Any tips for a beginner?

Frappy

Right, so I'm decent at FPS games. Back in the day when I played CS:GO, I used to carry my team almost every time. I've got good aim and stuff but I'm pretty poo at EFT. I've been wanting to play a game like this for YEARS but I keep losing motivation because I'm just really trash. When I have some shitty stuff laying around in my stash, I take them, hop into a game and get killed the first 1-2 Min in. Then I spend 500K on good gear and either encounter a 5 man PMC group or get 1 tapped out of nowhere. I used to be better but I'm just getting worse and worse. I keep losing money, and had a total of 2.5K roubles at some point. I was at 1.7M roubles a few days ago because I got extremely lucky in reserve and killed 2 sweaty bois. It was a combination of the guys teammate being stupid, allowing me to 1 tap him, and that the guy was using a terribly modded M4 which he was not able to hit me with, so there wasn't really any skill involved. I played away about 500K of that in a few hours. I'm lvl 17, over 120 hours into the game, but man I've been playing less and less because I'm simply very frustrated and I feel like I can only beat AI. When it comes to PMCs, I always feel like the other players are going to win, no matter what. I'd even say I'm starting to be scared of them.

If anyone could give me any tips on how to get better at this game, I'd appreciate it a lot. I kind of know the maps. I can play customs without a map, still learning reserve but know where everything is and where to go.

Best Regards

Frappy

1 minute ago, sYs said:

Don't die. 

I always focus on survival and not being trigger happy. Helps me a lot. 

I don't know what you mean by that. Every PMC I've encountered pretty much EVER, has killed me. I don't even have time to think or focus on survival because I'll just die so quickly.

33 minutes ago, Thormato said:

He means, stop encountering PMC unless you have to

Oh, right. If I think about it, I am often just after blood so that's why I'm getting killed. Thanks!

Edited by Frappy