Rebind escape key?

turdcutt3r

Hi,

After browsing the forums I'm not seeing anything on rebinding the escape button. I currently do not have an escape key after last night, and I'm not seeing it in the keybinding sections unless I am overlooking it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Turdcutt3r

1 hour ago, Xarc said:

@turdcutt3r You don't have it physically ?, it is broken ?, you don't see it in the settings ?, your escape key works but not in Tarkov anymore ?

Try to delete the "shared.ini" file from "Documents/Escape from Tarkov/".

Sorry I should have specified. The switch got physically broken off of my keyboard last night >.>

28 minutes ago, Xarc said:

This is a tough one for you .... if you don't see the "esc" key in the settings to rebind it, you have to buy/attach another keyboard.

Thanks for the reply. I tried using the fnatic software and rebound the console button to esc, but I guess EFT doesn't recognize that re-bind 😢

9 minutes ago, TUALMASOK said:

You can reach the switch internally to trigger the key?

The clear cap is still on, but the switch is gone. I'll probably rig something until it's replaced lol. Thanks everyone!

There is XPadder to refigure keys ... I am using Logitek against my wishes which in fact I should shut off unless I need it. Sometimes key rebinds cant happen as they are unbindable and used in the game for something; always test keys before and after rebinding;save alot of heartache.

21 minutes ago, Harbingerman said:

There is XPadder to refigure keys ... I am using Logitek against my wishes which in fact I should shut off unless I need it. Sometimes key rebinds cant happen as they are unbindable and used in the game for something; always test keys before and after rebinding;save alot of heartache.

I'll check into it man thank you :).

Yeah mind you XPadder is abit complicated. tricky, a bit messy, but free I think I cant remember. I have a Logitek keyboard so I go that route first depending on your keyboard. I should have mentioned that ! (like remapping the ESC key to some unused obscure key actually so you dont hit is my accident and get blown away !).

Edited by Harbingerman
addendum