys to create their own fap material the next thing you know your "realistic" shooter is full of 12yo lolicon girls running around with assaultrifles and full combat gear.

PS. If you start giving in from your artistic vision then everybody is going to start making demands of you. So what's next cat ears and wolf tails for those who identify as animal spirits?

Lol omg this made me laugh so hard.....is it really that bad? Like, wth is with some guys? Even as a woman I dont do or want that in my shooter lol. Gimmie multicam, a plate carrier, and a 5.56 rifle and I am wayyy happier than having....🤮 cat ears..... 

But you have a valid point. If some "men" would rather run around with a female ingame it would break immersion and honestly even reduce our credibility as gamer women even more than it is. Its hard enough telling someone I play video games and they say "aww so you play the sims or animal crossing sweetheart?".....no tarkov and arma 3. So maybe you have a point in the respect that it would hurt our cause even more.

• Thanks 1

Niewiarygodny
17 hours ago, ssgsmith51 said:

.I am definitely a minority here

You are also a mineroity in using "seach" function on forum. Instead you rather wanna create yet another topic, which was already answered in the past.
a90611523d38f0f0b49dece41f04d4eb.png
You had 1 job, "type female in search" you failed

Whats more, you could just click Twitter msg, because after reading it you should know that there is "second part" but guy who sent it missed. All you needed to do, was a 1 click.
84150e7216005ec982924e010e947d38.png

17 hours ago, ssgsmith51 said:

but has there been discussion on eventually female PMCs making their way into the game?

Yes. 
There will be NO female PMC, thats not what BSG wanted, thats not their vision.
As ppl above said, there is Therapist and if i remember corretcly there will be another Female PMC but there won't be any Female PMC or scavs.

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Sad 1

Yeavo
1 hour ago, ssgsmith51 said:

But you have a valid point. If some "men" would rather run around with a female ingame it would break immersion and honestly even reduce our credibility as gamer women even more than it is.

I also find it funny how the same gamer population subjection that wants their avatars to be 12yo genetically modified cat girls doing "sexy" (or rather IMO creepy) poses are mostly the ones screaming about women in games and claiming that women only play to get attention. Projection much?

In WOW f.ex. that cute gnome that talking sexy/dirty is probably 600lbs pedophile living in his moms basement.

Edited by Yeavo

RACWAR
6 hours ago, ssgsmith51 said:

Agree to disagree my friend!!! 

Yeah, we obviously won't get anywhere in terms of ethical discussion, so let's leave it at that.

Someone else already said what I wanted to follow up with though. Adding female characters would completely break immersion, since at least 60% of the player-base would run around as female character (regardless of actually being female IRL or not), causing an absolutely unrealistic proportion in that regard, which would be fatal for a game like this that relies so heavily on immersion.

Barangolo
On 2/27/2020 at 5:24 AM, ssgsmith51 said:

Guess I am gonna take my XX chromosomes and my Combat Medical Badge and Arcom with V and just go in the corner and cry for not being deemed important enough in your opinion to serve in combat ;)

The "EFT = serving in combat" fallacy is real: is this a medical healing simulator or are you blowing people's brains out for money? ;) "jk jk" aside, that's a lot of explicit credentials to be pulling guys' legs and not pretending to be victimized ;)

Since you opened a delicate topic, you must surely be aware of the realities of your stance as well: that while your person as a woman IRL is no choice, the role you assume in the game is. Which is to kill and loot. Saving lives is no option in EFT to choose, Elvira has taken all the space for that (literally).

ssgsmith51
9 hours ago, Barangolo said:

The "EFT = serving in combat" fallacy is real: is this a medical healing simulator or are you blowing people's brains out for money? ;) "jk jk" aside, that's a lot of explicit credentials to be pulling guys' legs and not pretending to be victimized ;)

Since you opened a delicate topic, you must surely be aware of the realities of your stance as well: that while your person as a woman IRL is no choice, the role you assume in the game is. Which is to kill and loot. Saving lives is no option in EFT to choose, Elvira has taken all the space for that (literally).

Wow like...I am sitting here mouth agape.....seriously...Because you bring up an incredibly valid point.....I am in tarkov to kill players and loot resort(in the current meta) i love this kind of exchange because I can say YOU ARE RIGHT  wi5hout defaulting to society or women or other BS...

Thank you for expressing your opi ion. But I will say that its easy for any guy to claim "tarkov is for men and this is the lore". I am not a feminist.....as I proclaimed before....I build guns and feminism hates gun lol.......but what would happen if maybe one...or two raiders were female......OMG SUCH A BLOW TO EGO. Not actually. Thats not real but BSG if you are listening, imagine if a player died from a female raider.....would ot alter the lore or affect of that player dying? If so then LETS ADD IT. because we want to challenge each other. I may bleed once a month but I respect you all as adversaries. Love ❤️

ssgsmith51
10 hours ago, Barangolo said:

I still sit here loving your argument. Sorry I gotta say that. Because I sit here victimizing....but ask yourseld....have you ever needed to victimize yourself to be heard?

Unfortunately I HAVE to flaunt my combat experience because most tarkov players are such pussys they cant handle real combat...personal opinion so no valid fact....pestiliy served....he knows.....bullets dont discriminate on genitailia. So why do I need to discuss my experience when so many others ARE able to say....girly you are wrong bc tarkov IS FOR MEN!!!! 

Niewiarygodny
5 hours ago, ssgsmith51 said:

dont minimize me as a person

I don't, i don't care if you are a female or male, i am treating you the same.

.you have quoted old tweets

Which were shared by first user who answered to you, as i said above, you could do 2 things.
First was using search function and as i proved, you would find topics about female PMC easly.
Second, after creating topic, you could click that twitters which were sent by first person who answered.

Now you try to offend my, dunno why or whats the point of that. If you wanted show me/us how females can react, then gj, we totally respect you by this action.

So imagine you are the richest ett player.......would you care about lvl 1 noobs? If yes then maybe yiu are human,

I am not even asking what kind of twisted logic you have there. How lvl 1 noobs are connected with ability to use search function or clicking twitters when you know that there must be second part. 
But anyway, ye, i am droping ppl stuff who are below +-15 lvl, unless they play with their 40+ lvl friends and run with end game gear.

So....you wanna suck my **** yess?? Thats what tinder tells me....so how do you see me as an equal combatant in tarkov?

? I will ignore that part, hopefully you are ok out there. If not, gl, hf and take care.
Cheers. For future just admit to your mistakes or ignore it, but dont try to insult someone without any reason.

Edit. I got few female friends who are playing EFT, they are not doing worse than guys, nah sometimes they are doing much better, but that does not change fact that there will be no female PMC, arguments above twitted by BSG, deal with it. 

Edited by Niewiarygodny

ShiroTenshi

Hello!

As has been said before and also previously quoted here on this thread, there will be NO female playable characters in EFT.

Please use the search function before creating a new thread, as per the rules.

Kind Regards

#locked

• Upvote 2