Makeitgood9999

We need a player level balancing system.

skyflashde
vor 32 Minuten schrieb Malfoy:

FFS, I can't even golem my way around the map, but yea guess I need to get gud, or sorry do a scav run. Something wrong with this picture. Someone please explain how I am to compete? Each run costing me 15k, and I have a 300k budget that's slowly draining. Help needed.

First off you shouldnt play Customs, its not a map for beginners and sure as hell not for solo players. If the players dont kill you there the Scavs will. Secondly, dont go dorms. I mean... really? Why you go there?

Play either Shoreline (and dont go friggin san.) or maybe Reserve no backpack. Some people also like Interchange. Not me though, too much dying.

You dont compete. You cant compete cause your skills are at 0 and your gun sucks, your ammo is bad and you dont have money.

Don't let anyone see you, kill all the Scavs you can find to level up. Find a squad that can help you do Customs quests.

Just level up, once you are 20 the game will be a lot better.

wtornado
1 hour ago, Malfoy said:

So yea, crawl through Customs with my PM, taking extra time ..listening, waiting, listening, waiting, moving slowly bush to bush ….slowly but surely, double back and double back again, thinking path of least resistance ..carefully does it. I have the Marked Room key and dorms is awash with gunfire but Im biding my time, quietly and carefully does it, I double back around up to the pylon from the gas station staying left. Gunfire from dorms dies down, I wait in the bushes outside Dorms, quietly does it. 10 mins goes by. I sneak into Dorms 2 (2 storey). Everything is dead and looted, except a packet of cigarettes (jackpot!), some more gunfire outside, I stay put late game campers, another 5 mins goes by down to 8 minutes left … no sound. I give it another 2 mins ...and I'm off, I dash toward Dorms 3 hoping for that tasty squaddie corpse and the potential of 10 game replenishment, I burst through the front door, look left and right no heat, I decide to head on upstairs first floor I look right, nothing, look left …..JACKPOT! A fallen squaddie* and as I go to double check blizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz a hail of full auto from lazer disco lights and I'm dead. 

Yup, full tank neckbeard squaddie camping until the last minute. 

RINSE AND REPEAT OVER AND OVER. 

This is indicative of a common experience of Tarkov  but yea guess I need to "get gud" ehh? I mean I've only a gun that does nothing and plunged into a map full of invincibles armed with death-rays and all-terrain scopes and I've to compete? FFS, I can't even golem my way around the map, but yea guess I need to get gud, or sorry do a scav run. Something wrong with this picture. Someone please explain how I am to compete? Each run costing me 15k, and I have a 300k budget that's slowly draining. Help needed.

LOLLL you can do everything right and they can still get ya gud! Nothing you can do against the elite soldier Gorgi Campov.

Russian camper elite of the 54th Guard Immobile Division

Malfoy
20 hours ago, skyflashde said:

First off you shouldnt play Customs, its not a map for beginners and sure as hell not for solo players. If the players dont kill you there the Scavs will. Secondly, dont go dorms. I mean... really? Why you go there?

Play either Shoreline (and dont go friggin san.) or maybe Reserve no backpack. Some people also like Interchange. Not me though, too much dying.

You dont compete. You cant compete cause your skills are at 0 and your gun sucks, your ammo is bad and you dont have money.

Don't let anyone see you, kill all the Scavs you can find to level up. Find a squad that can help you do Customs quests.

Just level up, once you are 20 the game will be a lot better.

I wouldn't say I'm a beginner. I've been through 3 wipes, I just don't think it's very fair because I see the same patterns over and over and over. Don't you think it would be so much more fun and diverse if they introduced an option whereby you load up only with pistols? I don't think this would take anything away from the game at all and would put everyone on a level playing field if they so choose and it wouldn't detract from the value of work those hardcore players have put in either. It would make so much sense from every perspective. Think of the fun having to build your way into the game from the ground up AND the new dynamic in terms of action and aggression, it would be fantastic and it would require no work at all on part of the devs to include. Everyone's a winner don't you think? 

skyflashde
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Malfoy:

I wouldn't say I'm a beginner. I've been through 3 wipes, I just don't think it's very fair because I see the same patterns over and over and over. Don't you think it would be so much more fun and diverse if they introduced an option whereby you load up only with pistols? I don't think this would take anything away from the game at all and would put everyone on a level playing field if they so choose and it wouldn't detract from the value of work those hardcore players have put in either. It would make so much sense from every perspective. Think of the fun having to build your way into the game from the ground up AND the new dynamic in terms of action and aggression, it would be fantastic and it would require no work at all on part of the devs to include. Everyone's a winner don't you think? 

Well I would have a thousand ideas to make this game actually good, but the devs are going for some distant vision and ignoring the current state of the game as good as they can, so its pretty useless to tell them something.

Yes, obviously the current gameplay pretty much requires matchmaking of some sort. We wont get it though, so new players have a high probability to quit the game very fast. The devs obviously want to get rid of players or don't care.

They seem to hope that by the time this really is the game they envision enough players are left. Not sure this will happen, but hey, I will play as long as I have fun. I still got other games to play, so if this dies (and the chance is pretty high) no harm done.

• Upvote 1

Makeitgood9999

my prob isnt the extracts my problems are the high level overgeared headset wearing rats who even loot your ducking makarov. and armor doesnt really matter in this game to...i testet it with 2 complete fresh killa armors and kivr helmets with faceshields and die in the same speed like without hundrets of thousands spend on useless armor...but headsets should be in the game...of course why not? just make it way more harder for newer players to progress! thx battlestate games!

Frost58
On 3/31/2020 at 11:58 PM, symbiote said:

What WE need is to remove access to forum for these members who do not participate in forum, but demand thing from their own perspective, like small-minded rats.

MODS. Please delete duplicate topic. This also does not even qualify as topic for discussion.

What a fat headed and arrogant comment. : / 

I'm new to this brutal but fantastic game and it is particularly brutal for noobs. Going through the forum today I noticed how many new players are ridiculed and verbally beaten down whilst only asking for legitimate advice or making a suggestion that may help them progress and not throw the towel in.

The levelling system (or lack of it) is one of the most frustrating things about EFT when starting out and whilst many on here have egos the size of a planet and regard them selves as virtual 'Iron men' because they (think) they have 'gotten gud' at EFT is really is nothing to have an ego about or an excuse to beat down on the new players.

So far I'm seeing a pretty 'toxic' community where many spout their bigoted opinions repeatedly and have very little or no time for people who are just starting to get to grips with this game.

You keyboard warriors I'm talking about know who you are...put your brain in gear before you trash talk or put people down for no reason.

Be nice!

Peace : )

Second2non
On 3/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, Makeitgood9999 said:

its always so frustrating to go out withlevle 3-4 and a pistol, only to get smoked by a level 20 player with 1mio rubel kit and headsets and poo...we need a balancing system with player level and rubel amount in mind.

we also need a difficulty setting because the games clearly too hard for this guy ^^

Guerrilla

There are other games for casual players. No one had it easy. I started late in patch cycle and had pathetic KDR. Now after a few patches I have an excellent KDR. It's like a rite of passage and initiation. What would actually be unfair is you getting to skip that crucial process. Sorry man but it really does come down to "git gud"

Sparki009

Omg, kid, learn the game for the first time, learn the maps, learn all the spots, learn to shoot well with weapons first and foremost. Learn to play tactics. This game is HARDCORE SHOOTER, it's not meant for anyone, if you came from CSGO here and you're the RUSH B S ** type. Of course you never get out of a raid. Play scav, easy money. We need more content in this game, we don't need player level balancing system. Again, this game is one HARDCORE TACTIC SHOOTER. If you tilted early you don't have a long life on this game. :)