toranna79

Priority of the Game Issues and Suggestions

toranna79
Posted (edited)

BSG,

I know you are the developer and we are the players, but I hope you take our criticism seriously. For me Tarkov is a game I have been wanting to play and enjoy for a decade or so. Ever since the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but at this moment I feel you are not focused on the right things. 

There is plenty of content, maps, guns, loot and the like. What we need are fixes and taking hacking seriously. My priority if i worked as the Project Manger for this game would be as follows. With #6 or 7 being expanding the content of the game.

1) Hackers

- Dedicate serious manpower to Hacking reports, investigations and resolutions. (maybe even outsource this)

- Tell the reporters/players what the determination was of the investigation. The canned response about anti cheating software will catch them is not enough.

- Look into how insurance and confirmed Hacking cases is addressed. (maybe when hackers are caught the players they killed all get a bonus, much like a bounty)

- I know Game Devs are always chasing the Hackers (same in my world with Network Defense), and on the back foot, but the number one thing is be honest with your customers.

2) Game Code (This is a very difficult one, but the one most people see as the #1 issue)

- Stutters, Lag Spikes, Sound Issues, Graphic Glitches, etc...

3) Armor versus Ammo Balancing

- Just increasing the price on Ammo is not the answer.

- Realism is one thing but having a game that is enjoyable is another, I know you keep saying you don't want Tarkov to be fun, but if it is not the game will not succeed.

- Lvl 1 - 4 Armor  is basically useless. And adding more Tier 6 armor does not help.

- Ammo that has really high penetration should do no damage unless it pens, and do 0 armor damage.

- The trade off for pen, to damage, to armor damage to cost is broken.

- I think you should rethink armor durability. It should still be effective up until it hits zero durability. This is how other games are doing things and how the gaming community expects it to function. Maybe give everything 100 durability, but have different Armor Values (AV) I.E. GEN 4 T5 : Dura 100 :AV 65 (65% of the damage is absorbed by the armor), and depending on which version you are wearing the negatives and armor areas changes. No matter if it is 15 of 100 dura it still has the same AV and each time armor absorbs damage it reduces the Dura by a the amount that was absorbed, so for Gen 4 T5 armor is hit by a 995 round that does not pen the Thorax would take 14 damage and the armor would absorb 27 damage and dura would be reduced by 27.

- For ammo penetration, make this chance to crit (1.5% damage), and leave fragment as 2x damage, but still allow armor to absorb some of the damage.

4) Armor and Weapon Glitches

- Sometimes weapons and armor just don't work. For a weapon (won't fire) and face shields (breathing normally) not functioning it is easy to tell, but when your armor is bugged you never can tell until you get one tapped through T5 armor or helmet.

- I personally believe this is what leads to so many people the game is over run with Hackers.

5) SCAV, Raider, Boss Balancing

- I understand having different tiers of AI, but the current balance is screwed to either being dumb AI or Godlike

- Instead of having Regular SCAVs have godlike aim and super awareness, maybe have them have better armor and weapons with attachment and better ammo. You can find a way to Tier the AI like you do Armor and Weapons.

T1 SCAV (Pistol, Pump Shotgun)

T2 SCAV (Carbine, Auto Shotgun, T1 Helm and Armor)

T3 SCAV (Carbine, AR, SMG, T2 Helm and Armor, Mid tier ammo)

T4 SCAV / T1 Raider (Carbine, AR, SMG, Sniper, T3 Helm and Armor, Mid Tier Ammo)

T2 Raider (Carbine, AR, SMG, Sniper, T4 Helm and Armor, Mid Tier Ammo)

T3 Raider / Boss Minions (Carbine, AR, Sniper, LMG, T4/5 Helm and Armor, High Tier Ammo)

Bosses (Carbine, AR, SMG, Sniper, LMG, T5/6 Helm and Armor, High Tier Ammo)

This is my list and ideas. I am sure everyone has their own. Please be constructive and hopefully BSG will see that we are trying to help identify issues and make the game better, not just bash them.

Edited by toranna79