The after raid load screen still takes forever, any fixes?

could it be a mem issue where it is using all the mem i checked task manager and it seemed to be using almost all of it at like 90%. Just wanted to put that out there.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Straafe

• sYs

• Mythsardan

• Amphibol

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

might be silly to ask but are you running it off a Solid state drive or hard drive? The other thing is are you running low mem?  Tarkov is VERY memory hungry 12gb is recommended but 16 or more is idea

The one where it is just the green background and the spinning loading circle in the bottom right corner of the screen. If you google it you will see it's been an issue for certain players for years.

A friend of mine is running into the exact same problem. We live in Japan and we always run into problems when we play together and it's always frustrating. I hope that this issue will be resolved.

Posted Images

well it didn't the first time hense my reply which i deleted

but it did go up to 4.5gb of mem usage upon exiting the raid i just finished

Edited by Amphibol
Mythsardan

I have the same issue as well. Getting back to the menu after game takes a long time, it's usually faster to restart the game. On top of this, I have to frequently restart my game as my flea market and traders bug out quickly, plus if I play with friends, after 1 or 2 raids I have to restart the game otherwise the game would start without me even though we are in a party. I read through all the replies here and tried all the suggested steps(except for the VPN, I guess I could try that as well)

I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, GTX 1080, 16 GB of RAM, game is installed on a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD. Tried clearing cache, moving the temp folder to my secondary SSD, reinstalling my game to the secondary SSD, then back to the main, verifying game files, my motherboard has 2 network adapters, an Intel I211 Gigabit one and a Realtek 2.5 GbE, both of them have the same issue, even tried clearing my nVidia cache/shader cache folders.

My internet connection is a 150/150 FO connection from Hyperoptic, never had any issues with them. I have been using cloudflare's DNS since they released it, but for good measures I switched back to Google's public one to see if by some magic that's the cause but nothing.

9784035962.png.fe1378ef7b9ef55aee3283456bc659e9.png

Just for good measures I tried installing the game today in my girlfriends PC which has a Ryzen 5 1600, Radeon 5700 XT, 16 GB RAM and a WD NVMe SSD and the game load times were under 5 seconds, the game loaded in faster as well.

If anyone have any ideas that would be amazing as I'm starting to run out of them(other than OS reinstall, I would love to avoid that).

Mythsardan

Thought about that, forgot to mention that my secondary one is a regular SATA Kingston SSD. Sadly it had the same issue with a fresh install.

Mythsardan

I'm not sure if BSG did something on their side, or one of the fixes decided to start working, but since I restarted my PC, my game been working properly, still a few longer load times, but no error messages in the console and they were still well below a minute. Not as fast as on my gf's PC(which is inferior to mine in all aspects but maybe the GPU), but way better than before. Not sure what did the trick, as I tried multiple things, but to summarize my last attempts: I added the .exe to the windows defender exceptions, turned off full screen optimisations, changed from my realtek network adapter to the intel one. I only played a few hours today, tomorrow on stream I will be able to test it a bit more, especially with OBS running as well and I will make an update here if it's completely fixed or I was just lucky with my games today.

Mythsardan

If it's a strictly BSG issue, how is it that it was bad on my PC but was good on my girlfriends PC? Same ISP, similar specs, but it was working on hers. Plus how does not everyone is having this issue? Sure, it might be something BSG needs to fix, but there is something else to it for sure.

my friends seemingly get it for like 20-30seconds occasionally and i do as well rarely instead of 1-2minutes
i have visible latency on all my games despite what speedtest says so maybe it is connection based problem

1.png

Okay, it's getting worse and worse. I've posted in a topic about this before, I have time to alt-tab out the game and search the internet for this topic, sign in to the forums, pass the ridiculous captcha and type this reply before the main menu appears. 

It used to be sometimes only, but now it's almost every single raid. In the instances this happens, CPU usage drops to about 5-8 percent, my 16Gb of memory is at ~80% and disk usage is almost nothing. When this issue doesn't occur, there is some slight stuttering with almost max memory usage, about 80% cpu usage and some disk activity.

The theory about server connection could be something, but I don't think the issue is client side at all; far too many people have this issue for it to be a connection issue from the client side, especially since all other things are working. Maybe the server closes the client connection; and the client is no longer authorized to talk to the server, I think something like that is more plausible. Whatever the issue might be, I'm filing a support ticket now, hoping to get some answers.

I'm in the Netherlands, I have a stable internet connection with ~500mbit downstream, and 50mbit upstream. I don't know what is happening, but it's getting to the point that it's really frustrating; especially in a party where some people have this issue and some don't. Even if I load out quickly, my teammate might not. 

Mythsardan

Well, after 9 hours of continuous gameplay while streaming, the game is back to how it was pretty much, really long loading times, flea market not loading in, messages not loading in, to update my flea market listings, I need to restart my game, otherwise even if I got the money for the items that sold it's still not going to take them off from the listings...

These are the error messages while on the leading screen.

761903325_2020-07-2106-10(0).thumb.png.bd4c311d670ce3f20792bee5f6e36339.png

I might just end up creating my own support ticket as well as I'm clueless at this point

edit: Done that, bug reported, hopefully they will find a solution for this eventually

Edited by Mythsardan

For me alt+tab out and back seems to work when stuck on after raid loading screen. When loading raid gets stuck I have to alt+f4 and relaunch the game and reconnect to the raid. Fortunately this doesn't occur too often.

Mythsardan

After further testing, looks like with VPN it works properly. Played a few hours and haven't had to restart the game yet, menu is snappy, messages, traders and flea loads in, after a raid wait time is down to a few seconds as well. It's just weird that if the issue is something that's related to the ISP as it would work for a little while and then everything just snags. Just to test it, I played without a VPN, then when everything started dying, I turned the VPN on without exiting the game, got a backend error after doing so, then it quickly loaded back to the menu and it's good ever since.

I know it's not a valid solution for most of the people, I'm one of the lucky ones who has less than 10 ms ping to the closes VPN server of my provider, though I have no clue how it would work while streaming, so I have to figure that out later.

Will update my ticket on that and see what BSG says.

Edited by Mythsardan
On 7/22/2020 at 8:16 AM, Mythsardan said:

Well, after 9 hours of continuous gameplay while streaming, the game is back to how it was pretty much, really long loading times, flea market not loading in, messages not loading in, to update my flea market listings, I need to restart my game, otherwise even if I got the money for the items that sold it's still not going to take them off from the listings...

These are the error messages while on the leading screen.

761903325_2020-07-2106-10(0).thumb.png.bd4c311d670ce3f20792bee5f6e36339.png

I might just end up creating my own support ticket as well as I'm clueless at this point

edit: Done that, bug reported, hopefully they will find a solution for this eventually

I've had responses to my support ticket, and they suggest upping the page file to 20gb, updating windows, and installing the game "default". (I've got all my games on a seperate SSD...)

I can't install it on the default C:\ location because of space issues, so I'm hoping this works. It's driving me nuts.

Mythsardan

Well, I got a reply as well, they said it's ISP related probably and I should contact them to explain what's up and ask for a full internet connection test. Considering I have no issues at all other than tarkov, I'm not really sure where to go with this, so I will probably just end up using my VPN when I want to play as that one works perfectly.

Even though it definitely seems related to ISP (not RAM, HDD, or anything local, sorry guys), BSG are the only ones with the power to fix it. Them telling you to contact your ISP is just them trying to toss the blame over to the ISP, and get out of trying to solve it themselves. Tarkov worked fine .10 and earlier for me on the same ISP, so it was something that changed on their backend around that time that started the problem with certain ISP's. I've signed up for a new ISP that is currently installing infrastructure in my area. Not sure when it'll be ready and I can swap, but that's my best chance of fixing this issue unfortunately, and I'll post back here when that happens and if it helps the issue. Best case would be for BSG to fix it though.

I did the ping/traceroute test that someone posted earlier, created a new ticket, and sent them the results. There were quite a few timeouts, especially with cdn-02.escapefromtarkov.com , so maybe it is involved (Can anyone successfully ping that address?).

Edited by Straafe
6 hours ago, Straafe said:

I did the ping/traceroute test that someone posted earlier, created a new ticket, and sent them the results. There were quite a few timeouts, especially with cdn-02.escapefromtarkov.com , so maybe it is involved (Can anyone successfully ping that address?).

nope pretty sure it's one that they give you so they can use it as a excuse

Well making the pagefile larger didn’t help at all. Seems a connection issue, and seeing the replies to others about contacting the ISP, I’ll just wait. Can’t be bothered to do anything else to troubleshoot the connection errors on BSG side. 

TechnoLogicPC

Just checking in as another member of the "I have this problem" club. Been happening for I don't even know how long. The flea market also occasionally tends to hang up on me for what seems to be over a minute, but I don't know if two issues are connected. Thanks for keeping us all updated Straafe.

JohnnyCashOnly

I've had issues for a month or so that when returning from a raid or switching from dealers to flea market takes quite a while (several minutes). I tried every optimization I know as  an engineer to no avail. Finally I tried delete the contents of the cache folder:

C:\Users\[Usernamehere]\AppData\Local\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\CefCache

Now Tarkov is running lightening fast with no UI delays again. Hope this helps others.

Feature request, a UI option to clear cache would be great!

Corndog-Stevens
9 hours ago, JohnnyCashOnly said:

I've had issues for a month or so that when returning from a raid or switching from dealers to flea market takes quite a while (several minutes). I tried every optimization I know as  an engineer to no avail. Finally I tried delete the contents of the cache folder:

C:\Users\[Usernamehere]\AppData\Local\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\CefCache

Now Tarkov is running lightening fast with no UI delays again. Hope this helps others.

Feature request, a UI option to clear cache would be great!

There is a UI option to clear cache in the launcher, but it doesn't clear this cefcache folder so that's interesting.

Just started playing patch 12.7 and since I got frustrated with the loading issue and simply applied every random thing I've read at once, I cannot pinpoint exactly what fixed it on my end, but I'll list them all the same in case it helps someone else.

Let windows manage your page file. I've always set mine manually before (amount of ram x 1024 x 1.5) but I noticed that Tarkov kept chugging my secondary, mechanical, drive like mad when I loaded the larger maps, making me assume it went for the second page file for some reason.

I cleared the "C:\Users\[Usernamehere]\AppData\Local\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\CefCache".

I limited myself to four servers with the best ping value, and within my own physical region. Prior to this I had the Moscow server selected as well as several EU ones. I doubt this actually did anything, but someone mentioned ISP issues, so whatever, can't hurt.

No idea which of these actually solved the problem, but I just loaded into Customs without any issues. Slightly longer than during 12.6, and EFT does stutter on the countdown after "map loading 100%", seeming almost non-responsive, but overall it's butter smooth compared to an hour ago.