Makeitgood9999

We need a player level balancing system.

Makeitgood9999

its always so frustrating to go out withlevle 3-4 and a pistol, only to get smoked by a level 20 player with 1mio rubel kit and headsets and poo...we need a balancing system with player level and rubel amount in mind.

• Sad 5

Thormato

No we do not

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 4

orion310591
21 minutes ago, Thomsn said:

its always so frustrating to go out withlevle 3-4 and a pistol, only to get smoked by a level 20 player with 1mio rubel kit and headsets and poo...we need a balancing system with player level and rubel amount in mind.

If you play 2 scav runs on shoreline correct you can have at least 800k... its not so hard to earn money... headset is 10k anyway :)

Malfoy
On 3/23/2020 at 10:40 PM, orion310591 said:

If you play 2 scav runs on shoreline correct you can have at least 800k... its not so hard to earn money... headset is 10k anyway :)

I underlined the important part. It's always easy when you know how. I think the issue is the OP is new(ish) and/or not hardcore. To learn how to run maps 'correctly' takes a lot of time and often some luck, particularly given that there are so many veterans that know every inch of the map - and let's face it this is a small community, most of which I would bet are said veterans. 

That realized, now re-evaluate his problem. Think in his shoes. It isn't a case of 'get good' or 'just run so and so...'. those are veteran(esque) answers. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fierymudbutt
Posted (edited)

I was also just thinking this, (not exactly how OP described) but especially when there is a level cap to flea market, I think it would be fair that people who haven't reached lvl 10 should/or have the option match together. I'm a brand new player and find the game super interesting, but I'm struggling to even get to 10 & the only way I'm able to learn anything right now is by watching streams/videos. It's not even the money loss either, like said before you can scav to get some money back, but to take time to queue, then die within the first few minutes to someone with probably several hundred hrs on the game, knowing that not only you lost all of your gear, but you didn't learn anything is definitely frustrating to say the least. As much as new players are limited to low level traders, 0 character skills, and just feel restricted already, why can I match a level 40+ geared to the teeth, wearing armor so thicc that my ammo tickles him.

Overall I've never played a game like this, and I think a lot of newbies could agree with me that a <lv10 matching could help give a better feeling of the game than offline mode, and still get to earn a little experience in some skill areas. hell even make the chance for good loot lower, so it wouldn't be abused for money, just give us little guys a chance! We wanna git gud but its kinda hard when ya get wrecked everytime you load in the lobby.

Edited by Fierymudbutt
clearer explanation

orion310591
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Malfoy said:

I underlined the important part. It's always easy when you know how. I think the issue is the OP is new(ish) and/or not hardcore. To learn how to run maps 'correctly' takes a lot of time and often some luck, particularly given that there are so many veterans that know every inch of the map - and let's face it this is a small community, most of which I would bet are said veterans. 

That realized, now re-evaluate his problem. Think in his shoes. It isn't a case of 'get good' or 'just run so and so...'. those are veteran(esque) answers. 

Yes I agree and I want to add one more thing, Tarkov is not Tetris level game.

So it is kinda get good. Or maybe not get good but get to think, before you move 1m.

Edited by orion310591

Beligton

No. Struggle and git gud with the pistol or use a normal loadouts. 

Makeitgood9999
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 8:09 AM, Beligton said:

No. Struggle and git gud with the pistol or use a normal loadouts. 

how if your broke because of dying all time???? HOW!====?

iam so frustratet and payd over 50euros for the stupid standard version...i delete it now and waiting for the next wipe hopefully...thjis is bullshit...even answers like "get good"

On 3/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, orion310591 said:

IF YU CAN FIND EXTRACT POINT AND NO EXTRAC CAMPER LUNGERS THERE...sure...why not...but i have never experienced such a thing^^

Edited by Thomsn

Makeitgood9999
Posted (edited)

1781136002_2020-03-2912-35(0).thumb.png.384960635263b5b995da5e804137f52c.pngwhat to do with 2k roubles, no meds, no ammo and no weapons?

delete the ducking game

Edited by Thomsn

hovis1867

Play offline a lot more, just to learn the maps and extract points, you dont lose any gear playing the offline mode. Try not to concentrate on customs. It's the easiest one to learn, but one of the hardest maps to play as it's so small with many choke points. There is a lot of information out there on wiki for instance, but you need to learn where to go and how to get there. Watching some of the experianced streamers can help a bunch (like Pestily for example) and most of them have helpful videos on youtube. I'm really bad at the game, and after 3 months playing still have gear fear, but theres just something that keeps bringing me back. Maybe it's because it's so hard, but even the lower leveled less experianced can kill a high level geared player. Keep trying, it's worth the effort.

Makeitgood9999
1 hour ago, hovis1867 said:

Play offline a lot more, just to learn the maps and extract points, you dont lose any gear playing the offline mode. Try not to concentrate on customs. It's the easiest one to learn, but one of the hardest maps to play as it's so small with many choke points. There is a lot of information out there on wiki for instance, but you need to learn where to go and how to get there. Watching some of the experianced streamers can help a bunch (like Pestily for example) and most of them have helpful videos on youtube. I'm really bad at the game, and after 3 months playing still have gear fear, but theres just something that keeps bringing me back. Maybe it's because it's so hard, but even the lower leveled less experianced can kill a high level geared player. Keep trying, it's worth the effort.

offline mode is cheap af...nothing to learn there exept extracts...no learning of player routes, safest ways to eytract etc...do i need to play 3month only offline to get it? thats n0t the pint in getting overrun bnei groups or solo every time

skyflashde
Am 25.3.2020 um 03:17 schrieb Malfoy:

Yes, they are also completely stupid answers that dont solve anything.

Telling a new player that he could earn money if he knew all the stuff that he obviously cant know or doing things that he obviously cant do is just incredibly toxic.

• Upvote 1

Malfoy
Posted (edited)

It's hard because I'm an average player and I know the maps to a point, but I don't know where to be at what point et al. etc etc, I would call the people that know this stuff the hardcore players and they make up the majority of this small community. 

It's very hard for someone like me to just get through the map, I mean all I want is a bit of fun and loot vs scavs with some friends and that doesn't happen. 

99% of my deaths are against these over-geared hardcore players who know every part of the game. They have racks of seriously upgraded guns and armor and go in dressed as death tanks. While I'm stuck with my 300k and a poor loadout that slowly goes down because from the offset I'm at a disadvantage. 

This game is really in favour of those who have time to live in it, those who can afford to arm themselves like tanks and flick from scope to scope and see pretty everyone as an x-ray. Yet theres me and my friends running around with TT's and no armor because we cant afford it and we keep getting wiped out by these walking tanks with multipurpose scopes. It's really not fair. 

What's worse is that we've now to spend more money on healing, drinking and eating outside of the raid now also in effect costing more resources so each death sets you back even further? This is supposed to add to realism? Don't you mean *cough* time gating? Key with limited use, realistic? Aye right.

But getting back to OP's point, a balance system would be great because it's really REALLY unfair coming up against these neckbeards. It's really not fair from any standpoint, and don't say "uh get gud" because the conditions simply aren't fair. 

Captain: "Soldier, take this banana up the hill toward that tank and blow it up"

Soldier: Dies instantly

Soldier 2: "Captain I think we need an alternative plan"

Captain: "Yea, get gud!!

Captain: Soldier 2, take this bana…"

Example: I played 7 games tonight and was simply gunned down whilst camping in deep bushes and I wasn't camping to kill players I was merely waiting for it to be safe to go from A to B. But I'm somehow killed by some random neckbeard because he's got a 400k scope that allows him to see through everything and he's armored like a tank. While I can only afford to bring in a TT and no armor? 

Why not have a server option that allows you to start the game with only a pistol? Something like this would be much better and level the playing field. I mean god help those who are just starting this game, just think about what they're up against. Hardly sporting is it? Some neckbeard living in his own piss waiting to neutralize any kind of movement.

That's hardly escape from Tarkov now is it?

Edited by Malfoy

Zolty47

A difficult topic, a few thought bites:

With time is going on and with every added feature the game gets more difficult to learn for beginners, skill gap between both ends steadily increases.

2 ways to solve it, maybe:

1. A safety net for broke and new players, in this way:

For below level 15 players and broke people (all of owned gear in stash and carried on body less worth than 400.000 rubles) the SCAV wait timer is set to 4 minutes.

Since you are above this poverty line scav timer is back to normal.

Starter gear of the Standard edition of the game is worth ~ 500.000 rubles.

So it would be like falling back to Starter gear. Player scavs are still more enjoyful for all players than hatchlings.

Seeing it from the perspective of these players helps to find a solution.

2. Soft border Matchmaking:

New players until level 15 get into matches with ~ 30 % level 30 players or less. Not more than 30 % of PMCs will be level 30 or higher.

What could mean fairness in EFT?

---> difficulty to get into the game stays the same.

With time and addition of more features skill gap of both ends gets bigger, makes it even more challenging for new players to get a foot hold into the game.

Factors change, veterans who play the game since the beginning dont try to understand the difference from then and now, none but a few think outside there tiny bubble.

Other view point:

Features like flea market, insurance and secure container were added because of complaints about the difficulty for new customers making money in this game.

But at the end these features can be better utilized by experienced players than the new ones. Making it even harder for newbies in the end.

The skill gap further increasèd, hatchling runs and cheating increases accordingly. These 2 ways to stop the devil cycle downwards.

This 2 "tactics" as a few realistic options to get into the game again.

Replace the broken mechanics with features that have only effects on new and entirely broken players, so the game experience does not go watered down for everyone else.

My scav timer and matchmaking idea will help to give an alternative to otherwise boring or shady tactics.

neo_bpm
On 3/23/2020 at 11:18 PM, Thomsn said:

+1 at this moment it's pathetic, most unbalanced game ever.

ShiroTenshi

You have a stash value of 150k Roubles. Have you tried selling some stuff to fund your runs?

When you really don't have any money to run anything, the traders send you care packages. That and playing as a scav is basically a free kit every 20 ish minutes. You don't even have to fight anything, just run to extract, If you don't know where they are, check the Wiki or learn the map in offline mode. Calling for the assistance of a Sherpa is a good way to have someone experienced teach you.

There are plenty of ways to get better at the game, but it does take time and effort.

DEVs have already stated that there will be no level, XP, Group size or stash value based matchmaking. This is done so by design. It simply has no place in the vision of Tarkov.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

wtornado

You have to live with it and accept the Flea market bots buying up the essentials and cheats and levels or

move on.

schubbey
Am 23.3.2020 um 23:18 schrieb Thomsn:

we need a balancing system with player level and rubel amount in mind.

would do nothing :S

good player still stomps - bad player still bad

Malfoy
3 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

You have a stash value of 150k Roubles. Have you tried selling some stuff to fund your runs?

When you really don't have any money to run anything, the traders send you care packages. That and playing as a scav is basically a free kit every 20 ish minutes. You don't even have to fight anything, just run to extract, If you don't know where they are, check the Wiki or learn the map in offline mode. Calling for the assistance of a Sherpa is a good way to have someone experienced teach you.

There are plenty of ways to get better at the game, but it does take time and effort.

DEVs have already stated that there will be no level, XP, Group size or stash value based matchmaking. This is done so by design. It simply has no place in the vision of Tarkov.

Nothing is written in stone. 

Bottom line is whoever is making this game want people to play, and as many people as possible. But if you make the game far to unfair and in favour of cheats and neckbeards the community will quickly diminish. It's already a small community so why alienate it further? 

When no one plays there is no game, so when people say "Oh they will never implement this or that..." I take that with a pinch of salt because you want people to play otherwise there is no game and currently it's not fair and for all the wrong reasons. Currently it's not about raw skill. 

ShiroTenshi
2 hours ago, Malfoy said:

Nothing is written in stone. 

This, and a few other things, are. ;) This is what the DEVs have been saying for years. No amount of asking for it will change their minds. They are making the game according to their vision. They know it's not a game aimed at a mainstream audience, and won't sacrifice their vision of the game to appeal to a wide range of players. They have said this several times.

Besides, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it should be changed. Others do not mind it so they will have to let someone down regardless of what they do. There really is no data to prove which side of the argument is the 'majority' and even then it is a mistake to think that just because a large amount of people think the same that it is the best thing to do.

Fun is subjective. It being 'Fair' or 'Unfair, in this particular case,' really is as well. 

• Like 1

symbiote
Posted (edited)

What WE need is to remove access to forum for these members who do not participate in forum, but demand thing from their own perspective, like small-minded rats.

MODS. Please delete duplicate topic. This also does not even qualify as topic for discussion.

Edited by symbiote
  • Sad 1

skyflashde
vor 9 Stunden schrieb symbiote:

What WE need is to remove access to forum for these members who do not participate in forum, but demand thing from their own perspective, like small-minded rats.

I'd rather have them remove access to toxic people like you that complain about other people having different opinions in an internet forum.

This is a topic that will come up again and again until they implement it. Deal with it.

They made a very bad decision to not implement it in the first place, as it is needed in this Battle Royal "game" we have now. It may not be needed in the final game, but we dont even know if the final game ever happens.

So of course everyone that comes into the game as a new player will call their bullshit decision out. Nothing that can be done about it.

Its an alpha, they ask for opinions. So they get them.

• Sad 1

GassperUK

When I first started this game I said the exactly same thing.. player balance is crap blah blah blah... don't worry young padawan, it won't be long before you'll get your wallet out for EOD 😂😂😂

• Hot 1

wtornado
15 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

This, and a few other things, are. ;) This is what the DEVs have been saying for years. No amount of asking for it will change their minds. They are making the game according to their vision. They know it's not a game aimed at a mainstream audience, and won't sacrifice their vision of the game to appeal to a wide range of players. They have said this several times.

Besides, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it should be changed. Others do not mind it so they will have to let someone down regardless of what they do. There really is no data to prove which side of the argument is the 'majority' and even then it is a mistake to think that just because a large amount of people think the same that it is the best thing to do.

Fun is subjective. It being 'Fair' or 'Unfair, in this particular case,' really is as well. 

I agree and now that the forums have the information to decide whether people want to buy the game or not is here on this forum.

Future sales will determine if the game and its mechanics and cheating remain popular.

Malfoy

So yea, crawl through Customs with my PM, taking extra time ..listening, waiting, listening, waiting, moving slowly bush to bush ….slowly but surely, double back and double back again, thinking path of least resistance ..carefully does it. I have the Marked Room key and dorms is awash with gunfire but Im biding my time, quietly and carefully does it, I double back around up to the pylon from the gas station staying left. Gunfire from dorms dies down, I wait in the bushes outside Dorms, quietly does it. 10 mins goes by. I sneak into Dorms 2 (2 storey). Everything is dead and looted, except a packet of cigarettes (jackpot!), some more gunfire outside, I stay put late game campers, another 5 mins goes by down to 8 minutes left … no sound. I give it another 2 mins ...and I'm off, I dash toward Dorms 3 hoping for that tasty squaddie corpse and the potential of 10 game replenishment, I burst through the front door, look left and right no heat, I decide to head on upstairs first floor I look right, nothing, look left …..JACKPOT! A fallen squaddie* and as I go to double check blizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz a hail of full auto from lazer disco lights and I'm dead. 

Yup, full tank neckbeard squaddie camping until the last minute. 

RINSE AND REPEAT OVER AND OVER. 

This is indicative of a common experience of Tarkov  but yea guess I need to "get gud" ehh? I mean I've only a gun that does nothing and plunged into a map full of invincibles armed with death-rays and all-terrain scopes and I've to compete? FFS, I can't even golem my way around the map, but yea guess I need to get gud, or sorry do a scav run. Something wrong with this picture. Someone please explain how I am to compete? Each run costing me 15k, and I have a 300k budget that's slowly draining. Help needed.