Nivids

High end PC with unplayable FPS

Nivids

Hi guys! Looking for help here please! I have tried everything I have found on the internet to fix my problem but nothing works.

PC specs:

RTX 2080 Super
Ryzen 7 2700x
16GB RAM @ 3200mhz (Yes, it is running at proper speed)
I have the game running on my SSD.
Tons of cooling, my temps aren’t an issue.
I play on a G-Sync 240hz 1080p Monitor.

Overwatch = 350-400 FPS 

Call of duty Modern Warfare = 240+ FPS

Borderlands 3 = 140-200 FPS 

I don’t know many benchmarks on the top of my head but my cpu and gpu are both performing as expectations.

When I play customs I get between 35-70 FPS

When I play on factory I get between 50-80 FPS

I haven’t played many other maps yet as I am new to the game!

I have watched YouTube videos to set up my Nvidia control panel settings. I have v sync on in game to uncap my FPS. I have tried going into my local file to change my refresh rate (I think this is fixed now). All of my drivers are up to date. I have tried not using SMT aka disabling hyper threading, I have ram cleaner and physical core boxes checked in game.  I run in full screen mode 16:9. Whenever I am playing the game my CPU and GPU are both running at a low usage, idk how to change this, I have tried maxing out my settings but it doesn’t rly make a difference. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it did nothing. My computer is set to performance mode.

I really love this game but I cannot handle the low frames I get. I hope ppl see this and can share some light on my situation :(

• Upvote 1

RACWAR

Post a screenshot of your ingame settings

Rage-Imminent

Im going to write this up here dont know if this is in proper place so if it isnt im sorry!  Im with you NIVIDS, I have 7700k OC 5.0 Ghz 16gb 3200mhz Ram, 1080ti, And running 2560x1440p! All on its own custom water cooling loop so my temps are barely hitting 70C! I can run every game 144 fps or above no prob even with everything on HIGH! I do stream and i use a Dual pc setup so im cloning my main monitor which is then going into a 4k elgato capture!    Now that my specs are done heres what i did. I disconnected everything except main monitor to gaming PC i then proceeded to change setting around from my medium settings to low or to higher just throwing the book at it! Funny thing is its only 1 MAP i cant load into on and thats RESERVE, And the funniest thing is sometimes it will work in offline mode but most of the time it says loading loot gets to 78 to 75% then Pfffff Freeze! Alt f4 close everything down. But every other map works beautifully! Online and Just fooling around offline, So i really dont understand but i got this error code in the pic on one of my attempts of getting into reserve!         Next i said ok well maybe 1440p is to much ill plug my 144hz 1080p monitor in and test it! Hahahahah nope same dang thing no matter wether everthing is on low or high it dont matter! Changed the game to administrative, turned of the fullscreen modifications, changed the DPI for application all testing reserve And nothing Very confused! This happened just before the newest update so i had to make a video if you guys want take a look, Very funny i thought and shout out again to my buddies saving me and my loadout hahah!! If anyone has any input id greatly appreciate it, even if its something simple that i missed!! The top link is facebook, which allowed music lol and bottom is YOUTUBE which intro is silent EHhh hate Copyright! 

Thanks Everyone 

Rage Imminent

https://www.facebook.com/RageImminent/videos/571255867070813/

https://youtu.be/dfS1pNV0S8Q

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2020.03.22 - 22.57.03.32.png

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2020.03.22 - 22.56.50.39.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.22 - 21.29.09.54.png

1440 high taa high on Woods.png

1080p Woods High TAA ON.png

Dusty747

im playing with a 2080 super getting garbage FPS too. I don't know what else to try, been tweaking things like crazy but its still running terrible

Ventron

I got a RTX 2080 Super myself, along with i7 8700k, G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 4266mhz RAM, FPS is fluctuating at an incredible speed. Just formatted my PC the other day to see if I could get any gains on a clean install, but that cant be much. Im not even sure if my FPS is uncapped, running VSync trick, and the fps 1 menu says limited, so im just testing different stuff. One thing I also noticed is that the refreshrate you set in local.ini resets to 50 every time you start up the game.

sYs

IF you play on a 1080 monitor why you have your resolution set to 1400?

sYs
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, peccavi_at said:

Can you stop spamming an to us important thread with useless comments like this and even read what people write?

Thanks.

I'm talking to the op of the thread not you. And these questions are part of diagnosing. I run similar setup as op and your but i run on 1440p with my fps sitting nicely on average at 110 fps

Edited by sYs

sYs
1 minute ago, peccavi_at said:

I repeat, can you stop spamming the thread and read what people do write?

I'm talking to the thread creator not you. I could diagnose it and fix it for you but i guess i won't do that. 

If you still have the issue @Nivids you can add me on discord and i will help you out.  sYs#7920

sYs
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, peccavi_at said:

No you are not mate. The creator of the thread wrote that he plays on 1080p. No word of 1440p there. You are changing facts here and thats really annoying. 

ok

Edited by sYs

Nivids

Thanks for a the reply’s to this thread, so far I have found no fix and this still remains a problem for me! I sent you a friend request over discord sYs!

10 hours ago, sYs said:

I'm talking to the thread creator not you. I could diagnose it and fix it for you but i guess i won't do that. 

If you still have the issue @Nivids you can add me on discord and i will help you out.  sYs#7920

Added! Hopefully you can help!

Rage-Imminent

@sYs hey guys dunno if your asking me if i play on 1080 why is it set to 1440? I thought i put that info in the description! but didnt re read it so my bad if i didnt! so what i did since i have 2 monitors,  1 is 1440p and the 2nd is 1080p, so i unplugged everything except the main monitor for testing, one was done on 1080p and the other was 1440p! Which is why theres 2 results! So you said you play 1440p whats your setup and settings? For me every map works perfectly except reserve, ya some stutter but no more then normal and is still playable! Further last night i was testing and found that when RESERVE is loading it uses up all 16gb of ram @32000 mhz! Thats when the game glitches out and then shuts down, thats also confirmed in my ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS when i look at the individual programs that shutdown premature, so next test is im gonna put another 2 sticks of 8gb of ram in there to see if that solves the issue! im wondering if @sYs your running 32gb of ram which would make my theory correct! again if im posting in the wrong area lmk pls im new to posting in the forum and if there a specific place for this id gladly go there thanks @sYs

Appreciate it everyone

Rage Imminent  

sYs
1 hour ago, Rage-Imminent said:

@sYs hey guys dunno if your asking me if i play on 1080 why is it set to 1440? I thought i put that info in the description! but didnt re read it so my bad if i didnt! so what i did since i have 2 monitors,  1 is 1440p and the 2nd is 1080p, so i unplugged everything except the main monitor for testing, one was done on 1080p and the other was 1440p! Which is why theres 2 results! So you said you play 1440p whats your setup and settings? For me every map works perfectly except reserve, ya some stutter but no more then normal and is still playable! Further last night i was testing and found that when RESERVE is loading it uses up all 16gb of ram @32000 mhz! Thats when the game glitches out and then shuts down, thats also confirmed in my ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS when i look at the individual programs that shutdown premature, so next test is im gonna put another 2 sticks of 8gb of ram in there to see if that solves the issue! im wondering if @sYs your running 32gb of ram which would make my theory correct! again if im posting in the wrong area lmk pls im new to posting in the forum and if there a specific place for this id gladly go there thanks @sYs

Appreciate it everyone

Rage Imminent  

Greetings.

Reserve should not use that much ram. Do you have the "ram cleaner" on in the game settings?

Rage-Imminent
Posted (edited)

Yes sir lmao @sYs im actually gonna put out a VID on this because its def worthy of one!! So like i said i was trying everything i could as far as settings backround tasks this that and the other! So In my streaming rig i had 64gb of ram x299 plat, I robbed 2 sticks of 8gb 3200mhz and put it into my gaming rig and BIIINNNGGGOO!! 32gb of RAM but 10/10 i loaded into reserve and also increased FPS by a small amount! Every single map feels better and smoother! So u know how your PC has RAM committed and Cached and then theres an available amount WELP my STUPIDITY was looking at the well i have 16gb i should be good and not realizing ya but u have back round tasks ECT....  ya dummy aka (ME)  LMAO!! So i figured it out i was def running out of MEM but it wasnt because of the game or it being un optimized! I think this game looks GREAT at 1440p but regardless to you guys out there having similar issues 16gb of ram may not be enough for you because of certain programs u may have running in the backround or running period like watching twitch on a second monitor you may not realize it but it takes up MEMORY! Also to verify the integrity of my findings i also turned off all crap that wasnt needed and deleted few things and put 16gb RAM back in and it worked 10/10 times for me so, Like i always say before you start pointing the finger start with your own finger first lmfao Appreciate the help and as always ill see you with my PISTOL on Reserve!! lol 

Rage Imminent

Reserve High settings 1440p 32GB ram.png

Edited by Rage-Imminent
Forgot to add FPS sheet For RAM SWAP!
  • Like 1

gregar87

Its because off unity engine.. unity is poo for pc games... so EFT i 100% will never work good maybe in 3-4 years when they fix perfomance off the engine then will a lot of players stop play this game... games like this its 2020 and dosent support HT !

MunkeyyJ
Posted (edited)

Hello,  hopefully someone has some tricks to improve the game fps as this is crazy,

I built what I would class as a High Spec rig for mainly EFT but suffer bad FPS my system specs are as follows :

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz

Storage: C Drive and EFT  WD Blue NVME 500GB

My FPS usually hangs around the 70 mark dropping to 54 where I have friends running older GTX Cards topping 100 FPS and I've tried there configs out and its still bad.

Edited by MunkeyyJ

gregar87
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MunkeyyJ said:

Hello,  hopefully someone has some tricks to improve the game fps as this is crazy,

I built what I would class as a High Spec rig for mainly EFT but suffer bad FPS my system specs are as follows :

My FPS usually hangs around the 70 mark dropping to 54 where I have friends running older GTX Cards topping 100 FPS and I've tried there configs out and its still bad.

Hello, nothing help bro i have i9 9900k Rtx 2070 super 32 ram ssd nvme ..this game is so unoptimized ..if they dont optimized soon they will lost a lot of players stutters fps drops only playble map is factory and custom(some time in custom is unplayble) i will stop play it too.

Edited by gregar87

MunkeyyJ

@gregar87

Your completely right with them stutters and fps drops, I've lost so many games with that happening just as I'm about to enter a gun fight or running around a corner get a major stutter and boom shot.

Its like the high the system spec the more the stutter which is insane when you think about the raw performance power of the rigs, I have followed all the tutorials and things people have suggested on YouTube and other sites and figured ill go right to the source where someone might have a better config set up.

KairosSteelsong

Well, I see that I am not the only one with this problem. Your fps's were also good until the last patch? Because I used to have 110 on average, now that has been cut in half.
For this and the stutters I don't want to keep playing it, it ruins my day every time I try...

Rage-Imminent

For those of you getting FPS drops i didnt read all the other comments so speculating, but did you un check the use cores only? As soon as i did my performance doubled! Since the new update specifically said un check that for more performance, Until Navidia took away our GAME FILTER ability lmao! The other thing is RAM is huge in this game, so if your running 2133 mhz try to OC and make it 1 command rate. It will say 2T in the bios change it to 1T sometimes it will become unstable but it helps a lot, basically the info moves down the ram and out instead of down and back up then into CPU! Very rudimentary definition but trying to simplify. Theres tons of online forums/sites to help! Next even with the best machine u cant run everything max! So basically tinker turning stuff on and off! I started with everything off or low then worked my way up, another thing that sucks is i found everytime you make a change to the SETTINGS in this game it likes to be rebooted. Dont know why but found the best results doing that! I wish everyone luck with your settings and if you have any specific questions ill do my best to help if u want it! I love this game and hope that it succeeds in every way. Which means that people have to stay!! I hope the new update with the ability to up contrast and brightness along with others, will help with performance issues! I run 2560x1440p @144hz and i get 120fps plus, with huge downs dropping to 50 at times which does suck but it goes right back up! Showing my build to maybe give u guys a guide or a reference, So by no means is my gameplay stutter free or perfect but its def getting better!

7700k, 

Asus Rog Strix- MOBO 

1080ti SC2 

32gb 3200mhz-RAM 

1tb M.2 SSD/NVME 

jmaxthebest
On 3/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, MunkeyyJ said:

hi every one , i just buy the game , i play 30 before go to bed .. 

i have ryzen cpu threadripper 2950x 

2x Aorus xtrem 2080ti SLI NvLink 

32 ddr4 rgb corsair 3200mhz  

few ssd and system on sdd nvme pcie 3x WD black 

my game its on 1to ssd 

i play on aorus 2k 144hz hdr freesync screen (i have multimonitor  with other old screen , acer 4K Gsync monitor 60hz)

well i have major Issue the game is unplayable .... i have low GPU usage (only 20 -27 % )   Cpu is the same 15-20% 

i really dont understand why its happend i understand its beta ... but i really not thinking have isue its because my cpu its AMD . 

i think i will buy a new serie 10 i9 extrem edition for chrismass but its difficult to understand my 6k euro computer cant run this game ..... i am IT network administrator (i am french by the way .... sorry for my shitty english ) 

i dont know , maybe "AI" issue (maybe all the "AI"stuff is only use 1 core CPU like ARMA 3  , unplayable too after change my I7 with my threadripper 2950x)

if any one have i trick ..... to tried ... or if its done for me (i generaly play at 144hz with all the game i have ) 

on shadow of tomb raider i have average of 115 fps with "raytracing" effect (great optimisation) 

thx in advance . i just buy the game but if its unplayable .... ( and just for information i only play on solo ofline mode .... ) 

i buy the game since few hours and i dont have fast internet connection (just finish to download the game and play 30 min) 

jmaxthebest

i forget to mention , my memory controler on my cpu is setup to direct acces memory (NUMA) better for ram latency 

and my ram work on 4 channel .... 

MunkeyyJ

Hey @jmaxthebest There is plenty of fps fix with nvidia settings and the game, I would honestly search for one of them videos and make sure its the most recent video and untick use physical cores only.

Good luck and hopefully it fixes the issues.

frankiegalagher

i9 9900k stock

rtx 2080 Super stock

32GB 3000mhz
game on nvme SSD

Customs: pretty much around 120-144
Factory + Labs around 200
Reserve around 110, but it does not feels as smooth as Customs lets say
other maps idk, gonna try it

Hit me up, maybe we can compare setttings idk

inTH3jungle
On 3/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, MunkeyyJ said:

Crazy i have a 3600 oced to 4.2, 2080 super, nvme and 16gb ram

And I get 110 fps usually lowest is mid 90's at 1440p.

Offline mode much lower but that's due to running the game and ai all on my pc.