Casual Players want SP / COOP support!

Yeavo
39 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Not "Casual players want SP and COOP" but just ppl who bought EFT without knowing what they buy. 

Oh don't get me wrong, BSG has made it clear there isn't going to be SP or COOP that effects your PMCs progress. I believe that "offline" COOP with friends is going to be a thing but there will be no character progress, just like the offline mode we have now.

I was more interested in discussion why people feel EfT needs a SP/CooP -mode. Other than: "Haha ducking casual loser noob learn to read hahahaha git gud" that is.

SOVERElGN

It's fun to see that some casual players came here to ask for some simplifications made to the game, lol. Why on earth you would join EFT if you consider yourself as casual? It's a hard to learn and pain to master kind of game, at least meant to be when it's finished. Why would devs should make a completely different game just because it's too complex for casuals? It's a niche product designed not for casuals. All casuals should probably avoid this game in the first place. But if they decide to try be ready to struggle and learn.

22 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

I believe that "offline" COOP with friends is going to be a thing but there will be no character progress, just like the offline mode we have now.

Correct, devs talked about that same way.

Edited by SOVERElGN
paracelsus1981

In all my years being a climber I have never seen people demanding that the route setters give beginners a ledder because the routes are to hard. The attitude...-.- It´s frikkn sad.

• Sad 1
S5_Mr_Wiggle
10 hours ago, SOVERElGN said:

It's fun to see that some casual players came here to ask for some simplifications made to the game, lol. Why on earth you would join EFT if you consider yourself as casual? It's a hard to learn and pain to master kind of game, at least meant to be when it's finished. Why would devs should make a completely different game just because it's too complex for casuals? It's a niche product designed not for casuals. All casuals should probably avoid this game in the first place. But if they decide to try be ready to struggle and learn.

Correct, devs talked about that same way.

4 hours ago, Ruecklicht said:

In all my years being a climber I have never seen people demanding that the route setters give beginners a ledder because the routes are to hard. The attitude...-.- It´s frikkn sad.

get rid of emergency surgery kits, make pain killers not allow you to run on broken legs, cant hold two handed weapons with blacked arm, bandeges/ medkits dont immediately stop bleeds and health is gradually gained back slowly after use. if you have two black limbs you cannot use any weapon or heal yourself actually you cant do anything with two blacked limbs,  crowbar to unhelmet head forces your character to stumble you cannot aim or fire weapon for 2 seconds after being hit.

i can go on for the pure hard core but you would cutie if they fallowed this route since rats would win 99% of the gun fights since your character actually behaves like a human instead of terminator.

chrisragnar
On 8/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, LiveYourDream said:

For you. There are more people out there, you know?

Yes, but really it's like saying "I some people don't like football, so FIFA should add a rally mode where we can race cars instead" 

If you don't like that there will be PvP sometimes, tarkov is not your game. There are other coop looter shooters that don't have PvP.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish this too - I would love to have a separate PMC and have just PVE (but with progression). Perhaps more AI-scavs and bosses (and AI generally perhaps better geared/skilled). 

Why? There are other games - why not go play them?

Because EFT has so many aspects that I haven't found anywhere else and it just is so awesome.

1. The sounds and small animations - they are just pure awesome.

2. The realism - the instant death, no bullet sponging, no crosshairs in screen - gun handling, lighting.. and so many other "realistic" aspects

3. There is so much to do (off map) - quests, hideout,  gears, guns and gunmodding - specially the gunmodding, I could spend just with that so many hours and then go test them out - something I can't now (as I can't progress the quests to unlock dealers, have enough money to actually get the different modding items etc...)

4. The exploration and looting. I just love the maps, and looking around exploring - and the looting aspect (With so lot of variations in what different things you can find). I like to take my time, look around and of course the enjoyment when you find something really cool/valuable. (And then NOT get to lose it because of a hacker / 4-man TTV-bunnyrambo squad). And the occasional fights with AI are challenging enough for me - I end up dead a lot just with them. 

I can see me spending hundreds of hours in this game...

So - what's the problem? I can do all that already...

I suck at PVP. And I will not get better. I don't have time to spend 12h / day to hone my skills / learn the map and gear up my guy - and it wouldn't matter, as I'm getting old, and my reactions just aren't that good (anymore). And I play a lot solo (when ever I manage to have the time). And while I like the PVP aspect, and do like to try it now and then - it's just mostly really short experience for me. The skill and gear difference is just so big - not to mention, that while I'm solo, a lot of time I run in to others that have friends... 

And then there are the Hackers... Not gonna say anything more about those sad little muppets.

So  - when I manage to have few hours of free time and I want to play EFT, getting insta-killed by hackers or TTV-ADHD-bunnyrambos - it's just so frustrating, not my idea of enjoyment, or relaxation. 

Lot of PvP players voice their objections to this - but their opinions wont matter. It wouldn't affect them in anyway (except less easy farmable noob-kills that they can bully around). They just want a large part of the players to cater for just their enjoyment. So - as said, their opinion wont matter. 

Also - there are numerous ways to lure people to PvP side (ranked matches, unique rewards / loot etc... - even I would eventually try the PvP).

And PVE would have drawbacks as well. 

The PVE side wouldn't have fleamarket or if it would, the prices would be a lot lower - which would make the PVE side much more grindier (which - in my case - wouldn't actually be a bad thing, as I would love to spend more time on the maps etc.).  

It wouldn't also be as challenging - something that PVP side would most definitely be. 

But there is a group, whos opinions do matter - the Devs at BSG. It is their game and they have the creative rights to do whatever they want. It's also one thing that people need to realize, that should they make PVE mode possible (with progression) it wouldn't be just a simple task. They would have to spend a lot of valuable development  time and resources to do so - which would take time/money and would slow down any other development (like new maps/content, bug fixes etc. etc. ). While I think it would - business wise - in the end be a profitable move (as it would no doubt bring a lot more players to the game), in the shorter sight it would take a lot of effort and slow things down.

So  - if the BSG devs want this game to be PvP only - then they can keep it as such. I wouldn't like it personally, and it would be a shame to miss the potential - but I would respect their decision. I don't regret the money I've spent on the game, and I've enjoyed it a little - I wish I could enjoy it more, but I can't ask BSG devs just to cater my wants. 

All I can do is voice my opinions (respectfully) and hope for the best. 

And that is what I just did.

Thanks,

- F -

• Like 1