Jawz-X

WH if you run out of Money and Gear

Jawz-X

I'm a new player. Gear fear is real. No Joke. 

This has probably been asked to one degree or another but I've never found a clear answer. 

My question is simply: What happens if you run completely out of money and gear? I know you always have your knife. 

What options are there to such a player? 

• Rebuild with knife runs? 
  • Can ones' PMC be "reset" to the new-account starting gear? 
  • Is there a trickle income system so a small amount of money is coming in overtime (that, perhaps, I've not noticed)

I ask because I've used-up the starting pistols. I gotten a few SCAVs out but the gear obviously isn't great and I go through SCAV gear pretty quick too. I've never successfully gotten my PMC out.

I still have most of the starting money but I need to decide: Should I be super conservative or buy some basics and throw caution to the wind (within reason)?  

Savage-1
53 minutes ago, Jawz-X said:

I'm a new player. Gear fear is real. No Joke. 

This has probably been asked to one degree or another but I've never found a clear answer. 

My question is simply: What happens if you run completely out of money and gear? I know you always have your knife. 

What options are there to such a player? 

• Rebuild with knife runs? 
  • Can ones' PMC be "reset" to the new-account starting gear? 
  • Is there a trickle income system so a small amount of money is coming in overtime (that, perhaps, I've not noticed)

I ask because I've used-up the starting pistols. I gotten a few SCAVs out but the gear obviously isn't great and I go through SCAV gear pretty quick too. I've never successfully gotten my PMC out.

I still have most of the starting money but I need to decide: Should I be super conservative or buy some basics and throw caution to the wind (within reason)?  

Just play as scav, that's how I bring in my money, whenever I go in as PMC I get lit up right away, not so much scavving, funny how that works.

Jawz-X
8 minutes ago, Savage-1 said:

Just play as scav, that's how I bring in my money, whenever I go in as PMC I get lit up right away, not so much scavving, funny how that works.

Yeah, that works but still provide very limited resources. 

Asst2RgnlMngr

I have started recently as well just now approaching 20 hours and I've ran into this issue a couple times. One thing i cant recommend enough is to get yourself familiar with the game and all its mechanics, various videos on youtube can explain ammo, map movement and many other things that will greatly improve your experience. Take your time and learn one of the maps at a time, i recommend starting with customs as you can get a lot of starter quests done there and a relatively simple map to understand. Running in with just a knife when your scav run isnt available can still be very profitable with the right map knowledge and awareness.

And keep in mind, this is Tarkov and you WILL die. If it makes you feel better check the ratings page for last season and see that even the top .1% of people have around a 50% survival rate. Its a part of this but things will get easier, so stick with it! Happy to have you here and welcome. 

Jawz-X

Ok, thank you everyone. 

It's good to know that SCAV and 

I also think I found that every 3 weeks, you can reset your PMC. Obviously (I suspect) this clears your level and any quest/tasks that you have completed but if everything went to hell, at least that is an option. 

Nameless_Terror

Rule 1. Do not be greedy, especially as a scav. Every extract with a scav is free money.
Rule 2. Do not loot every corpse. If it isn't safe. leave it. 
Rule 3. Wear the gear for the role you are doing. Scavaging/loot runs does not need a boss loadout. That said, always carry a weapon that can kill. When i was starting out I was preferential to the MPX with PST or the 153 semi auto shotgun with slugs. (do the mag extension, 133 extensions are compatible). hatchling runs are pointless. If you have decent money ULEY class 4 is decent value for vest and class 4 armour. Good against most scavs.  
Rule 4. Know the map and have the keys. Whatever map you make your mainstay, know it inside and out, and own the keys. Factory without the key is a death trap. 

If you are completely broke, rebuild with scavs. Eventually you can have a bitcoin farm and the low level one will make you ~200k after cost of fuel a day. Various things in the hideout can make decent money too. Resetting should be avoided at all cost as you lose all your skills too. There are great market items that you can buy and make money will as well. IE batteries can go as low as 2k each depending on supply and if you catch prapor at a good time he'll give you 2 scoped mosin for 12 batteries. It's always profitable but he tends to sell out. Crickent lighters will dip down to 2-3k every so often and are worth a good 6-7k. There are many more examples and things you may notice over time. 

I have a terrible time extracting at 25% but I also usually play with lesser gear and dont really try to survive unless my gear is expensive. I'm not rich but I'm not doing badly either. 

964546765_2020-03-1623-34(0).thumb.png.9e032a7b1c38a52166dc914540c82c6a.png

Edited by Nameless_Terror
change link to photo
  • Upvote 1

NuclearIcecream

N00B to N00b brotips here:

WATCH STREAMERS THAT LIKE TEACHING AS THEY PLAY. The more you watch streamers, the better you get at the game and vice-versa; the better you are,  more value and information you get from watching pro's play.

Watch "Best n00b weapons EFT" kind of videos, decide what is best for you (I chose SKS)

Search the best ammo for each gun at lvl1 traders.

If another merchant and therapist buy the same item, therapist will always give you the best price.

Learn what loot is worth good $$$ so you always have a chance to get money out of the raid.

Quick switch to walk mode when colliding folliage/stepping on noisy patches.

Sprinting like hell for a while and hiding in a bush silently makes you invisible again.

Going prone on mere tall grass can make a PMC that just spot you from 50m never find you.

Acknowledge that even if you have a gun, you are a meatshield that should never fire back. Just weave to your safety. Firing means attention.

Make sure you mess EXTENSIVELY around with the hotkeys and mouse sensitivity (both keybinding and sensitivity adjustements are way deeper than they may seem, plenty of YT guides explaining)

Play offline mode with your gun of choice all the different options (SCAVS on easy to practise headshots-hipfire) (SCAVS on impossible to know what IA is capable)

SCAVS on hard and horde mode on factory, at first you will die a lot. After a while, you will run out of bullets with 50 scav kills.

Also, SCAV WAR works very good to train audio-queues, since you hear shoots all the time and you can practise tracking enemies.

Learn where the hidden stashes and main loot boxes are in Customs, so no matter what, you can always make some profit on your way through the other side of the map. With some practise, you will understand better when you should run or sprint, do noise freely, when you have to wait and listen, when there's someone near, or how close should and enemy be to be able to hear you, what is the sneakiest path...

Play offline mode until  you have mastered the basic knowledge of the game.

THEN...

...IF you run out of money, once you have practised that, you will be able to make a lot of profit and escape 9/10 times with your SCAV on Customs without having to fire a single bullet.

Same goes for factory. Riskier, but you can cheese a lot of gear out if you camp smart and focus solely on loading yourself with $$$ and being close to the extract.

So you can just focus on selling EVERYTHING, in order to have cash so you can keep buying and insuring safely from the merchants the build you have been practising with on offline mode. 

Once you get a stock of 6-10 builds, you can insure them and keep playing PMC/SCAV without that much of a loss if you die. Again, once you get the basics, dying is more of a decision you take, most of the time. Sprinting in time and painkillers (classic matches are your friends) can save you from the shittiest situations with map knowledge.

Practise with the cool weapons you get to extract in offline mode, toy with them, but never bring them into raid. Just sell them for your main build.

Righ-click-dissasseble all weapons. Sell everything to skier. All that skier won't buy, goes to mechanic. Prapor is second last, and Fence is last choice.

Also, always keep 1 build, so you don't get frustrated and still can enjoy learning this game on OFFLINE mode even if you die a lot trying your PMC runs.

Think your PMC runs as chances to get good experience, so you can hit the flea market ASAP=cool mods upgrades for your in ❤️ weapon.

I'm a noob myself, and once I adopted that mindset for a couple of weeks, my gameplay has skyrocketed to the point where I enjoy and have some control and adaptability over my PMC raids. You will be able to focus on completing your tasks without the fear of ever going broke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spanna

That's some great advice NuclearIcecream ! well done for the detailed explanation mate.

• Thanks 1