Skills Reset.

BlasphemyGames

Greetings-

I know what you're all thinking, this guy is coming to cry about the skills reset, and yes I am. Sort of... I agree that the exploiters are cheap and them maxing skills out is a bit frustrating. Especially for the honest players who grind the skills honestly with HOURS and HOURS of game play. But this reset is less about testing the overweight mechanic and more about punishing the exploiters.  Which would be fine if it didn't take so long to grind something like endurance. I just recently hit level 11 endurance and it took me AGES.  I feel like I ran all over shoreline at least a thousand times, running to exhaustion, recovering, running again, etc...  Sure the exploiters did theirs in like 10min and that's not fair.

But this roll back for EVERYONE really only punishes the legit players. We grind and grind and feel good about our small and meager gains.  Which now we will have to do all over again.  I really would prefer this just be a full wipe as opposed to a couple skills reset.  Because where as us legit players will have to start grinding countless hours away for the small quality of life things that comes with having more endurance or strength for instance.  The exploiters will not be slowed down at all. In a day or 2 they will have devised some new way to break the game and get their stats back and be back to max in no time at all. Meanwhile us legit players will be still at level 4 or 5 skill level grinding away and suffering in the trenches.

At least with a full wipe everyone is reset across the board.  The exploiters are back to square 1, gear wise as well as skill wise and everyone has to fight and claw their way to a spot in tarkov.  This is just my take on it. Happy to hear counter points or solidarity comrades speaking up about this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, TheKillerSmalls said:

Wait what? Did I miss something? Did they reset our skills?

They are resetting Endurance and Strength back to 0.  Strength so they can test their new overweight mechanic and Endurance due to an exploit that gave people max level endurance and strength in 10min.

Bit of a bummer TBH

I mean it's fine because that's what we are here for. To test these new features. I just didnt know that was happening. Going to be funny seeing all these tanked out dudes stopping for breath every few steps of sprint 😂😂😂 

Just now, TheKillerSmalls said:

I mean it's fine because that's what we are here for. To test these new features. I just didnt know that was happening. Going to be funny seeing all these tanked out dudes stopping for breath every few steps of sprint 😂😂😂 

Yeah and strength is the stat that will affect carry weight. But also having a diverse range of players with different levels of strength might also give them more data for the weight mechanic.  IMO

1 minute ago, BlasphemyGames said:

Yeah and strength is the stat that will affect carry weight. But also having a diverse range of players with different levels of strength might also give them more data for the weight mechanic.  IMO

Dont worry. There will be a diverse range of players with different skill levels in a few days after reset. Heck maybe even the day of as I'm sure they will find another exploit. You just do you man and it will all work out. You're playing for the greater good right now not for glory. That will come at 1.0 release. 

I guess I can't get over the "punish everyone for the acts of a few" stance they are taking on this.  Like I said took me hours running around shoreline to level up my endurance and it was only level 11. Still WAY off max.

I don't like feeling fat again :(

23 minutes ago, BlasphemyGames said:

I can't get over the "punish everyone for the acts of a few" stance they are taking on this

This is not actually true.

Wipes are happening not to punish players or lure back maxed out player. They are here to test new things like reworked weight system. It is necessary to restart the system to collect correct data.

On the other hand, players who are using glitches to increase skills inhumanly get account wipes when caught. It can also lead to bans in continuous offences.

7 minutes ago, SkyCloud said:

This is not actually true.

Wipes are happening not to punish players or lure back maxed out player. They are here to test new things like reworked weight system. It is necessary to restart the system to collect correct data.

On the other hand, players who are using glitches to increase skills inhumanly get account wipes when caught. It can also lead to bans in continuous offences.

Wow, do you honestly just sit here and make things up?  Do you even read the thread?  

They absolutely do NOT wipe accounts that use glitches to Max stats.  Look at any of the major streamers.  They all streamed it and even talk about it yet none of them got reset.  Get real dude.  LoL at bans for exploits for stat gains.

12 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Wow, do you honestly just sit here and make things up?  Do you even read the thread?  

They absolutely do NOT wipe accounts that use glitches to Max stats.  Look at any of the major streamers.  They all streamed it and even talk about it yet none of them got reset.  Get real dude.  LoL at bans for exploits for stat gains.

Cheesing like throwing 1000 grenades or hitting your friends all day long with melee weapons are not glitching. Falling through ground and maxing up your skills in 1 raid is not Cheesing, it is glitching.

I'm not looking forward to leveling my strength again :(

As some feedback for BSG, perhaps consider why people resort to glitching and cheesing to level these stats. Also consider the experience of those who don't. I think this system, and its pacing, could use a review.

To be honest, the whole skills system could use a review. Some of the bonuses are game breaking. I understand the desire to want to have a reward for time invested, mirroring practicing with something IRL, but it's actually not necessary. Consider the recoil mechanic. My skills are low level and I actually find the gunplay extremely engaging. Single shot you can be quite accurate, but full auto requires some physical recoil control skill (with your mouse) and a little bit of luck. Even with a fully modded gun it can be difficult to control inside of 25m. Mostly though, full auto is a suppression, scare, or close range tactic. However, as people level up their skills, recoil becomes a non-issue and every gun fires like a laser beam. It really defeats the gunplay entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlasphemyGames said:

No. It changes the way skill levels. So they want to gather new data and predict how long it will take for people to max it out.

As long as i understand the skill system is still being modified but the end gola is that NIkita want players to max out all skills in about 1-2 years of ACTIVE playing. [couple hours a day]

• Like 1

like I stated elsewhere:

setting strengh and endurance back to 0 to everyone is plain stupid, even though its a beta.

I spent many hours building theses stats legitly

I can just imagine how a lvl 69 with no more endurance and no more strengh  will receive that change

Should have been done in a wipe, I know its a beta, but countless games died from stupid changes throughout developping

sry english isnt my first language.

filter costs 477k on flea. RIP skills now and all the money invested into getting these  leveled faster. I am really disappointed. They could at least make it a 100k Item from traders now.

Both of them were actually reset because of the new weight and stamina system, not because of the exploit. They simply couldnt tune the new system on to the existing levels properly. Stop acting like some sort of victims because few idiots chose tho clitch their levels up. This reset had nothing to do with them. Or well, maybe 5% was.

7 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

Cheesing like throwing 1000 grenades or hitting your friends all day long with melee weapons are not glitching. Falling through ground and maxing up your skills in 1 raid is not Cheesing, it is glitching.

To each their own I guess.  Doing anything that is beyond the intent of the programming is glitching in my opinion.  Be it taking 4 guys in and taking turns hitting them or falling through the world.  Same thing to me.  Neither was intended by the rules.  Now paying to throw grenades?  That seems reasonable.  But others may disagree.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, SkyCloud said:

If they want to cheese the skills it shows their [quality] but it is still not illegal, falling through map is.

In the case of strength, it's easy to pass judgement on people cheesing it but given the current state it's understandable. You apparently don't get strength points until you're over 60kg or something. Then you have to walk around a fair bit to get any strength increase, which seems to go on DR at around the 0.3 mark. So you're looking at over 30 runs where you've looted enough to have enough weight and have walked around enough to hit DR... for one level. Thirty runs... and that's best case scenario. More realistically you're probably looking at 100 runs of reasonably normal game play per strength level. That's seems excessive and, quite frankly, only entices people to cheese it.

The way strength levels needs to be reconsidered. The requirements and actions that go into gaining experience with it need to be significantly less restrictive. It's good that it takes time to level, but it should do so organically over time, not as a result of inconvenient mechanics that the new game play changes for weight actively encourage us to avoid.

• Upvote 1

So you guys think they Ban People in a BETA for using/finding glitches? Are you for real? Isnt a BETA their to find that poo? That would be ridiculous.....if your right

Edited by ItsImBaBimBa