Blaat112

strength leveling

Ruskovhobo
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

I think you are wrong about "allowing poor players to level strength". If they allow it in time-consuming and repetitive way that is not engaging, it is still stupid mechanic that makes the game worse not better. If it still requires time, then it is same, you can use that time to get roubles and spend them on grenades, it does not make it any better if there is another repetitive way that is not engaging and part of core gameplay of Tarkov.

I agree that the leveling should be meaningful and possible with any style of play (except hatchet run as that is not very feasible style in any case), so even if you are not overweight. So on top of my proposal I would say, instead of current endurance/strength switch at 48.7 kg, why not split it in 10 and say 0-10% is pure endurance, 10-20% is 90% end, 10% str, etc until 90+% is 10% end, 90% str. That way you get more endurance at start but also some strength, and as you get better strength from playing the game, you can slowly switch to heavier armor and bigger guns that become more feasible (and also allow you to gain more strength skill by carrying heavier gear, as levels after 9 are 10x slower than first one)

Dude you just did it again, you agree that level should be possible with any style of play but don't think boring stuff should count. BSG as already stated you'll be able to work on weapons skills at some point in the hideout at the shooting range. Erotic(very popular EFT streamer and youtuber) has suggested making quest doable in offline mode(you can't keep anything you find in offline raids but you would be able to complete some or all of the "quest"). And, again, and I want to stress this, I agree with adding what your talking about, and think it should be added in the game. I do not understand why you think you should be able to work on strength in other ways(no just inside the hideout) when you think all play styles should be able to do at least a little to work on strength in the game(seeing how important, critical and down right required it is to level up strength to be able to play and enjoy the game)

Edited by Ruskovhobo

Ruskovhobo

Looks like they tweaked the strength leveling system again, getting easier to level strength without totally encumbering yourself. Hopefully this will be a mute point soon.

libben
19 minutes ago, Ruskovhobo said:

You can't get insurance on nades or ammo, even if you did I don't see how you'd get it back, you didn't misplace or otherwise loose the grenade, you pulled the pin and a chemical/physical reaction occured. 

Ahh that makes sense. I don't abuse the insurance system and silly me thought that you could just bring alot of grenades and just dump them in a bush and you would get them back. Come to think of it I dont think I have ever insured grenades :)

So can you fill your backpack with alot of cheap crap in the beginning and just do alt of jumping/running first min and then toss it and then to proceed with just running and bunny jumping?  

Is it even worth it to try to do that know after they wiped high level strength players this patch? Imagine all the hours people have put just to be wiped like that lol. Good job BSG, more stuff like that! Anoyed when people abuse stuff!

392Shaker
16 hours ago, Yarbay said:

Its realism, how fast can you level your own skills at gym or walking around in real life ?

Yeah everyone knows in real life the military go into conflict zones unarmed with only a melee weapon and hack at eachother's legs to pieces for hours while constantly instantly healing that damage with IFAKs, and throw thousands of nades around randomly in order to gain strength in a fraction of the time they would have to spend at the gym.

The system is not realistic, nor is it fun. I'm all for it taking a long time (1-2 years even) to MAX strength, but it should not take this long to get from 0-1. 1-5 should be relatively fast and then it should start getting harder, as it is in real life. And you should not be able to cheese the skill in a fraction of that time by doing unrealistic crap if the whole point of having it is for realism purposes. Just saying.

As for ideas - make 0-5 strength faster by just walking, jumping and make melee hits and nades give a small amount of strength so it's not worth cheesing. That'd be realistic, because throwing nades and stabbing don't add much strength in real life, it would tone your muscles and get your cardio up, but you need to lift heavy stuff to build strength in real life. Then it'd still take a long ass time to MAX but a reasonable amount of time to get a few points for unlocking hideout stuff and getting a bit of sprint speed etc while eliminating the cheesing which I think we all have to agree is not realistic whatsoever and has no place in this game.

• Like 3

Ruskovhobo

Correct, you've never insured nades because you don't have the option too. Committing "insurance fraud" is cheesy but has zero effect on others(your not screwing ppl to do it) and it seems all the popular streamers and youtubers advise to do it when

14 minutes ago, libben said:

Ahh that makes sense. I don't abuse the insurance system and silly me thought that you could just bring alot of grenades and just dump them in a bush and you would get them back. Come to think of it I dont think I have ever insured grenades :)

So can you fill your backpack with alot of cheap crap in the beginning and just do alt of jumping/running first min and then toss it and then to proceed with just running and bunny jumping?  

Is it even worth it to try to do that know after they wiped high level strength players this patch? Imagine all the hours people have put just to be wiped like that lol. Good job BSG, more stuff like that! Anoyed when people abuse stuff!

392Shaker
14 minutes ago, libben said:

You can only insure items you can equip in gear slots (and attachments on these items).

Ruskovhobo
3 minutes ago, 392Shaker said:

Yeah everyone knows in real life the military go into conflict zones unarmed with only a melee weapon and hack at eachother's legs to pieces for hours while constantly instantly healing that damage with IFAKs, and throw thousands of nades around randomly in order to gain strength in a fraction of the time they would have to spend at the gym.

The system is not realistic, nor is it fun. I'm all for it taking a long time (1-2 years even) to MAX strength, but it should not take this long to get from 0-1. 1-5 should be relatively fast and then it should start getting harder, as it is in real life. And you should not be able to cheese the skill in a fraction of that time by doing unrealistic crap if the whole point of having it is for realism purposes. Just saying.

As for ideas - make 0-5 strength faster by just walking, jumping and make melee hits and nades give a small amount of strength so it's not worth cheesing. That'd be realistic, because throwing nades and stabbing don't add much strength in real life, it would tone your muscles and get your cardio up, but you need to lift heavy stuff to build strength in real life. Then it'd still take a long ass time to MAX but a reasonable amount of time to get a few points for unlocking hideout stuff and getting a bit of sprint speed etc while eliminating the cheesing which I think we all have to agree is not realistic whatsoever and has no place in this game.

Hey, someone else on this forum as done some exercise in real life too. Btw Pestily has a huge mic and has pointed out the silliness (man knows exactly what effect carrying large load over distance has) of how strength is gained. Hopefully the cheesing will stop.

• Like 1

Yarbay
vor 28 Minuten schrieb 392Shaker:

I agree with you completely, there are many things that are not completely thought through. But let the guys from BSG take a little breath so that they can do one thing well. They cannot do everything at the same time. It goes step by step, they work out their to do list.

Ruskovhobo
2 minutes ago, Yarbay said:

I agree with you completely, there are many things that are not completely thought through. But let the guys from BSG take a little breath so that they can do one thing well. They cannot do everything at the same time. It goes step by step, they work out their to do list.

Sounds like this is high on the list, they just reset everyone that cheese the new strength system back to zero(on BSG twitter)

Yarbay
vor 6 Minuten schrieb Ruskovhobo:

Sounds like this is high on the list, they just reset everyone that cheese the new strength system back to zero(on BSG twitter)

I can understand why they did it at this time. All the new ones that came after the Twitch Drops had complained about how difficult it is for beginners. So they got a chance to keep up now.

Ruskovhobo

1 hour ago, Yarbay said:

I can understand why they did it at this time. All the new ones that came after the Twitch Drops had complained about how difficult it is for beginners. So they got a chance to keep up now.

If that were the case I think they would have done a total reset to everyone's account, however they only reset those at max strength or close to it, since they cheese their way there from being reset to zero just a little over a week ago.

Yarbay
vor 26 Minuten schrieb Ruskovhobo:

If that were the case I think they would have done a total reset to everyone's account, however they only reset those at max strength or close to it, since they cheese their way there from being reset to zero just a little over a week ago.

A complete reset is only possible if a major update comes with a new map.

Ruskovhobo
3 minutes ago, Yarbay said:

A complete reset is only possible if a major update comes with a new map.

I mean a reset of everyone's strength, like they did a few weeks ago. Again, this most recent reset was only of those who used exploits or cheesed there way back to max or near max strength after being reset set, with everyone else, to zero a few weeks ago.

Yarbay
vor 19 Minuten schrieb Ruskovhobo:

I mean a reset of everyone's strength, like they did a few weeks ago. Again, this most recent reset was only of those who used exploits or cheesed there way back to max or near max strength after being reset set, with everyone else, to zero a few weeks ago.

I didnt exploit my endurance and strength and my skills are reset to zero too

Ruskovhobo
2 minutes ago, Yarbay said:

I didnt exploit my endurance and strength and my skills are reset to zero too

Yeah that seems strange, mine are fine but I was only level 1.6 strength and only a bit of level 3 endurance. It seems like it was done because of some sort of glitch where you could get your character to "fall through" the map, disconnect, reconnect and some other bs and then viola, you have a huge boost to strength endurance and maybe a few other skills. What was your strength and endurance at on March 23-24th if you don't mind my asking?

Yarbay
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Ruskovhobo:

Yeah that seems strange, mine are fine but I was only level 1.6 strength and only a bit of level 3 endurance. It seems like it was done because of some sort of glitch where you could get your character to "fall through" the map, disconnect, reconnect and some other bs and then viola, you have a huge boost to strength endurance and maybe a few other skills. What was your strength and endurance at on March 23-24th if you don't mind my asking?

Mine was something between 4-8 after 850h playtime but i didnt used the nades throw glitch. I play slow and not like a commercial game.

Ruskovhobo
1 minute ago, Yarbay said:

Mine was something between 4-8 after 850h playtime but i didnt used the nades throw glitch. I play slow and not like a commercial game.

grenade throwing increasing strength is not a glitch, it's how the devs want strength to be gained (for what ever reason). I would say you should contact customer support.  Hold on you're talking about the strength wipe that happened when 12.4 came out (only way you could have played 850 hours) I'm talking about the reset they (bsg) did just a few hours ago.

Yarbay
vor einer Stunde schrieb Ruskovhobo:

grenade throwing increasing strength is not a glitch, it's how the devs want strength to be gained (for what ever reason). I would say you should contact customer support.  Hold on you're talking about the strength wipe that happened when 12.4 came out (only way you could have played 850 hours) I'm talking about the reset they (bsg) did just a few hours ago.

I don't care anymore, I don't play it until the map arrives and steam audio. I have many other good Games to play.

PotatoWarriah
1 hour ago, Yarbay said:

Everyone's endurance and strength was reset with update about month ago. Are you sure it was not reset then? I had about same as you, and now I have strength lvl 2 (I threw about 200 grenades in last 2-3 weeks), endurance level 3 and I was not reset today.

Yarbay
vor 26 Minuten schrieb PotatoWarriah:

Everyone's endurance and strength was reset with update about month ago. Are you sure it was not reset then? I had about same as you, and now I have strength lvl 2 (I threw about 200 grenades in last 2-3 weeks), endurance level 3 and I was not reset today.

If so, it is so. Then you have to start all over again. As long as it's in the beta phase, I'm just testing and I'm not playing properly.

gboymix

Do all nades have the same amount of exp? Or the more expensive ones level up strength more?

I don't mind wasting 20-25k every rade on smoke nades, but 8 F1 or M64 would cost you 120k every raid to level up strength?

How is this realistic - I don't know. It's pure money grind that does look like glitch abusing. But if devs think that's the way, I guess either we agree or we don't play. It doesn't feel like feedback matters for them.

PotatoWarriah
5 hours ago, gboymix said:

Do all nades have the same amount of exp? Or the more expensive ones level up strength more?

I don't mind wasting 20-25k every rade on smoke nades, but 8 F1 or M64 would cost you 120k every raid to level up strength?

How is this realistic - I don't know. It's pure money grind that does look like glitch abusing. But if devs think that's the way, I guess either we agree or we don't play. It doesn't feel like feedback matters for them.

it was same for all grenades and I was using smokes and zaryas. But they keep changing this, it might not be the case anymore. It is easy to check, just check strength points at start of raid, then throw one smoke and see if it increased by 0.2 (at start of raid you have blue "UP" arrow meaning the leveling is still "buffed", after I think 8 grenades you loose that buff, and after some more you get red "DOWN" arrow meaning further leveling is debuffed/throttled for remainder of raid)

DenOndeBonde
Posted (edited)

You could allso just stack up a backpack with buckshoot rounds (like 20-30k roubles) and get to 49.5kg weight from start of raid, and just toss it when you find loot. or toss it when str doesnt lvl anymore that raid :D

Edited by DenOndeBonde

gboymix

Or get Epsilon and carry tank battery?

shmucky

I think its nice that it forces you to play differently, if you really want the strength up, start incorporating grenades in your kit and playstyle. The game is meant to be played naturally, if you're just going with a tac rig full of Zaryas and yeeting them at the start of raid, I feel like your not enjoying the game. But maybe they could ease up just a hair on leveling up with lots of weight. but then again, it also encourages you to use stims and have food and water. If you wanna loot, bring a kit for loot, if you wanna PVP, get your kit for that.