remove 1 hour lockout for wrong password entered

predimus

Could you please consider removing the 1 hour lockout for entering your password wrong only one time. I find this really annoying when I accidentally mistyped my password only to find I am locked out for playing  the game for 1 hole hour. No other game does is and a 1 hour lock out time is way to long. A 5 minute lockout is fine but anything more than that is excessive. 

• Upvote 1

majority of games don't make you wait a hour 5  to 10 minutes is fine but a hour is ridiculous, if they want to keep it secure then force a password reset not wait a entire hour to play the game, or even better a verification code to your cell phone or email. there are plenty of better and secure ways to keep your account secure than to force you to wait a hour to play. 

• Like 2

I ran into this recently when attempting to log in from my phone. I entered the wrong password ONCE (even though it's supposed to happen when entered wrong twice) and got this. It was no real inconvenience, but one hour isn't reasonable.

• 2 months later...

Here's the thing.

Tarkov accounts are in demand. The moment you slack on security, the same moment passwords start leaking to the wrong hands. You know, the cheating real money-dealing, credit card fraud hustling kind of hands.

The inconvenience of this compared to the inconvenience of even more issues with the latter category is acceptable. Perhaps not to you, as an individual, but to the general population - it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 7:34 AM, tobiassolem said:

Here's the thing.

Tarkov accounts are in demand. The moment you slack on security, the same moment passwords start leaking to the wrong hands. You know, the cheating real money-dealing, credit card fraud hustling kind of hands.

The inconvenience of this compared to the inconvenience of even more issues with the latter category is acceptable. Perhaps not to you, as an individual, but to the general population - it is.

How about you add a method to unlock? Why not offer an email confirmation or something rather than a FORCED lockout with no option but wait? I mean, it really isn't that hard. Offer an alternative - that is, if you care in the least bit about the player base..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah lemme hop onto my discord with my buddies, lets play tarkov.

Oh no Caps Lock was on bc of the last time I played tarkov. 1hr cooldown.

GG guess im not going to play. I dont recommend this game to people who ask me about it just because of this problem.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 3:55 AM, predimus said:

majority of games don't make you wait a hour 5  to 10 minutes is fine but a hour is ridiculous, if they want to keep it secure then force a password reset not wait a entire hour to play the game, or even better a verification code to your cell phone or email. there are plenty of better and secure ways to keep your account secure than to force you to wait a hour to play. 

Imagine not completely shafting the player base for making one mistake while typing a password and giving no alternative to verify the person's integrity/identity. Utterly amazing. 1st time today I made a mistake and now I'm locked for a whole ass hour. Love the game, but BSG really needs to step it up on this. Insane.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. This is just bad design.

The security of my account is my own responsibility, if i want to play loose with it and risk having it stolen that's my own fault. Locking me out of my account for an hour because I miss a single keystroke is unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 7:34 AM, tobiassolem said:

Here's the thing.

There is other game that are also on the demands, Tarkov is not alone in that situation. Still every website and gaming log in let you have 2-3 try before locking you out. also that lock reset after a while. I open the game earlier tonight, i had caplock on without noticing and got a error, locked out for 2min.... fine no problem. Play for 2 hours, got the Flea market glitch where everything stop being post on it and you cannot move anything in your inventory anymore. need to close and reopen the game... i did, still have caplock on again because while playing Tarkov i use that button. Enter the password and boom error again... ah f*** ok no problem 2 min wait its fine...... nop its an hour..... WTF? This is not a major bank account. its a gaming account, its a video game.... seriously bank offer more error then this game on password log in. 

This is just ridiculous! Its just driving players out of the game again.... there is way too many things thats drives players out for that kind of small stupidities.

I've entered the password wrong many times and I believe there's a 3 wrong passwords limit for the launcher before your account gets locked out.

I have no idea on what people are even talking about here. Maybe it's for people who haven't verified their email or don't have an authenticator or whatever?

1 hour ago, Shaktimaan said:

I've entered the password wrong many times and I believe there's a 3 wrong passwords limit for the launcher before your account gets locked out.

I have no idea on what people are even talking about here. Maybe it's for people who haven't verified their email or don't have an authenticator or whatever?

You must be Special, because i looked at my profile, and email is verified. Everthing is in order. There is no option in security to make it 3 error or 1. Since i start playing Tarkov 2-3months ago it always have been this way. one error 2min. Its the first time i got it a second time in the same day and got 1h. As you can read on the comments ppl get 20-24h for 3 times. Maybe you have a really old account with old settings, i don't know. Never had the chance to more then one try.  I just enable authenticator but i really don't think its gonna change anything. Now i don't wanna try to do a mistake on purpose to see if i have 3 chances. I don't want to get blocked to play tomorrow night. (so stupid) and i don't see anywhere when this is reseting. Was that like no reset at all and  you have 5x 2min then 1h then eventually blocked forever? or is it resetting every 24h... don't know.... as usual no information on anything on this game.... yet we pre-order and help them build up the game, but hey.... no info on anything!

2 minutes ago, Xarc said:

@AsegBloodtears There is no way to miss those 2 options, one to save the login the other to check what you have typed.

646896219_2021-04-0107_13_59-Window.png.3f8d7937f05cc738fd1c902fe3166722.png

NO WAY!!!!  Never seen theses option!!!! 
Of course i seen it, first of all are you always looking at what you wrote with the Eye to make sure you enter your password correctly? 99% of the website allows you for at least 3 typo. There is no reason to look each time. Also the reason that it is hidden is for other people to not see your password when you enter it. I will guess here that you assume that i am alone in my house and there is never anyone around the computer....
Yes since i got that stupid 1h ban i am using the eye to make sure, but still the 1 strike rules makes no sense to be there at all. 
Second keep me logged in is use for player, like you assume (like i explain above), that are the only one using that computer. This is not the case for me. My familly is using my computer. My kid is using it and he got friends coming over using it. Do i want them to long on my acount and mess things up?  No... so no keep me looged in for sure. Same reason password are hidden when you write... 

Thanks for your time anyway, have a good day!

2 minutes ago, AsegBloodtears said:

NO WAY!!!!  Never seen theses option!!!! 
Of course i seen it, first of all are you always looking at what you wrote with the Eye to make sure you enter your password correctly? 99% of the website allows you for at least 3 typo. There is no reason to look each time. Also the reason that it is hidden is for other people to not see your password when you enter it. I will guess here that you assume that i am alone in my house and there is never anyone around the computer....
Yes since i got that stupid 1h ban i am using the eye to make sure, but still the 1 strike rules makes no sense to be there at all. 
Second keep me logged in is use for player, like you assume (like i explain above), that are the only one using that computer. This is not the case for me. My familly is using my computer. My kid is using it and he got friends coming over using it. Do i want them to long on my acount and mess things up?  No... so no keep me looged in for sure. Same reason password are hidden when you write... 

Thanks for your time anyway, have a good day!

I'm not quite sure now ... are you talking about game login or the web account login ?

Because I was reading Shaktimaan's talking about the launcher. Sorry if I misunderstood.

2 minutes ago, Xarc said:

I'm not quite sure now ... are you talking about game login or the web account login ?

Because I was reading Shaktimaan's talking about the launcher. Sorry if I misunderstood.

The Launcher login, the website 3 errors was just an example of what is done by almost every system, website, launchers, bank account, apps..... pretty much everything, exept extremely high sensitive log it and Tarkov does not fall in this category.

58 minutes ago, AsegBloodtears said:

My familly is using my computer. My kid is using it and he got friends coming over using it. Do i want them to long on my acount and mess things up?  No... so no keep me looged in for sure. Same reason password are hidden when you write... 

Try to use a good password manager.

11 hours ago, Xarc said:

Try to use a good password manager.

Ok i think we just getting away from the issue here, Password never been an issue, mistake (misstype) can happen sometimes, its just normal. The discussion of the post is about having a one strike rule problems. This is not just me, look above, lots of people complaining about it. thank you

3 hours ago, Xarc said:

@AsegBloodtears I'm not trying to confuse you, but last time I checked I got this:

785906979_Firstattempt.png.4c37675c8e1ae2f76474635581559d4d.png

976448514_secondattempt.png.b4288f1e1141a075ecffbcc79920e39a.png

1790417530_thirdattempt.png.ce241f0f56e558e018e3f46168c08e18.png

913022080_fourthattempt.png.abfbce4340ba1e07bd4a3441fdb9f70e.png

817319449_fifthattempt.png.d19e1910811db07837dc172d82f4aec6.png

I don't rememeber seeing any of attempts count, and if it was there when i created my account and make some error, which is possible and never notice the count. That would mean the amount of possible mistake never reset. Cause i remember getting 2min after first mistake lately. Last night the game crash and make a mistake 2h after the first one because cap lock was on and got 1h which duck up my night of gaming. I would like to try it right now to see if it has reset, but i don't feel like having it blocked for 24h. 

WoW while i was writing this i tough... you know what duck it i am going to play somthing else tomorrow if it block.  Open the Launcher, make a typo on purpose, do the captcha and boom  1h. 

So that mean you have multiple attempts, then 2min, mjultiple times then 1h a couple time and so on, it never reset as far as i can tell.  Would be great to have a mnimum of support and have a someone for BST explain how it work. I might just send an email to get the information.  If its never reset. that would be the most stupid thing i ever seen in a game lol 

Wow Wow Wow even more stupid then that.... its the Launcher that get locked, not the account, i cannot log on another account. I just can't beleive this, i am so stun. My respect for this compagny is just going down like i never expected it. I have no word for that LOLLLLLLLLL 

@AsegBloodtearsLast time checked was about 3 months ago or so.

I don't know if they changed something since then.

I will check/test again just for you (maybe for others too).

Edit: Nope ... nothing has changed. Is a friendly login for all (even for me when I'm drunk).

Edited by Xarc

5 hours ago, Xarc said:

@AsegBloodtearsLast time checked was about 3 months ago or so.

I don't know if they changed something since then.

I will check/test again just for you (maybe for others too).

Edit: Nope ... nothing has changed. Is a friendly login for all (even for me when I'm drunk).

Thanks for the test and the help, i send a ticket to the support about this, hopefully it will be fix for my account. For now i just have to double, triple and quadruple check when i log in to make sure i don't lost my  night  of gaming in Tarkov.....

Thanks again!