The-Kraken_ZA

South African Servers Are Online

The-Kraken_ZA

Hi all. South African servers are now online, located in Johannesburg. Please note there may be teething issues initially, as can be expected with anything new. Please bear with us while this stabilizes, and the server is optimized. Please also use this form to provide feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-gZEzSrS-6e0qFLkicMH4XhPcn8nfx_4tR8wQ5-jKsfOyRQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

MoertoeZA

Already feeling a MASSIVE difference! Thanks Kraken for pushing this and BS for implementation! NO MORE PING WARNINGS YAY!!!!

• Like 2

m3aTBaG_ZA

Awesome news. I'm having so much better gameplay. This took EFT to a whole new level for us. Keep up the great work. Thanks!

• Like 2

spanna

Great job BSG!

I'm glad you guys have a new home now. I'm just wondering in South Africa the cooling in that thing must be intense :)

• Like 1

shadows101fall

It feels like a whole new game, thank you BSG. In all honesty I never expected that we would get our own server, but I am sure a lot of South Africans didn't want to pick up the game because they would have had to deal with a 200 ping in a game where milliseconds matter, we have an alright player base but I hope the local player base explodes over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Voorblad

Raids are extremely boring, feel like I'm the only PMC in every raid? Am I the only one who feels like this?

Made 10m rubles in 5 reserve raids because I'm basically running around uncontested

The-Kraken_ZA
28 minutes ago, Voorblad said:

Raids are extremely boring, feel like I'm the only PMC in every raid? Am I the only one who feels like this?

Made 10m rubles in 5 reserve raids because I'm basically running around uncontested

Well, it's the middle of a work day, so servers will be generally more quite. That being said, I've run into a lot of users so far, so it also depends on which map. 

This weekend will be a true test of how busy the servers will be. I also expect more people to buy the game in the coming days, now that there are local servers.

• Like 1

tgl2028

Loving the Local Servers! 

It feels like a new game, i will be pushing all my friends to get EFT now.

Best game i have ever played.

Thank you BSG!

• Like 1

Voorblad
1 hour ago, The-Kraken_ZA said:

Well, it's the middle of a work day, so servers will be generally more quite. That being said, I've run into a lot of users so far, so it also depends on which map. 

This weekend will be a true test of how busy the servers will be. I also expect more people to buy the game in the coming days, now that there are local servers.

I really hope it picks up, because there is no other way to choose another server, but if the server picks up it will be really great

PeaCe69

Hi all,

Thanks for pushing this. Its huge for eft players in Africa. Just also remember south africans are only finding out about this as it comes. Give it a few weeks and every eft player will be on the servers and enjoying the low ping and also able to invite friends as we all know. It's hard to get a friend into the game with 180ms

• Like 1

OyabunKamikaze

FINALY!!!!!! 

• Like 1

juicebox_tgs

Last night, there I was, loading into my first game of Tarkov in about 2 months, was just going to do a couple custom raids to get back into the swing of things. Load in and see my ping at 30, i chuckle, man i really wish that was the case huh. Go around and see a scav and shoot... it dies instantly, i am confused, shoot again and see another scav drop instantly. Immediatly alt F4 the game to check servers, a tear rolls down my cheek as i fear i am dreaming, or God is pulling a trick on me, but i havnt woken up from this dream.

Thanks so much to whomever was pushing this issue and thanks to BSG, i cant believe this is happening and i truely thank you. The game feels absolutely amazing :D

• Like 1

_WickJ_

Much love to Battle State Games thank you for servers in SA !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Blix3M_ZA

This is awesome! Thanks BS games, the game feels so much better not having to deal with a ping of 160. I've brought 4 more friends to Tarkov, and there is a few more that will hopefully get the game in the next couple weeks. 

Pr4wN

Thank you soooooo much! It feels like a whole new game.

spanna

Sat here with a massive grin on my face because BSG are as awesome as the player base here, It must be like I remember dial-up connections at 28.8k to fibre optic - massive difference.

Well good luck my South African brothers,  I'll see you on the battlefield :D:D:D

christiaandavel

HI all I'm relatively new to the game and i'm looking to get into it more now that we have our own server. I'd love to buddy up and play with other people, but i don't know how to go about this. Would any of you be able to help me/willing to play as a group sometime ?

The-Kraken_ZA
On 3/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, christiaandavel said:

HI all I'm relatively new to the game and i'm looking to get into it more now that we have our own server. I'd love to buddy up and play with other people, but i don't know how to go about this. Would any of you be able to help me/willing to play as a group sometime ?

Best place would be the Discord: EFT ZA Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/7RKBUDk

PyRoZeNiC

Hi All, 

i would love to join the EFT community, but is there somewhere it can be purchased where you dont need to pay in dollars?

just under R900 seems a little much

CypriS777
Posted (edited)

I really wish the ping cap can be raised from UK to SA, i cant play with my friends and family anymore and it sucks. I get 170-180 ping and i get kicked in about 5 seconds. It used to be fine but it seems BSG has lowered the cap even more now.

Edited by CypriS777

HugeZA
On 6/20/2020 at 10:42 PM, CypriS777 said:

I really wish the ping cap can be raised from UK to SA, i cant play with my friends and family anymore and it sucks. I get 170-180 ping and i get kicked in about 5 seconds. It used to be fine but it seems BSG has lowered the cap even more now.

Region locking the game is the easiest way to isolate antisocial behavior. It is a drastic step, but something which is in place in many games. Perhaps the ping limit will be revised in the future when additions have been made to the anti-cheat etc, but for now go join the SA discord channel. Heaps of friendly people there to jam with. 

• Like 1

SmokeGh0st

Hello Guys 

I was not even aware that the game now has South African server. 

Is it worth the purchase? what is the population like? are the servers busy?

• Upvote 1

The-Kraken_ZA
On 7/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, SmokeGh0st said:

Hello Guys 

I was not even aware that the game now has South African server. 

Is it worth the purchase? what is the population like? are the servers busy?

Hey man. The local servers aren't as busy as EU servers for example, but there are pleanty of busy raids in peak times. During business hours, they are a bit quieter, and you may have 1 or 2 dead raids from time to time.

That being said, the community is growing quickly now that we have local servers. Have a look at the ZA Facebook group to see how busy it is.

• Like 1

SmokeGh0st
22 hours ago, The-Kraken_ZA said:

Hey man. The local servers aren't as busy as EU servers for example, but there are pleanty of busy raids in peak times. During business hours, they are a bit quieter, and you may have 1 or 2 dead raids from time to time.

That being said, the community is growing quickly now that we have local servers. Have a look at the ZA Facebook group to see how busy it is.

Hey Man thank you for the reply. I have joined the facebook groups as suggested will probably give it a try this weekend. If all goes well I will try to convince a few of my friends to join.  

Thanks again. 

• Like 2

Steevodon

Bonjour
Je suis informé qu’Orange a une connexion directe à Johannesburg, mais j’ai encore un PING à 300 alors que je suis un client Orange.
Avez-vous des informations à ce sujet, ou même une solution et / ou un conseil à proposer?
Merci!!!!