Buriable mini stash boxes

Zolty47

Hello everyone,

what I would like as a feature is a stash box, that could be bought by a trader. Buried in earth or hidden somewhere you like.

Aspects:

1. Can be hidden on a map, it respawns on this map, if you play it again, of course only in your session.

2. Is 4x2 fields big

3. Only 1 hidden stash box per map maximal

4. It can be found by others too, but only in your game session.

Example: if you hide it on Woods and leave the map, then it only spawns on Woods again and only in your play session. You are always in control.

5. It should replace the secure container as a safe loot box.

Secure container should be brought in gear only, no loot allowed

6. Loot put into this mini stash box stays on the map, if you want it then take it an later run, if you feel more confident in surviving the round.

7. Since it CAN be buried it is almost impossible for others to find. But others can still get the interact symbol, by directly looking at it at close.

8. In woods, when 8 PMCs spawn for example, then can be only 8 mini stash boxes be hidden on this map. Only spawns with the player who owns it.

9. In a scav run the stash box does not spawn.

10. Burying it in sand / earth takes 15 seconds.

Edited by Zolty47

If this was a sandbox game then yea absolutely this could be fun but its a server based game. Would be unfair and might as well start being able to build bases and what not like the EPOC mod on ARMA.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ssdukenukem:

If this was a sandbox game then yea absolutely this could be fun but its a server based game. Would be unfair and might as well start being able to build bases and what not like the EPOC mod on ARMA.

If my idea is unfair then the secure container is absolutely broken. But please read. Some extra perspectives.

Nah, nothing too crazy, would work like the stash boxes that are currently in the game alteady. That are hidden in bushes, under dead leaves, in durt / waste holes etc.. These stash boxes with ammo etc that have static spots.

The PMC mini stashes can be found, but not moved by everyone. But you eont find them on map guides of course. Who would be foulish enough to let the minis in 1 place for more than 10 rounds?

Please remember, extracting containing loot of the stash is by extract point only

By introducing these "nerfed secure containers" we could balance the current real secure container.

Secure container, being brought in gear only, not loot and the mini stash box could satisfy both sides.

The hatchlings and anti hatchlings.

The mini stash box could be your hamster bag, loot it if map is cleaned of raiders and other PMCs.

Setting the minimal raid time to 15 minutes completes the set up.

A hatchling could park his fancy red keycard into the mini stash, bury it (15 seconds animationn) in earth and then go to extract where juggernauts already wait.

Its a fair compromise, because the mini stash saves the loot not 100 %, like the secure container does.

I find it frustratingly unfair, if a hatchling runs for the red keycards on Shoreline, takes it into the secure container. Even if I kill him, i dont get the chance for the red keycard. Make it necessary 

My suggestion could make looting more exciting without stepping on sbs toes too heavily.

Additionally: you can save good loot against extract campers into your mini stash, which position is only known to you.

Just be careful, that you are not followed by sb.

Edited by Zolty47
Tipping mistake

1 hour ago, Zolty47 said:

If my idea is unfair then the secure container is absolutely broken. But please read. Some extra perspectives.

Nah, nothing too crazy, would work like the stash boxes that are currently in the game alteady. That are hidden in bushes, under dead leaves, in durt / waste holes etc.. These stash boxes with ammo etc that have static spots.

The PMC mini stashes can be found, but not moved by everyone. But you eont find them on map guides of course. Who would be foulish enough to let the minis in 1 place for more than 10 rounds?

Please remember, extracting containing loot of the stash is by extract point only

By introducing these "nerfed secure containers" we could balance the current real secure container.

Secure container, being brought in gear only, not loot and the mini stash box could satisfy both sides.

The hatchlings and anti hatchlings.

The mini stash box could be your hamster bag, loot it if map is cleaned of raiders and other PMCs.

Setting the minimal raid time to 15 minutes completes the set up.

A hatchling could park his fancy red keycard into the mini stash, bury it (15 seconds animationn) in earth and then go to extract where juggernauts already wait.

Its a fair compromise, because the mini stash saves the loot not 100 %, like the secure container does.

I find it frustratingly unfair, if a hatchling runs for the red keycards on Shoreline, takes it into the secure container. Even if I kill him, i dont get the chance for the red keycard. Make it necessary 

My suggestion could make looting more exciting without stepping on sbs toes too heavily.

Additionally: you can save good loot against extract campers into your mini stash, which position is only known to you.

Just be careful, that you are not followed by sb.

Personal Beta or Gamma cases aren't broken because they cannot be looted and are considered as "emergency case" in order to strategically bring in items. You decide before you deploy if you keep it for important loot or it will be for survival.

It being unfair that that person gets a keycard no matter if they die or not because of the unlootable case isn't a fair assessment and sounds like greed to me. They ran in naked, survived SCAVs/PMCs, and were able to loot/find a keycard....they deserve it.

Now if this game wasn't one which you lose all your gear/invested money in your character then i would totally agree that this would be a really cool thing. Honestly i think if they were larger than just 2x2 or 3x2 it would make things much more interesting, BUT that would create a sandbox scenario.

If you want to create looting more exciting i say create roaming looted scavs which act similar to PMCs. They linger, roam randomly in the map, camp certain areas, and travel in packs between 2-5. They could be something like "raiders" but less looted and less skilled or a randomized assortment, like PMCs.

I get what youre trying to do and could be fun to "hunt" the PMC down rather than just kill on sight, but this isn't the way to do it. Honestly there should be something that can link 2 squads of 5 PMCs each to battle a larger force of super heavy SCAVs rather than only PvP.

Food for thought

vor 16 Stunden schrieb ssdukenukem:

Personal Beta or Gamma cases aren't broken because they cannot be looted and are considered as "emergency case" in order to strategically bring in items. You decide before you deploy if you keep it for important loot or it will be for survival.

Let us try to find a good solution that is ok for everyone. The change will touch only a handul of loot, but very influencial ones.

Zitat

It being unfair that that person gets a keycard no matter if they die or not because of the unlootable case isn't a fair assessment and sounds like greed to me. They ran in naked, survived SCAVs/PMCs, and were able to loot/find a keycard....they deserve it.

That is a complex topic, but you can justify it way more as a geared player, and if you would have to survive to get it, that it would make hatchlings less suicidal and more interesting as opponents. Plus still, fighting each other and being anxious until the last second of the match, bc the loot wouldnt be safe in container is a way more strong experience.

Zitat

Now if this game wasn't one which you lose all your gear/invested money in your character then i would totally agree that this would be a really cool thing. Honestly i think if they were larger than just 2x2 or 3x2 it.

That your gear is at stake is the major point, that makes it so exciting.

Remember, that you have no access to these stash boxes ftom your hide out. To get it, you have to play the certain map and risk sth.

Zitat

If you want to create looting more exciting i say create roaming looted scavs which act similar to PMCs. 

That would be tricky to implement, later on an updated version of my feature set.

Zitat

I get what youre trying to do and could be fun to "hunt" the PMC down ...

&&Only for being attentive I added this, but it could be fun for some "smart play".

There is also the possibility to recognize it by accident, earth looks wierd/ out of place.&&

Food for thought

So, to implement stash boxes and to improve about the flaws that you have mentioned.

Hatchling runs may be effective, but boring and unimmersive to play against. To encourage people more to risk something, without punishing new players.

To solve spawning, looting, balance etc., because many features influence each other, please consider all supposed changes as a complete package:

1. Spawning:

More PMC spawning points inside the map, balancing ---> inside low loot / no loot rooms and buildings. Shoreline could work fine with that.

Even if sb spawns at the "better" spawn, following changes balance that advantage out.

2. Secure container:

Only for personal owned gear, not for loot, gets balanced and fair with other changes kept in mind

3. Buriable / hidable mini stash boxes 

A.  Can be bought by traders, 1x4 fields, 2x4 fields and 3x4 fields version, look similiar to the static hidden loot boxes, which are often hidden in bushes, under dead leaves etc.., 2 kg, 4 kg and 8 kg heavily, very robust. 

Get it by quests or much money.

B. Only 1 stash box per map, so 1 for Woods, 1 for Interchange etc.

C. Consider the stash box as your "hamster bag" , loot it if you are confident in killing the exit campers, there you can put red keycards in, as hatchling for example useful.

Take it as a juggernaut later with you.

Even a hatchling will care about his life, until he gets the loot into his "hamster bag".

D. Stash box can take any gear/loot, that fits in it, also guns

E. Stash box spawns and respawns only in your game session, explaination: if you have hidden it on Woods, and somebody else plays Woods, it wont spawn if you arent in his game session too. So dont be worried about loosing sth.

Just play Woods again, if you plan to loot your "hamster bag".

F. If you play a Woods session for example, the other spawned ~ 8 PMCs and player scavs could theroetically find it too, but it is very rare.

G. Just be careful not being followed. Your Stash box does not spawn in your scav run.

H. Change its position sometimes, just being on the safe side.

---> The devil is in the details, so many little things to consider. The hamster bag (freely placeable on the map, can aldo be buried in earth) will be hatchlings best friend. But lets others still have a chance to get the loot too.

4. Minimal raid time is locked to 18 minutes for PMCs, if they are above level 15.

Nrw players have no min raid time.

So hatchlings would have to survive an longer time with precious loot and other players can still have a chance to get the loot ( dont forget secure container change).

A reason to bring some gear in to be able to defend it OR play as a smart sneaky rat, that avoids geared players.

Naked runs are unfun for other players, please consider it in regard of balancing game mechanics!

Edited by Zolty47

Hatchling runs will be mainly something for new players, below 15 level beginners to get some loot without risking much. 

But I guess to balance the stash boxes there would need to be some placement limitations.

Since their look is quite unique and can also be placed anywhere inside buildings they "hamster bags" can be seen as random loot boxes too. You will never know where the opponent PMCs have put their stash boxes until you recognize one.

Edited by Zolty47

I get the fact that stashes may be fun and may be interesting to have where you can access them by only playing but what is the point of it?

Hear me out

If you have something you have looted and you only have a 2x2 to a 4x3 buryable stash, what will you put in it? Cash? Single spaced items? Pistols?

What is the massive reward people will get by finding/looting those stashes other than, most likely, medical supplies?

If there was a larger reward than just messing up someone's medical stash then i get it. Noone is going to put a keycard in there, they will extract or attempt to before they even get close to their own stash. Why would they go to their stash first rather than extract with something so valuable?

Even if the stashes were larger, why would anyone store weapons in there? You spawn with what you need as a PMC, why bother with a in map stash?

I get the whole SCAV acting like a PMC thing is hard to implement but we, as players, are trying to suggest things that make the devs think abit. This stash idea is great in a sandbox game, unfortunately i don't think it would work in Tarkov