achase4u

I don't understand how to progress

achase4u

So here is a thought.  Is there a punishment for players that immediately kill you when you group up with them?  I grouped with a random, and he killed me first thing.

Wow.  They shouldn't be able to get my stuff.

Clanner_Jake
3 hours ago, achase4u said:

Is there a punishment for...

nope- suppose your team losses track of you and hits you and has to ditch your stuff, or you they let you die to get your stuff... don't group with randoms. if you want, you can direct message me with your discord info and we can try to group up if you wanna try to duo; i haven't played in months so i'm rusty, but we might get along and find a few fun raids. 

• Like 1

achase4u

I'll have to do this with a group.  Last 6 or so raids, dead.  Lost everything again.  No money.  Just a time waster.  Definitely must get in with groups.  Then wipe the whole server clean.  Until I feel like doing that... uninstall.

panzerbjorn
On 3/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, MoxMisanthrope said:

Holy crap. That must be awesome. Imagine a 20% survival rate? Oh to dream.

I have a 2% survival rate. 20%? You're living the dream.

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well, even though I run in 2-5 man teams regularly. Which is weird, I've been playing FPS games at comp level for over a decade now, this game doesn't play like any other FPS game I've ever played, nor does it play like any other survival game I've ever played - and I play a lot of both. Probably about 30% of the time I get team-killed by my own boys because everyone's on a hair-trigger and usually the only packs I can get are scav packs I manage to sneak out in 1/5 rat runs, so my team sees a scav pack and just instinctively shoots. Nice.

In Tarkov, it all comes down to two things: gear and skills. As you slowly level, you will at least start to get better skills. You will also occasionally get some decent gear out of scav runs, which will help you get the rare one-off success in PMC runs. But it's a brutal grind, it really is. You need to be willing to dump hundreds of hours into the game to even BEGIN to "gitgud", thousands if you want to actually start to have any success. The glitches in beta don't help at all, nor do the hackers and cheaters - and there are a lot of both to frustrate the whole experience.

I'd suggest doing what I'm doing at this point - not playing and just following the development. The game we have now is very, very far away from the intended game, and I honestly don't feel it's worth investing time at this point. Sit on your pre-order, wait for the real game, expect that day may never come because honestly the devs are kind of $#[email protected]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looongcat
On 3/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, Osirium said:

Try and get budget runs on your PMC and scavenger runs on your SCAV.

I tend do use mostly the AKS-74U for my budget runs, cheap weapon and easily modded to high ergo and low recoil (ignore the PS ammo in the image). As for rounds, I always use BT because is relatively cheap has better pen and in the Reserve runs you will find a lot of it.

Learn the usual routes, hot places where most of the PMC's go and stack/hide and for money get proper loot places sorted, stashes (for this i choose mostly Interchange and Customs).

Here's the preset for it if you or anyone wants it, like i said ignore the PS ammo xD

AK2.JPG

This thing ain't cheap..........

Looongcat

1. if you have poo ammo, dont even brother with geared guys.

2. you need to learn to survive the fist 3~5 min. 

3. always use the slowest movement possible, even that, geared guys can hear you with proper headset.

4. this game is a game is elimination, even scav run, people are looking for player scav to shoot first. 

5. If you want to take chance, only engage when they are looting. 

Osirium
16 hours ago, Looongcat said:

This thing ain't cheap..........

I consider 150k cheap for a weapon you can find in most crates or scavs, there are only 2 pieces above the 20k threshold (Zenit PT-3 Stock and the 60-round 6L31 mag) and one of them can be subbed for the cheap 30 round mags.

The weapon itself is around 13k unmodded at the time of this post....150/170k for that build is very cheap in my book, you gotta spend money to make money and that's very affordable. If you happen to leave the raid with an MCB, Filter or a M.Cable you got yourself 1/3 of the weapon paid with a 1/2 slot item.

Looongcat
16 hours ago, Osirium said:

I consider 150k cheap for a weapon you can find in most crates or scavs, there are only 2 pieces above the 20k threshold (Zenit PT-3 Stock and the 60-round 6L31 mag) and one of them can be subbed for the cheap 30 round mags.

The weapon itself is around 13k unmodded at the time of this post....150/170k for that build is very cheap in my book, you gotta spend money to make money and that's very affordable. If you happen to leave the raid with an MCB, Filter or a M.Cable you got yourself 1/3 of the weapon paid with a 1/2 slot item.

my whole load out is 150K...

50K armor, 30K helmet, Gun 30K... Meds 20K,  ammo ...etc... 20K

Osirium
3 hours ago, Looongcat said:

my whole load out is 150K...

50K armor, 30K helmet, Gun 30K... Meds 20K,  ammo ...etc... 20K

150k for the whole loadout isnt exactly competitive nor will help you on 1vs1.

50k for armor and 30k for a helmet? You are spending almost as much on the helmet in comparison to armor which is where you should invest your money on and good ammo.

You are taking level 3 armors to fight against level 4+ and probably bad ammo considering even the mid tier 7.62x39 BT costs 300 rubles per bullet, let along the BS of the same type which jumps up to almost 900 rubles per bullet.

My loadout is around the 600/700k, I make my meds and some bullets which I sell to buy better ones and what I scavenge I take into my next raid if its usable (meds, armor, ammo etc) and only now Im being able to at least win some 2vs1 or 1vs1 trades depending on the situation.

Just dont expect to do much if you are only taking level 3 stuff against better geared opponents.

• Like 1

Looongcat
7 hours ago, Osirium said:

150k for the whole loadout isnt exactly competitive nor will help you on 1vs1.

50k for armor and 30k for a helmet? You are spending almost as much on the helmet in comparison to armor which is where you should invest your money on and good ammo.

You are taking level 3 armors to fight against level 4+ and probably bad ammo considering even the mid tier 7.62x39 BT costs 300 rubles per bullet, let along the BS of the same type which jumps up to almost 900 rubles per bullet.

My loadout is around the 600/700k, I make my meds and some bullets which I sell to buy better ones and what I scavenge I take into my next raid if its usable (meds, armor, ammo etc) and only now Im being able to at least win some 2vs1 or 1vs1 trades depending on the situation.

Just dont expect to do much if you are only taking level 3 stuff against better geared opponents.

Poor bro.no money...

achase4u

This game makes me want to scream.

• Like 1

YellowDrax

If you are new, there is only two play styles to choose from.

If you want to get loot by killing other players then: Buy a mosin/Vepr. Both guns are dirt cheap. Then look up the best ammo that you can afford. You don't need to go crazy but you should still aim to spend around 20-30k on bullets. The thing is, neither the Vepr nor Mosin eat ammo. It only takes about 2-3 shots from both to kill even a geared player with the correct ammo so don't skimp on it. Keep the bullets in your safebox. Basically, in the case of the mosin, you want 6 in the gun, 5 in your pocket, then 20 in your safebox. In the case of the Vepr, you want a mag in the gun, a mag in the pocket and 20 bullets in your safebox for refilling your mags after a fight. The beauty of this kit is it's so cheap but still competitive. You want to stick a scope on the mosin because as it is bolt action, you need to hit your shots and have distance between you and your target. With the Vepr, you can choose between a scope or a sight as that gun can be used in long and short ranged. If you are really THAT poor you don't even need anything else except for a ifak or something to heal up in your safebox. Just make sure you see your enemy first and you kill them before they know what is happening. Then you can pick up their kit and run with it. If you run just the gun, some bullets and nothing else, each run will cost you <50k and you can take out even lvl5 geared players provided you get the headshot.

The other play style is to avoid conflict like the plague. Grab a pistol, nothing else, a backpack and low tier armor. Don't need a helmet if you don't want it. Doesn't matter what ammo you use either. Avoid conflict areas, the pistol is for self defense against scavs (you can also go after them since they provide guns to use or sell and there's always the chance of a lab card) and concentrate on looting hidden caches (on some loot maps) and other random trash you can find. Find yourself getting killed by Snipers? I'll let you into a secret. Go night raids. There are far less geared players in the night and the dark makes long ranging sniping extremely rare. You are far harder to spot too, even with some NVG's. Shoreline is the best for this, but Customs works too. But keep to cover and never stay still in cover. (Also, if you get the closest spawn to Dorms on Customs, it's possible to loot marked room [provided you have the key] and get out of there before the geared guys arrive. The marked room has a ridiculously high chance of spawning a weapons case which sells for over a million. It's one spawn out of many, but it can happen, and if you bring 7k on you, you can escape with the car. It's possible to get over a million and leave in under 2 minutes but it relies on a lot of luck and preparation.)

Remember to do Scav raids too. Go Factory if: You want combat experience. There's also a chance you get lucky, spawn in late in the raid and there is nobody there but you and a sea of dead PMC's and Scavs. Go Customs if you want to try your luck again. Dorms and gas station usually offers a body or two to loot, though it is dangerous. I also managed to kill Veritaz as a Scav today for a total loot worth over 500k.

If you are so poor that you are considering hatchet running, don't. You'll just die a lot, lose all your health and have to spend it on meds. What you should do instead is play the market. Trade with therapist/Skier/Prapor in that order and look at what prices they are offering you for some of your stuff. You will usually find a scope that Skier is willing to buy for a couple of grand more than what it is on the flea market. Buy the cheap ones, sell them all, and rinse and repeat. I didn't really feel like playing one night so I started trading instead. Went from 300k to buying a weapons case and back up to over a million rubles in an hour or two. It's ridiculously easy to make a profit on the market that I don't mind dying anymore despite being a new player myself. I probably make more money from trading than I do from doing raids and I don't think I am even that bad. I have a survival rate of 27% and a KDR of 3.

achase4u

So here

On 4/7/2020 at 9:01 PM, YellowDrax said:

If you are new, there is only two play styles to choose from.

If you want to get loot by killing other players then: Buy a mosin/Vepr. Both guns are dirt cheap. Then look up the best ammo that you can afford. You don't need to go crazy but you should still aim to spend around 20-30k on bullets. The thing is, neither the Vepr nor Mosin eat ammo. It only takes about 2-3 shots from both to kill even a geared player with the correct ammo so don't skimp on it. Keep the bullets in your safebox. Basically, in the case of the mosin, you want 6 in the gun, 5 in your pocket, then 20 in your safebox. In the case of the Vepr, you want a mag in the gun, a mag in the pocket and 20 bullets in your safebox for refilling your mags after a fight. The beauty of this kit is it's so cheap but still competitive. You want to stick a scope on the mosin because as it is bolt action, you need to hit your shots and have distance between you and your target. With the Vepr, you can choose between a scope or a sight as that gun can be used in long and short ranged. If you are really THAT poor you don't even need anything else except for a ifak or something to heal up in your safebox. Just make sure you see your enemy first and you kill them before they know what is happening. Then you can pick up their kit and run with it. If you run just the gun, some bullets and nothing else, each run will cost you <50k and you can take out even lvl5 geared players provided you get the headshot.

The other play style is to avoid conflict like the plague. Grab a pistol, nothing else, a backpack and low tier armor. Don't need a helmet if you don't want it. Doesn't matter what ammo you use either. Avoid conflict areas, the pistol is for self defense against scavs (you can also go after them since they provide guns to use or sell and there's always the chance of a lab card) and concentrate on looting hidden caches (on some loot maps) and other random trash you can find. Find yourself getting killed by Snipers? I'll let you into a secret. Go night raids. There are far less geared players in the night and the dark makes long ranging sniping extremely rare. You are far harder to spot too, even with some NVG's. Shoreline is the best for this, but Customs works too. But keep to cover and never stay still in cover. (Also, if you get the closest spawn to Dorms on Customs, it's possible to loot marked room [provided you have the key] and get out of there before the geared guys arrive. The marked room has a ridiculously high chance of spawning a weapons case which sells for over a million. It's one spawn out of many, but it can happen, and if you bring 7k on you, you can escape with the car. It's possible to get over a million and leave in under 2 minutes but it relies on a lot of luck and preparation.)

Remember to do Scav raids too. Go Factory if: You want combat experience. There's also a chance you get lucky, spawn in late in the raid and there is nobody there but you and a sea of dead PMC's and Scavs. Go Customs if you want to try your luck again. Dorms and gas station usually offers a body or two to loot, though it is dangerous. I also managed to kill Veritaz as a Scav today for a total loot worth over 500k.

If you are so poor that you are considering hatchet running, don't. You'll just die a lot, lose all your health and have to spend it on meds. What you should do instead is play the market. Trade with therapist/Skier/Prapor in that order and look at what prices they are offering you for some of your stuff. You will usually find a scope that Skier is willing to buy for a couple of grand more than what it is on the flea market. Buy the cheap ones, sell them all, and rinse and repeat. I didn't really feel like playing one night so I started trading instead. Went from 300k to buying a weapons case and back up to over a million rubles in an hour or two. It's ridiculously easy to make a profit on the market that I don't mind dying anymore despite being a new player myself. I probably make more money from trading than I do from doing raids and I don't think I am even that bad. I have a survival rate of 27% and a KDR of 3.

Thank you for taking the time to explain these methods.

I have to have some gunplay, so I go with method 1 I suppose.

Here is my current philosphy.

I never, ever can allow myself to jump back into a raid with my PMC after getting killed.  I'm always pissed because 9/10 times its something stupid that gets me killed.  Like the sound coming from in front of me I swear, then they just walk up behind me and shoot me in the head.

If I jump back in, I play horribly.  It takes an insane amount of focus and calm to get loot, win fights and also escape.  If you can't do all three in a raid, there is no point to playing.

The other part now is that if I lose (like I just did more on that in a minute) I lose my things, but refuse to spend the money I have built up replacing what I just lost.  So I scav run for gear, sell it and replace my gear with that.  Otherwise I'm just emptying the bank all the time.

I have noticed that I can't get enough smooth frames with my 1070 to fight well.  I put everything down to zero, no AA or anything, and I am much more able to get shots on target.

I tried adding TAA and vsync because the game looked horrid, but I just lost a fight for not being able to track the player. I had the drop on him and everything.  Then he responded like a little cutie by lobbing 3 grenades at me(valid tactic) instead of fighting with little old me. He was geared as ****.  Bastard.

I need to try the as val as i never have before.  That might be my ticket.

Is the game supposed to run so badly on a 1070?

Osirium
31 minutes ago, achase4u said:

So here

Thank you for taking the time to explain these methods.

I have to have some gunplay, so I go with method 1 I suppose.

Here is my current philosphy.

I never, ever can allow myself to jump back into a raid with my PMC after getting killed.  I'm always pissed because 9/10 times its something stupid that gets me killed.  Like the sound coming from in front of me I swear, then they just walk up behind me and shoot me in the head.

If I jump back in, I play horribly.  It takes an insane amount of focus and calm to get loot, win fights and also escape.  If you can't do all three in a raid, there is no point to playing.

The other part now is that if I lose (like I just did more on that in a minute) I lose my things, but refuse to spend the money I have built up replacing what I just lost.  So I scav run for gear, sell it and replace my gear with that.  Otherwise I'm just emptying the bank all the time.

I have noticed that I can't get enough smooth frames with my 1070 to fight well.  I put everything down to zero, no AA or anything, and I am much more able to get shots on target.

I tried adding TAA and vsync because the game looked horrid, but I just lost a fight for not being able to track the player. I had the drop on him and everything.  Then he responded like a little cutie by lobbing 3 grenades at me(valid tactic) instead of fighting with little old me. He was geared as ****.  Bastard.

I need to try the as val as i never have before.  That might be my ticket.

Is the game supposed to run so badly on a 1070?

If you want some options on optimizing your Nvidia GPU check this thread out, maybe it will help:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/125049-if-you-want-to-play-at-your-refresh-rate-look-this/

As for the rest, what YellowDrax said is pretty much on point.

Most of my money comes from raids actually and a little market tactics (depends on what you have to sell).

For example my last raid as a scav I netted 1xGraphic Card (320k), 1xSG-C10 (110k), 2xMilitaryFilter (44k a piece), 1xMotor (50k), 1xBrokenLCD (27k) and 1xWaterFilter (84k)....which leads to 679k and thats without the weapons, bag and other minor stuff.

Like I said previously, my Scav Runs are mostly on Reserve and using the "invisible tactic" (move, hide, wait, hence and repeat) only engaging if its necessary or if a good opportunity presents itself (safe distance to a target running on open field for example) and scavaging alot.

I usually go for 3 buildings on which I know 2 of them might spawn Raiders and Boss, check it (without going too close or they will kill you) and marked rooms cause people tend to fight alot on those spots so there's always some loot on dead bodies. I'll give you a tip, if you find yourself facing Boss and Raiders on the building in front of the Chopper in pawn area, just go around and hug the wall till you get to the grenade launcher (bunker on the corner) and spam it on the building. Go in, check if dead and loot as you please....thats what I did 3 raids ago and netted all the loot from the boss (full gear, weapons, grenades).

As for PMC runs, I usually go Customs cause I feel confortable on the map already. I know all the hidden stashes either for loot or loot exp (aswell as leveling search skill), I know boss spawns and usual Scav routes and of course where I might encounter other PMC's depending on the raid time.

As for sound I highly recomend switching to stereo sound if you are using Dolby Surround, with Dolby I have alot of issues knowing where the sound is coming from but when I switch to Stereo its way easier.

achase4u

So I took a break because I was busy with other things and came back. I found a new method I like.  Just going in with a knife.  I had a killer round just now, but of course because this game is brutal, and beta, it effed me.  For some reason there were no other players in the server.  I went to RUAF roadblock to extract.  The counter kept coming up but I couldn't leave.  Then a scav spawned behind me, like 3 ft behind me from inside a wall, and one tapped me.  I was stuffed to the gills with great stuff.  Oh well.  Still got the exp from like 15 scav kills.

Argh.