LiquidBlitz

How common is cheating in EFT?

LiquidBlitz

Heyo! New player here. Been playing for 2 weeks now and really enjoying the game for the most part. I've done something like 100 raids, 50:50 between Scav and PMC and I've only had 2 or 3 extremely suspicious deaths, which I guess is a good ratio. For the more experienced players, how common is cheating in EFT? Asking because I'm triggered :) just got killed by my first blatant not-trying-to-hide-it aimbotter. He was 180 degrees looking the other way shooting constantly for several minutes. I thought it was REALLY weird so eventually I approached him from behind whilst behind cover (still easily 20-30m) quietly, and the instant I had line of sight on him and MID shooting a full mag, he span 180 and insta-headshot me, and instantly turned and continued shooting the other direction again.

I like to think it was a rare occurrence, as I said, only had a handful of dodgy moments so all in all I'm happy with my experience so far.

Zybane

There will always be cheaters. Since the Battle-eye introduction though it definitely seems lower. I read a recent study that said on average, 10% of online players are cheating at any one time.

So in a game say like PUBG, out of 100 players there are average 10 of them cheating in some form in every match. 

TheCh1mera
Posted (edited)

I would say it's extremely uncommon on most of the maps, but fairly common on Labs and you might occasionally bump into one on Reserve. It swings pretty wildly. After a banwave you might only bump into blatant cheaters (if they're hiding their hacks or just avoiding players of course you'd never know) 1 in 10 raids on Labs. Right now it's more like 1 in 5 raids where there is a blatant cheater on Labs I'd say.  

If you're calling someone a hacker on customs or interchange etc, 9 times out of 10 you'd be wrong imo. 

EDIT: Probably more like 1 in 3 on Labs right now haha

Edited by TheCh1mera
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

JCourtney

Right now we have zero tools to even begin to identify cheaters.  Like zero.  It's ducking disgusting.  We have no replays, piss poor after match combat log.  Player Scavs won't even show the players name when they kill you.  If you're a cheater, you can just play a SCAV and cheat your dick off and people will just think it's broken AI aimbot, which the regular scavs have as well. 

Also, you can keep changing your username in-game... Like WTF... Just wow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

WarTraveller

Yea, I am all for better tools - the thing is now you can't even be sure the dude is really cheating -  the game could just as well have glitched. Just now both me and my brother died to ...something. There were no gunshot sounds, no impact sounds, no tracers, no supersonic crackle - he died  first and 10 seconds later I was dead mid-sprint as well - 1 shot in the chest as well. 

Was that a cheater, or a game desync/invisible player, or maybe the sound engine just borked and we couldn't hear the 10 other shots that were fired at us? It is a mystery. 

JCourtney
7 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

Yea, I am all for better tools - the thing is now you can't even be sure the dude is really cheating -  the game could just as well have glitched. Just now both me and my brother died to ...something. There were no gunshot sounds, no impact sounds, no tracers, no supersonic crackle - he died  first and 10 seconds later I was dead mid-sprint as well - 1 shot in the chest as well. 

Was that a cheater, or a game desync/invisible player, or maybe the sound engine just borked and we couldn't hear the 10 other shots that were fired at us? It is a mystery. 

You'll never know... There aren't any proper tools in the game for you to even know.  They can even change their name...  They could also hide all their cheating behind a player controlled scav that won't even show their name... Like holy poo...

• Sad 1

WarTraveller
1 minute ago, JCourtney said:

You'll never know... There aren't any proper tools in the game for you to even know.  They can even change their name...  They could also hide all their cheating behind a player controlled scav that won't even show their name... Like holy poo...

Yep, I know - which is why it would be nice to have some sort of a replay system later down the road.

RainmakerM4

Before battleye there was a cheater in every raid to the point where we uninstalled the game. Then BE got introduced and it changed entire game. Its was an eye opener.

To all cheaters reading this: you are scum and deserve the worst.

• Upvote 1

LiquidBlitz

Think I might have just had another one. Was up in one of the big green stands on Reserve, prone and couldn't be seen through the door or from above at all and I just got pepper by a hail of gunfire from (I could tell by the sound) far away. I didn't even know you could shoot through solid metal walls. Was it a bug etc or a cheater?

Grimm285

as a few others stated labs is the most common for cheaters.  A lot of the "farmers" go there.  they know they will be banned but usually can make enough and sell it for real money that they don't care.  Reserve def will have them occasionally but are probably the ones that will be less obvious.
As for the rest of the maps, i haven't had any suspicious interaction on all the other maps this wipe (im sure cheaters still go on them but WAY less frequently ever since the BE update).  many low tier players/new players claim hacks in every match but it honestly comes down to a lot of not knowing the game, a bit of luck, and WAY too much thermal.  i can attest as someone who uses thermal on almost every map it beyond OP at its current state and far too cheap

Zybane

Who the heck cheats, "Farms" items/loot/cash in a beta game that just gets wiped.

I mean there has to be some seriously pathetic people out there with absolutely zero lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aussieeeee
13 minutes ago, Zybane said:

Who the heck cheats, "Farms" items/loot/cash in a beta game that just gets wiped.

I mean there has to be some seriously pathetic people out there with absolutely zero lives. 

People that sell in game currency for real world money. #thanksfleamarket

• Upvote 1

Zybane

Ok now I don't know what's more pathetic; cheaters that sell stuff on the flea market or players that spend real money on items in a beta game that gets routinely wiped...

• Thanks 1

pencilman

many many many and many many many cheaters

• Sad 1

puddimeister

Until they get like a killcam feature implemented or something of sorts we won't really now. The most annoying thing for me is that you can't even report them somewhere with the name and poo for them to check out those players. Describe the situation and open a ticket or something. 

In order to understand how bad it is, there's cheaters that have killed certain streamers ON STREAM several times in a row over the course of weeks. So imagine if you can play the game and kill popular streamers and still no action is taken against you, just imagine how many have their cheat tweaked and all of that.

At least those that tweak them I can't tell but what infuriates me is when you see something incredibly obvious and you are absolutely hopeless because that guy runs away with everything and doesn't get punished. BattleEye is so 2014. Anticheats are not enough to catch hackers. And unless they build a system where you can instantly report someone then I'm not sure what's gonna happen long term because this is not an easy game so getting gear stolen away from you by some lonely basement dweller gets on your nerves really fast.

Shryke

80%+ of my deaths from players and player scavs, and I've been playing for a while, are one-tap headies.  Always. For months. The only exception is briefly after a ban wave, which I don't think has happened in a long time.

• Like 1

toranna79

Like said before Labs is rampant, and it starting to be that bad on Interchange (since update). It is not every game, but there are times when it is clearly a obvious/blatant hacker (speed, auto aim), but other hacks are much harder to assess (esp, map hacks) sometimes you are just left scratching your head wondering how the hell they know I was at that exact place no covering that angle at that second. 

This is not an EFT problem but a generation problem. Recent generations always wants things quicker for less work, and that carries over into games.

Bwee
On 3/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, JCourtney said:

Right now we have zero tools to even begin to identify cheaters.  Like zero.  It's ducking disgusting.  We have no replays, piss poor after match combat log.  Player Scavs won't even show the players name when they kill you.  If you're a cheater, you can just play a SCAV and cheat your dick off and people will just think it's broken AI aimbot, which the regular scavs have as well. 

Also, you can keep changing your username in-game... Like WTF... Just wow.

This game is in beta. Not sure if BSG will implement such a system. I doubt it. Honestly, your best bet is to record your matches and post the suspected cheaters here:

Way to many of these threads...

DeathGripz

Lots of cheating recently.  I got cheated at least 3 times yesterday by really blatant cheats. Interchange has got much worse for cheating after the patch and i have seen people recently being quite a lot more blatant with things like speed hacks,  aimbots and the use of esp without trying to hide it. I am guessing that there is probably a cheat in 40% of the raids. Cheating is a big problem in a game like this where there is a risk / reward system and some of the big cheat forums have tens of thousands of views per thread. I cant really see what can be done about it. Battle eye will get them eventually but many of them brag by the time battle eye has got them they have made enough cash to buy a bunch more accounts.  This game has huge potential but I think that they need to do something more to combat the cheating element and review dodgy players as quickly as possible. 

Betweenthelines

Plenty.

New favorite cheat is silenced sniper rifle and thermals sitting and hiding somewhere.

Headshots galore.

LoginTaken

There are cheaters yes, its like 1/10 raids have a cheater before bans, and 1/100 after a ban wave. (Rather decent if you ask me)

However with the shear number of glitches, bugs and poor game mechanics, its almost impossible to determine if someone was cheating or not.

Unless its blatant to the point they are flying, killing everyone in the game, etc. Also does not help that those that tend to cheater in such a way, play Scav to have a bit of protection from being reported.

Lonelysnake28

recently due to the quarantines and such.. there has been a large increase in cheaters.

JCourtney

This game isn't even playable anymore.  You want to see obvious cheats easily..  Just play Factory.  The ESP is so easy to spot.  It's almost every game.  Not even playable RIP Tarkov.  Cheating is out of control.  

4 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

There are cheaters yes, its like 1/10 raids have a cheater before bans, and 1/100 after a ban wave. (Rather decent if you ask me)

However with the shear number of glitches, bugs and poor game mechanics, its almost impossible to determine if someone was cheating or not.

Unless its blatant to the point they are flying, killing everyone in the game, etc. Also does not help that those that tend to cheater in such a way, play Scav to have a bit of protection from being reported.

The fact they can even play Scav and not have their player name shown... LIke Jesus Christ just gross incompetence against developing a game that can combat cheating.  Unreal.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ShuaWick

Right now the amount of cheaters is very high - speed/autoaim/wallhacks are very common.  It is what it is, I guess...

sightseeer
On 3/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, ShuaWick said:

Right now the amount of cheaters is very high - speed/autoaim/wallhacks are very common.  It is what it is, I guess...

They need to get Battleeye or similiar... oh.