Dual Wielding pistols

BrandonS101

BrandonS101

I assume this post is going to get a lot of hate as I have seen people before say it's not realistic or it would be like COD but if this is supposed to be a realistic game, if you are out of ammo in your primary and are in a close quarters situation, I would take 2 pistols over one. I've seen people say you can't be accurate which for a novice you wouldn't but professionals can dual wield pistols and hit almost every single bullet as seen in the clip below. I think if they did add this you would have to be really inaccurate at the beginning until you hit 8-10 or higher levels. Also, they would have to allow us to buy another holster which would be very nice and something I think they should add farther down the road. Obviously they have way more important issues right now but this would be nice when the game is close to complete. If they decide to not add a second holster they could allow to just hold the second pistol in your hand like in Day-Z which makes sense. If i can have both primary's on my back and a pistol in my holster why can't I hold another gun?

I do think a second holster would be cool, but if you die and don't get insurance back then you would have to buy another. 

• Sad 1
BrandonS101
1 minute ago, Thormato said:

I cant deny that running trough dorms, dual wielding a Five seven sounds like a lot of fun

That's what I'm saying. Primary's will still probably have the advantage and if it's too strong they can neft it a little 

BrandonS101
Just now, Shuiy said:

Dual wielding sawed off shotguns in CQC would be amazing

Now your talking! If they are trying to make a realistic game they should but that would piss so many people off lol

Thormato

The problem is, how are you gonna aim? If you have 2 Pistols, you should be able to aim trough the left iron sight and trough the right iron sights seperatly, else it would be arcade shooter like.
I guess you could cycle trough the 3 States of Aiming, both, left ,and right, like you would switch between scopes, but the work bsg would have to put into it to make it smooth and make all the animations for it, i am not sure if taht would be worth it
Next problem is reloading, you have 2 weapons in your hand, if you press r, does it reload both? does it reload one? how do you tell the game which gun to reload?
same with Switching Firemode, Checking Magazines, ....
you see? there are a lot of problems coming along with that feature

and then there is the realistic part, you may be able to aim and hit with 2 Pistols, but that isnt the issue here
It would take way to long to reload both weapons, you cant just fast eject the magazin, grab it, take an other one and put it in, you would have to either drop the magazin ( = magazin lost on the ground), somehow grab an other magazin while holding the other weapon and put it in the Gun, not rly worth the time and effort, for having a second pistol

You cant possibly have the same Accuracy with 2 Pistols as with 1, and for a realistic Situation , you want your first 3 Shots to be deadly (Body body head), so Accuracy is more important than RPM.

So yea, may be fun, but not easy to implement and not worth using
(your imagination and the final implementation would be miles apart, i guarntee it)

Edited by Thormato
  • Upvote 1
Demonslayer1246

I think it is a good idea, but like you said, a professional would be able to do it. Using guns over time will make you familiar with them in the game so, if you use pistols enough, maybe that could be the end goal. Then you can progress and get better using dual pistols. Scavs definitely should not have that ability, but PMC's would be most likely to be able to do it. It would take forever to reload but, a bigger magazine would make it worth having two. Putting them away would also be difficult. This should be something that comes way later. There are enough bugs in the game as there is. They should worry about it after launch. I personally think they should add more guns.

Thormato
2 minutes ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

Scavs definitely should not have that ability

Gj man, now i imagine some Scav shouting "Divide ma cheeks", kicking in a door and blazing you with 2 makarovs :D 

• Like 1
BrandonS101
1 minute ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

I think it is a good idea, but like you said, a professional would be able to do it. Using guns over time will make you familiar with them in the game so, if you use pistols enough, maybe that could be the end goal. Then you can progress and get better using dual pistols. Scavs definitely should not have that ability, but PMC's would be most likely to be able to do it. It would take forever to reload but, a bigger magazine would make it worth having two. Putting them away would also be difficult. This should be something that comes way later. There are enough bugs in the game as there is. They should worry about it after launch. I personally think they should add more guns.

I actually read on a similar post that scavs would make the most sense since they are kind of like gansters but yeah if you aren't ranking up that skill its going to be really inaccurate. I do agree there is a lot more important issues that's why I said it's only a suggestion to look at when they are close to open world release or even after

BrandonS101
20 minutes ago, Thormato said:

The problem is, how are you gonna aim? If you have 2 Pistols, you should be able to aim trough the left iron sight and trough the right iron sights seperatly, else it would be arcade shooter like.
I guess you could cycle trough the 3 States of Aiming, both, left ,and right, like you would switch between scopes, but the work bsg would have to put into it to make it smooth and make all the animations for it, i am not sure if taht would be worth it
Next problem is reloading, you have 2 weapons in your hand, if you press r, does it reload both? does it reload one? how do you tell the game which gun to reload?
same with Switching Firemode, Checking Magazines, ....
you see? there are a lot of problems coming along with that feature

and then there is the realistic part, you may be able to aim and hit with 2 Pistols, but that isnt the issue here
It would take way to long to reload both weapons, you cant just fast eject the magazin, grab it, take an other one and put it in, you would have to either drop the magazin ( = magazin lost on the ground), somehow grab an other magazin while holding the other weapon and put it in the Gun, not rly worth the time and effort, for having a second pistol

You cant possibly have the same Accuracy with 2 Pistols as with 1, and for a realistic Situation , you want your first 3 Shots to be deadly (Body body head), so Accuracy is more important than RPM.

So yea, may be fun, but not easy to implement and not worth using
(your imagination and the final implementation would be miles apart, i guarntee it)

Yes I agree, there would be a lot of issues which would require the gun to probably have a lot more buttons maybe like r reloads left rr reloads right and holding r reloads both, stuff like that. I get there are a lot more important issues thats why this should only be done a lot later on in the development but it would be cool. Hell, people run around with hatchets all game. Some people would role play with the dual pistols. I just think it would be a cool idea and adds to the amount of play styles. Like someone said about dorms with dual wields could actually be viable option and if it sucks it only affects us.

Demonslayer1246
5 minutes ago, Thormato said:

Gj man, now i imagine some Scav shouting "Divide ma cheeks", kicking in a door and blazing you with 2 makarovs :D 

Lol

Thormato
6 minutes ago, BrandonS101 said:

I actually read on a similar post that scavs would make the most sense since they are kind of like gansters but yeah if you aren't ranking up that skill its going to be really inaccurate. I do agree there is a lot more important issues that's why I said it's only a suggestion to look at when they are close to open world release or even after

Scavs arent gangsters, they are scavengers, you even could call them "Rats"

Edited by Thormato
Demonslayer1246
5 minutes ago, BrandonS101 said:

I think of scavs more like a person that is defending themselves in a break-in or something. They aren't very smart or skilled when fighting (mostly because they never bring good things with them aside from the one chance that you get a great scav), but they try to fight. I'd consider gangsters smart and they know their guns and what to bring.

1 minute ago, Thormato said:

I'd consider them vultures. 

BrandonS101
13 minutes ago, Thormato said:

12 minutes ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

I think of scavs more like a person that is defending themselves in a break-in or something. They aren't very smart or skilled when fighting (mostly because they never bring good things with them aside from the one chance that you get a great scav), but they try to fight. I'd consider gangsters smart and they know their guns and what to bring.

I'd consider them vultures. 

Yeah but rats and vultures don't kill things, I feel like scavs just wait for you to be at your most vulnerable moment and then they attack and take yo sh!t

Demonslayer1246
1 minute ago, BrandonS101 said:

Yeah but rats and vultures don't kill things, I feel like scavs just wait for you to be at your most vulnerable moment and then they attack and take yo sh!t

That is how people play them. You are supposed to go in and only fight when necessary. Hence the name "Scavs". They take loot from the dead and fight who fight back or they fight PMCs. Vultures do attack living animals from time to time if they don't get much food. That is why I consider them vultures. Vultures often attack dying or hurt animals as well.

• Like 1
BrandonS101
Just now, Demonslayer1246 said:

That is how people play them. You are supposed to go in and only fight when necessary. Hence the name "Scavs". They take loot from the dead and fight who fight back or they fight PMCs. Vultures do attack living animals from time to time if they don't get much food. That is why I consider them vultures. Vultures often attack dying or hurt animals as well.

Fair enough, thanks for the info

Demonslayer1246
Just now, BrandonS101 said:

Fair enough, thanks for the info

You still have a great idea. I never thought of allowing players to use two pistols at once in this game. It would flow smoothly I think. I'd think that people would do anything to kill others for survival. That would include using dual pistols.

BrandonS101
Just now, Demonslayer1246 said:

You still have a great idea. I never thought of allowing players to use two pistols at once in this game. It would flow smoothly I think. I'd think that people would do anything to kill others for survival. That would include using dual pistols.

Yeah I think it would make more play styles and be cool to use in certain situations. I also think if people are going to run around the entire time with a knife/hatchet you can't really tell people how to play.

Demonslayer1246

Yeah I think it would make more play styles and be cool to use in certain situations. I also think if people are going to run around the entire time with a knife/hatchet you can't really tell people how to play.

Well, in a apocalyptic environment, anything is viable. Glass shards, cans of beef, knives, vehicles, sharp metal, etc. They won't add cans of beef or metal that is on the ground because that is a lot of work and some people won't understand that you can literally bash someone's head in with a can of beef and kill/knock them out. I am surprised that we can't get knocked out by impacts like bullets or blunt weapons in this game. 

BrandonS101
1 minute ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

Well, in a apocalyptic environment, anything is viable. Glass shards, cans of beef, knives, vehicles, sharp metal, etc. They won't add cans of beef or metal that is on the ground because that is a lot of work and some people won't understand that you can literally bash someone's head in with a can of beef and kill/knock them out. I am surprised that we can't get knocked out by impacts like bullets or blunt weapons in this game. 

I agree that would be cool, but for most people that would be pointless unless the economy really got that hard lol which would be cool but would turn a lot of people off. I think Day-Z has that but I feel like that would just anger plays getting knocked out just waiting to be killed.

Edited by BrandonS101
Demonslayer1246

I agree that would be cool, but for most people that would be pointless unless the economy really got that hard lol which would be cool but would turn a lot of people off. I think Day-Z has that but I feel like that would just anger plays getting knocked out just waiting to be killed.

In Dayz, you get knocked out for a minute or two. In real life, it would be way longer. Which means that the doors in Escape from Tarkov would close and you should be considered MIA (which only happens if you don't escape in time). It would be like killing them but the game won't tell you till you are dead or not. It would probably consider you MIA even if the game hasn't ended. You do get knocked out if you lose a lot of blood or you run out of fluids which wouldn't necessarily kill you unless it was really bad. Overall, being knocked out would be like being dead but it would be considered MIA. It should be added into the game. They should also allow you to use almost anything as a weapon, but I doubt that would be acceptable to everyone because you would knock them out with something and then continue to loot or bash their head in till they look dead enough. 

Demonslayer1246
23 minutes ago, Kthelmir said:

Only if i am allowed to dualwield M60s and they implement a red headband and naked torso option.

I'd also like to dual wield lever action shotguns with unlimited range that can shoot across the map. 

Thormato

This escalated way to quickly dayum, Tarkov isnt an apocalyptic environment guys, you should read a bit of the lore

And getting knocked out is a planned feature with the new medical system