neo_bpm

Where this game goes?

neo_bpm

Good,

Everything and that I have had the game for months, it has been this last week that I have started to play more assiduously since my friends have also caught it.

I have to say that I like the game a lot for its realistic aspect, hardcore and complexity.

In recent days I have started looking at forums and others, and I only see people "complaining" about the game's end game and apparently I did not like what I have read either.

I am now in that phase when everything in the game is new, as it is overwhelming, I love it, there is much to discover, much to suffer for and many nerves when it comes to escape.

So far so good, but as I read, this eventually ends, the game becomes a mere diogenes without any challenge because of the easy it becomes and it is right there when it makes me think whether to continue playing  this or not.

I've even read a lot of people asking for a single PvE mode (if they do uninstall the game at once) and other animated ones.

Come here, what is the point of playing this if you lose that feeling of survival?  I have seen how the game becomes too easy and challenging in the long run because of the equipment you have been carrying that tr has immortal and because of the large amount of information on the internet (for example, it seems pathetic that everyone  play with the open map on the web) all this is completely lost.

In short, where is Tarkov going?  Is it a game that is intended solely for looting and pickpocketing?  What is the point of the game for those who go full equip?  In other words, what is the point of this game when you lose the fear of dying and losing everything?

On the other hand, what do you plan to do in the long term?  Are you planning to make the game challenging for high levels?

Then I also read that they wanted to join the maps, make it persistent, economical, with merchants on the maps, etc.  that would make this game great.

I do not know, enlighten me a little because as you can see my desire to play is seeing a little what this has become, and it tastes bad to me because it is the hardest game I remember and deserves more perpetuity in time and less diogenes  stupid nonsense.

Greetings.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Overkill_Reaper

I’m personally waiting for the pvp (arena mode). I play this game for the competitive aspect as the looting/survival aspect  becomes more tedious than fun at a certain point. The arena mode should add massive amounts of extra longevity for this game. 

• Like 1

RainmakerM4
Posted (edited)

There is no end game, this term is made up. What some consider endgame is our everyday kit from day 1 of the wipe. Not all players are suckers and have gear fear.

Same goes to people wanting ranked matching system and separation solos vs teams. If you cant play solo that doesnt mean next player cant do it aswell. The game should not adjust its awesomness and dynamic/unpredictable raids to suit your linear non knowledge playstyle.

Tarkov should be unforgiving brutal hardcore simulation shooter experience. And with stamina (that was nerfed to the ground sadly) system and magasine loading system it became 2x more awesome.

People will complain but in the end, game features should stay original and please the original audience. And not cater to people who come and go like the wind...

My honest thought. No hard feelings.

Edited by RainmakerM4
  • Like 2

Tocki

My only fear is that tarkov turns into 80% high geared and thermal only battles, after this game is out for a year. 

If they don’t do something against that, I will definitely not play the main game after release that much, or even stop it totally. 

Rekonsile
3 hours ago, Tocki said:

My only fear is that tarkov turns into 80% high geared and thermal only battles, after this game is out for a year. 

If they don’t do something against that, I will definitely not play the main game after release that much, or even stop it totally. 

thermals are not as good as people think they are... they do well but a person with a ranged optic will put you down in a hurry if your first shots fail to kill who ever you are shooting

Tocki
vor 27 Minuten schrieb Rekonsile:

thermals are not as good as people think they are... they do well but a person with a ranged optic will put you down in a hurry if your first shots fail to kill who ever you are shooting

What’s with those guys, who use both? 
thermal for Spotting, ranged optic for shooting. 

as long as there is no direct counter to thermals, thermals are going to be a problem. 

skyflashde
vor 52 Minuten schrieb Rekonsile:

thermals are not as good as people think they are...

Yes they are as good as people think they are. I am playing with them. Its a difference like night and day.

Its actually more like cheating cause there are no disadvantages.

You can even stash them into your Gamma if you enter a small building, which is like the only chance you will ever get killed anyway... unless you meet another thermal user of course.

Optics? Suck. You dont see people hiding somewhere in the grass or peeking behind some obstacle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

DeadCell89
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

"players are suckers and have gear fear."

"People will complain but in the end, game features should stay original and please the original audience. And not cater to people who come and go like the wind"

Translation: Not all players have the free time we have. 

At the end of the day this is a product that requires people to be buying into it in order to sustain its development. Only listening to the "Arbiters of all things EFT" is what leads to slow growth for a game developer. Up until the point that I bought this game, which was around 2 weeks ago, I hardly even heard much about it. It had about as much notoriety as a game like World War 3 has. So, it's not like strictly listening to a base of elitists, (that like to assure themselves that they're hardcore for whatever arbitrary, random reasons) has done much for the popularity of this game, and in-turn, making it worthwhile to the creator for spending resources in its development. 

It must really grind your gears knowing deep down inside that you really don't matter any more than the casual gamer who pays the same price as you, like me 😉

Edited by DeadCell89
  • Like 1

Rekonsile
1 hour ago, skyflashde said:

Yes they are as good as people think they are. I am playing with them. Its a difference like night and day.

Its actually more like cheating cause there are no disadvantages.

You can even stash them into your Gamma if you enter a small building, which is like the only chance you will ever get killed anyway... unless you meet another thermal user of course.

Optics? Suck. You dont see people hiding somewhere in the grass or peeking behind some obstacle.

you clearly havent been playing vrs anyone thats a real player you would get slapped hard by most skilled players and i assume you are also not the type of person to engage with thermals under 50 meters considering i bet you have also stashed them in your gamma frantically as you are about to die? If you are gonna use them you mines well lose them they are only a few hundred k... As i said plenty of players will humble you and any other thermal user real quick if you dont kill on your first few shots.

2 hours ago, Tocki said:

What’s with those guys, who use both? 
thermal for Spotting, ranged optic for shooting. 

as long as there is no direct counter to thermals, thermals are going to be a problem. 

kudos if you want to use them like that more to give away to other players. The direct counter is cover and concealment and flanking... Like in any real world situation. In real life thermals see reallly really far away like forever away... ive used 3 different types in Marines. Trust me when i tell you the thermals in this game aren't OP. 

The reality is if they made the day as hot as it is in real life most people would barely show up but im sure as you know the game is still in beta so thats something they will have to work on as the beta progresses and thermals shouldnt beable to see through glass but it still does at the current moment... once again games still in beta...

oh not to mention night time would make for the only time they could really be effectively used all the time... 

18 minutes ago, DeadCell89 said:

Translation: Not all players have the free time we have. 

At the end of the day this is a product that requires people to be buying into it in order to sustain its development. Only listening to the "Arbiters of all things EFT" is what leads to slow growth for a game developer. Up until the point that I bought this game, which was around 2 weeks ago, I hardly even heard much about it. It had about as much notoriety as a game like World War 3 has. So, it's not like strictly listening to a base of elitists, (that like to assure themselves that they're hardcore for whatever arbitrary, random reasons) has done much for the popularity of this game, and in-turn, making it worthwhile to the creator for spending resources in its development. 

It must really grind your gears knowing deep down inside that you really don't matter any more than the casual gamer who pays the same price as you, like me 😉

not sure why you are trying to throw shade at rain maker he clearly has played this game for years... two weeks of playing and trying to make a statement about how irrelevent someone is? Maybe you are the one seeking validation here...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

neo_bpm

When the game is turning in a RPG for freaks instead of a realistic shooter for adult players we have a problem, if have not time to play or money to expend, you will be a loser because gear >>>>> skill.

• Upvote 1

Xalsfer
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, neo_bpm said:

When the game is turning in a RPG for freaks instead of a realistic shooter for adult players we have a problem, if have not time to play or money to expend, you will be a loser because gear >>>>> skill.

This technically is an RPG Lmfao

Edited by Xalsfer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

skyflashde
vor 2 Stunden schrieb neo_bpm:

What this guy said... this already IS an RPG, which you can easily see by the fact that on average a level 1 player with all skills on 0 will never have a realistic chance against a level 50 with full elite skills.

Not only can you barely hold your gun up with 0 skills, you also run slower, tire much earlier, you shoot basicly EVERYHWERE cause your hand shakes like you are an alcoholic... your healing sucks, you loot much slower, exposing you more and longer. You get fractures much earlier, you take more damage... etc. etc.

The gear is just the tip of the iceberg. Also at level 10 you can buy all the gear from the fleamarket if you want.

This is not a game based on player skill. At all. Skill is just a contributing factor, and one of the least prominent.

So this IS an RPG for freaks... this also is what the game was advertised as. I dont think that is a problem, the problem is that the much needed RPG elements are not in yet, which currently breaks the game. Karma... economy... storyline.

Blaat112
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skyflashde said:

This is not a game based on player skill. At all. Skill is just a contributing factor, and one of the least prominent.

This is just false.

This is still a shooter. People that flank, reposition, have good aim, have good "spotting" eyes, tactics, etc will own you if you sit still in a bush terrified of that bullet that just bounced of your level 6 helmet. 

Skill is still a huge factor in this game.

Im on board on the rest of your post though. Low levels have it hard(er).

Edited by Blaat112

skyflashde
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Blaat112:

Skill is still a huge factor in this game.

No its not.

I know, because I have none. I last played shooters 30 years ago, and I don't really like the mindless run and gun gameplay we have in Tarkov at all. My reflexes also arent as good as 30 years ago.

I still kill full geared PMCs, have a full stash and do just fine in game.

Me levelling up from level 1 to 20 was a huge boost to my killing efficiency. Because now I have access to all the good equipment and my skills are high enough to actually aim at something and hit it.

I am slowly creeping to level 30, and I am pretty sure when I am level 50 and have much higher skills the shaking when holding the rifle will have further diminished, which will make my aim even better.

The game does actually PREVENT you from having a good aim with low skill, by randomizing your bullets everywhere. Obviously recoil is the second thing you need to get down, but thats easily done by buying a nice weapon.

If you have a friend with a new account, you should check it out. You probably dont even remember how bad it is. There is a huge difference between a level 1 aiming and a level 50 aiming.

neo_bpm
6 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

No its not.

I know, because I have none. I last played shooters 30 years ago, and I don't really like the mindless run and gun gameplay we have in Tarkov at all. My reflexes also arent as good as 30 years ago.

Me levelling up from level 1 to 20 was a huge boost to my killing efficiency. Because now I have access to all the good equipment and my skills are high enough to actually aim at something and hit it.

I am slowly creeping to level 30, and I am pretty sure when I am level 50 and have much higher skills the shaking when holding the rifle will have further diminished, which will make my aim even better.

The game does actually PREVENT you from having a good aim with low skill, by randomizing your bullets everywhere. Obviously recoil is the second thing you need to get down, but thats easily done by buying a nice weapon.

If you have a friend with a new account, you should check it out. You probably dont even remember how bad it is. There is a huge difference between a level 1 aiming and a level 50 aiming.

This is a TOTAL DISASTER, a game where the level+gear is more important than skill+teamplay will die fast because people want balance and have a life, in this game is mandatory play a lot of hours to be someone and not diying in 5min cause a high level killed you fast.

Will they fix this? If not, I will leave the game sorry.

skyflashde
vor einer Stunde schrieb neo_bpm:

This is a TOTAL DISASTER, a game where the level+gear is more important than skill+teamplay will die fast because people want balance and have a life, in this game is mandatory play a lot of hours to be someone and not diying in 5min cause a high level killed you fast.

Its not a disaster, its an RPG. You do level in this game for a reason.

The only real problem I see there is that leveling up takes way too long and that PvP currently has too much space in the game.

The RPG elements obviously dont work for a PvP shooter, they do work for a PvP survival RPG, which we currently dont really have, as people are encouraged to just play Call of Duty style Battle Royal with the biggest guns and kill everyone.

Its pretty stupid in the moment.

The RPG game design makes low levels very weak and high levels very strong, the economy does the same, and then they put everyone into the same arena and have them play deathmatch against each other. The result can't surprise anyone.

And then the high levels pretend that they have skill and the low levels don't. And the low levels eventually just quit the game.

So yes, they will fix it, when this game becomes a real story mod survival RPG. Could take years though.

Either you just die your way through the low levels until you gain enough levels to be able to compete or you quit.

Rekonsile
5 hours ago, skyflashde said:

What this guy said... this already IS an RPG, which you can easily see by the fact that on average a level 1 player with all skills on 0 will never have a realistic chance against a level 50 with full elite skills.

Not only can you barely hold your gun up with 0 skills, you also run slower, tire much earlier, you shoot basicly EVERYHWERE cause your hand shakes like you are an alcoholic... your healing sucks, you loot much slower, exposing you more and longer. You get fractures much earlier, you take more damage... etc. etc.

The gear is just the tip of the iceberg. Also at level 10 you can buy all the gear from the fleamarket if you want.

So this IS an RPG for freaks... this also is what the game was advertised as. I dont think that is a problem, the problem is that the much needed RPG elements are not in yet, which currently breaks the game. Karma... economy... storyline.

umm thats a lie... head shots kill all no matter what level or armor you have on

2 hours ago, neo_bpm said:

actually the only thing that matters is ammo.... armor is just a cushy way to survive vrs people who refuse to spend money on good ammo. this game may be to hard for you if you think level has anything to do with winning or surviving fights

skyflashde
vor 18 Minuten schrieb Rekonsile:

umm thats a lie... head shots kill all no matter what level or armor you have on

No its not a lie. READ THE SENTENCE AGAIN. I marked it for you.

which you can easily see by the fact that -----> on average <----- a level 1 player with all skills on 0 will never have a realistic chance against a level 50 with full elite skills.

• Like 1

neo_bpm
28 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

which you can easily see by the fact that -----> on average <----- a level 1 player with all skills on 0 will never have a realistic chance against a level 50 with full elite skills.

And this is very unbalanced, they should consider to add a balanced matchmaking system (1 to 10, 11 to 30, etc) is not fun be killed by +30 level player.

Blaat112
6 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes, you can do fine. People that excel in combat though have more. Alot more. They dont just do "fine" they have an excess of resources.

But ok, if you think skill is a smal factor in this, lets just agree to disagree.

Overkill_Reaper

The skills system is the worst thing about this game imo. Well, the skills that artificially inflate a players combat, healing, or damage resistance anyways.  

Im sorry, but giving a player a competitive  edge over another because they no-lifed/cheesed their skills up is a silly gamey design decision. 

• Like 1

neo_bpm
1 hour ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

The skills system is the worst thing about this game imo. Well, the skills that artificially inflate a players combat, healing, or damage resistance anyways.  

Im sorry, but giving a player a competitive  edge over another because they no-lifed/cheesed their skills up is a silly gamey design decision. 

+1000

• Upvote 1

Rekonsile
5 hours ago, neo_bpm said:

And this is very unbalanced, they should consider to add a balanced matchmaking system (1 to 10, 11 to 30, etc) is not fun be killed by +30 level player.

there is no match making required its a surbvival game....

6 hours ago, skyflashde said:

you head shot you win with the right ammo and you can find that ammo on most maps.... once again you are lying... and spreading mis information

skyflashde
Posted (edited)
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rekonsile:

you head shot you win with the right ammo and you can find that ammo on most maps.... once again you are lying... and spreading mis information

Another one that quit school too early.

There is no YOU in statistics. I am talking about the whole player population.

A level 50 player will headshot a level 1 player almost every single time, unless he is a complete retard. And even then he probably will, because his higher skills allow him to actually hit what he is aiming at, while the game will make the bullets of the level 1 guy miss.

Before you come with the retard argument that the level 1 could ambush the level 50:

No he cant. The level 50 hears a lot more, has better perception and even if the level 50 is deaf and blind, there is no way that the level 1 guy ambushes a level 50 guy more than 50% of the time, and that number would be right out of fantasy island.

So in fact YOU are lying. On purpose.

You know perfectly well that a level 1 on average has no chance in hell against a level 50 player, even if you only take the character skills into account. Don't even try to spread that bullshit, no one is believing it anyway.

If we take random 500 encounters between a level 1 and a level 50 then we would see like 450+ kills of the level 1 guy. BSG could prove it with real numbers, but they won't, cause it shows how imbalanced the whole game is.

Arent you some no-life streamer? Here two questions for you:

1. How often have you killed PMCs below level 5 in the last 4 weeks?

2. How often have you been killed by PMCs below level 5 in the last 4 weeks?

Edited by skyflashde

Rekonsile
20 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Another one that quit school too early.

There is no YOU in statistics. I am talking about the whole player population.

A level 50 player will headshot a level 1 player almost every single time, unless he is a complete retard. And even then he probably will, because his higher skills allow him to actually hit what he is aiming at, while the game will make the bullets of the level 1 guy miss.

Before you come with the retard argument that the level 1 could ambush the level 50:

No he cant. The level 50 hears a lot more, has better perception and even if the level 50 is deaf and blind, there is no way that the level 1 guy ambushes a level 50 guy more than 50% of the time, and that number would be right out of fantasy island.

So in fact YOU are lying. On purpose.

You know perfectly well that a level 1 on average has no chance in hell against a level 50 player, even if you only take the character skills into account. Don't even try to spread that bullshit, no one is believing it anyway.

If we take random 500 encounters between a level 1 and a level 50 then we would see like 450+ kills of the level 1 guy. BSG could prove it with real numbers, but they won't, cause it shows how imbalanced the whole game is.

Arent you some no-life streamer? Here two questions for you:

1. How often have you killed PMCs below level 5 in the last 4 weeks?

2. How often have you been killed by PMCs below level 5 in the last 4 weeks?

the whole player population can kill with headshots....