TacticalToaster

PACA vs 6B2

TacticalToaster

So, from day one of the new patch, I was pretty surprised by the fact that PACA still weighs 7KGs. I tried looking up on their website how much the armor and carriers weigh themselves, but they don't specify besides the plates, and none of the plates are aramid, instead, they're either steel or polyethylene. The polyethylene plates are a half-pound or less in weight and are NIJ-IIIA.

Now, I was even more confused about why 6B2, which uses 30 layers of aramid and a 1.25 mm plate of titanium, weighs 2.5KGs less. IRL it weighs 4.8KGs, but is rounded to 4.5KGs in game, which is alright. PACA's weight either hasn't been adjusted for the system or is representing some obscure PACA vest they don't advertise anymore that weighs 15 pounds for some reason.

So, unless this is explicitly intended to replicate some very strange model of a class 2 vest that weighs more then better protection options, can we get PACAs weight lowered? Right now, besides the rouble cost and trader level, there is no reason to use PACA over 6B2, when weight would be a very nice factor to help you decide between the two.

137194531_pacavs6b2.thumb.jpg.00ef6e543b1d96cfe1e79706700b6857.jpg

Schaefer

I think these are all placeholder values before we get costumizable rigs with interchangable plates and stuff.