Sign in to follow this  
Zolty47

Dead letter boxes, stash boxes

Zolty47

Hello everyone,

I had recently the idea about dead letter boxes.

Every trader has some dead letter boxes on maps ( not every map ).

In these you could put your  gear to extract it, if its insured.

You can also put loot in it, but it will cost you 50 % of its value to buy it from him back. Has to be bought back immediately after raid, otherwise you loose the ownership on it.

The dead letter boxes are marked with the symbol of the owning trader.

Every map has some dead letter boxes, but not of every trader. Only 4 dead letter boxes per map.

Labs has 2. Factory has 1.

Second idea: buriable stash boxes

Dont be worried, I take load times into the account, and other details.

1. Can be aquired via quests, and bought for much money

2. Sizes:

- 2x3 fields, weight: 2 kg, takes 6 fields in backpack

- 3x3 fields, weight: 4 kg, takes 9 fields in backpack

- 3x4 fields, weight: 6 kg takes 12 fields in backpack

3. Is like a hamster bag, can be buried or hidden somewhere on the map, can be looted from other players. But they are hard to find.

4. Good for hatchlings, against exit campers

5. Take the loot from the buried stash box if you feel safe making it out of the map alive (bc you are heavily armoured and gunned)

6. Its like your own treasure box, you should remember its position or make an in-game treasure map.

7. Looting this treasure map from a corpse makes you a treasure hunter!

8. Buring this stash box and unbury it is only possible with the shovel. Its a melee weapon with an unique ability.

I am excited about your feedback.

The stash box is intended for loot, the secure container could be changed to "owned gear" only, not anymore for loot.

Stash boxes, spawn mechanic:

A. Your stash box spawns only on your game session. So on a map where 12 PMCs spawn can only be 12 stash boxes for example. The wont be loading problems.

Maybe more than 100.000 people play this game. But only your stash box and your opponents stash boxes will get spawned, so on a max 12 PMC raid map, only 12 stash boxes can spawn.

I hope that was precisely enough discribed.

I am excited about your feedback!

tambo22003
17 hours ago, Zolty47 said:

Hello everyone,

I had recently the idea about dead letter boxes.

Every trader has some dead letter boxes on maps ( not every map ).

In these you could put your  gear to extract it, if its insured.

You can also put loot in it, but it will cost you 50 % of its value to buy it from him back. Has to be bought back immediately after raid, otherwise you loose the ownership on it.

The dead letter boxes are marked with the symbol of the owning trader.

Every map has some dead letter boxes, but not of every trader. Only 4 dead letter boxes per map.

Labs has 2. Factory has 1.

Second idea: buriable stash boxes

Dont be worried, I take load times into the account, and other details.

1. Can be aquired via quests, and bought for much money

2. Sizes:

- 2x3 fields, weight: 2 kg, takes 6 fields in backpack

- 3x3 fields, weight: 4 kg, takes 9 fields in backpack

- 3x4 fields, weight: 6 kg takes 12 fields in backpack

3. Is like a hamster bag, can be buried or hidden somewhere on the map, can be looted from other players. But they are hard to find.

4. Good for hatchlings, against exit campers

5. Take the loot from the buried stash box if you feel safe making it out of the map alive (bc you are heavily armoured and gunned)

6. Its like your own treasure box, you should remember its position or make an in-game treasure map.

7. Looting this treasure map from a corpse makes you a treasure hunter!

8. Buring this stash box and unbury it is only possible with the shovel. Its a melee weapon with an unique ability.

I am excited about your feedback.

The stash box is intended for loot, the secure container could be changed to "owned gear" only, not anymore for loot.

Stash boxes, spawn mechanic:

A. Your stash box spawns only on your game session. So on a map where 12 PMCs spawn can only be 12 stash boxes for example. The wont be loading problems.

Maybe more than 100.000 people play this game. But only your stash box and your opponents stash boxes will get spawned, so on a max 12 PMC raid map, only 12 stash boxes can spawn.

I hope that was precisely enough discribed.

I am excited about your feedback!

No, too much codes for programmers.

Zolty47

Actually no, the principles are simple, the details make it look complicated.

1. Minimal Raid time lock to 18 minutes for above level 15 players/PMCs will make the survival aspect of the game stronger and weakens hatchling runs effectiveness. Hatchlings will be a low level thing.

2. Secure container is completely locked against loot, loot cant be seperated from body survival.

---> hatchling runners suicidal behaviour will be a thing of the past.

3. Buriable /hideable mini stash boxes:

Will be your hamster bags, empty it if you feel confident surviving the match.

Short explanation: Is a "treasure chest", your PMC will automatically create a treasure map to find it again later. Just simple "hidden" treasure chests, in a toilet for example, dont require a drawn map.

To make it more interesting of a mechanic:

Different sizes:

-3x3 fields size version

- 4x4 fields size version

- 5x5 fields size version.

Details and balancing:

1. Only 1 mini stash per map possible, for you

2. Your Mini-stash spawns only with you into the same game session, so by 10 spawned PMCs only 10 stashes at once maximal possible.

3. Treasure map has to be taken into a match to find a buried stash again, map can be looted/taken from your corpse.

A simply hidden treasure chest / mini stash, among durt waste for example does not require a treasure map, but can also be seen from other players.

4. Can be buried only in earth / sand, and has to be at least 10 meters away from buildings. Draw a "non-stash box" zone with a 15 meter radius around buildings.

5. Treasure map will use in game maps, the chest gets marked with a red "X", on the map is a magnetic compass drawn too, to know the position precisely

Maybe other ways to achieve same goal.

***The treasure chest feature will make treasure hunting to be a thing.

It replaces secure container safe loot mechanic, secure container will be ONLY own gear, not loot***

That sounds complicated, but this treasure thing is an old feature from other games, achieved multiple times before.

Treasure chest is your hamster bag, very useful in times of the weight system, so you can save much more loot.

Edited by Zolty47