Xtremexc29

Better Match Making

Xtremexc29

So far my experience has been as follows: sit in queue for 10+ minutes, spend 2-3 minutes in a match. Sometimes I get lucky and don't run into a player who has 20+ levels on me and a multi-million *currency* kit. Tiered match making would be nice. Have it so players are put against other players within their own level range (i.e. lvl 1-10, 11-20, etc.) or something to that effect. If the system can't find enough players within 5 minutes, then just put the player in by themselves. You'll still have to deal with A.I and player scavs. Either way, new players should not be facing lvl 30+ players straight out the gate. That's not fun. 

Sagaraein

This is a post that has been tossed around on the forums a lot. Actually i responded to a similar post two days ago so i will just copy paste the key point of it here out of pure laziness...

Dividing a already niche player base would make queue times even longer then they are now. Low level players would also at some point after launch have extreme queue times due to most of the player base being too high level for that player pool. Then we also have the issue with groups. How would they manage that? Lets say that 5 friends decide to jump on. 1 is new to the game, 2 are somewhat experienced and 2 are hardcore players with thousands of hours. How would you find a game that would balance this out? Odds of filling a server with a equally diverse stack would be hard. And even then there might be a huge gear gap between stacks.

Let me also point out that there is little to no advantage when it comes to levels. The largest difference between players is the type of ammo used. When i started out i had no clue about ammo and got rekt so hard so fast. Now that i have ammo that one taps most mid tier geared players i have so much more fun. Especially when you one tap some really kitted Chad with your budget kit. The satisfaction is immense.

You gave a suggestion on something i noticed as a issue in my previous post so i will also respond to that:

7 hours ago, Xtremexc29 said:

If the system can't find enough players within 5 minutes, then just put the player in by themselves. You'll still have to deal with A.I and player scavs.

This is not a good idea. The AI at times wont even constitute a challenge. It would just end up with a lonely PMC running around getting all the free stuff in the world. Perhaps a partial implementation of this could work where a minimum of 50% of slots need to be filled with PMC's and then the game would just spawn some additional Scavs but even then, i can't see it working as envisioned.

I will however suggest that you browse trough these forums and find yourself a group to play with. As a beginner i realized that going in solo was silly and found a group of like minded people to play with.

tambo22003
20 hours ago, Sagaraein said:

This is not a good idea. The AI at times wont even constitute a challenge. It would just end up with a lonely PMC running around getting all the free stuff in the world. Perhaps a partial implementation of this could work where a minimum of 50% of slots need to be filled with PMC's and then the game would just spawn some additional Scavs but even then, i can't see it working as envisioned.

I will however suggest that you browse trough these forums and find yourself a group to play with. As a beginner i realized that going in solo was silly and found a group of like minded people to play with.

Its about server resource, making a half filled room makes more rooms to be hosted. Then the server becomes even more stressed and may crash.

• Like 1

tambo22003
On 2/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, Xtremexc29 said:

So far my experience has been as follows: sit in queue for 10+ minutes, spend 2-3 minutes in a match. Sometimes I get lucky and don't run into a player who has 20+ levels on me and a multi-million *currency* kit. Tiered match making would be nice. Have it so players are put against other players within their own level range (i.e. lvl 1-10, 11-20, etc.) or something to that effect. If the system can't find enough players within 5 minutes, then just put the player in by themselves. You'll still have to deal with A.I and player scavs. Either way, new players should not be facing lvl 30+ players straight out the gate. That's not fun. 

They just need better Net codes and good quality server locations all around the world. Being killed and not being able to jump back into action and stuck in loading screen for 20+ mins is just plain stupid. It can be consider a scam if you think about the money we had to pay for this beta. I played for a month and half now, its okay a month ago but now the servers are just mushy all the time. 

Server issue aside. Game is designed so that you will face experienced players and you will grow fast ; P 

TheOnlyRusty

I have thought of that idea aswell. Me and my friend play this game inbetween others so we aren't as experienced or active as most are. But seeing the server side point of view has got me thinking. I get frustrated about dying to a fully kitted gear guy aswell. But after my frustration I try to tell myself that this is still a hardcore game. The game is based on challenges and overcoming life or death decisions. part of that is dealing or passing geared guys. If I hear gunshots on my left, i'll go right. If I see a guy fully kitted and he sees me, I run away and try to lose him. It really is all about playing smart when playing solo. Not every engagement requires you to "lend a hand". 

Good luck further 

• Like 1