Not a single craftable recipe is profitable?

I finally got all the crafting stuff in hideout to lvl 3. And I glanced over them, knowing the worth of most items... I dont see a single profitable recipe. On the contrary... I would even make a loss on most of them. So what is the point? I know it is late wipe and stuff gets cheaper... But it should never go at a loss after a production process, thats crazy xD Even if you only use things you collected in raids... just vendoring those items would turn more profit than turning it into something else.

If I missed a profitable recipe let me know. workshop, nutrition, med station, anything profitable.

Much apreciated to whoever elaborates on this topic.

BanditMaka

Green Gunpowder is worth, obviously ammo boxes are as well.

Beyond that there are a few more (like certain meds) but it's usually so low in profit it isn't worth the time.

Definitely needs a re balance, but it's so new and needing to be balanced along side flee, it's to be expected.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, BanditMaka said:

Green Gunpowder is worth, obviously ammo boxes are as well.

Beyond that there are a few more (like certain meds) but it's usually so low in profit it isn't worth the time.

Definitely needs a re balance, but it's so new and needing to be balanced along side flee, it's to be expected.

I dont think this has anything to do with a rebalance. This is the result of the players crashing the economy. Putting stuff on flea way too cheap. This could also be the result of bots just scraping the market clean for any rouble of profit they can (my money is on this).

I have checked the meds, for example it is cheaper to buy an IFAK straight of the fleamarket.

I'll take a culculator to check the ammo, but at first glance im pretty sure any profit would be neglectible and thus not worth the time and fuel.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the ammo. There is some profit to be made there.

Edited by xili84
MrSmellybeard
1 hour ago, xili84 said:

This could also be the result of bots just scraping the market clean for any rouble of profit they can (my money is on this).

I think bots are more prevalent than some might think. Sure the hot items go pretty quickly, but pick something obscure that isn't terribly useful for anything and list it at a decent discount from the current going rate. It sells almost immediately. I find this very odd behaviour. Not 100% proof of bots, just odd that something nobody should care about is bought up so fast.

Anyway, as folks have pointed out, ammo is a profitable craft. Additionally, if you use Expeditionary Fuel Containers as your fuel source, you can use the spent containers to craft a magazine case from your lavatory. This is generally good profit. It's a decent amount if you guy the fuel for under 70k off the market too, but the price of those has gone way up as more and more folks have leveled up their hideouts.

Edited by MrSmellybeard
BanditMaka

@xili84I was thinking Salewas or med piles, but aren't ifaks like 12-15k full (maybe just the hours I play) and you get 2 for 20-24Ks worth of investment (provided generator running anyway). So it is cheaper to make, and use, but to sell just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Ammo is ammo for sure, most broken part of traders and flee.

But I do think it's balance. Some of the crafts are based on how scarce they want things to be, not how scarce they are.
Clin wiper is cheap as chips, and look at what it takes to make 1. But it's an ammo trade.
You can see that same thought process run through a lot of the trades/crafts for trades, esp, the ammo ones.

It's super new, it will go through a lot of changes.

Edited by BanditMaka
Keebenhausen

wtf are u on about man? M995 is making me bank. Easily 400k a day without even min-maxing it.

AP-20 slugs is ok

SP-6 is good

M61 is decent

Just don't undercut with 100+R per bullet.

Ghostninja49
1 minute ago, Pozhiva said:

2 powercords 12-20k each to make 8 wires has been profitable for a long time. Wires used to be 14k each now it's around 8-9k each

This is easy money. Beat me to posting it!

Also if you have a booze generator and water collector at a high level you can make moonshine. Moonshine is probably easy 100K profit. 60K for the sugar plus maybe another 50K for the water filter to create purified water i think? so 110K for 250K. Prices are rough estimates of what I've seen.

I believe the 2 M67 grenades and smoke grenade craft in to a.. green gunpowder?(i may be thinking of something else with the outcome) is also profit, but it's around 30k rubles. 

• 11 months later...
TarkovCitizen4431498

I use the workbench to craft AP20 or Wires. Booze generator for Moonshine.
Lavatory I constantly use to make bleach for the blackjack 50 barter.

medstation is good for propital. Use a goldenstar and ibuprofen in raid till they have 1 use left and use it to make propital.

All in all a pretty decent profit per day.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
StuDaBaiker

This is how the game is meant to be. It's BS IMO but BSG is constantly altering profitable recipes until they are break even or negative value. I feel like they see it as a way to craft quest items and want it to be completely useless outside of that. 

Kthelmir

To be fair it wouldn't be bad if crafting would not be profitable at all. In an ideal world lots of thing we can buy on mass should be found in raid only and crafting should be a way for us to produce things we need for ourselfs not primarily to sell them to others.

Bitcoins should also not be a tradable item, they should be a 4th currency that is build up over time but never has a physical component to it. It should simply accumulate in your wallet and could be used for a Trader that offers highly sought after items. Pretty much all the cool toys that are top of the line, be that guns or attachments... i digress. Then you buy stuff from that trader they will bring it to your doorstep after a while. Much like the scavbox works. There could be different tiers of pricing (insurances) that you can choose to pay or your shippment could be intercepted on its way to you in parts or completely. That way alot of the current Bitcoin craze would stop and people could not do moneytrades with them any longer.

It would also fit in well into the entire idea of how Tarkov and surrounding area are kinda on lockdown. Thats where outside suppliers and smugglers come in. And Bitcoin much like in the real world would be a good way to order stuff from the "black market"