DieselDave

FleaMarket level 10 required?

DieselDave

As if it wasn't hard enough to compete with people of a higher level in this game, the gap is widened for those of us who are low in rank. It is essential to keep up with gun tech but is near impossible to do so during the normal course of a match. When a level 40 is out there seal clubbing with his thermal or night vision optics mounted on their long range rifle, playing a match that lasts more than a minute is difficult. There is no way for a new player compete with any player that is kitted out with the top of the line gear. Our only hope was to rush to the level 5 milestone so we could attain weapons that would keep us on somewhat of a level footing. If match making worked based on level achieved and not just in a manner to quickly fill rosters this would be largely alleviated and  as the player progressed, his opponents would be more difficult.

Just my two cents.

In any event I will continue to throw myself in the meat grinder.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

TheWay

@DieselDave

Hello sir,

it is a recent change, we are looking how it is affecting the game, that is the purpose of the Beta.

I recommend you to contact our Sherpas, they can help you to learn the maps and the game.

You can request a Sherpa in the page that I am sharing below:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/sherpa/user_request

Best of luck in Tarkov!

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

DieselDave
2 hours ago, TheWay said:

@DieselDave

Hello sir,

it is a recent change, we are looking how it is affecting the game, that is the purpose of the Beta.

I understand what the purpose of a Beta testing, hence the feedback from the user.

Regards

• Hot 2
  • Upvote 2

Angrybiker
6 hours ago, DieselDave said:

There is no way for a new player compete with any player that is kitted out with the top of the line gear.

The SKS and Mosin are both available lvl 1 Prapor, both will take out heavily kitted players if used correctly. Experience in using those weapons correctly however, isn't sold on the FM.

6 hours ago, DieselDave said:

You sir, will succeed in Tarkov.

• Like 2

DieselDave
36 minutes ago, Angrybiker said:

The SKS and Mosin are both available lvl 1 Prapor, both will take out heavily kitted players if used correctly. Experience in using those weapons correctly however, isn't sold on the FM.

You sir, will succeed in Tarkov.

What I need to do is play the maps off line to learn the vantage spots. The SKS is great, just tricky with out optics.

• Like 1

Angrybiker
1 minute ago, DieselDave said:

What I need to do is play the maps off line to learn the vantage spots. The SKS is great, just tricky with out optics.

They both are tricky mate and without doubt the scoped variants are the more effective but once mastered, those 2 guns are the bane of geared guys lives.

Refreshing to see a post by someone on this specific subject, that then didn't immediately get defensive when someone pointed something out to them.

• Like 1

DieselDave

Refreshing to see a post by someone on this specific subject, that then didn't immediately get defensive when someone pointed something out to them.

There's no reason to get bent out of shape  over something like this. It just forces me to get better at the game. If there is one thing that I refuse to do is "extraction camp". I've had some good runs that have ended with me getting smoked at my extraction by the talking bush haha. No biggie, adapt and overcome!

One map that I have been playing a lot is Customs. It has a good balance between forest, urban and indoor fighting for the new player in my opinion.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BlaizeTouchatt
On 3/22/2020 at 10:24 AM, DieselDave said:

As if it wasn't hard enough to compete with people of a higher level in this game, the gap is widened for those of us who are low in rank. It is essential to keep up with gun tech but is near impossible to do so during the normal course of a match. When a level 40 is out there seal clubbing with his thermal or night vision optics mounted on their long range rifle, playing a match that lasts more than a minute is difficult. There is no way for a new player compete with any player that is kitted out with the top of the line gear. Our only hope was to rush to the level 5 milestone so we could attain weapons that would keep us on somewhat of a level footing. If match making worked based on level achieved and not just in a manner to quickly fill rosters this would be largely alleviated and  as the player progressed, his opponents would be more difficult.

Just my two cents.

Would it feel any better if the flea market was unlocked via tasks(Quests)? I personally think that it would help.

Ventron

I don’t know if I was lucky to start late in this wipe and have the level 5 requirement, after they made it 15 I was level 16 anyway so it didn’t affect me, but I have a friend that just started playing and he’s struggling to level up because he’s even later in, but he said flea market was from level 10, and I was like okay that’s good news to the least. But, however, like someone up mentioned, Mosins and SKS are available from level 1, and both weapons are powerful, one good landed shot is enough, compared to running with an M4 and actively looking for people. In the first levels you should anyway play passively, learning the maps. I’ve played for 150 hrs and still only know Factory, Shoreline and Customs, tried offline Labs once, never been on Reserve and had two runs in Interchange. 

Niewiarygodny
On 3/25/2020 at 1:56 AM, BlaizeTouchatt said:

Would it feel any better if the flea market was unlocked via tasks(Quests)?

Actually in EFT it's same thing.
Like if it would be a quest, then it would be unlocked after specific mission or lvl (as it is in EFT).

DieselDave
Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ventron said:

I don’t know if I was lucky to start late in this wipe and have the level 5 requirement, after they made it 15 I was level 16 anyway so it didn’t affect me, but I have a friend that just started playing and he’s struggling to level up because he’s even later in, but he said flea market was from level 10, and I was like okay that’s good news to the least. But, however, like someone up mentioned, Mosins and SKS are available from level 1, and both weapons are powerful, one good landed shot is enough, compared to running with an M4 and actively looking for people. In the first levels you should anyway play passively, learning the maps. I’ve played for 150 hrs and still only know Factory, Shoreline and Customs, tried offline Labs once, never been on Reserve and had two runs in Interchange. 

I understand that the Mosin and the SKS are good rifles, I'm not debating that. My thoughts are centered around the huge gap between having the ability to attain optics that can keep you competitive and not having the ability to purchase those items..

You can play as passive as you want but if your opponent is smacking you from half way across the map (exaggerated) due to the optics that they are using, do you really stand a chance? I'm not sure why they decided to move the flea market to level 10, the only thing it accomplished was widening the gap between new players and established players. Now you have to grind 5 more levels to access the market and you can only hope that they don't change it again.

The flea market is this games equalizer, it's important to allow access to it at lower levels.

Edited by DieselDave
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

StudTrunkMonkey
Posted (edited)

i started in January and kind of felt the same, 44 years old grinding it out with these younger minded snappy players has been quite the challenge as well as i just started back on PC after 15+ years, so learning PC and Tarkov at the same time is double trouble....

All that being said, i am now level 26, if i can do it anyone can.....keep grinding my friend......It keeps the game interesting to me and when you rank up you have truly earned it versus much of the other games out there (arena Shooters).....

Edited by StudTrunkMonkey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DieselDave

I'm gonna keep on keeping on. All I was saying is the Flea Market is this games equalizer in terms of gear procurement.

I have recently found a new love of hunting items to finish quests. So much more fun than worrying about an exit or other players. I run solo as I'm not talkative enough to be a part of a team and I don't know or care to know the details of in game lingo (location call outs and what not). I've had a couple of good runs that ended up with me finding about 6 dead bodies that were never searched. I walked away with a ton of exp and never fired a shot.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Forli

I'm also going to chime in about this. I'm brand new to the game so I can give my opinion on level 10 fleamarket from that angle. It's quite boring being locked out of a major part of the game for so long. I do agree there should be some feeling of progression, but the weapon customization is a selling point of the game...so it may be better to either lower the level for it again or have different weapons available at low level traders to balance it out a little better.

As it is I have to rely on luck to get something halfway decent, an optic from a scav or a modded weapon left from a dead player because the weapons I can buy require some skill to use that i do not have yet, and players I meet are usually a)better skilled and b)have much better equipment.

For reference, by the time I get to level 10 I will probably have 3-4 million roubles and good  knowledge of half the maps! That's crazy considering every streamer and youtube showcases these amazing weapons I have yet to actually get a chance to use.

2020-04-11[00-09] (0).png

• Upvote 1

LEMSDK

i am clueless to why there even is a requirement at all for the flea market...
i am not sure i am stubbern enough to get  the last 3 levels... my last 5 rounds were me getting 200% destroyed by people i hit in the face often multiple times but didn't kill... overall as an fps player i am very good and i can usually pick up any fps game and do good... problem is that the geared people just don't go down from all the hits i land... you kind of took out the requirement of skill to do good in this game imo

DieselDave
On 4/12/2020 at 1:38 PM, LEMSDK said:

i am clueless to why there even is a requirement at all for the flea market...
i am not sure i am stubbern enough to get  the last 3 levels... my last 5 rounds were me getting 200% destroyed by people i hit in the face often multiple times but didn't kill... overall as an fps player i am very good and i can usually pick up any fps game and do good... problem is that the geared people just don't go down from all the hits i land... you kind of took out the requirement of skill to do good in this game imo

Make no mistake LEMSDK, those dudes with super kits are still very skilled at their craft.

fengo-udl

I am almost lvl 50, but that being said I would like to weigh in on this discussion. 
When I started the game there was no lvl cap on the flea market which was a huge help.
Here recently I talked a real life friend of mine into coming into the game, the first thing I noticed was he had access to lvl 1 vendors but to even buy the component to put ANY scope on a mosin he needs lvl 2 prapor. This might seem like a small thing but to make people have no way to even get optics on weapons is really harsh, then lets move on to meds. He cant even buy a Surgery kit which as we know as a new player even just fighting scavs is very helpful sometimes. A lot of the small basic things us higher level people use on a day to day and take for granted these people have 0 access to for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

arsdiaboli
Posted (edited)

New player here, looking to chime in on the Flea market-less experience. I knew that the grind of tarkov was real  when I signed up for it, I loved the lack of in game active maps, no real information just intuition and sound clues.

My real problem is 2 fold, ONE: the weapons offered to us at low level vendors cant easily be modified and when I do find an optic in raid from say a weapons crate I probably don't have a rail system to attach it so I have to pray to the RNG scav gods that they have a weapon with a compatible rail system. I love the cobra but it eats up SO MUCH screen space  that I find myself aims at the floor to clear my view which isn't generally recommended in an fps game.  TWO if I happen to kill a player with a "high lvl" gun I have no ability to purchase even "JUNK" ammo for it. recently killed a guy and got his VSS and there is no chance for me to take gun out into a new raid as he only had 17 shots left in his mag.

I think making the game hard is fine but content locking the vast majority of the game behind a system that puts you up against people with access to it isn't ideal, the deeper into a wipe you get the worse this is for a new player.

Edited by arsdiaboli
typo

GavHill

I'll add my two cents here.

In the very early levels you don't really notice it, cos you feel like everything you get is special, then you get a nice full inventory and I'm sitting at level 9 atm with 1.7 million rubles in cash. I can't spend it though, there is nothing to buy. I have tried to grind out this level and it has felt horrible.

I rely on looted guns for a gun with decent optics, I scav run when I can and just loot anything with a scope because I need it. The level 1 trader weapons are garbage unmodified, and when I play as PMC I have to basically try to hide and avoid contact with other PMC's because I have a rubbish gun and even worse ammunition. I'm 1k exp away from 10 so hopefully I'll get that on the next scav run.

I think having the level cap at 10 is excessive, 5 seems reasonable. Dumping the flea market on a player early could be overwhelming, but for ages now I've been begging that I can kill some scavs and just extract to get max XP. I don't try to loot, I don't really try to fight PMC's because all I really wanna do is hit level 10 so I can actually buy the parts I need to have fun.

I love the game, but this level wall hurts my fun a lot. I concur with some of the posters above. Either review the level requirement or make a little bit better gear available from early traders. AK iron sights are really busting my balls at this point lol.

spanna
On 5/4/2020 at 10:39 PM, GavHill said:

I'm 1k exp away from 10 so hopefully I'll get that on the next scav run

Not on a scav you won't. Play on your PMC to level up mate :)

aktymel

I think the best advice I can give you is, if you think there are PMC running with thermals all the time therefore they invested minimum 500k+ into their gear, you should just run something around 50-100K
Use AK 5.45x39 never go with 7.62x39 the reason is it is expensive and you wont hold full auto. With ak 5.45 you can just slap butstock on it and some compensator and you are good to go, use BT or BS ammo it is enough, dont waste money on igolnik as its just high pen no damage and you dont need that. Buy lvl 3 or 4 armored vest you dont need high lvl 4 or 5 because they will kill you anyway with everyone running top ammo now. Helmet use the russian one from ww2 its enough.
If you die with this you die it doesnt matter dont cry just buy it again and move on ;) it will come back in insurance because no one picks this up and if you meet PMC in full kit just spray their legs, with full auto even with BT ammo that has 37 pen you will kill them trust me.You will learn maps and eventualy drop few of those sweaty boys in thermal and get it for yourself.

InTheEyesOfTige
15 hours ago, aktymel said:

I think the best advice I can give you is, if you think there are PMC running with thermals all the time therefore they invested minimum 500k+ into their gear, you should just run something around 50-100K
Use AK 5.45x39 never go with 7.62x39 the reason is it is expensive and you wont hold full auto. With ak 5.45 you can just slap butstock on it and some compensator and you are good to go, use BT or BS ammo it is enough, dont waste money on igolnik as its just high pen no damage and you dont need that. Buy lvl 3 or 4 armored vest you dont need high lvl 4 or 5 because they will kill you anyway with everyone running top ammo now. Helmet use the russian one from ww2 its enough.
If you die with this you die it doesnt matter dont cry just buy it again and move on ;) it will come back in insurance because no one picks this up and if you meet PMC in full kit just spray their legs, with full auto even with BT ammo that has 37 pen you will kill them trust me.You will learn maps and eventualy drop few of those sweaty boys in thermal and get it for yourself.

until the flea market you dont have acces to lvl 3 armor, BT and BS ammo and you cant buy compensator and butstock for a ak you need to find in raid

Thtb

Horrible choice, limits player freedom, agency and just sucks. Improves none of the issues, please fix the real problem with trade abuse and with the trade system instead of this patchwork.

aktymel
On 5/8/2020 at 3:10 AM, InTheEyesOfTige said:

until the flea market you dont have acces to lvl 3 armor, BT and BS ammo and you cant buy compensator and butstock for a ak you need to find in raid

you can just use lvl 2 or no armor until you unlock it, as fot BT and BS just play reserve theres plenty of them everywhere i have bought just ammobox to fill it with BT BS from reserve, you also find plenty of AKs and other weapons from raiders in there 

Silamon

I kinda think the flea market in general was a bad idea, at least for the current stage of the game. It makes leveling traders to 4 almost pointless, you maybe get a discount on some things but nothing major. Anything you could want in the entire game is available as soon as you hit level 10. 

Hopefully the found in raid only will mitigate this a bit more. I think leveling traders should be a worthwhile thing to do.

• Confused 1