Hatchling / Marked for death solution.

Scoobodybop

Scoobodybop

Since hatchlings seem to be some sort of an annoyance, I have come up with a little something that might be a solution to all the hatchling problems while maintaining the the use of the Secured Containers.

Solution 1: Have Hatchling specific spawns / extracts per map with severely reduced time to raid so that they don't have time to run to / loot high value locations.

-This can be determined by either flea market value or Dealer value.

Solution 2:  Similar to Solution 1 except they are only allowed to play a certain map that only allows other hatchlings.

-Loot may vary between Low and Mid Tier guns and armor, along with small value meds like A-1, Bandages, Splints etc...

Solution 3:  If someone Disconnects from the raid, have their Secured container lose all recently looted items from the raid.

-Can be changed based on ideals.  But I figure this is one of the worst of the solutions.  Since there are times where the server crashes.

Solution 4:  Have the Secured Case only become usable when a certain amount of Roubles are at risk.

-This is very similar to the first 2 solutions.

Solution 5:  Have the deposited items begin a count down once placed in the case.  When the countdown reaches Zero, it'll be safely secured.

-This is a similar opinion for 3.  Unnecessary when there are better solutions stated above.

I hope this little opinion of mine might bring a few ideas to light all the while maintaining the primary use for secured containers while "containing" the Hatchling problem.  (Get it?)

Share your opinions!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

First, let's make the game less punishing to start out and progress. Then maybe we can go after people who do what they do because of broader issues.

As far as suggestions for a solution, at least in the short term, I think something along the suggested version 1 would work: Where you spawn is based on what gear you have, with less valuable gear putting you farther away from "the goods".

• Upvote 1
tambo22003
7 hours ago, Scoobodybop said:

Since hatchlings seem to be some sort of an annoyance, I have come up with a little something that might be a solution to all the hatchling problems while maintaining the the use of the Secured Containers.

Solution 1: Have Hatchling specific spawns / extracts per map with severely reduced time to raid so that they don't have time to run to / loot high value locations.

-This can be determined by either flea market value or Dealer value.

Solution 2:  Similar to Solution 1 except they are only allowed to play a certain map that only allows other hatchlings.

-Loot may vary between Low and Mid Tier guns and armor, along with small value meds like A-1, Bandages, Splints etc...

Solution 3:  If someone Disconnects from the raid, have their Secured container lose all recently looted items from the raid.

-Can be changed based on ideals.  But I figure this is one of the worst of the solutions.  Since there are times where the server crashes.

Solution 4:  Have the Secured Case only become usable when a certain amount of Roubles are at risk.

-This is very similar to the first 2 solutions.

Solution 5:  Have the deposited items begin a count down once placed in the case.  When the countdown reaches Zero, it'll be safely secured.

-This is a similar opinion for 3.  Unnecessary when there are better solutions stated above.

I hope this little opinion of mine might bring a few ideas to light all the while maintaining the primary use for secured containers while "containing" the Hatchling problem.  (Get it?)

Share your opinions!

All of these are direct, limitation or condition to use the secure container. This is not a healthy way to discourage Hatchet run.
I do a lot of hatchet to hero runs and locking the case away isn't very cool for players like me.

A correct healthy solution to deal with Hatchet runs is changing the game economy and mechanics. At the current state,
80% of Barter  trades is a giant joke. Take the MIA trade for example, it requires 8 x USB-A to complete the trade.
That is 8 slots of inventory space that i am sacrificing where as I can just bring something more valuable. Even bringing home 8 bolts, I am getting 8x8000 = 64000 which more than enough to buy an M1A on the flea (assuming you are over Lv 10).

You can start to see things are not exactly correct. Majority of the ammo section is trash and the useful one are way too expensive.
The risk for killing PMC and actually playing the game isn't the meta because the reward is poo, that is putting questing aside of course. Game is difficult and hatchet run makes more money than has to lost gear.

At the current state, Tarkov doesn't offer cool interaction between players and the actual map and gives them oppotunity to get rice. That is, some example would help the interactivity such as 

-  raiders patrolling around the map
-  More Infinite scavs spawning if players makes too much sound
-  certain exit opening mid game with scavs invasion pouring in and roaming around map
-  Dynamic Loot that spawn mid game according to player activities
     |- -  loot (1 time use key) that leads to more loots at the same map at current game 
     |- -  Better Jager cache that requires certain condition (has to fight AIs or requires crowbar)
     |- -  dungeon like entrance that is sealed at entry. (multiple entry point for fun deathmatch like PVP action )
-  more than 1 scav boss = > scav war potential ??  <<< this is available in Offline mode

Zolty47
vor einer Stunde schrieb tambo22003:

All of these are direct, limitation or condition to use the secure container. This is not a healthy way to discourage Hatchet run.

If you claim something then also make an argument about it please, with reasoning behind it.

The secure container is the reason why hatchling runs work so effectively, BUT its not the reason why people do hatchling runs in the first place. Reasoning in detail later on.

To solve the issue is to solve game design flaws, that urge people to play as hatchlings, although many dont play it for fun, but to make money for later fun rounds.

Hatchling runs are the preparation for fun/geared matches.

"First the work, then the fun"

The risk for killing PMC and actually playing the game isn't the meta because the reward is poo, that is putting questing aside of course. Game is difficult and hatchet run makes more money than has to lost gear.

Hatchlings are not a sickness, but a symptome, that shows us that something in the game design does not work well.

Fight the problem at its roots, even if it may hurt someone.

My theory:

"Hatchling + secure container + known high value loot spawn point" is a low skill and effort strategy, that is the most economically speaking positive strategy.

Survival does not matter as hatchling, just be first at loot spawn, then die. Profit easily made.

The issue is, risk and survival are core parts of the game and a hatchling is even more boring than stupid jackass scavs. Playing with and against hatchlings is not fun, and that is my problem about it.

I dont have anything against the players themselves though, I only blame the game design, that sets hatchling runs as the way to go.

Possibilities to solve it, with as little negative side effects as possible:

1. Secure container is locked against loot, But:

A. Not for below level 15 players

B. Not, if your complete gear value, in stash and body gear is less worth than 300.000 rubles, a safety net, that keeps you above the poverty line (standard edition starter gear is worth ~ 500.000 rubles)

C. An new feature, hideable stash boxes / treasure chests, that can be hidden anywhere on map, your stash box only spawns in your match session. Versions: 3x3 fields 5 kg, 4x4 7 kg, 5x5 fields 9 kg.

It is like a hamster bag, use it to hide loot as a hatchling, if you think survival and extracting is too difficult this round.

Treasure chest content remains inside, spawns again with you on the map.

But be aware, if you play the map again, other players in your match session could loot it. But that is rare.

---> possibility 1 & 3 & 4 would fit together

2. Secure container cant take loot in the first 15 minutes of the match

3. Minimal raid time of 16 minutes, but as soon as you have collected 15 kg of loot, the rxtract points activate for you.

4. Safety net for broke and nrw players only, mid tier players dont need safety nets like insurance, safe loot box, remove them.

For broke players, own less than 300.000 rubles worth of gear get a 3 minute scav wait timer, just to get back on their feet.

New players, below level 15 get a 8 minute wait timer for scav runs.

Support, "safety nets" should only help the newest and brokest of players, and only as shortly timed as needed. Just so they come back on their feet. Then it should be hardcore survival again in a warzone.

Questionable features, that get better utilized from experienced players and waters down the survival high risk aspect of the game.

1. Insurance

2.flea market:

Possible healthy tweaks:

A. For "found in raid" items only

B. Top 30 % gear not allowed on flea market (BSG decides)

3. Bit coin farm

4. Scav loot box

5. Traders:

A. Top 30 % gear can only attained with dollars, euros or found in raid barter items. Trader goods cant be sold on flea market.

Some items cant be bought by the traders or on the flea market, only found in raid. So targeted / planned raiding will also be more important.

I would at least like it more if I would have to be more pragmatic not using the flea market as my home super market, where I can fastly buy everything at once I would like.

Raiding / looting for gear could be more fun than just looting for money.

Many of these features makes it even easier for older players and new players cant utilize it full like the veterans can.

Very controversial I agree, but to heal the game loop, there need some harsh changes to be made.

Or it will be high end gear vs high end gear again and again on higher levels.

Loot for gear, not only for money.

So finding gear in raid will not only feel more satisfying, but will be also be more important for experienced  players.

-  Dynamic Loot that spawn mid game according to player activities

Random loot spawn, but in a realistic way, ammo in weaponry room for example, but with varing position. On Interchange OLI reasonable, logical items, that are sold normally in these kind of shops, but to find anywhere on the shelves. No fix spawn points, only spawn halls / buildings.

Even experienced players will have to search a bit. White search dot ability should be removed though.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Naqel:

First, let's make the game less punishing to start out and progress. Then maybe we can go after people who do what they do because of broader issues.

The stuttering has to be solved, so people see some chance to defend their gear against players, not loosing it to the games whims/mood swings.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Naqel:

As far as suggestions for a solution, at least in the short term, I think something along the suggested version 1 would work: Where you spawn is based on what gear you have, with less valuable gear putting you farther away from "the goods".

That is already a bit of more work than BSG is willing to put into an timely limited solution, but could theoretically do the job.

ReebokRaidZ
11 hours ago, Scoobodybop said:

I suggested something like this for all players because you cant put a restriction on containers for one person and not the other

KomonesVac

Ima (hatchling) u know why?! I wear a pistol, AVS with 0 points and go hit up youre loot! and thats only becouse there are so many hackers i rather dont put on gear while i will get shot glitch speedhacked and HS me. so i kill the geared players, get the ns loot and get out before a hacker that will camp the whole map and stumble upon me.

• 3 weeks later...
Scoobodybop
On 3/30/2020 at 9:46 AM, ReebokRaidZ said:

I suggested something like this for all players because you cant put a restriction on containers for one person and not the other

It was stated to affect everyone as a whole, not just hatchlings.

Trinity_8

Personally I would worry more about the hackers then people that don't weigh 50 lbs going into battle and are smart because they don't want to loose their gear to aim bots and gamma hackers! which I see a lot of lately even captured it with OBS! Oh or by chance the game itself decides to freeze you in place so someone can come up and shoot you in the head ! I say fix the game first then worry about this meaningless crap!

GeneralBrus

Its the value of tarkovs items, like i believe that guns and only guns should be expensive.

Going for bitcoin rooms and ledx , graphicscards is just giving us too much cash compared with actual gear.

Fighting ppl and killing scavs should give the most income. Like come on, 2 M4 Mags that are more expensive then the actual gun?

Tarkovs economy is super trash, thats why hatched runs exist.

Its as you guys said, nerfing hatched runs with some weird mechanics is fighting the symptoms, the game needs a real rebalancing of the way we make money.