BryteLite

Servers (A Dev's Perspective)

BryteLite

Hello Tarkov Mods/Admins/Devs!

Let me start off by saying I love your game.  It's been a while since I've found a shooter that is entertaining from a concept standpoint.
For the enjoyment I've had in this game, even just is beta, was dare I say worth the steep Edge of Darkness package price.

Alongside much of the community, I have been pretty upset at the state of the servers.

With that being said, I'm hoping I can point you in the direction of where the problem may be (if you haven't already figured it out and are just whittling away at the different sections and classes associated with maintaining a connection.  The problem is definitely with services associated with your TCP connections. Why?  Based on the system errors that are popping up, including some cloudflare javascript errors, I started to notice that all these problems started shortly after the reported purchase of servers.  I'm not sure what updates to the back-end were made to accommodate the new servers on your server application, but it seems too coincidental.  Hopefully you have your versions source controlled and are able to compare them to find the difference between them, but I would definitely double check to make sure the back-end update was applied to ALL associated TCP services and connections. I noticed you changed the way TCP connections are handled with lost connections too shortly after the new servers rolled out, that might also be a good point to look

Again, this might seem basic and you might already be on this, but I figured I would give my two cents given the time being spent updating the back-end.  I won't begin to speculate how complicated the back-end could be, but there is clearly a bug associated with TCP.

Edited by BryteLite

BryteLite
19 minutes ago, Thormato said:

While a response is certainly better than none, this response is a little concerning.

Reacting to critical malfunctions and patching them happens, but there seems to be a root issue that is not being addressed.

I'm just curious if they are addressing the core problems or just throwing band-aid fixes on for now.

Thormato

No just dont like people have no knowledge about the Eft Servers, the database or anything  and make assumptions on what is wrong, when the devs gave a statement about what is wrong

BryteLite
On 2/27/2020 at 6:53 AM, Thormato said:

No just dont like people have no knowledge about the Eft Servers, the database or anything  and make assumptions on what is wrong, when the devs gave a statement about what is wrong

Like I said, I won't pretend to know anything about their backend, since for obvious reasons it's not open source.

Mine was merely an observation.  That's what beta testers do right? Observe. Report.

Stan464

Thormato seems to be constantly defending EFT like some PR Manager.

What Brytelite has suggested may be bang on, as i noticed the same exact issue also. I felt it was an issue with the Network Stack or the the lack of Keep alive and Send/Response on Packets back & forth..

I sometimes get disconnected (Items flashing in inventory) and players running on the spot..

But my Buddies can see me moving around...

30 Seconds later: Connection Lost.