After 0.12.4 status update

TheWay

Hello, rebziki!

So, after the dust has settled, We decided to give you current status - what is going on and what's planned for the patch 12.5.

First of all, no matter what, thank you for your feedback related to new features - we did a lot of balancing changes to weight system, we fought headbobbing problem and currently working on hotfixes related to all the major problems you described recently.

Also we are continuing to modify servers, currently testing new load balancing system to increase the amount of free rooms to play, adding new servers in different regions. Actively working with BattlEye.

So, the next 0.12.5 patch will be 95% fixes and optimizations. It will include a couple of features like quick after raid healing, post-effects filters, no additional content.

That's it! As we said before - we plan to do patches every month. So it will be not so long till 0.12.5.

Thank you for support! The game will be more complex, we will introduce many features that will require testing and changes - don't forget this!

And the most importantly - stay safe and be careful in this difficult times!

tGLHJvtrIrs.jpg

• Like 16
  • Hot 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mrdoodlebug said:

Any hopes of the recoil system being put back to the way it was with no screen shake? 

I really enjoyed it when using single shot weapons that aren't exactly meta (Short barrel SA-58, ASh-12).

Too bad it's gone, I don't think it is ever coming back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mrdoodlebug said:

Any hopes of the recoil system being put back to the way it was with no screen shake? 

Go shoot a real gun and let me know how your head bobs? Or go play COD? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kujo1207 said:

Go shoot a real gun and let me know how your head bobs? Or go play COD? 

I have and my head didn't start shaking like I had epilepsy 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, mrdoodlebug said:

It it was a bug, but we saw that you liked how it was, so we will think about how to implement it in a perfect way ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheWay said:

It it was a bug, but we saw that you liked how it was, so we will think about how to implement it in a perfect way ;)

This is why I love the BSG devs 

3 minutes ago, Kazimir_D said:

Ok sorry if this was not allowed can delete if needed

There is no need, sir.

Best way to share a issue/bug with us is directly through the in-game launcher, please do that for all the future issues that you will encounter.

You can see the instruction how to do that in the topic that I am sharing below:

Thank you for every report!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

we did a lot of balancing changes to weight system

I think it's sad to see that the weight balance has been pushed back so far just because of the outcry, not it seems hardly relevant and I can't say it has affected my gameplay in any notable shape or form since it was pushed back to 75KG. It seems like a waste of resources to implement such a system into the game when it is now barely relevant.

I've read this German online article earlier today how in EFT "looting is now being punished" which almost had me pull my hair it was so dumb.

They had a screenshot in that article where they were trying to argue that, if you take a heavy loadout that you can barely take any more extra loot before being overweight.

• 1.PNG.353617ec997d5603a1b07b660f78ee69.PNG

Which is an absolutely nonsensical argument, because it totally makes sense, that if you want to go for lots of loot, then you should run lightweight loadouts, this way sacrificing possible combat effectiveness but being able to carry more loot.

In return if a player prefers to use heavy loadouts and want to have a possibly high combat effectiveness, then they should expect not to be able to carry as much extra loot.

It's a trade-off that players should consider and would be a realistic implementation into the game. But unfortunately it seem to have been out-cried into the ground.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Hatchlings are becoming an issue again.

Smoke just met 4 hatchlings and one pistoler in the same Labs raid and then 3 hatchlings on the Interchange in the next run on the US servers. You can check out his recent stream.

Please consider locking the secured container for barter and hideout items, sights and suppressors but remove the SCAV cooldown for those who have less than 1 mil Roubles total stash value (to help new players).

Maybe it is worth introducing some bootcamp/training mode available for players below lvl 10 (without access to the ammo & armor from the flea market) -- an online mode but without saving progression or money (similar to offline but with other human players and scavs). It will help new players to learn fighting other players in order to improve survivability in the main mode and reduce the need for hatchet runs.

BSG representatives can officially ask streamers to kindly stop promoting hatchet runs. Most streamers do them unfortunately causing a snowball effect.

All hatchlings must die as raids with them feel empty and boring to play or to watch on stream. They just rush to the best loot and disconnect early. It looks like they are not tagged and cursed anymore, at least on Labs and Interchange.

Is Smoke's streamer item coming BTW? His chat was curious today as BSG representatives contacted him about this long time ago (before many other streamers who's got their items even started playing the game). He is one of a few streamers playing the game without bunny-hopping and run-and-gunning and this promotes the realistic and hardcore gameplay which Tarkov is supposed to be played according to the game description on the official website.

Edited by ataros

vor 1 Stunde schrieb mrdoodlebug:

I have and my head didn't start shaking like I had epilepsy 

"Head bobbing" is a real thing, watch any raw gopro footage shoot without stabilizer where the cam was mounted to a helmet. It is edited out in most video and game applications to make it more enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EDBerG316 said:

"Head bobbing" is a real thing, watch any raw gopro footage shoot without stabilizer where the cam was mounted to a helmet. It is edited out in most video and game applications to make it more enjoyable.

Okay sure but your brain and eyes autocorrect for the "head bobbing" so you don't see it. Since you "see" from the prespective of your pmc you shouldn't be able to notice any kind of head bobbing either.

Edited by dadiexpertt
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheWay said:

Also we are continuing to modify servers, currently testing new load balancing system to increase the amount of free rooms to play, adding new servers in different regions. Actively working with BattlEye.

I was waiting for this most than anything else. I hope the Asian server will be better. We are sick of long matching times.

• Upvote 1

Just want to say i love this game allot! ive played allot of different survival / hardcore fps shooter games and this is just amazing!. i love the hardcoreness of it. the unforgivable death if you make a mistake! :D thanks for such a wonderful game

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ataros said:

Smoke just met 4 hatchlings and one pistoler in the same Labs raid and then 3 hatchlings on the Interchange in the next run on the US servers. You can check out his recent stream.

Please consider locking the secured container for barter and hideout items, sights and suppressors but remove the SCAV cooldown for those who have less than 1 mil Roubles total stash value (to help new players).

Maybe it is worth introducing some bootcamp/training mode available for players below lvl 10 (without access to the ammo & armor from the flea market) -- an online mode but without saving progression or money (similar to offline but with other human players and scavs). It will help new players to learn fighting other players in order to improve survivability in the main mode and reduce the need for hatchet runs.

BSG representatives can officially ask streamers to kindly stop promoting hatchet runs. Most streamers do them unfortunately causing a snowball effect.

All hatchlings must die as raids with them feel empty and boring to play or to watch on stream. They just rush to the best loot and disconnect early. It looks like they are not tagged and cursed anymore, at least on Labs and Interchange.

Is Smoke's streamer item coming BTW? His chat was curious today as BSG representatives contacted him about this long time ago (before many other streamers who's got their items even started playing the game). He is one of a few streamers playing the game without bunny-hopping and run-and-gunning and this promotes the realistic and hardcore gameplay which Tarkov is supposed to be played according to the game description on the official website.

One "small" idea could fix that and many other problems, that is servers locked over and under lvl 10 or 15. (Fleamarket opens too after the lvl mark) So first part of the game is like tutorial in disguise, you can focus more to quests than the high geared veteran players who has nothing to lose having so many advantages besides just skill. People can start to progress on online little bit more easily so no need to just run around gather the necessities to container. Everyone wants to lvl up and progress in game so i think just offline or training mode won´t help the overall problem cause the gap is so huge. Hours and hours of gameplay without any progress, just to start the actual game. And after the lvl 10 (or 15) players have already money, gear and skills to play "as they should" and if one starts hatchetruns there´s more veterans against him so he/she won´t get too far. Also this removes the need for wipes too imo.

2 hours ago, Lux90 said:

After Patch 0.12.4 I´ve noticed a lot more lags and stutters. Anyone else or is my pc just too bad now?

I'd imagine everyone is experiencing this, many people I've spoken to are reporting the same thing 

2 hours ago, hiekkamestari said:

One "small" idea could fix that and many other problems, that is servers locked over and under lvl 10 or 15. (Fleamarket opens too after the lvl mark) So first part of the game is like tutorial in disguise, you can focus more to quests than the high geared veteran players who has nothing to lose having so many advantages besides just skill. People can start to progress on online little bit more easily so no need to just run around gather the necessities to container. Everyone wants to lvl up and progress in game so i think just offline or training mode won´t help the overall problem cause the gap is so huge. Hours and hours of gameplay without any progress, just to start the actual game. And after the lvl 10 (or 15) players have already money, gear and skills to play "as they should" and if one starts hatchetruns there´s more veterans against him so he/she won´t get too far. Also this removes the need for wipes too imo.

I hate to say this, but we need level locks.  1-10, and then 10-whatever. 

can we make the weight system harsher? I mean, its not even noticeable and for you guys to work so hard on a system that doesn't even come into play EVER. then whats the point in even having it?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, ataros said:

I'd not mess with Scav cooldown but let people work on their skills while as a Scav too, of course at a lesser pace than with their PMCs, maybe then people will not just run out of the raid with the gear they spawned with and resort to less cheese trying to level them up but actually play the game and get into some PvP?

• Upvote 1