Fitzky45

Getting one shot all the time

Fitzky45

What am I suppose to do when I am reduced to doing pistol loot runs because I have almost run out of money but every time I do so I just end up getting one tapped from someone out of nowhere? Where's the counterplay? I'm at a loss at what to do, 3rd run in a row where I've died and lost another pistol and rig, soon I'll have nothing and I'll have to do hachet runs and havent they implemented a system to counter hachet runs? I don't have the money to buy any sort of expensive helmet or armor to try and defend myself from high level gear players with the best ammo that pierces everything, starting to feel a little unfair...

Darksys0815

Its not unfair. You need to know the maps, the routes from high lvl players and the hot spots.

example: shoreline> at the street near the beach you will the most of time alone > 5,6 scavs

if you go to middle, power station or restort you are 99% dead as new player. same on customes > go to dorms > dead.

try to avoid pvp on "save" routes... you could only learn this while playing or offline.

i wrote many posts with beginner tipps and farm routes. 

i do this again for you:

pick shoreline > play as scav to learn the map. in 90% you spawn at road to customs or scav tower. at this point your are allready on the street i mean > the only thing to do is > run the street, loot the hidden stashes in the wood near scav tower and train (map could be find at google) run to construction site > hidden stash near the blue toilet.

next> gas station > be aware, sometimes you find 1,2 players...if not sure, go away.

next > pier building > loot the thing and go to exit. 

if your exit is lighthouse > rund and exit

if your exit is destroyed street > may you could go to scav island and exit.

if you hear near shots try to figure out how near the are and be careful.

IGNORE the scavs if you play as scav. they are a good warning system against pmc players. if scavs are alive you know, there is no other player or only a other scav player.

on this route i exit 9/10 without death. it happens, yes. but the party is at resort. avoid this and you will be fine the most of time.

to learn all this poo, play scav or low pmc. get a cheap gun, some good ammo and a backpack and go. the most of time your backpack is full if you left pier building. try fast as possible to exit. 

never wait to the last 10 minutes if possible > in this time the most players go to exit...

prone if you loot. if you kill anyone > wait! often the are 2 or more. ..check your surroundings, hear! wait 30 seconds and loot in prone...never loot in standing or crouch.

if your have no money anymore...pick a scav and run to exit fast as possible. somtimes they spawn with labs card or paracord as example> run to exit. labs card 170k for 5 minutes running.

you will learn this fast. the routes, the hotspots, the loot spots without great danger.

learn first one map and play this all the time. if you feel good and survive 9/10, you could check the other parts of the map like weather station or resort... play slow, do not run the most of time . avoid bushes. the make ducking loud sound if you run against them.

At begin, you should avoid fights. Never shoot if you dont need. BE SAFE to kill when you shoot. at begin you die in 99% if you doenst hit the first shoot in the head from your enemy.

get fast as possible level 5. because flea market. check all what you want to sell first an traders and theire price...and check flea. in 99% you get more money at flea but not all the time. some players sell weapons 4k cheaper as you get from trader, why ever.

sell damaged gear on flea > the bots buy also a helmet with 1/30 durability for the same price as a 30/30 helmet. all hates the bots, i love them, get much money for damaged or empty crap^^

if questions > do it :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Xynergize

Add xynergize I’m still new in my opinion but I’m leve like 25 with a few hundred pmc kills and maybe we can talk and share some ideas on how to get u some goodies!!!! .Theres tons of way to be discreeet you just gotta know how !!

shighty

Watch an interchange loot guide and have fun shoving all the graphics cards up your ass, your money problems will be over real quick.

I tend not to stand still out in the open, you never know who's watching, ready to blow your head off as soon as you stop moving. Only times I ever stand still is to listen for footsteps when I'm sufficiently covered from all angles or if I've already cleared any exposed angles before standing still. Same applies when you hear someone coming and you're being quiet to ambush them because they don't know you're there. This mostly happens in doors though so you aren't likely to get randomly one tapped unless you don't check both ways down the hall before crawling out of whatever room you're in. 

Don't hard peek corners. You want to take quick peeks around the corner and take in as much as possible in that split second. If someone is there waiting for you they'll most likely miss entirely or miss the kill shot and let you know they're there, giving you a fighting chance instead of instantly getting dropped because you exposed yourself too long. 

Niewiarygodny
8 hours ago, Fitzky45 said:

What am I suppose to do when I am reduced to doing pistol loot runs because I have almost run out of money

1. Play sac sac often as possible, even fast factory 30 s runs, where u run twaords exit, killing 1 scav, grabbing his gear and running -> it's at least 60k, thats more than enough for SKS + pso and bullets
2. You have your SC (Secure container), go into raid (even with pistol) search some duffle bags/hidden caches -> hide items into your SC -> even if you die, you will have money for more than just a pistol.

Like earning in EFT is hard... It's not as it used to be, where each "junk item" had no use or was used in poo barter trade, so literally such items had no value.
Now each item has value, fiding items with price +15k per slot is not hard.

9 hours ago, Fitzky45 said:

just end up getting one tapped from someone out of nowhere?

Thats your mistake, it's "war" ppl won't shoot 10 times in the air, so you can run/hide/shoot them back.

9 hours ago, Fitzky45 said:

try and defend myself from high level gear players with the best ammo that pierces everything, starting to feel a little unfair...

Starting with there is no such thing as "best ammo", sometimes that "best ammo" you are talkng about is "worst ammo".
Why? Because everything depends of situacion. 
Example -> you fight vs someone who has igolniks -> he has to shoot at least 3 times into your chest, does not matter if yo uare naked or having armor.
Now same situacion, but he has HP ammo, you wont survive 1 chest shoot.

Anyway, what to do? 
You make 1 huge and common mistake, you use pistols, pistols are weak if enemy has even t3 faceshield which is common.
Whats more, pistols force you to engage on short distance, when in most cases ppl will just have better weapon/armor than you (according to what you say).

Use weapons with better amunication.
Which weapons?
Mosin -> Even LPS ammo is fine, or always load few 7n1 bullets and carry barely few (2-4) in your pocket and a bit more in your Secure container, with such ammo u can almost always 1 tap enemy through helmet (% decrase vs higher tiers), same via chest shoots.
Add PU scope and you can easly kill full gears with just mosin
Vepr hunter -> and cheap ammo m80 or use higher pen, about scope it's what you prefer.
Vepr/AKM/SKS -> If you have money u can use BP, if not use PS, cause 7.62 ammo (PS) is cheap and "good enough". It's not great, it's not awesome, but it's much stronger than 5.45 and PS, and belive me, i survived a poo ton of situacions, because someone had like 150k AK - 74 with PS ammo. 

OldWalker

Thanks for the answers, I'm sorry I can give a thanks only once a day, I'm about to buy EFT and reading all this I think I'll buy limited version to have the better inventory space and secured inventory space, about the tactics...

...I'm a former military 58 y.o. (My avatar is... me) and actually I work for an armed private security with homeland duties so I know something about engaging enemy, and the best thing I knew after so many years is...

...that I always know too little to have the 100% chance to survive, in game as IRL.

IRL if I have to enter a place with danger I must have seen at least a map, if I don't know a place (a factory, a private villa and so on), I'm not going to get in nor I'll permit my men to enter (I'm 2nd Lt) if we have a better way to solve the problem of course.

So I figure myself like the player opening the post, I'll study the map, manage my inventory and gears and understand best way to achieve my target.

I understood that I have to loot, and as a beginner the best thing to do is what you are writing: do it fast and do it where other ppl usually don't go.

I'm reading maps and looking at "best places to loot", well even be4 reading tips I knew that "best places to loot" are the worst places for beginners (...me...) and many low loot runs are far better than one good loot after nine deaths.

Just my five cents (excuse broken english, it's not my first language)

Edited by OldWalker

OldWalker

On "ratings" page I found the image below, well, best players usually died one time every two runs? Hearts high, being killed seems quite normal here 😉

ratings2.JPG

Edited by OldWalker

Fitzky45

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate all the advice and the feedback. To clear a few things up:

1. I was using pistols because I was so low on money I needed the cheapest, most budget loadouts so if I died I wouldnt lose so much money.

2. I never got one shot from standing still, most of the time in my runs I would be sprinting and it would be on reserve going across the grass fields in order to get to cover and get to my usual loot spots quickly.

3. I was definitely aware of just spamming scav runs in order to get gear and earn money but unfortunately I couldnt survive any scav runs and having to wait 20 minutes after for another scav run gets so tiring.

Lucky enough after getting fed up with PMC I just decided to do a scav run on shoreline and basically played super passive and just hid until near the end of the raid and went through the resort after everyone else had been through and managed to loot a whole sqaud that, for some reason, whoever killed them didn't take 90% of their stuff. Got out with a fully modded Saiga and a wartech rig full of mags and powermags, as well as a full inventory of stuff. Guess luck is a bit of factor sometimes in this game haha..

• Like 1

Darksys0815
vor 26 Minuten schrieb Fitzky45:

3. I was definitely aware of just spamming scav runs in order to get gear and earn money but unfortunately I couldnt survive any scav runs and having to wait 20 minutes after for another scav run gets so tiring.

At this point i would recommed to do scav runs on interchange, but learn first the map. inside is hell the first times...
BUT: in 90% you spawn late. meaning you spawn with 15 may 9 minutes rest. This is your chance. The most players are away from the map and now its "rat" time :D

run oli, check death scavs, check general for loot. you found ever something . no player could clear the full oli :D may 3 or 4 but this are rare moments.

if you are full of nice loot, extract via emercom. yes, its a bit risk because exit campers...i see in unkown runs on interchange 1 exit camper. the most of players go in, loot, kill killa and leave.

the risk on this run with 10 min left is low. yes you could die. i see players they left via emercom at 1:30 minutes left. you need from ramp to exit on the right side - towards the blue wall around a minute including exit timer.

Oli is the most of time empty if late spawn, last players are in the middle or idea. oli is nice to get loot and exit fast.
remember, one battery, blue gas canister or the red....gas...forgot the name you get 50-70k. With only one of this. so if you lucky and have a big backback on your scav...and find 2,3 of such items, you could leave...150k fpr 5 minutes run, nice deal i think.

dont be greedy, less loot is better than nothing :)

have a good time in Tarkov.

Edited by Darksys0815