IBMess

High Tier Ammo Not Working Sometimes?

IBMess
Posted (edited)

So I just got out of a Reserve raid with an AK using mixed ammo of Igolnik and BS rounds. The first fight I got into was with another PMC who had no armor. I hit him 5 times with BS rounds in the chest and he didn't die... I shrugged this off, b/c in the moment I assumed my shots had to be missing. I shoot at two different scavs mid-match and they just shrug off 3-4 rounds center mass like they're nothing.... W.e, scavs can be weird and maybe I missed some shots - I move on. Go towards shots from an M4 and barely get inside the building before getting rekt from two different angles. I stop my bleed and re-peek the M4 guy who is now maximum 10 feet from the window I'm looking out of. I hit him center mass and unload about 10 bullets into him, I assume he's dead. I recheck it and the guys still alive waiting for me to peek... This time I knew for a fact I didn't miss. Recoils too low and targets too close to have my bullets acting like they're going into the nether. Not to mention the M4 guy was wearing class 4 rig. I have this all recorded on Nvidia and when I re-watched the video I realized I wasn't crazy in each instance during that raid... I had hit my shots, they just didn't do anything. This is the first time in the game I've been left scratching my head with this kind of situation. Is this common? Does this happen? Maybe server connection plays a role? I usually just run straight Igolnik, but I had a bunch of extra BS rounds so I decided to use them. That's the only thing that changed, but not like it should matter considering BS's high pen and damage... Anyone else experience this with high tier ammo?

Edited by IBMess

crikeym8

in the chest is weird, you can shoot their right/left arm and it wont hit cehst, just arms, and this does not kill easily...

sometimes  i spray scavs with m855a1 what looks like 10 hits for them to die... again i suspect this is right/left arm...

also had shot a guy with BS rounds to his head on the SSh-68 helmet and i saw it "flash" on his helmet so it richochet and he killed me lol.

i think it is hard to tell sometimes what is happening, especially with issues on server desync to consider

IBMess
1 hour ago, crikeym8 said:

in the chest is weird, you can shoot their right/left arm and it wont hit cehst, just arms, and this does not kill easily...

sometimes  i spray scavs with m855a1 what looks like 10 hits for them to die... again i suspect this is right/left arm...

also had shot a guy with BS rounds to his head on the SSh-68 helmet and i saw it "flash" on his helmet so it richochet and he killed me lol.

i think it is hard to tell sometimes what is happening, especially with issues on server desync to consider

Are hit reg issues still around? I've heard people talk about that as well.

crikeym8
1 hour ago, IBMess said:

desync is the main issue that ive noticed, cant say much about hit registration as it is a subtle thing in the middle of a fight. i assume i whiff shots more than anything.

hitting arms instead of torso is a big problem, best to shoot people from behind if possible hahaha

Rekonsile
12 hours ago, IBMess said:

hit reg issues are far and few inbetween now. you hit him in the arms and chest its normal and its why i stay away from 556 and 545 ammo.

Unearthed

7:36 shows why some people can survive so many shots, so that would mean you didn't hit the thorax enough/at all, which I have been on the side of way too many times.

chrisragnar

I mixed high pen and "soft jacket"(cant remember what its called) and it basically still took 3-4 center mass bursts to kill unarmored and lvl 2 armor scavs. Didnt get a chance to test on players as i got shot in the eyes instantly from a sniper when i turned a corner..

GeneralBrus
Am 30.3.2020 um 08:51 schrieb crikeym8:

hitting arms instead of torso is a big problem, best to shoot people from behind if possible hahaha

Soo true, arms bock like half the torso hitbox.

Because of that hitting someones head is the better option, limb dmg is so low that hitting someones arm is the same as missing your shot