mtvpls

Why is this game already pay to win?

mtvpls

Hey devs, why are you selling direct ingame advantages to whoever preorders the most expensive game packs?

Saying you won't have microtransactions, and then offering wallet warriors an advantage, is like a girl who stays a virgin until marriage, but takes it up the back door anyway. 

Edited by mtvpls
  • Cold 14
  • Sad 1

mtvpls
2 минуты назад, Hellspassage сказал:

get the f*** out

That's cute and I'm sure you're butthurt because you preordered the most expensive pack and don't want anyone to have the same advantages.

Also very cute of you to charge in here and drop the F bomb without any hint of a sensible thought. 

• Cold 11

mtvpls
2 минуты назад, Hellspassage сказал:

you litterally joined 30 mins ago and you are already s***posting. but its ok you are probably just some dumb teenager that doesn't know better. and if you cant haddle f*** on the internet you will never make it in the real word. so please. get the f*** out.

Oh look, there goes the F bomber again. I'm sure you just started growing pubes and your voice got a little deeper, so you're very proud of yourself and feeling like a real tough guy who can F bomb everyone on the internet back to the stone age. That's cute. But keep your hormones to yourself. 

• Cold 8
  • Sad 1

Krizu

This question is actually really interesting, considering the guys learnt their lessons at Contract Wars, a quite horrible P2W game. I know, back when EfT was still called russia2028, the rumours went, they hired at that company to earn money to finalize russia2028 at least.

And second to that, I completely object to this sadly modern way of cashing in before delivering a working product, that comes with preorders, early access, paid betas et all.

I'd love to see how open minded this young studio is when it comes to valid criticism and not only praise as well. As proper communication is key to success imo.

Edited by Krizu
  • Upvote 3

RavenSpecV

People keep saying advantage... Yes you will have some more stuff to start. But a bigger stash does not lend itself to victory, and a new player who loads his pack with this "P2W" gear will probably find a way to die sooner rather than later. In the process losing all his cool P2W gear. As opposed to someone who spends a bit of time to build up their stash size rather than just buying it. I wouldn't call it P2W as much as instant gratification mode.

Paying for some bonus items in your stash will not help you to play intelligently and stay alive, IF this game delivers on it's promises. 

No I don't agree with frontloading costly packages pre-launch either. Unfortunately it's become the trend. 

I won't buy anything over the basic game package, and even then not unless the videos from beta look worth it.

• Upvote 6

Arngrim

An advantage that alot (me included) probably don't want to risk. You lose the stuff if you die, and since you paid way more for the stuff than the "complainers" do, you also lose more direct money by bringing it out on a raid. I'll really try to spare my stuff as much as possible at the start. I might have more ammo to afford beeing more "reckless" at the start, but i sure as hell won't bring with me the whole pre-order pack as soon as i start the game. Now i guess the "P2W" advantage you more likely refer to is the stash boxes to keep your stuff safe in a game is P2W, i don't know.. don't seem like they are big enough to let you put an entire gun in there anyway.

TarkovEscaper

Please, read FAQs before posting.

In one of them there were mentioned that you can achieve stuff ingame that is listed in pre-orders pack. Obviously not all of it.

And you can lose your additional equipment from pre-order packs. 

It is an RPG / FPS / MMO game, so obviously if you join game some time after release, there will be guys who have more equipment then you are.

Also, it does seem like attempt to troll, not like a question or anything, mtvpls get 4 days of read-only.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

TarkovEscaper

Also, everyone in this thread, who have used curse words gets 2 days of read-only

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Claws4life

this question has been answered already, those advantages will only be offered one time and then it's over. You can EASILY lose it in the start if ur not careful.

4RC

idk but if i see that the game has potential to be good, im ready to spend my money for the LE and support the devs with some cash even thats not much for them. and imo its the best way to support a game that is still in development  and has nothing to do with p2w....

.Motorola.

Thats not P2W mate, you start with some more items, nothing you cant take with a few hours of grind.

Needles to say, it is even worse to buy all those packs imho, since you will still be a newbie gameplay speaking, and the chances of losing all your expensive equipment are higher than a person who grinded through hours-days of gameplay sessions, already knowing the game and  how not to die like a literal moron losing all his equipment.

Definitly not P2W  , it is a pay to grind some days less than the others, nothing stop you from dyng from a rusted Makarov bullet in the head, despite you having a high rof Pecheneg, this game have objectives , it is not a deathmatch, i can stalk you until you reach your objective, and kill you while  im unnoticed, really having more items and mroe expensive weapons mean absolutly nothing, this is not Counter Strike, this is more of a game of stalking and ambushing, where even lowlifes with a knife can kill you if sucesful.

• Upvote 1

RavenSpecV
7 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

Also, everyone in this thread, who have used curse words gets 2 days of read-only

The beat down is real. 

I have no problem pre-ordering. But not until we get some solid gameplay reviews.

• Upvote 1

Recontiger94

Before anybody puts anymore effort into replying, this person has been trolling every other forum on here.

Don't waste your time.

RavenSpecV

You don't get -30 rep in 24 hours by being useful and informative; )

12 minutes ago, Recontiger94 said:

Before anybody puts anymore effort into replying, this person has been trolling every other forum on here.

Don't waste your time.

• Upvote 3

Recontiger94
Just now, RavenSpecV said:

You don't get -30 rep in 24 hours by being useful and informative; )

Exactly. I'm surprised the mods haven't Perma-banned him. Or given him a read-only ban for ever.

KingKali

I rather play for my gear than get it at start. One duck up and you lost your hard payed gear. So it is no real P2W. Just the stash is bigger, but that doesn't influence the outcome of PvE and PvP. 

livvinrussian

It's not pay to win, somewhere in one of the FAQ or articles that is translated they say something about the packs. Yes the people will get cash but they haven't exactly said how much and they were talking about saying that it wont ruin the game for people who paid more. Which I'm glad since I paid for the "Edge of Darkness" but only for the DLC's . and its not much of a pay to win since more than likely you're going to lose it in a death anyways.

And the other thing about this developer is that It's only a few guys from the CW company. they also have guys from Mass Effect and other games along with ONE dude from stalker. lol. They made it clear that there will be no micro-transactions, no pay to win, just the game and DLC's 

Edited by livvinrussian
  • Upvote 1

Europoor
8 hours ago, Recontiger94 said:

Exactly. I'm surprised the mods haven't Perma-banned him. Or given him a read-only ban for ever.

That would give him a reason to nag on other forum, that Russian devs are denying freedom of speech/blablabla...

RavenSpecV
3 minutes ago, Europoor said:

That would give him a reason to nag on other forum, that Russian devs are denying freedom of speech/blablabla...

Russians not bowing down to anybody's wishes on a whim? Wow. Didn't see that coming! LOL

Much love for the Ruski's not taking any s*** from anyone.

Edited by RavenSpecV
Grammar failure

trainfender
20 часа назад, mtvpls сказал:

Hey devs, why are you selling direct ingame advantages to whoever preorders the most expensive game packs?

Saying you won't have microtransactions, and then offering wallet warriors an advantage, is like a girl who stays a virgin until marriage, but takes it up the back door anyway. 

this preorder packs are also called founder's packs for those who want to support the development and have something special ingame. and that's all

• Upvote 2

RavenSpecV
7 minutes ago, trainfender said:

this preorder packs are also called founder's packs for those who want to support the development and have something special ingame. and that's all

That said will the "Season pass" be sold separately after launch? You'll forgive me for not wanting to part with so much money before we get validation that this game is what we are hoping it will be. There has been a lot of infinite Alphas and Betas on the market lately.

Make no mistake I have no qualms about parting with money if it's worth the time. World of Tanks and Mechwarrior Online can attest to that. However I am very sour that I bought DayZ and H1Z1 to play with my friends.

• Upvote 4

mtvpls

-33 rep and a ban in less than 24 hours, I love this community already. 

But thanks to the devs for actually answering my question, although I won't be completely convinced until the game launches and we can actually see how much of a real advantage these packs give to players. 

.Motorola.
15 minutes ago, mtvpls said:

-33 rep and a ban in less than 24 hours, I love this community already. 

But thanks to the devs for actually answering my question, although I won't be completely convinced until the game launches and we can actually see how much of a real advantage these packs give to players. 

Oh, its just a starter, just wait  until everyone start to mass report you to authorities.

• Upvote 1

Europoor
25 minutes ago, .Motorola. said:

Oh, its just a starter, just wait  until everyone start to mass report you to authorities.

Besides being edgy, and childish what did he do?

Alpha-30k
On 1/16/2016 at 9:24 PM, mtvpls said:

I don't think you have -33 rep for no good reason my friend. You do realize you can take out practically all of the limited edition gear and lose it on the first run right? It's not pay to win. It's more like assuming you've had one good run already and have saved up some stuff. Pay to win would be like having an all powerful sniper rifle that other players can't obtain unless they payed for it. We, as far as I know, are not getting any exclusive gear, but more like a head start for supporting the developers. I expect that if we played normally, we would lose that gear in the first week of play as long as we didn't hoard it.

Lastly, do some research before -BLAMMING- out devs for no reason. Thanks and bye! :D

Edited by SilentOption