Death Recap

Smile_King

Smile_King

I'm sure its already been discussed plenty of times before, however I think it'd really benefit the game if after you die you could get a more comprehensive guide to your fight. IE if you were engaged with a single person and shot them a handful of times, and they shot you a handful of times, maybe a character map of where they were shot, and where you were shot so you can better understand what happened during the fight with informatics on if you took fragmentation damage as well, what gun you were killed with with what ammo etc. And then a Death cam as well from your shooters point of view. However the death cam would only be available after waiting 30 seconds, that way if say youre in a squad, you dont have access to unfair information that might otherwise change the outcome of a fight. If you got sniped, you wouldnt be able to immediately tell your team "hey theyre hiding in the rocks close to xyz". It would also force exit campers on some maps, and snipers to regularly adjust their position as well keeping the game fluid. Not to mention, it would force cheating players out into the daylight, an easy tool that could be easily recorded and sent in to be reviewed. 

Edited by Smile_King
Thormato

Yes there is going to be a more detailed Death Review
and i wont even comment on the killcam, because that is the worst post i saw on it yet

Smile_King
4 hours ago, Thormato said:

and i wont even comment on the killcam, because that is the worst post i saw on it yet

Well I'd appreciate it if you explained what your issue is with it? The idea is to have a discussion to find an optimal idea. You aren't really saying or helping anything with that remark. 

Koalapuncha

The whole concept of kill cam destroys the hardcore aspect of this game. poo ive died so many times i wish i knew where he was and how it happened but like wise ive sniped guys and sat on the same spot for the next 10 mins doing the same thing. Kill cam ruins every bit of hardcore about this game. You dont get a kill cam in real life

Smile_King
14 minutes ago, Koalapuncha said:

The whole concept of kill cam destroys the hardcore aspect of this game. poo ive died so many times i wish i knew where he was and how it happened but like wise ive sniped guys and sat on the same spot for the next 10 mins doing the same thing. Kill cam ruins every bit of hardcore about this game. You dont get a kill cam in real life

How does it ruin the hardcore aspect? It doesnt interfere with that current game whatsoever. Its a great way to catch people who are hacking as well. 

Thormato
7 hours ago, Smile_King said:

Well I'd appreciate it if you explained what your issue is with it? The idea is to have a discussion to find an optimal idea. You aren't really saying or helping anything with that remark. 

i wont, there are 100 posts about killcams, inform yourself

3 hours ago, Smile_King said:

How does it ruin the hardcore aspect? It doesnt interfere with that current game whatsoever. Its a great way to catch people who are hacking as well. 

This excuse still cracks me up... a killcam wont do anything more than what you currently can do ( recording yourself )  to catch cheaters. Unless the cheater is being too obvious and in that case you will most likely "catch" him with a recording of your own... if the cheater knows how to lay low, then your killcam will be useless.

GassperUK
12 hours ago, Thormato said:

I don't think the killcam is such a bad idea if it's implemented correctly... for example, you can only view your death when the raid has ended so you can't give always the opponents position etc. It would definitely let us battle the cheaters a bit more, and would give you a new way of learning 

Thormato
10 minutes ago, GassperUK said:

I don't think the killcam is such a bad idea if it's implemented correctly... for example, you can only view your death when the raid has ended so you can't give always the opponents position etc. It would definitely let us battle the cheaters a bit more, and would give you a new way of learning 

yea, but that isnt all to it

Smile_King
8 hours ago, GassperUK said:

Actually that sounds a lot better, if you had suspicion the ability to check is all you'd really need it wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be immediate. After raid/After all PMC's extract would work pretty well imo. 

8 hours ago, opiat3 said:

This excuse still cracks me up... a killcam wont do anything more than what you currently can do ( recording yourself )  to catch cheaters. Unless the cheater is being too obvious and in that case you will most likely "catch" him with a recording of your own... if the cheater knows how to lay low, then your killcam will be useless.

You can currently record your point of view, thats it. If you can record the point of view from whoever kills you, you can catch a LOT more. Its why games that use an overwatch feature like CS put you in the perspective of the suspect. You can watch people trace through walls, you can watch kills that would ordinarily happen out of the players line of sight, depending on the situation you could even catch some of the rare flying cheats as well. Not everyone records their gameplay, this would give you a chance to wait until the raid is over, open OBS back up if you have suspicion, and record it yourself with a LOT more information. 

GassperUK
On 3/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, opiat3 said:

How are you expecting to see someone lock onto your head if you can't see his point of view? The kill cam gives another possible way of catching the cheater out...