Straafe

The after raid load screen still takes forever, any fixes?

Straafe

The one where it is just the green background and the spinning loading circle in the bottom right corner of the screen. If you google it you will see it's been an issue for certain players for years. It can take over 5 minutes to get back to the main menu after a raid sometimes, just sitting in this screen. It's not frozen, as the circle indicator is spinning, but nothing happens for a really long time, it's almost faster to alt+f4 after every single raid. I was wondering if there were any workarounds yet?

• Like 1

Grimm285
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Straafe said:

The one where it is just the green background and the spinning loading circle in the bottom right corner of the screen. If you google it you will see it's been an issue for certain players for years. It can take over 5 minutes to get back to the main menu after a raid sometimes, just sitting in this screen. It's not frozen, as the circle indicator is spinning, but nothing happens for a really long time, it's almost faster to alt+f4 after every single raid. I was wondering if there were any workarounds yet?

might be silly to ask but are you running it off a Solid state drive or hard drive? The other thing is are you running low mem?  Tarkov is VERY memory hungry 12gb is recommended but 16 or more is ideal

Edited by Grimm285
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

looqaa

I had this problem along with some others and I recently upgraded my RAM from 8gb to 16gb and so far it seems to have fixed it, it definitely fixed other stutter-y issues, I really underestimated how much ram mattered on this game so maybe it also is the fix for that it seems.

Straafe
Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

are you running it off a Solid state drive

17 hours ago, looqaa said:

I had this problem along with some others and I recently upgraded my RAM from 8gb to 16gb

For more information - yes I have tarkov installed on an SSD (but not my OS SSD, a separate one). Also this computer has 32GB of DDR4 so I doubt it's a memory related problem. I wish it was something simple like that but it seems to be something else. I;ve also tried all the classic cure-alls like re-installing the game and running as admin etc etc. I just can't seem to shake that ridiculously long load screen. It really sucks because when I'm playing with a group of friends, after every raid at the end they have to wait the 5+ minutes for me, before I can even re-kit out and sell, since they get into the menu's much faster (and they have PC's varying from worse to better than mine).

This is the screen that it stays on forever:
queCZkp.png
And here is the console, although I checked with a friend who didn't have the long load screen issue and his console contained basically the exact same errors.
mJ1FZB1.png

Edited by Straafe

sYs

So what happens after raid is your client is waiting for a response from the server.

This is where you should start diagnosing. It's not an server issue cause otherwise everyone would be complaining about the issue. 

Question is : What is throttling my incoming http connection?

Straafe

(btw those screenshots weren't from today, I just had them in the Screenshots folder)

Ok, so it could have something to do with my ISP or modem/router? I have no issues with basically any other multiplayer game, so I don't really know where to start looking.

sYs
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Straafe said:

(btw those screenshots weren't from today, I just had them in the Screenshots folder)

Ok, so it could have something to do with my ISP or modem/router? I have no issues with basically any other multiplayer game, so I don't really know where to start looking.

Well any other multiplayer game is not built on http/https backend.  Tarkov is unique this way but hence comes with unique problems too. 

What's your ISP?

Edited by sYs

Straafe
Posted (edited)

It's 100MBPS cable through Spectrum

Edited by Straafe

Straafe
Posted (edited)

It's easy to find quite a few posts about what appears to be the exact same issue, although most of them don't include information about the PC or ISP to try to find commonalities, so it's hard to say what it could be. All I know for sure is I've been playing this game for many years, I think back in like .2 is when I started, and it was never and issue for me until the last year maybe (at least that I can remember, could;ve started more than a year ago). None of the tricks in these posts work for me either. I have always had the same ISP, although during the last couple years I did move to a nearby city (but got internet through the same ISP in the new city again). Based on the dates for most of these posts, the timing seems to match up to when it probably started for me, which leads me to believe this might have been caused by BSG and could somehow be a bug on their end, but I really have no idea what's causing it.

Edited by Straafe

TUALMASOK
4 hours ago, sYs said:

Well any other multiplayer game is not built on http/https backend.  Tarkov is unique this way but hence comes with unique problems too. 

PUBG is, which is why it's so susceptible to hackers. I'm guessing that's why BSG is also having issues.

The issue with long menu loading in EFT is linked directly to the servers. The client is waiting for data from the server to load, and it's just not coming in fast enough. This is because of optimisation issues, but they can't optimise until they have finalised the requirements of the game, which won't be for quite some time.

I am incredibly confident the end result will be much faster than what we currently get, but we have to wait until all the maps are released and the game systems are finalised. That's when the back end optimisations will start.

• Like 1

Straafe
9 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

The issue with long menu loading in EFT is linked directly to the servers

So there is nothing I can do? Why do others (some with worse PC's and a slower internet connection) not experience this issue, but some people do?

orion310591
11 minutes ago, Straafe said:

So there is nothing I can do? Why do others (some with worse PC's and a slower internet connection) not experience this issue, but some people do?

Two things I can think of, first add tarkov to all possible firewalls in your pc, windows, antivirus, whatever you have.

2nd try to change servers you play on... could be that you have using 5 different servers and one is problematic for you.

Reduce number of servers or change them in launcher.

Straafe
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, orion310591 said:

Two things I can think of, first add tarkov to all possible firewalls in your pc, windows, antivirus, whatever you have.

2nd try to change servers you play on... could be that you have using 5 different servers and one is problematic for you.

Reduce number of servers or change them in launcher.

Sadly, already had both of these done (I double checked and had the tarkov executable set as an exception in Windows Firewall, and I only have servers near me with low ping checked, and then just did another test raid). Still has the long end of raid loading time before the main menu.

Edited by Straafe

Straafe
Posted (edited)

Here are a bunch more posts about this specific issue, that end of raid load screen right before you are returned to the main menu. In some of these, people said this was a "known bug" and Nikita himself replied to one of the reddit ones from a few months ago blaming it on overloaded servers... but that can't be the cause since it only affects specific players while others are completely unaffected (including people in the same party in the same games). It also seems to have no correlation whatsoever with internet speeds or PC specs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/9jroi0/after_raid_stuck_on_loading/

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/83952-infinite-loading-screen-after-raid/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/9jzi54/infinite_loading_bug_after_nearly_every_raid/

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/83606-cant-do-scav-runs-anymore/

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/118740-long-exit-times-after-raid/

Unfortunately, most of these don't have any fixes or workarounds, and the ones that do don't work. I did submit a bug report on this with all the information I could fit into it, so hopefully that goes somewhere, but in the meantime I'm willing to try anything short of buying an entire new PC or reinstalling Windows if anyone has any more ideas. This is really killing the game for me.

Edited by Straafe

orion310591
Posted (edited)

@Straafe

Did you try to uncheck RAM cleaner in tarkov?

post dxdiag info or file here

Edited by orion310591

Straafe
Posted (edited)

Just checked and I had the "Auto RAM Cleaner" unchecked in settings

In my error log file there are a few of these errors: "Backend error: Failed to receive data", here are some snippets

Lkfx1NY.png

XGoDlzK.png

Edited by Straafe

orion310591
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Straafe said:

Just checked and I had the "Auto RAM Cleaner" unchecked in settings

In my error log file there are a few of these errors: "Backend error: Failed to receive data", here are some snippets

Lkfx1NY.png

XGoDlzK.png

Can you try to use 1 server only that you never used before, and another solution, if u are in USA, pick some server from EU.

Edited by orion310591

Straafe

I'll try that now

sYs
4 minutes ago, Straafe said:

I'll try that now

If you still have the issue and need help diagnosing you can add me on discord - we do it live . :P

orion310591
Just now, sYs said:

If you still have the issue and need help diagnosing you can add me on discord - we do it live . :P

I got your point, Im trying not to write something wrong haha :D

Straafe

Hey, so I couldn't select any servers outside my country to test because they were all over 150 ping, but I went ahead and just unchecked every server in my country but one and chose one the furthest away/highest ping (because it would be one that probably wouldn't have been used with them all selected). Suicided on factory a couple times to test and it definitely was faster, for sure under 5 minutes. I'm going to slowly add some lower ping servers back and keep blowing myself up with grenades to see if it was just picking a problem server or if this is just me getting lucky. Also if it does turn out to be a specific server(s) causing issues, then why does it only affect certain people I wonder?

How long is that load screen for you guys so I can use it as a rough benchmark? I'm guessing under 30 seconds should be the goal for it, right?

@sYs, I'll PM you for discord info after some more testing if problem continues

sYs
2 minutes ago, Straafe said:

Hey, so I couldn't select any servers outside my country to test because they were all over 150 ping, but I went ahead and just unchecked every server in my country but one and chose one the furthest away/highest ping (because it would be one that probably wouldn't have been used with them all selected). Suicided on factory a couple times to test and it definitely was faster, for sure under 5 minutes. I'm going to slowly add some lower ping servers back and keep blowing myself up with grenades to see if it was just picking a problem server or if this is just me getting lucky. Also if it does turn out to be a specific server(s) causing issues, then why does it only affect certain people I wonder?

How long is that load screen for you guys so I can use it as a rough benchmark? I'm guessing under 30 seconds should be the goal for it, right?

@sYs, I'll PM you for discord info after some more testing if problem continues

30 secs TOPS

orion310591
17 minutes ago, Straafe said:

Also if it does turn out to be a specific server(s) causing issues, then why does it only affect certain people I wonder?

- Then it could be something on client side, starting from different ISP, or ISP servers/plan, to basically anything in PC box.

- About screen, I dont have it longer than 5 seconds... EU region, standard PC these days...

Ah and one more thing I forgot to mention, I have 16GB ram, and 16GB of paging memory, google it. I recommend to increase it.

orion310591
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Straafe said:

Hey, so I couldn't select any servers outside my country to test because they were all over 150 ping, 

How is this possible? You are in Sydney? I am from EU and i have 21 server under 150ms europe, russia, america. Are you sharing internet with someone or have wireless transfer to your home?

I just tested with scav run, last loading screen after death, right before showing main screen, was 11 seconds.

PS.

Your ram is single channel or dual channel?

Edited by orion310591

sYs
8 minutes ago, orion310591 said:

How is this possible? You are in Sydney? I am from EU and i have 21 server under 150ms europe, russia, america. Are you sharing internet with someone or have wireless transfer to your home?

I just tested with scav run, last loading screen after death, right before showing main screen, was 11 seconds.

It's clearly connection issue once you understand how server infrastructure works.

Changing servers and hoping onto another ones won't solve the issue.

The easiest way to diagnose this would be to play with open vpn like "protonvpn" and see if the issue persists.

If the issue is gone - than it's and ISP issue

if the issue is NOT gone - than it's a pc configuration issue. 

Simple.