Blaat112

strength leveling

Blaat112

How is it that you level almost every skill just by playing the game, albeit slow, but theres some progression. Or at least the ones I need. But strength, I'm currently at 0.2/10 of level 0.

I know there was a wipe of this skill in the last patch, but I need level 3 to advance my hideout, and I really dont know how to do this. Throwing grenades and walking around overweight just seems like a pointless way to do this. 

You are never overweigth early in the levels, or at least I'm not. And I do leave raids with full (scav)backpack, armor, helmet, 2 weapons, full rig. Ive done so several times yet so far ive only gotten 0.2/10.

Why is this such a hard thing to actually level? If I run around with a full backpack, like 40 kilos, that surely should level my strength aswell? Maybe slower but it should still do so?

I dont get why it has to be so ridiculously hard.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to get this skill up easier?

ALLynil

Yeah it is f*cked up.

Dangle_

Pretty sure when overweight and sprint it levels endurance, for strength i sure you level when walking overweight throwing nades mele kills etc 

tNiiick101

Devs want those who have the time and will to grind this stat (basically streamers, but also virgins) to have an advantage over other players. I'm not sure why, I dont like it, I dont like quite a handful of decisions BSG has made about this game, but the game is so addicting I guess we all will just turn a shoulder, as we have been

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

sYs
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, tNiiick101 said:

Devs want those who have the time and will to grind this stat (basically streamers, but also virgins) to have an advantage over other players. I'm not sure why, I dont like it, I dont like quite a handful of decisions BSG has made about this game, but the game is so addicting I guess we all will just turn a shoulder, as we have been

To get good at something you have to invest time and learn. This applies to Tarkov and anything you do in real life. 

Tarkov is hardcore - if you are not willing to put in time and effort does that means devs needs to spoon feed you?

Edited by sYs
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 5

Looongcat

No it doesn't make any freaking sense. it should lv up as player lv up, or as player play normally. 

if 

a. you have to go naked with a dude on woods, and shack each other with a knife to progress strength

b. you have to buy poo ton of mayo and water in a backpack, hide in the bushes and drink all that poo up .

sYs
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Looongcat said:

No it doesn't make any freaking sense. it should lv up as player lv up, or as player play normally. 

Well thats is you want to do it faster. 

They are changing the system all the time. If you have some good ideas how it should be - than make a constructive topic about it. 

If you have to go naked with a dude on woods and shack his legs that's your choice. Maybe just don't focus on stats and play the game?

The original plan is to have max out stats in about 1-2 years of active playing ( daily ). 

Edited by sYs

Looongcat
2 minutes ago, sYs said:

Well thats is you want to do it faster. 

They are changing the system all the time. If you have some good ideas how it should be - than make a constructive topic about it. 

If you have to go naked with a dude on woods and shack his legs that's your problem. Maybe just don't focus on stats and play the game?

The original plan is to have max out stats in about 1-2 years of active playing ( daily ). 

Bro, i just need to get LV3 to get the Vent lv up.

I only got like 0.8/10 for my strength for all this time playing.

image.png.b1a7e136576014bbc973f354fc076e8c.png

sYs
Just now, Looongcat said:

Bro, i just need to get LV3 to get the Vent lv up.

I only got like 0.8/10 for my strength for all this time playing.

image.png.b1a7e136576014bbc973f354fc076e8c.png

More walking - less running.

I understand your frustration - trust me. At current state we have everything speed up. There are upcoming changes to stat leveling coming. Nikita has some great ideas but sadly some of them take time so be patient. I would like to drop the "this is beta" line but sadly most of the people play this game as if it was in "released state" - it is not and far from it. 

There are things i dislike about the whole system too - for example giving headshot awarding you same amount of points for mastery, recoil control etc as any other shot. Makes it very not rewarding to play a dmr/sniper. 

• Like 1

Looongcat
2 minutes ago, sYs said:

More walking - less running.

I understand your frustration - trust me. At current state we have everything speed up. There are upcoming changes to stat leveling coming. Nikita has some great ideas but sadly some of them take time so be patient. I would like to drop the "this is beta" line but sadly most of the people play this game as if it was in "released state" - it is not and far from it. 

There are things i dislike about the whole system too - for example giving headshot awarding you same amount of points for mastery, recoil control etc as any other shot. Makes it very not rewarding to play a dmr/sniper. 

99% of my raids are in factory, and I never run, I walk with slowest speed so i dont get caught, but that only lv up my perception .... 

Ruskovhobo
1 hour ago, sYs said:

To get good at something you have to invest time and learn. This applies to Tarkov and anything you do in real life. 

Tarkov is hardcore - if you are not willing to put in time and effort does that means devs needs to spoon feed you?

I bet your just killing it at "life". You clearly have never had a hard demanding job before, because if you ever had you wouldn't make such a comment. As someone who has trained others in "life and death" occupation, you must absolutely spoon feed the new guy, or he'll duck something up so bad you'll get canned too. I bet you also think it makes a ton of sense to level your strength by throwing grenades(more of a high rep low weight, "cardio" kind of work out IRL) I bet you also think you can sprint 150 yards with a 100lbs of gear then come to an instant stop and shoulder a rifle in less than .5 sec and be able to hold a sight picture (not gonna happen bub) Maybe since you have some much time in the game you could come up with some awesome ways to fix all the broken mechanics in it. Maybe you should do that instead of making excuses for why illogical mechanics stay in the game.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

sYs
17 minutes ago, Ruskovhobo said:

I bet your just killing it at "life". You clearly have never had a hard demanding job before, because if you ever had you wouldn't make such a comment. As someone who has trained others in "life and death" occupation, you must absolutely spoon feed the new guy, or he'll duck something up so bad you'll get canned too. I bet you also think it makes a ton of sense to level your strength by throwing grenades(more of a high rep low weight, "cardio" kind of work out IRL) I bet you also think you can sprint 150 yards with a 100lbs of gear then come to an instant stop and shoulder a rifle in less than .5 sec and be able to hold a sight picture (not gonna happen bub) Maybe since you have some much time in the game you could come up with some awesome ways to fix all the broken mechanics in it. Maybe you should do that instead of making excuses for why illogical mechanics stay in the game.

Hey - everyone has their on priorities. If the game is too hard for you - you are welcome to play other game.  

If you would have read  what i said than you would have noticed that i did mention it's in the reworks. 

But one thing is not gonna change - maxing out stats gonna take you 1-2 years of ACTIVE playing. 

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/#about

Yarbay
Am 16.3.2020 um 17:47 schrieb Blaat112:

How is it that you level almost every skill just by playing the game, albeit slow, but theres some progression. Or at least the ones I need. But strength, I'm currently at 0.2/10 of level 0.

I know there was a wipe of this skill in the last patch, but I need level 3 to advance my hideout, and I really dont know how to do this. Throwing grenades and walking around overweight just seems like a pointless way to do this. 

You are never overweigth early in the levels, or at least I'm not. And I do leave raids with full (scav)backpack, armor, helmet, 2 weapons, full rig. Ive done so several times yet so far ive only gotten 0.2/10.

Why is this such a hard thing to actually level? If I run around with a full backpack, like 40 kilos, that surely should level my strength aswell? Maybe slower but it should still do so?

I dont get why it has to be so ridiculously hard.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to get this skill up easier?

Its realism, how fast can you level your own skills at gym or walking around in real life ?

Ruskovhobo
2 hours ago, sYs said:

Hey - everyone has their on priorities. If the game is too hard for you - you are welcome to play other game.  

If you would have read  what i said than you would have noticed that i did mention it's in the reworks. 

But one thing is not gonna change - maxing out stats gonna take you 1-2 years of ACTIVE playing. 

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/#about

Boy I hope it does, the stench coming from all the cheese in this game seriously offends my olfactories.

sYs
23 minutes ago, Ruskovhobo said:

Boy I hope it does, the stench coming from all the cheese in this game seriously offends my olfactories.

well there is solution.

remove looting :P remove  flee market , dropping and picking up items.

Than all the rmt cheaters will go away and all we will be left is same amount of cheaters like in rainbow six or apex legends and instead of tarkov we are just gonna have general shooter with gun modding. 

alwaysbanned

It is quite reasonable of the OP to expect a sliding scale of how fast the stat increases based on weight carried.  From what I can see in game 67.5kg = strength going up quite quickly, 67kg = strength going up not at all.  This does not fall under the realism banner, or under the good gameplay banner.  This falls under the shitty game mechancis , bad idea banner for me personally.

• Upvote 2

PotatoWarriah
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, sYs said:

1-2 years of ACTIVE playing. 

And what is "INACTIVE" playing? Like not playing? What is difference between "PLAYING" and "ACTIVE" playing? I cannot find that anywhere in official communication but if Nikita said that, this sentence is so dumb it does not make any sense. You cannot enforce definition of using entertainment product for its users. Everyone who feels entertained by some aspect of it will use the part/mode which entertains them and consider that "active" usage.

In relation to "leveling requirements":

Instead of giving provisional "20 years of playing 10 raids per week" they should stick to facts, like "you need to walk 2 million kilometers with 50% of your max carry weight, with no more than 15 kilometers per raid in order to level Str 50". And "For each % of weight above 50% of max carry weight the distance walked required reduces by 1%". Pestilly can do that in 3 weeks, normal people will never try it, and if they keep strength requirement blocking you from progressing in game they will simply go play other games. It is not fair to hide real requirements from players who are your customers and are paying for entertainment value, not to have their noses pulled around. IMO they are trying to hide what drives skill leveling to prevent people from finding glitches and do it faster, and that is also stupid because if they have not made skills so OP then no one would try to find a glitch. If you have boring game mechanic like this, that is the problem. You don't resolve this problem by making it more boring and rewarding player with something OP if they succumb to repeat certain action 15 million times.

Related to current "leveling requirements" and player population that is already here:

Don't defend lazy game design. They either want to take money from many players and have them not play the game (which is scummy), or they are too lazy to implement mechanic which is actually engaging while rewarding you for effort at same time. I am sure game design professional can make it better than me, and I spent 5 minutes thinking about it and already have better idea than what is in there:

I would make it so that your body produces adrenaline when you are shot at and/or wounded (imagine how original is this?), with effects of reducing your hearing ability (maybe add some heartbeats you get to hear if you have tight helmet), giving you greater speed, more strength, more stamina (so similar as IRL), and increasing strength/endurance leveling by 100x if you use your muscles (run/jump/aim/shoot) while under this effect (because when you push your muscles over their maximum, you gain strength, at least in real life). And of course follow this by reduced stamina/strength afterwards for few minutes (recovery, like negative effects after stimulants or after you "overdo" it in gym). That way people would go into raids with encouragement to go into firefights but survive as long as possible, think about where they can reposition etc, as every second staying alive would bring benefits you don't loose if you die. Or, as it is supposed to be "hardcore" they could even make it so that you keep all of the skills you gain during the firefight if you stay alive until negative after-effects wear off. If you die before you get similar punishment as in XP (50% base, further decreased by % of time remaining until end of "recovery/cooldown").

The only real challenge here is detection of when you are "shot at" by other players (for AI they already know who they are aiming at), but regardless of player/ai it can be done by simply adding a big invisible hitbox around player and bullets hitting that hitbox triggering this mode.

Edited by PotatoWarriah

Ruskovhobo
11 hours ago, sYs said:

well there is solution.

remove looting :P remove  flee market , dropping and picking up items.

Than all the rmt cheaters will go away and all we will be left is same amount of cheaters like in rainbow six or apex legends and instead of tarkov we are just gonna have general shooter with gun modding. 

You missed my point entirely. The cheese I'm referring to is taking a ton of grenades every raid and chucking them as soon as the match begins in order to get in some "strength training". I know they working on stopping it but the "melee your m8 in the leg a 100 times" is also some very stinky cheese. Also how do looting, the flea market and being able to drop and pickup items effect strength?  I would have seriously thought someone with as much time put into this as you would have a better idea of how to fix the problems rather than just out right making a different game. I mean, you must of some constructive thought on how to actually solve the problem.

sYs
Just now, Ruskovhobo said:

You missed my point entirely. The cheese I'm referring to is taking a ton of grenades every raid and chucking them as soon as the match begins in order to get in some "strength training". I know they working on stopping it but the "melee your m8 in the leg a 100 times" is also some very stinky cheese. Also how do looting, the flea market and being able to drop and pickup items effect strength?  I would have seriously thought someone with as much time put into this as you would have a better idea of how to fix the problems rather than just out right making a different game. I mean, you must of some constructive thought on how to actually solve the problem.

There's a hard limit on how much you can gay. It's just people optimizing. It happens in real life sports too.

if someone is willing to run 2 km more [just cause he can]  than you is that cheating?

Ruskovhobo
Just now, sYs said:

There's a hard limit on how much you can gay. It's just people optimizing. It happens in real life sports too.

if someone is willing to run 2 km more [just cause he can]  than you is that cheating?

You mean gains? My point being was something like strength training doesn't take money(it's literally free, aside from the food you eat to keep going). ALL over the world people get ripped and chiseled like Greek gods  using nothing more than rocks, bags, playground equipment, junk they find lying around etc, etc etc. AND, the country where this sort of work out routine is most popular and prevalent is RUSSIA(where the devs are based, in case you didn't know). Thousands and thousands of vids on you tube showing hard Russian men get their sweet on using only what they find, sometimes in the dead of winter with 2 meter snow drifts, in nothing but shorts and a hairy chest. The game needs to acknowledge the ability of the poor to get strong, as right now it takes money, lots of it, to level up your strength. It would also be amazing if you could act like and adult and provide some sort of constructive ideas on how to improve this aspect of the game. You say they're working on optimizing and tweaking the skills system and the the end goal is for it to be more passive or take everyone, no matter what, longer. Then you say let ppl cheese since they're optimizing (that's what I got out of what you wrote) I honestly think you just want to disagree with as many ppl as possible just for the sake of trying to get on their nerves(you seem like you're trolling)

PotatoWarriah
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Ruskovhobo said:

The game needs to acknowledge the ability of the poor to get strong.

While I generally agree with you and I think the current system is lazy and completely broken mechanic, I would like to point out this is where you are wrong (read my wall of text for my proposal to make it better if you are interested). In Tarkov, you don't spend real money, you just spend time. So regardless whether you try to find a bug/exploit, or just go million times as a scav to bring in gear and sell and buy grenades or you just spend 10 thousand hours playing some other way, you don't need (real) money to level strength. (Editing this in to be clear, because you do need pixel money - roubles or so, but these are in infinite supply and you can get infinite amount if you invest infinite amount of time, and that is actually stupid because this is a game and it should be engaging, not boring)

As you just need time, using grenades is actually saving you time because you can throw them at start and go play game in a way that is fun for you. I find grenades were (until nerf) actually the best of current broken ways because they just take 30 seconds per raid and you can go and enjoy rest of raid. Time is something most expensive for me because I want to use it to get real money for other things I want in my life, and I also want to spend it with my family, and play some games with my kid, so I can only dedicate some time to Tarkov to enjoy in it, and in no way I can spend even 30 minutes on something as idiotic as grinding strength.

If you play Tarkov, you have pixel money, maybe not at start but after some time everyone have loads of pixel money. I am bad at Tarkov but even I managed to get 50 GPU in bitcoin farm, and that gives half million a day, it is more than what I manage to loose by dying. They nerfed gains from grenades so that is not working anymore but I threw half dozen or so in each raid for a week and got to level 2, and that was the only way to gain it while actually playing the game. I normally just go with squad and I don't care much about looting, most raids I just get XP from kills and bring out less worth than what I brought in due to expensive ammo. I don't want to loot because it slows me down if I take more than one gun and then I cannot actually enjoy the game, so no way to level the strength now :) It is stupid beyond my ability to comprehend their decisions.

Edited by PotatoWarriah

Ruskovhobo
29 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

While I generally agree with you and I think the current system is lazy and completely broken mechanic, I would like to point out this is where you are wrong (read my wall of text for my proposal to make it better if you are interested). In Tarkov, you don't spend real money, you just spend time. So regardless whether you try to find a bug/exploit, or just go million times as a scav to bring in gear and sell and buy grenades or you just spend 10 thousand hours playing some other way, you don't need (real) money to level strength. (Editing this in to be clear, because you do need pixel money - roubles or so, but these are in infinite supply and you can get infinite amount if you invest infinite amount of time, and that is actually stupid because this is a game and it should be engaging, not boring)

As you just need time, using grenades is actually saving you time because you can throw them at start and go play game in a way that is fun for you. I find grenades were (until nerf) actually the best of current broken ways because they just take 30 seconds per raid and you can go and enjoy rest of raid. Time is something most expensive for me because I want to use it to get real money for other things I want in my life, and I also want to spend it with my family, and play some games with my kid, so I can only dedicate some time to Tarkov to enjoy in it, and in no way I can spend even 30 minutes on something as idiotic as grinding strength.

If you play Tarkov, you have pixel money, maybe not at start but after some time everyone have loads of pixel money. I am bad at Tarkov but even I managed to get 50 GPU in bitcoin farm, and that gives half million a day, it is more than what I manage to loose by dying. They nerfed gains from grenades so that is not working anymore but I threw half dozen or so in each raid for a week and got to level 2, and that was the only way to gain it while actually playing the game. I normally just go with squad and I don't care much about looting, most raids I just get XP from kills and bring out less worth than what I brought in due to expensive ammo. I don't want to loot because it slows me down if I take more than one gun and then I cannot actually enjoy the game, so no way to level the strength now :) It is stupid beyond my ability to comprehend their decisions.

I agree there needs to be multiple ways to level strength, why is allowing poor(in game poor) players (who can't afford to "waste" $80k of grenades per raid) a chance to build strength "wrong". Btw nades still earn you .2 percent on your strength, confirmed as of last night. I'm just curious as to what you think I am wrong about and why because I've read both post twice and don't get where you disagree?

libben
21 minutes ago, Ruskovhobo said:

I agree there needs to be multiple ways to level strength, why is allowing poor(in game poor) players (who can't afford to "waste" $80k of grenades per raid) a chance to build strength "wrong". Btw nades still earn you .2 percent on your strength, confirmed as of last night. I'm just curious as to what you think I am wrong about and why because I've read both post twice and don't get where you disagree?

Dont people just insurance fraud the grenades?

PotatoWarriah
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ruskovhobo said:

I think you are wrong about "allowing poor players to level strength". If they allow it in time-consuming and repetitive way that is not engaging, it is still stupid mechanic that makes the game worse not better. If it still requires time, then it is same, you can use that time to get roubles and spend them on grenades, it does not make it any better if there is another repetitive way that is not engaging and part of core gameplay of Tarkov.

I agree that the leveling should be meaningful and possible with any style of play (except hatchet run as that is not very feasible style in any case), so even if you are not overweight. So on top of my proposal I would say, instead of current endurance/strength switch at 48.7 kg, why not split it in 10 and say 0-10% is pure endurance, 10-20% is 90% end, 10% str, etc until 90+% is 10% end, 90% str. That way you get more endurance at start but also some strength, and as you get better strength from playing the game, you can slowly switch to heavier armor and bigger guns that become more feasible (and also allow you to gain more strength skill by carrying heavier gear, as levels after 9 are 10x slower than first one)

Edited by PotatoWarriah

Ruskovhobo
24 minutes ago, libben said:

Dont people just insurance fraud the grenades?

You can't get insurance on nades or ammo, even if you did I don't see how you'd get it back, you didn't misplace or otherwise loose the grenade, you pulled the pin and a chemical/physical reaction occured.