Sign in to follow this  
Decafeiner

Increase fall damage/change mechanic

Decafeiner

Hello,

As my squad of 3 has been taken out by a guy jumping off the roof (ROOF ! 4th floor !) of the Shoreline Resort, I am posting this on the forums...

The fact that this game allows Borderland-esque kind of gameplay while pretending to be a realistic survival FPS is astonishing. No matter how trained a PMC operator might be, jumping off the roof of a 3 story building and simply walking away after taking an ibuprofen or fixing his legs with a field surgery kit is not envisageable.

Jumping one floor down is already risky with no added weight, but can still be managed, add in the 20 to 40kg a PMC usually holds, and it makes for a nice heavy boulder falling at 17m/s. please run into a concrete wall at 60km/h and tell me how it feels.

My point is, that kind of stunt has no place in Escape from Tarkov, so please, look into this.

• Upvote 1

GrumpyFox

Jumping down from transport truck while wearing 25 KG of usual military loadout can break your leg so...