ALLynil

New patch and new error "Game update handling error could not find part of path"

The_Enraged

Seems to have happened again for patch 12.7...

This is very frustrating to deal with over and over when paying so much for the game.

No support??!

Adam19Eleven
1 hour ago, The_Enraged said:

Seems to have happened again for patch 12.7...

This is very frustrating to deal with over and over when paying so much for the game.

No support??!

Same bro. I'd really rather not have to reinstall the game

Edit: Deleting and reinstalling the launcher worked for me

Edited by Adam19Eleven

OldMateShane

Same here;

Things tried;

1. Renamed Update file located in 'Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\Temp' to download fresh copy
  2. Once Error Appeared, usually when i clicked 'close' the entire launcher would close also. On one attempt I had a 'report a bug' window open and when I clicked 'Close' on the error, i was able to quickly click 'Repair' - This completed and re-running the update had no change and still failed
  3. Renamed "\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\settings" and re-logging in and setting game directory and re-downloading patch - No change
  4. Opening game directly from game folder
  5. Deleting 'CefCache' and 'Logs' from C:\Users\%username\AppData\Local\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher
    1. These actually contained the actual log where the updater failed;
    2. Error during resume the installation
      --> UpdateServiceException: ErrorWhileApplyingTheGameUpdate
              at Eft.Launcher.Base.Services.UpdateServices.GameUpdateService.<DownloadAndApplyGameUpdateSet>d__44.MoveNext()
           --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
              at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
              at Eft.Launcher.Base.Services.UpdateServices.GameUpdateService.<ResumeInstallation>d__48.MoveNext()
              at Eft.Launcher.Gui.Wpf.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel..MoveNext()
      --> DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
              at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
              at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
              at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.MoveFileInPlace(Boolean fileExistsBeforeExtraction, String targetFileName, String tmpPath, Boolean checkLaterForResetDirTimes)
              at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtractToBaseDir(String baseDir, String password, ZipContainer zipContainer, ZipEntrySource zipEntrySource, String fileName)
              at Eft.Launcher.Base.Services.CompressionService..()
              at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
              at Eft.Launcher.Base.Services.UpdateServices.GameUpdateService.<DownloadAndApplyGameUpdateSet>d__44.MoveNext()
  6. Modified folder permissions to include 'Everyone' with Full control.

My Hunch is it may be something to do with the Drive Letter being different from C:\ but cannot test due to C:\ not having enough space.

Does everyone who has the issue have it on a drive letter other than C:\? E.g. In my case it's J:\

OldMateShane

I tried uninstalling the Launcher and received a message that the uninstaller file was missing.

I then re-ran the Launcher (BsgLauncher.10.3.0.1162.exe) and afterwards the patch installed correctly.

I think either the patch and/or moving the 'Temp' Folder from the Launcher Settings wiped a bunch of the files in 'J:\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher'.

Hopefully this will help others :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1960Bloodletter

I had a launcher install file in my download folder and re-ran it to install new launcher. It worked for me....good luck gents.

I had my game on my e: drive and thought that was the problem but after copying everything to 'c:' drive it still didnt work. I think its more a launcher problem.

Edited by 1960Bloodletter

Wrong_decision

Hi guys I'm experiencing the same problems, has anyone found a concrete solution? Without uninstalling the game, if yes you could list it step by step, Thanks.

OldMateShane
On 7/28/2020 at 10:31 PM, Wrong_decision said:

Hi guys I'm experiencing the same problems, has anyone found a concrete solution? Without uninstalling the game, if yes you could list it step by step, Thanks.

My 'Fix' was to re-run the Battlestate Launcher. Once ran my update then worked correctly.

This was the suggestion from EFT Support.

Hello! 

Try DOWNLOAD the distribution of the game directly using any download manager.

After downloading the file, you need to unpack it to any convenient location. For example, the path to the game start file will be D:\Games\EFT\EscapeFromTarkov.exe

After that, in the launcher you can specify the path to the directory with the game, in this example you will need to specify the directory D:\Games\EFT\.

You need to set full rights for the current user (folder properties, "Security" tab) for the game folder and for the launcher folder. Also temporarily turn off all antivirus and security programs, such as Windows Defender or whitelist launcher and game folder in exceptions list(s).

onihR

I have got in the habit of a full uninstall / reinstall between patches.

I feel like it helps things to run better with no artifacts causing bugs.

Even if your game isn't crashing when you update the patch.. you still may be able to get better performance if you do this.

Note that i don't do it for minor patch versions -> just between major versions (12.6 -> 12.7 for example).

I know its a pain in the ass, but it will likely fix this issue.

Otherwise, you can use something like cc-cleaner to clean all your temp files, something might have been corrupted (Just google CCleaner)

Also go to your task manage (ctrl+ alt +  delete -> task manager), and go to the "details" tab.
Kill any processes that seem battlestate/eft related before you run your launcher.
I've noticed some strange behaviour when killing the processes and reopening right away again.
The error recovery from these things needs a little bit of work IMO.

Good luck!

onihR
On 7/28/2020 at 5:31 AM, Wrong_decision said:

My guess is the process of discovering the specific issue and trying to fix is going to take longer then just a reinstall (unless you are on dial up or something).

I would say the shotgun approach of uninstall/reinstall is going to be quicker for you in this case and will also fix any internal issues you may not have noticed.

It seems likely that something is corrupted in your update, so even if you get it past this specific issue you may find others will appear that require a reinstall anyway.

Sorry :/ 

Good luck

Lstolte

Does anyone having issues have the ability to confirm if they are using automatic updates for Tarkov or not? Mine always seems to be fine, my friends have problems. They do not use automatic updates. Just a thought I had as I was trying to help trouble shoot. Sorry if it is a waste of everyone's time. 

May all your travels be light and easy, 
Lstolte/DaliLama123

M0NARX

Did anyone else here change the install location of the game? 

I noticed I cannot change the launcher from sending app data to my 😄 drive instead of my gaming drive (D)

behi09ma
13 minutes ago, M0NARX said:

Did anyone else here change the install location of the game? 

I noticed I cannot change the launcher from sending app data to my 😄 drive instead of my gaming drive (D)

i remember changing the intalled game files from my hdd to sdd a few months ago with no errors or problems

shanesilagi

Let me first start by saying, I'm ignorant and I know nothing. Have not done the proper foot work but I feel like if this issue has happened multiple times and has not been addressed it's either very low on a list of priorities for the devs who are most likely working nonstop crazy hours to make this game great or it could be they are intentionally not fixing it so they can sell it to a game studio / distributor by pitching it to them like "look how many times our game has been downloaded!" Then they sell the unfished product to the distributor or game studio who will do minimum work and toss money at marketing for a "FULL GAME RELEASE!!!" and then we are all unhappy with it but still buy it hoping it's great and then we move on to the next one. Love the game, hate the industry. I'd rather just keep paying these guys money to keep at it. 

Edited by shanesilagi

myther04

Thanks meuru,

That seemed to help me as well.

• Like 1

netkillaz
Am 24.10.2020 um 17:16 schrieb mueru:

I think this error is caused by the limitation of the paths.

This site shows how to remove it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

My friend tried this and it solved the error. Don't forget to reboot after changing the windows registry.

omg, this acutally works :D

• Like 1

ToyotaBoy
On 4/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, sYs said:

close the launcher

go to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher

and delete file called settings

launch the launcher

Works for me 😃

tnx!

TheSoberHobo

I'm having the same problem. I have tried every single thing suggested on this topic and still get the same error.

DARKKOOB

Got the same problem (Game update handling error could not find part of path)

DePoolseJager

Yup, same for me, just bought the game but it seems i won't be playing it today

0x0byte

@DePoolseJager @DARKKOOB @TheSoberHobo and anyone else finding this post. I had the same issue and was able to fix it by completely uninstalling game and launcher and then using the launcher installer from the email I received when purchased, not the one linked from the website profile.

hyperionyume
On 10/24/2020 at 8:16 AM, mueru said:

I think this error is caused by the limitation of the paths.

This site shows how to remove it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

My friend tried this and it solved the error. Don't forget to reboot after changing the windows registry.

I can, without a doubt agree that this actually worked. No need to do any downloads or anything, just go into the registry and change a 0 to a 1!

Dr_Butthole

Been trying fixes for this for 2 days now since trying to install on a brand new SSD. Nothing seems to work and support always seems to think its on my end. Guess Im waiting until they decide to fix this issue. Bummer that Ive missed insurance at this point.