Flea Market Revamp

Hello Developers, PMCs and Scavs.

I love the flea market since its implementation, but it also has a bad aftertaste.
In the Tarkov game world, we have a great build up background story, but it's completely ignored in the game design aspect of the flea market.

So I would like to suggest some changes that have been mentioned and discussed by most of us streamers in the EFT scene and that were also covered in Jedi Redsevens podcast yesterday. I do not know if these suggestions have already been addressed here in the forum, so I am writing my suggestions here for your consideration. I would also be interested in what others think, maybe there are more good ideas that we can collect for the developers.

Suggestions:

1. Prohibit Sales of Items, that are sold from Traders in Tarkov. The Traders like Prapor would hunt you and shoot you down, if you would buy AK's from him and sale it for the double amount of money on the flea market. In the Tarkov Background Story it would look like you are trying to destroy the Market of the Traders.
  2. Alternative or additional option would be to only allow to sale "Found in Raid" Items like Guns, Gear and other Items on the Flea Market.
  3. Items Looted in Raid from PMCs should be marked as "Found in Raid" Items. To make it possible to sell Weapons and Gear on Flea Market.

I hope we can get a better Trading experience in Tarkov with such suggestions for the developers. If more suggestions regarding Flea Market rise up, we might start a poll.
At a later stage in the game's development, we may need to meet and greet the traders in the game world in order to trade, rather than pressing the menu button.

Kind regards,

MKev

Edited by MKev
2 hours ago, MKev said:

Prohibit Sales of Items, that are sold from Traders in Tarkov. The Traders like Prapor would hunt you and shoot you down, if you would buy AK's from him and sale it for the double amount of money on the flea market. In the Tarkov Background Story it would look like you are trying to destroy the Market of the Traders.

I disagree. It's pretty common in every business to resell to a higher price. Actually it's very uncommon to produce and sell to the customer.

2 hours ago, MKev said:

Alternative or additional option would be to only allow to sale "Found in Raid" Items like Guns, Gear and other Items on the Flea Market. 

The incentive is to prevent goldselling from EFT? That is the only thing that comes to mind that makes sense. 

What would be awesome if the flea market would be acceptable only via quest. Fence comes to mind:

Hand in some stuff and get the darknet address for the flea market.

Afterwards you can build a pc at the intelligence center where you can access the flea market via some TOR browser. 

That would force gold seller to actually do some questing. 

What is from a RPG perspective a bit fishy, is that you get instant delivery in a Dystopia.

2 hours ago, MKev said:

Items Looted in Raid from PMCs should be marked as "Found in Raid" Items. To make it possible to sell Weapons and Gear on Flea Market.

Have you noticed the little checkmark in the bottom corner of items indication they are 'found in raid'?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Grrrrrrh:

I disagree. It's pretty common in every business to resell to a higher price. Actually it's very uncommon to produce and sell to the customer.

In the Tarkov Story (that is still under development but direction is clear), there is no running business. You are trading with scavs and pseudo officials. In other Words, you are roaming around locked down territory and you are forced to trade with criminals, U.N. Workers, Warlords, Red Cross doctors and shady people so to speak. Nikita described the vision that u have to meet the traders in World one day, in order to speak and trade with them. The System for Trading that is in place right now can be considered as placeholder. The Intention of the Fleamarket was Bartering Items. Now we have a Fleamarket that looks like a Marketplace where there should be no such place, since nobody lives in Tarkov anymore, except roaming scavengers, shady raiders and the two PMC factions that try to figure out what went wrong in Tarkov. Maybe we will not have any Flea Market like we have now in the future.

The incentive is to prevent goldselling from EFT? That is the only thing that comes to mind that makes sense. 

Good point, but i did not have any goldsellers in mind. Goldsellers are like "common cold" - an Evil that every game who has item selling in place got to deal with.

What would be awesome if the flea market would be acceptable only via quest. Fence comes to mind:
Hand in some stuff and get the darknet address for the flea market.
Afterwards you can build a pc at the intelligence center where you can access the flea market via some TOR browser. 
That would force gold seller to actually do some questing. 

Thats actually a very good idea. I write that down for a later poll.

Have you noticed the little checkmark in the bottom corner of items indication they are 'found in raid'?

I know this checkmarks yes. But not every item you loot from an PMC has a checkmark. I suggested this checkmarks for weapons and gear like armor to consider, if a system where you can only trade "found in raid" items comes in place.

regards.

Edited by MKev