TRodGene

Deaths by invisible players, Tools to combat cheaters?

TRodGene

Loaded in twice on reserve one raid after another and both times i was killed by invisible players. First time i was in an enclosed space and dropped dead instantly (headshot) no bullet, gun, or impact sounds. second time  i was on a roof and i could hear someone running around very close but looked around couldn't see anyone, next thing i know i'm getting knifed in the head and i do a full 360 - no one around me at all- and then drop dead.

This isn't the first time i've had this happen, and as far as i can remember its almost always been on reserve. Just want to know how widespread is this problem? Are you all experiencing this? seems like every 10-20 raids i run into some sort of cheater. im thinking of making another thread in the suggestions sub-thread asking the devs to 1. provide more info on the nature of your death other than [this part shot, this part least damaged] and 2. give the players some sort of tool to report players when they have a fishy death, an account gets too many reports==banned or goes through a review process etc. what do y'all think?

• Upvote 1

SimplyEpic

There are no real tools. In terms of cheaters, the game is flooded with them at the moment and the engagement towards this topic is almost none from BSG. I like dying in a fight in Tarkov, but being chased with grenades all around the map and shot in 0 visibility weather from nowhere is a bit too much. For me, it's time to uninstall Tarkov again. I will probably come back after a while to check if anything changed, but I will NEVER upgrade my game from standard, as BSG doesn't deserve it.

• Like 1

AlbertSmith

Well there would be a simple step to lock out a huge amount of hackers, take the chinese translation out of the game.

But i guess this would lessen the amount of money bsg is making by quite a bit.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

evilchris85

Just got the EOD expansion, been playing for two weeks... Hit level 10, sold stuff on the flea market.. made 2m rubles. Built some awesome op-sks guns with tapco scopes and got some 30 round magazines and good BS ammo for them. Bought good (t5) armor with Altyn helmets. Spent my money to build 5 identical kits. Here's what happened:

Games 1-3: Nearly instantly killed by hackers

Game 4: Flashbanged with Zarya's about 20 times by an invisible player. Effect finally wore off. Started running away after looking 360 degrees around me for about a minute. Nothing. The second I left the area I got instantly killed.

Game 5: Ran straight to the extract after looting one cache and got a run through penalty.

This game is horrible.

• Sad 1

Grimm285
2 hours ago, evilchris85 said:

Just got the EOD expansion, been playing for two weeks... Hit level 10, sold stuff on the flea market.. made 2m rubles. Built some awesome op-sks guns with tapco scopes and got some 30 round magazines and good BS ammo for them. Bought good (t5) armor with Altyn helmets. Spent my money to build 5 identical kits. Here's what happened:

Games 1-3: Nearly instantly killed by hackers

Game 4: Flashbanged with Zarya's about 20 times by an invisible player. Effect finally wore off. Started running away after looking 360 degrees around me for about a minute. Nothing. The second I left the area I got instantly killed.

Game 5: Ran straight to the extract after looting one cache and got a run through penalty.

This game is horrible.

this is the problem with new people (with the exception of labs) more then likely all of those were just killed by normal players.  Cheaters aren't as rampant as everyone says this wipe.  last few wipes is a different story.  play the game a few months and you will look back on all your "sus" deaths and be like "oh obviously it was a camping asshole not a cheating asshole" or "yup that was some thermal bs" the number of cheaters on normal maps isn't high....labs is another story though.

Best way to help the community is run some kind of shadowplay or screen capture.  If you take a video and catch the name post it on the mega thread then within a week get a satisfied look at their updated "banned players this week" list. extremely satisfying to see a name of someone you caught up there.  

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 2

evilchris85
50 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

this is the problem with new people (with the exception of labs) more then likely all of those were just killed by normal players.  Cheaters aren't as rampant as everyone says this wipe.  last few wipes is a different story.  play the game a few months and you will look back on all your "sus" deaths and be like "oh obviously it was a camping asshole not a cheating asshole" or "yup that was some thermal bs" the number of cheaters on normal maps isn't high....labs is another story though.

Best way to help the community is run some kind of shadowplay or screen capture.  If you take a video and catch the name post it on the mega thread then within a week get a satisfied look at their updated "banned players this week" list. extremely satisfying to see a name of someone you caught up there.  

Top 500 in overwatch, multiple season of grandmaster. Have played other competitive FPS games for years. Hell, I played FPS games back in the 90s when Quake was the hottest thing that existed. I know cheats when I see them. You're not 1 tapping me in the head with a visored Altyn when I'm inside of  houses on shoreline unlocking a safe. Those are called paid cheats. If you think they're not out there, spend a few minutes searching google.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Grimm285
1 hour ago, evilchris85 said:

Top 500 in overwatch, multiple season of grandmaster. Have played other competitive FPS games for years. Hell, I played FPS games back in the 90s when Quake was the hottest thing that existed. I know cheats when I see them. You're not 1 tapping me in the head with a visored Altyn when I'm inside of  houses on shoreline unlocking a safe. Those are called paid cheats. If you think they're not out there, spend a few minutes searching google.

super proud of you for all those achievements, However...those aren't tarkov.  Tarkov is a vastly different game then almost anything out there.  i came to it to be something like arma2 and it still differs extremely far from that in how it plays.  

There is cheating in tarkov never said there wasn't but MOST times when you die its just that tarkov is a hardcore game with too many people like myself that have all the gear and money they could ever want at this point in the wipe.

Yes you can get one tapped looting a safe thats why almost all of them are in view of some window so you can be sniped.  need 100m headshots for a quest? why not sit 100m from a loot spot and camp it all raid.  The fact of the matter is yea you probably have died to a hacker occasionally maybe once or twice so far as long as you stay off labs.  But most of the time its just normal deaths.  Good ammo always beats good armor in this game (as it should).  You Will die a-lot, and most people will never go into a raid without at-least comtacs and a suppressor (prob some thermal too).  So when you're running around like quake and overwatch me and half the map have been tracking you for 5 minutes with all the noise you made, and snuck up behind you to put one through your skull. 

But if i can sit on construction site 25 raids in a row over a week period, with noone ever finding me up there then people literally cannot be cheating as much as everyone claims

I have seen tarkov when it was bad,  pre-batteye it was AWFUL.  now tho the games are relatively clear of cheaters (EXCEPT LABS, seriously fook that map, would be super fun without the farmers on it).
Instead of complaining about nothing: start recording, prove to us what you are claiming and perhaps we can tell you "oh yea see what happened was the guy did "X" or was at "Y"location" orrrr be like "yup thats a cheating baby, lets get his name"

• Sad 3

Jk90

Ive been on the game for months now upgraded to EOD edition also. games been sweet had the odd sus death every now and then or a speed hacker.

All of a sudden this week its been a nightmare, randomly lose limbs and die, me and a team mate got that at the same time and he died. just ran a customs game there and 3 of us wiped out to a speed hacker. Reserve has been a nightmare had some one trying to spray me through a wall and kept on running to the opposite direction i was facing even though i wasn't insight and slow turning. I killed a speed hacker on reserve too after he killed a team mate. this week the games been bullshit. update issues and full of hackers.

Grimm285
1 hour ago, Jk90 said:

All of a sudden this week its been a nightmare, randomly lose limbs and die

battleye works on a ban wave system its possible you ahve just been gettin super unlucky, but if they are using software as obvious as speed hacks they will be gone in the next ban wave.

The randomly losing limbs tho is almost certainly someone shooting you at distance with a silenced weapon, for better or worse a few months back they super buffed suppressors.  Now unless you are within 30-40 meters of the shooter you will hear nothing but the impacts on you.  If you are getting shot with no sound at-all, as in no impacts even when they hit you just damage, then its probably a glitched scav bug.  super annoying and been around forever basically they spawn wrong and are invisible BUT they still react like scavs.  So if you notice this try to toss a grenade anywhere and then book it out of that area, the scav will automatically stop shooting at you and run for cover like normal ones due when they panic with a grenade thrown at them. 

• Upvote 1

Dusty747

the cheaters know what loot you are loading in with. I just went in with thermal goggles for the first time and got one tapped less than 10 seconds into the raid. I don't know what the dev team is doing besides taking ppls money and pretending like this game is hardcore. they are just milking cheaters for their money

• Cold 1

evilchris85
18 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

Yes you can get one tapped looting a safe thats why almost all of them are in view of some window so you can be sniped.  need 100m headshots for a quest? why not sit 100m from a loot spot and camp it all raid.

I could hear him walking up the steps of the house and was one tapped in the head. Not through the window. Not from outside. From the steps. Just stop, you're literally making yourself sound like a retard.

traumacode

Don't listen to the trolls, the game is rampant with cheaters right now and I agree the last week has especially been bad.  The last 5/10 deaths I've had were top of head kills by sdlkfjas or XOXOAOAO32 or a PMC with a scav's name to try and throw off the anti-cheat system.

It's a bunch of nonsense but it's "still in beta".  It really does ruin the experience though.

Grimm285
3 hours ago, evilchris85 said:

I could hear him walking up the steps of the house and was one tapped in the head. Not through the window. Not from outside. From the steps. Just stop, you're literally making yourself sound like a retard.

sooooo you heard him walk up behind you and shoot you and you're calling me retarded? sounds like you figured out what it was, no cheater no hacker, just got shot in the back and needed somewhere to whine about it.  High tier ammo can one tap through literally anything in the game, easily.  

Sad.  this is why i don't believe most people when they call hacks without proof because if you think someone sneaking up on you and shooting you in normal game-play is sus, you are actually a 
image.png.9e96123756a635b9e87c17884c44468a.png

Caspertoo
1 hour ago, Grimm285 said:

sooooo you heard him walk up behind you and shoot you and you're calling me retarded? sounds like you figured out what it was, no cheater no hacker, just got shot in the back and needed somewhere to whine about it.  High tier ammo can one tap through literally anything in the game, easily.  

Sad.  this is why i don't believe most people when they call hacks without proof because if you think someone sneaking up on you and shooting you in normal game-play is sus, you are actually a 
image.png.9e96123756a635b9e87c17884c44468a.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVaZwY4UBKk

You really think chinese hackers aren't all over the place right now?  How about 15 year old kids stuck in their house that want to make a little/lot of money.  BSG isn't putting resources to this problem because it's all $$$ to them.  Some ahole buys a copy of the game, uses hacks, transfers all the loot to a secondary account, sells the ruples on ebay, gets the hack account banned 7-10 days later, made $500-$1000 in net profit.  Buys a new account right after.  BSG gets more money, the hack cycle continues.  The only people truly getting screwed are the normal  players who are the victims of the hacking.  

Grimm285
5 hours ago, Caspertoo said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVaZwY4UBKk

You really think chinese hackers aren't all over the place right now?  How about 15 year old kids stuck in their house that want to make a little/lot of money.  BSG isn't putting resources to this problem because it's all $$$ to them.  Some ahole buys a copy of the game, uses hacks, transfers all the loot to a secondary account, sells the ruples on ebay, gets the hack account banned 7-10 days later, made $500-$1000 in net profit.  Buys a new account right after.  BSG gets more money, the hack cycle continues.  The only people truly getting screwed are the normal  players who are the victims of the hacking.  

i never said there wasn't cheaters its just more often then not its not a hacker on any normal map, the map where people do that on are labs or reserve otherwise the returns are far too low.  Most of the "farmers" that use cheats do it on labs few others on ayn other map because its not worth their time they would make more just botting on the flea market for a week considering how much money they people make on there.

And more importantly i was talking about him getting shot in a perfectly understandable situation where as there was no reason that would be a cheater walking on wood floors in one of the mansions then gets one tapped while in a safe doesn't sound sus sounds like he got out played and should have watched his sound more

There is too many cheaters out there and BSG does care thats why they got battleye and now cheaters only get a week before they had free rein all server long.  I do agree though that i wish they hardware banned or ip banned but i honestly dont know how that stuff works and if its possible with a game like this, but that would deal with a lot of the farmers 

Osirium
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, Jk90 said:

Ive been on the game for months now upgraded to EOD edition also. games been sweet had the odd sus death every now and then or a speed hacker.

All of a sudden this week its been a nightmare, randomly lose limbs and die, me and a team mate got that at the same time and he died. just ran a customs game there and 3 of us wiped out to a speed hacker. Reserve has been a nightmare had some one trying to spray me through a wall and kept on running to the opposite direction i was facing even though i wasn't insight and slow turning. I killed a speed hacker on reserve too after he killed a team mate. this week the games been bullshit. update issues and full of hackers.

This.

I've had no issues whatsoever with the game or hackers aside the occasional freeze or stutter but lately i've been killed in so many weird ways its starting to make me itchy. I run reserve with my scav all the time and i do the occasional scav to scav violence for that much needed AK or backpack but last raids I got killed out of the blue....yes I dropped dead with no shot sound, bullet nothing....just a black screen as I fall.

Yesterday I managed to see 2 players leaving the "Welcome to hell building" or White King and avoided them both, got in the building to see if they missed anything and go to the window....where I see one of them pass by heading straight to scav lands exit but I knew there were 2 of them so i waited. Not soon after I hear the other go by and with my scav SKS got him as he was crossing to white bishop....his friend comes back and i shoot him and hide.

Mind you I coul've been in any of the windows facing that building or even in the top of the building...he knew the shot came from there thats a given....but i crouched immediately after the first shot and moved towards my right, away from the window and soundless when he sprays the wall as im moving, failing to hit me (i had servers blocking and the window towards outside had planks covering it) and he kept spraying the same direction i was moving and got a headshot on me....through a wall and falling servers....

Im all about lucky shots and i've gotten a few but thats just impossible cause I could've moved in any direction but his shots followed me around this was his hame:

964619090_2020-03-2720-56(0).thumb.png.927de4d06f34cdea6015e330b63234cf.png

I dont complain much but I got admit, lately Reserve has been very hard to run either way even on PMC....spawning at 49m into the raid with a team of 2 players fully geared 10 feet away and of course dying in the initial 10 seconds of the raid.

Edited by Osirium

truffleshuffle3

Just had a taste of what I think was a invisiable player scav. I was on customs I spawned close to cross roads so I went into the area with the car with the meds in the trunk. I had on the low end sound amplifire head gear. I hear someone walking the wall on my right and the only way to get to me where I am is to walk around the wall and enter the area through the gaurd gate. Next thing I know I am getting shot from the right side of me through the wall. I even loaded into another round just to see if there was anything he could of stood on to shoot me over the wall but there was nothing. He either shot me through the wall somehow as a scav or was invisible to me and was right next to me in the same area I was. It said I died to a scav but I am fairly sure it was a player scav as scavs will yell and say stuff if you are close to them. 

DrunkNoob

Happening to me all day. Invisible hackers WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! its bad enough not knowing how they shot through a wall but being invisible is taking the piss.

beddamischia
On 3/28/2020 at 4:09 PM, Osirium said:

yes I dropped dead with no shot sound, bullet nothing....just a black screen as I fall.

this is not hacking usually, it means:

-if you hear the shot landing but not the shot fired, it was probably very far

-if you don't even hear the shot landing, it's desync

Jeffy14

This is not hackers/cheaters.
This is due to desync with the server. Happened to me a few times also. It sucks when it happens but did you have troubles connecting to the game?
Usually it happens to me after a very long time trying to "sync with other players".

• Sad 1

Osirium
3 hours ago, beddamischia said:

this is not hacking usually, it means:

-if you hear the shot landing but not the shot fired, it was probably very far

-if you don't even hear the shot landing, it's desync

Agreed it may happen even though is unusual.

Despite that one case the rest is just plain obvious, getting shot through walls and doors several times already. Up till this last week i've never encountered any of the sort but lately is overwhelming.

For people like me that still have gear fear and is still learning the ropes, it made me go back to play Overwatch to unstress a bit.

ARMITAGEIII
On 3/27/2020 at 1:23 AM, Grimm285 said:

super proud of you for all those achievements, However...those aren't tarkov.  Tarkov is a vastly different game then almost anything out there.  i came to it to be something like arma2 and it still differs extremely far from that in how it plays.  

There is cheating in tarkov never said there wasn't but MOST times when you die its just that tarkov is a hardcore game with too many people like myself that have all the gear and money they could ever want at this point in the wipe.

Yes you can get one tapped looting a safe thats why almost all of them are in view of some window so you can be sniped.  need 100m headshots for a quest? why not sit 100m from a loot spot and camp it all raid.  The fact of the matter is yea you probably have died to a hacker occasionally maybe once or twice so far as long as you stay off labs.  But most of the time its just normal deaths.  Good ammo always beats good armor in this game (as it should).  You Will die a-lot, and most people will never go into a raid without at-least comtacs and a suppressor (prob some thermal too).  So when you're running around like quake and overwatch me and half the map have been tracking you for 5 minutes with all the noise you made, and snuck up behind you to put one through your skull. 

But if i can sit on construction site 25 raids in a row over a week period, with noone ever finding me up there then people literally cannot be cheating as much as everyone claims

I have seen tarkov when it was bad,  pre-batteye it was AWFUL.  now tho the games are relatively clear of cheaters (EXCEPT LABS, seriously fook that map, would be super fun without the farmers on it).
Instead of complaining about nothing: start recording, prove to us what you are claiming and perhaps we can tell you "oh yea see what happened was the guy did "X" or was at "Y"location" orrrr be like "yup thats a cheating baby, lets get his name"

TheRe ArE No ChEateRS IN DiS GaMe :

5 secs in google :

yeah ,no game has cheats ,its that every gamer in every country EXCEPT china (insert trump meme here) are stupid dumbass cunts ,we cant know a cheat because we are bronze in every competitive game...

im just literally uninstalled the game after being instakilled by 4 bullets from a dude called -ROX- or something similar with armor lvl 5 100/100 points and helmet+cover both lvl 5 98/100 points. 4 FUKIN BULLETS ,maybe he hit me in the right pixel ,but this wasnt the first time i saw it happens . It will be the last ,to be honest ill try to sell the game ,or forget it like i did 2 years ago when i bought it ,my friends and me only lasted 2 months and moved to scum . Now i get why....

Grimm285
1 hour ago, ARMITAGEIII said:

h ,no game has cheats ,its that every gamer in every country EXCEPT china (insert trump meme here) are stupid dumbass cunts ,we cant know a cheat because we are bronze in every competitive game...

im just literally uninstalled the game after being instakilled by 4 bullets from a dude called -ROX- or something similar with armor lvl 5 100/100 points and helmet+cover both lvl 5 98/100 points. 4 FUKIN BULLETS ,maybe he hit me in the right pixel ,but this wasnt the first time i saw it happens . It will be the last ,to be honest ill try to sell the game ,or forget it like i did 2 years ago when i bought it ,my friends and me only lasted 2 months and moved to scum . Now i get why....

See this right here is a prime example of a very dumb person so lets break it down:

1.  Obviously didn't read my post since i stated multiple times there are cheaters in every game but tarkov is quite better since BattleEye and most times people call hacker its just not knowing the game which leads me into point...

2.  4 bullets?! omg no one could ever do that in a game where armor value means nothing and good ammo always beats good armor, literally. every. time.  

3.  lvl 5 armor means nothing, and for that fact neither does lvl 6.  You can be one tapped in basically any armor especially if its a head shot.  M61, BP in a VSS/asVAL, m995, 7n39, hell even 7n1 sometimes can all one tap chests, pretty sure ive one tapped a guy in the leg with 7n1 before.

4.  That's great you are going to uninstall, literally not a single person cares but obviously you had to come complain on the forums because everyone has too much time on their hands.  And please down vote my post since thats all you can do its always the people with no rep and 5 posts all just complaining about the game. 

5. Most importantly: my entire point about countering people complaining about cheaters is simple - stop complaining and do something about it.  All i want is some proof, do some recordings show us something so we can help explain what happened and how not to be in that situation again OR report the cheater if ya get there name on video.  Not sure what it is with people these days but just complaining gets you no where, actually do something about it instead of whining like a B itch constantly 

mosjaycee
On 3/26/2020 at 9:32 PM, AlbertSmith said:

Well there would be a simple step to lock out a huge amount of hackers, take the chinese translation out of the game.

But i guess this would lessen the amount of money bsg is making by quite a bit.  🤷‍♂️

how is the Chinese translation connected to the Cheating problem??

Last time I check the aimbot ESP selling site are all in English!! 

and EFT had this problem way before the Chinese version went online. SO WE CHINESE SHOULD TAKE ALL THE BLAME NOW??

Or it's just too easy for you to blame CHINESE  CUZ USUALLY THEY DON'T READ AND WRITE IN ENGLISH TO NOTICE THERE ARE BUNCH OF IDIOTS LIKE YOU??Because you will probably heard nothing from CHINESE , nobody will fight back to your BIAS?

You ignorance racist.

ARMITAGEIII
1 hour ago, Grimm285 said:

See this right here is a prime example of a very dumb person so lets break it down:

1.  Obviously didn't read my post since i stated multiple times there are cheaters in every game but tarkov is quite better since BattleEye and most times people call hacker its just not knowing the game which leads me into point...

2.  4 bullets?! omg no one could ever do that in a game where armor value means nothing and good ammo always beats good armor, literally. every. time.  

3.  lvl 5 armor means nothing, and for that fact neither does lvl 6.  You can be one tapped in basically any armor especially if its a head shot.  M61, BP in a VSS/asVAL, m995, 7n39, hell even 7n1 sometimes can all one tap chests, pretty sure ive one tapped a guy in the leg with 7n1 before.

4.  That's great you are going to uninstall, literally not a single person cares but obviously you had to come complain on the forums because everyone has too much time on their hands.  And please down vote my post since thats all you can do its always the people with no rep and 5 posts all just complaining about the game. 

5. Most importantly: my entire point about countering people complaining about cheaters is simple - stop complaining and do something about it.  All i want is some proof, do some recordings show us something so we can help explain what happened and how not to be in that situation again OR report the cheater if ya get there name on video.  Not sure what it is with people these days but just complaining gets you no where, actually do something about it instead of whining like a B itch constantly 

and here is a cancer worse than cheaters ,the baby every forum has that DEFEND cheaters because everyone is stupid . i did something ,i left so many games cause of cheaters that i dont even give a duck about your opinion ,and you make me remember another cancer in steam support that literally claim no cheaters when i posted a fukin video of dudes literally tabbing players like icons in windows and then literally walking thru doors.... . cheaters are poo but cheater defenders like you are the reason so many ppl as me get cancer more and more everyday in online games...