LBK_Grim_Reaper

Stuck on "Awaiting Session Start"

LBK_Grim_Reaper

Just got the game today, Loaded into Factory fine, Second game I tried I can't get past Awaiting Session Start at Customs. I've re-loaded the game, Restarted my pc and looked around for answers. All I can see is it's normally a client side issue but doesn't state what to check. My internet is 990Mbps Down and 300Mbps up with a 21 ping. Pc has an i5 8400K, 16GB ddr4 3400mhz ram, 1060 6GB, 970Evo SSD. I shouldn't have any firewall or port issues but if anyone could point me to things to try to resolve the issue that'd be awesome.

Really sucks because it counted me as joining the game even tho I was never in, Losing what I tried to load in with.

sYs

Look at the logs - they will probably have the answers you need.

If you need help diagnosing or fancy a chat [voice]  add me on discord.  sYs#7920

• Thanks 1

Stan464

Glad its not just me getting this...

This happens to me when/if:

Joing a game "Awaiting Response" or when ive been playing anywhere between 30 Seconds spawned in to about 5 Minutes in.

How i know its happening is when my Squad is running on the spot like Michael Jackson's Moonwalk.. OR! if i attempt to move an item in my Inventory, it will simply just flash..

It will then take another 30 Seconds to say "Connection Lost".

I know when a Disconnect happens and i just Express Exit with ALT & F4 as its "Quicker" and have to rejoin in the hopes im not totally F|_|cked as my char would most likely be running on the spot making poo loads of noise......

LBK_Grim_Reaper
Posted (edited)

Just an Update, Thanks to sYs for helping me resolve the issue. If anyone else is coming to this post looking for answers, the fix for me involved a few steps which I will list below. It may or may not work for you however this worked for me.

1: Verify that the BSG Launcher and Tarkov were marked as a trusted app for both Windows Firewall and my anti-virus software (Kaspersky)

2: Open Network & Internet settings

-Navigate to "Change Adapter Options"

-Right click the Internet adapter you're using to connect to the internet and select "Properties"

-Under the Networking tab Un-select "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"

-Click once on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to select it then click "Properties" which is located just below the selection area

-Under the General tab, Change from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"

-For the Preferred DNS server enter 8.8.8.8

-For the Alternate DNS server enter 8.8.4.4

-Click OK at the bottom of the window to save changes then click close on the next window.

3: Open BattleState Game Launcher

-Click Change Server right above the play button

-Select 3-5 of the best Ping and Matching time servers and apply

Now launch the game and give it a shot, This worked for me and hopefully others will find this useful in fixing their issues. Thank you once again sYv, I appreciate the help you gave me. Loving the game so far :)

Edited by LBK_Grim_Reaper
  • Thanks 1

Max123567

Hello I am getting the same issue, and have been for the past 15 days. Are there any other fixes I could try? unfortunately this one y didn't work.

• Upvote 1

-DrDank-

Just happened to me for the second time today. 30+ minutes in, still awaiting session start. It happened earlier today and I lost a FlIIR SVDS, PGNVG Slaap plate, high end armor etc. Someone joined my stream and said as a scav player he found my corpse looted everything and bounced, my dogtag just said I died. A few days ago this happened to me carrying Meta HK, GL, Exfil and slick armor, plus more good gear for a homie. Loss everything every time without ever getting into the game. GREAT BUG. Seems to be present is grouped matchmaking so maybe something to do with the harsh ping penalties? My internet is 100+mps upload/DL so id hope that would be sufficient. 

Awaiting Session Start.png

I tried the method suggested above but didn't work for me =((((

Edited by -DrDank-

-DrDank-
Posted (edited)

First game after the last one and it just happened again. I made sure everything was updated, validated game files, restarted and it happened again. My internet is ~115mbps.  This is a big bummer,  I wish there was an easy solution.  I got missing in action.

2020-09-30[23-02] (0).png

2020-09-30[23-05] (0).png

Edited by -DrDank-

About36Ninjas

Having the same issue, above fix has no effect. Tried multiple internet sources also no effect. Checked integrity, had no errors. Cleared caches also with no effect. It's a weird issue as sometimes my matches work, however, if disconnected, definitely not getting back in due to this error. Additionally, sometimes won't even load me in at all. Gets stuck on synchronizing or awaiting session start forever. Cued up with a teammate and he gets in match just fine while I'll be stuck loading forever. Going to try copying his functional game files to my computer and see if that fixes anything. Will be posting solution if found.

About36Ninjas

Hey everyone, moving a friends working game to overwrite my files seemed to do the trick. Played for a few days now with no issues. Hope this helps

• Confused 1

horizon1999
On 10/15/2020 at 3:19 AM, About36Ninjas said:

Hey everyone, moving a friends working game to overwrite my files seemed to do the trick. Played for a few days now with no issues. Hope this helps

Hey bro... did u copy all files from your friends or just some of them?

foutz

Having this same issue, have not been able to fix it. I also have an ongoing ticket with BSG they have not provided a fix. Anyone have any fixes yet?

Zeroa

@-DrDank-  @foutz  Please make sure your game launcher submitted support tickets include as much info as possible and PM me your ticket ID numbers with a brief description of the issue ASAP.

If you have not yet submitted a ticket please do so ( as well as any other time you encounter a suspected bug ) in order to get the info in front of those working to resolve the issues.  I have attached a guide on how to submit a report below.

Thanks!
Zeroa
Forum Moderator

BigHoss1701
4 hours ago, Desislavmarinov said:

I got the same problem , from last patch i cant join a PMC game . Infinity waiting ...

Same here, stuck on Matching. goes to 45 minutes then say unable to join raid. I reported it last night .

mariusamadeo

I am also having issues with awaiting session start. Started trying to load into factory fully geared. I get all the way to the deploy screen at zero seconds and then I just sit there waiting. I ctrl-alt-delete and end task and try to reload, then I get to awaiting session start. This has happened to me anytime I gear fully, it seems as though, if I gear up with mediocre and barely modded weapons, I can actually get into the raid, but not when I gear up fully chadded. I've tried everything BSG has recommended to fix the issue and nothing has helped. I'm not enjoying listening to my friends in the raid while I spend all my time awaiting session start.

Edited by mariusamadeo

tbonehec28

I am getting the same issues that mariusamadeo is having from his previous post on this thread.

Ghost1239

Same issue here. Fix did not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. Does not work... We need a fix fast please

Gvanlang

Guys,

Had the same issue since 3-4 days .. What did I change ? My outfit... Just put the USEC SOFTSHELL Jacket on Wednesday... Then, I was stucked in the "Awaiting Session Start"... Went for ALT+F4 , launched the game again, tried to reconnect... Once every two-three times it worked... If i was not killed prior to the reconnexion.. 

Yesterday night , I decided to change back to the BASIC JACKET + Trousers... Guess what? Everything back to normal ... :)

I really hope this may help you... Because, we have to help each others as long as they can not do it for us..