Hyper Realism and the Games Health

Smile_King

Smile_King

This is just a quick question, solely based on opinions I wanted to judge how yall felt about the realism in this game. I love how this runs, its very interesting and I cant wait to see where they go with it. But at what point do you think the "hyper realism" of a game like tarkov starts to hurt itself as a game.  Where do you all cross the line? Do you all have any boundaries or things in particular you DONT want to see in the game?  

Smile_King
17 minutes ago, Thormato said:

The only boundaries should be technology, it should be as realistic as possible, thats what i payed for

So the common issues that stop games from doing that, are when games with a simple design frame like a fps run into a point where its just bogged down with a thousand small details/options/inconveniences. I'm not sure what those  would be for Tarkov, but do you ever see that as a possible issue?

Thormato

Every Game has boundaries in regard to technolgy, alone the Ai is bound to complex algorithm, if bsg would manage to make a real AI, he would get a nobel price, so yea, even Escape from tarkov has boundaries, the question is how they gonna handle them

Smile_King

Ah let me rephrase, there's been a miscommunication. I'm asking if theres a point, where in your opinion the game would be to "busy". For lack of a better term, too many things to micromanage/worry about as the game  continues to expand and move into more and more realistic territory. 

Thormato

oh, well, to be honest, that is also bound to technologie, but this time the hardware, for example, aiming with a pistol, right now you can aim straight forward, and if you want to aim to any site, you have to move your whole body, realisticly you could just put your arm to the side and shot that directions, but how are you gonna achieve that with a mouse and keyboard
so yes, there are things that just arent possible to implement, because you would need alot more controll over your ingame body, which cant be given